McKesson Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Narcotics Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2016
I would recommend this workplace. People are amazing and respect. They always makes family first and very understanding.Its a positive environment.
Pros
birthday cakes
Cons
Great place to work, very busy and multitasking every day.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2016
I liked working at McKesson, I have gained the experience and confidence working as a team or individually with minimal supervision over the years I've spent there. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the problem and being able to fix it makes your day perfect.
Pros
not working on weekends.
Envirronement de travail dynamique et agréable
Commis Contrôle, comptes fournisseur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2016
Je travaille présentement dans un environnement dynamique, qui nécessite beaucoup d'interactions avec des partenaires externes, de même que des clients internes. Les tâches qui incombent à mon poste, me permettent d'avoir une vue d'ensemble sur tout le cycle des payables.

J'ai d'excellents rapports avec mes collaborateurs de qui j'apprend un peu plus à chaque jour en plus d'échanges mutuels constructifs.

Bien que mon travail nécessite le respect d'échéances et fait appel à beaucoup de concentration, il est néanmoins stimulant, me permettant d'être plus méthodique et renforçant ainsi mon sentiment d'accomplissement.
Pros
Formation continu prise en charge par l'entreprise
Cons
prime d'assurance collective dispendieuse
Flexiable lunch hour and working hours
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2016
You can choose half or one hour lunch time.

Scan your ID card for manage your working hours, come early and leave early.

But at least have one coworker stay in the office during the lunch time for other location office's call which at different time zone.
Very stressful environment where peoples lives are on the line
Remote Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2016
I have enhanced my skill levels greatly whilst at McKesson, however, the environment was not conducive to a proper balance. It is a good company to start out with but no room for proper growth.
Cons
Numerous opportunities within growing company
Packaging Assistant/ Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
Ample opportunities for upward mobilization. Diverse and friendly staff. Steady flow of work. Leading pharmaceutical company in Canada. Very welcoming.
Horrible work environment, harbors poisonous attitudes and work ethics
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2016
Heavy lifting/picking, pushed to get orders done, forced overtime. Unionized company, which means a handful of good hard working dedicated employees, carry the workload for the majority of lazy people, who try to do as little as possible, but still receive the same paycheck.
The management is a joke from top to bottom.
Overnight shifts and speed
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2016
This position was difficult to get to work for. Transportation was very limited in that area of the city which made overnight shifts very difficult. Also I never met their expectations of 180 ppm. I was only able to reach 210 ppm I believe once.
its been a wonderful succesful years..
SUB CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2015
15 succesful years shared between each and all departments..and i enjoyed working there...every one was happy to assist customers with a friendly face,conversation and assistance with joy..
Great minds and people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2015
Great place to start your career and take classes for advancement which they provide.

Management team cares about creating a solid team of professional to meet long term goals.

Laptop environment with good work life balance, working from home a couple of day a week is acceptable depending on what department you are in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Old company with some processes needing change.
everyone do there best to serve customer.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2015
Busy warehouse, work volume depends on season, gradually system are changing for better, co-workers are friendly and staying. Working on high volume of orders,,night shift and long hours. i enjoyed work with others and when we get it done nicely.i
new location
Billing claims specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, Mn23 November 2015
Mckesson is okay. The people are nice. My daily job was to make sure patient information was completed for submission by the date line. There was a lot of reconstructing, due to ICD 10 change, so a lot people were let go.

The hardest part of the job, is not know what to do.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people.
Pros
clean, nice cafe.
Cons
communication can be better
Incredible place to work, functional and fun.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 November 2015
McKesson is one of the best places I have ever worked. The people, the atmosphere, and just overall the experience I had was great. I learned a lot about the place i was working and what we did for the community. I never thought i would like to work in a warehouse, but it was something I would not hesitate to do again.
About McKesson
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee) –  Montreal7 November 2015
For over 100 years, McKesson Canada has been the logistics and distribution leader in the Canadian healthcare sector. We connect manufacturers and pharmacies with the very best supply solutions to ensure that branded, generic and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and products reach our pharmacy clients and their patients.

The Canadian healthcare sector has grown tremendously in 100 years and so has McKesson Canada. We offer a complete range of products and solutions, including integrated technology and information solutions to assist industry professionals who are concerned with safety, efficiency and having immediate access to key information. Some of these solutions include automation products and information solutions.

McKesson Canada also responds to the unique challenges of health practitioners and providers with clinical and business solutions such as clinical and administrative software applications and decision support tools to further improve their efficiency and patient care. With more and more patients living in the community setting and playing a more active role in their own care, McKesson Canada is also proud to offer community solutions that include call center technology, disease and case management services, on-demand health management solutions and nurse triage services.

Another priority at McKesson Canada is our commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of people through our corporate citizenship activities. We encourage and support our employees who donate their time or make financial contributions to our communities or to charitable
  more... organizations. We are very proud of the active and responsible role that we play as partners in the communities in which we operate and where our suppliers, customers and employees live and work.  less
they could do better
Bilingual health services specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 November 2015
Successful company - benefits OK, Pay competitive- Tend to develop and put out new products quickly. Need to slow down on releasing so many and focus on making sure company can support products they are currently selling.
Pros
less micromanagement
Cons
location
Customer Service Environment is Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2015
-Taking inbound calls for orders, credits, complaints, returns, shipping issues, website support etc.
Despite the demands of a heavy workload, the manager of the department can be discriminatory, prejudiced and biased in her management approach; particularly when there is conflict between employees. The culture allows for senior reps to verbally abuse new employees without any corrective action. I would not recommend applying for this department.
Pros
Learning about pharmaceutical supply chain
Cons
Poor management, contractual work without benefits
Big Company but made of small companies
MANAGER, SOFTWARE TEST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 September 2015
McKesson is a large multinational company but each of its business units is more or less independent.

Company attempts to use the latest tech and methodologies
Pros
Support from head office and the CTO
Cons
Pressure to make the bottom line better, Not always sure how to do this without impacting the staff..
Good atmosphere and good communication with employees
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON14 September 2015
Working at McKesson has given me quite the experience for industrial work. The atmosphere is a energetic one, with team leads and supervisors that are good support if your in need of any help or questions. Working at McKesson has surprised me on the amount of teamwork.
Pros
Good atmosphere
The people are the real hero
Order Filler (Class 3) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa19 August 2015
It is unfortunate for many, given the direction of a business, such as Mckesson is heading. Bittersweet really. Having said that, Mckesson will always be a model for successful business. Distribution Centres will turn more towards machine operated order filling, whilst creating less jobs for real people, and ultimately saving companies money. While this business will always need people to operate, it will over time, require fewer and fewer. The nature and the culture associated with Mckesson is very important in our day to day lives. Millions of people each day are touched my Mckesson in some way or another. This makes a career at Mckesson rewarding in itself.
Pros
Great Warehouse Employees
Cons
Competition for jobs, Automation Implementation
accecpted package deal
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2015
18 Great years of experience night shift was effecting my personal life would like to start a new lifestyle working days.
Pros
Great hour wage
Cons
night shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval