McKesson

McKesson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fun envirnoment between their different offices
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2014
Mckesson makes the job fun, while being productive. Each of the offices within Mckesson, all have the same environment with their own twist, which makes it a great company to work for. Not only do they take care of the employees, but it really feels like a family away from home.
Fast Paced
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: team members
Cons: pay scale
I like this job because it is very fast paced and you have twelve things you have to do at once and the job is never boring and the day always seems to go by quickly.

I collect around 1.2 Million dollars a month for my client. This involves being able to analyze a power cube and work in the most efficient manner to get the job done.
This job requires – more... that you are able to build relationships with outside insurance companies in order to get claims paid in a timely manner. – less
little canda MN
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), LITTLE CANADA MNMay 19, 2014
Mangement favors their friends. One mangers best friend makes comments to both genders. If you report the isuue they target you. Supervisors favor miniorites over whiter people. If you are older be ready to get fired. White middle age women in charge has replaced her orginal mgmt. staff. All about her goals ands has no values. Told a mexician worker – more... he would be nothing more then a fork lift driver. Also asked him in a rude tone what do your people do for christmas.
They also discuss employee confidentiality with everyone.The HR director even left the company because of fear he would be caught in her battles. – less
productive and steady work flow. friendly co-workers. unpredictable shift.
(Temp) Warehouse Material handler (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMay 17, 2014
Pros: productive and steady work flow.
productive workplace. friendly co-workers. management seemed to be busy at all time. hardest part of the job was working the graveyard shift. unpredictable hours. i enjoyed the steady work pace allowed day to go by faster
A typical day at work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2014
Picking orders, packing them, and quality control. Shipping and wrapping, then loading them on the truck.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Warrendale, PA 15086May 15, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no overtime
Look at daily reports, replenish assembly's that were used that weekend. I learned the importance of accuracy when it comes to medication. The hardest part was waiting on parts and the best part was seeing a job complete. Sometimes wasteful
Great Place
General Clerk (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: let us snacked at our desk.
Cons: pay was a bit low
I really enjoyed working for Mckesson, it was a very perfessional place, I likes the manager and other leads.
most co-worker were fun to work with
order puller (Former Employee), Maple Grove,MNMay 14, 2014
Pros: donuts and snacks brought in.
Cons: favoritism is rampant
Started as a temp and was hired full time. The amazing things was my pay went DOWN by .50 per hour. If you are the "pet" of management or threaten to call an attorney, you will do fine. Management has no backbone and the good people are run over and mistreated.
Pasion for Quality
Non-clinical coordinator (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMay 12, 2014
Coordinate and create administrative authorizations for procedures, studies and medical equipment (DME) by means of collection and analysis of clinical data, in accordance with the established policies for each line of business by the Medical Plan SSS. Receive and manage clinical information according to the standards of PHI. Provide guidance and information – more... to medical providers and insured in matters related to the processes, follow ups, and termination of cases. Evaluate and refer cases to modify or extend dates of previous events according to the established policies. Identify, report, and/or correct any errors during and after the process of evaluation of cases, while maintaining direct coordination with clinical and medical review departments.
Maintain a pattern in the monthly evaluations with a steady increase at the levels of production and quality. – less
Change can bring great things
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 12, 2014
Overall a great company, I am excited to see the changes that working with a larger company will bring. (Newly acquired by McKesson)
Good Company , Great people
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 12, 2014
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
• Designed deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
• Performed extensive testing to ensure provided solutions meet business – more... requirements.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close issues in support of the project requirements
• Communicated with all Project stake holders to ensure time sensitive requirements are on track and completed – less
Worst place I have ever worked
Lead Material Handler (Former Employee), Clearbrook, VAMay 11, 2014
Pros: the benefits and paid time off
Cons: management / long hours/ favoritism
This place has no structure. As a company that has numerous distribution centers around the country, this one is a Joke! Management has no idea of what they're doing. I'm not sure what criteria was used when they hired their Supervisors because they have no clue. One in particular will discuss issues that she has with you with other employees which – more... is totally unacceptable in my opinion. And please do not smile or laugh or you will taken in and questioned as to what you're smiling about. I've worked in logistics for many years and McKesson is by far the worst place I have ever worked.

If you're considering leaving a job for this place, RECONSIDER! If you are a person that voices your opinion, you'll never make it there. I walked out before they had the opportunity to terminate me so this is not one of those bitter reviews. I am just stating my experience. – less
Awesome place to start a career at.
Medical Billing Clerk/Refund Processor (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMay 11, 2014
I would probably still be employed here if I hadn't made an unexpected life style change. The ladies were awesome to work with and I learned a lot while employed.
This is a very motivating job
Accounts Receivable Specialist I (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 10, 2014
I am very helpful in my position. I not only do what my job description says I also perform the billing for all my practice Medicaid.
Productive in a fun and friendly enviornment
Reimbursement Case Manager Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly. pay is decent and benefits are plentiful
Cons: moving up is not easy unless your "friendly" with the manager, not very open to suggestions on employee work improvement unless your the manager.
A typical day at McKesson is always fun and rewarding. They make sure that ALL employees are well taken care of and that if there are any issues they are resolved in a fast and effective manner. Even though McKesson is a Large corporation you still feel like an individual that matters. Most of the time you feel like there is always someone willing to – more... listen. – less
Network Admin, Backup Admin and Support Spec.
Systems Support specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Daily backup Administration duties, Network and Helpdesk support, and BES Administrator for all blackberries, phones and PDA devices. Troubleshooting hardware issues and software issues on a daily basis. Creating accounts in Active Directory, and making sure the company data was backed up successfully on a daily basis.
Great company to work for but to far of a drive for me
Replenish team member (Former Employee), Chino, CAMay 5, 2014
Management was ok they were able to help whenever they could lend a hand but the workload there for my position needed a 2nd person in order to complete within an 8 hour period
Great environment
Analyst (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 3, 2014
Great environment, great team, great place to work at. Great benefits.
Very unethical, unorganized and poor managment
Senior Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 1, 2014
This company does not promote minorities, management team is extremely poor, very unorganized, shows no remorse for employees.
Loooong days with poor management
Material Handler (Former Employee), Winchester, VAApril 30, 2014
Pros: time off, benefits, advancement, easy work
Cons: short lunch, mandatory ot, management, hours
Okay so if you are going to work for McKesson you should know somethings before you go into it. I have only worked at the Winchester location so speaking just from that experience. This company expects a lot from certain employees and will make sure they get that. They return the favor with great benefits and great time off. You start with 19 vacation – more... days(paid) and all major holidays off(paid). Starting salary for all Material Handler 1 is $11.50 a hour you will make $13 after 18 months there.

That's all the good with this company you will work crazy long days. especially if you're in shipping, L.U.M, and bulk pick is a little better. I worked in shipping Mondays and Tuesday are worst days(especially the beginning of the month) get in at 9:30 am and leave at 10, 11 pm, 12, or maybe even 1 am.and have to be back at 9:30 am. Later in the week the days are shorter like Thursday and Friday but you still leave at 8 or 9 pm. You will easily work 60 hours a week all OT is mandatory. Their is only one shift and everything has to be shipped that day so it is up to the 18 or so people in each department to get it done.

The management is lack luster allowing slower people to stay slow and expecting the faster workers to pick up the slack. If you get labeled or they think you are not a good worker forget it. They will change your hours, write you up for anything, and fire you. Kinda messed up when you put so much into it and they just throw you out like trash.I left because they did such things to be, I quit before they could fire me.

Please be careful if you're going to leave a job for this company think long and hard about it. I'am not a salty former employee or hate this company it has it's pros and cons I tried to help with that. I would still be working there if I didn't get "labeled"
- God Speed. – less

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more