McKesson Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Katz Corporate Accounts Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga4 May 2014
Working at Mckesson has taught me valuable life skills and work skills that have been very beneficial through the years.
cover for other peoples mistakes, help customers get their product
Warehouse service (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 April 2014
Not a great place to work. job was easy, top guns took advantage of the people who wanted to be there. No recognition, lots of people talking about each other. Talk about respect but did not happen. Spoke to others in other roles and felt the same. stay away and company firing and laying people offright now and more to come. not secure. too bad as when was hired it was good place so we thught
Pros
parking
Cons
no respect, management was bad, no security
never work here
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2014
be prepared to be picked on may be good money but the hours were horrible and dont expect to rely on the transit system
Pros
good employees
Cons
horrible hours
See resume
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2014
Working as escalation point of contact for customer sites that are critical.
Learned Project Management, business Management, application integration Projects etc
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 April 2014
I worked at McKesson Medical Imaging for 10 years but unfortunately the company is experiencing some financial difficulties and needed to reduce the workforce so they did a lay off.
Pros
Workplace balance benefit
Cons
Stressful situations sometimes
Cultivating environment, Ability to adapt to change, Motivate team
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario27 March 2014
Main role is to build programs for stores, build flyers, proof flyers, negotiate vendor contracts for 2014. Build seasonal programs, recruit vendors to attend annual trade show.

Coordinate with Marketing department 'new' concepts for flyers, seasonal merchandising tools for stores.

Most difficult part of job is to build programs for Franchisees, always have to keep in mind total investment needed per store, ensure assortment includes key sales drivers.

Most enjoyable job is meeting with vendors to build programs, look at new products, niche items in the market.
Pros
Lunch and Learn sessions
Cons
Poor computer system, no POS sales
Great place to work. Location too far.
Infusion Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2014
Fast paced environment. Learned about the medical field of infusions and improved my customer service skills. Great team of management, very supportive. Co-workers always supported each other and worked as a team. The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was helping and dealing with the patients. I also enjoyed the the team effort of my co-workers.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
Cons
Company is moving and location is too far to commute to.
Productive, team based, nasty co-workers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 January 2014
Its a good company to work for. My work place had nasty co-workers that got under my skin. Team work was bad because. Its too bad people have to spoil a good work place. Robots are replacing the workers now.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Nasty co-workers
Bad company culture, tough management, performance doesn't matter
IT team (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent13 November 2013
the worst ever team you can get, non-professionalism and vanity dominate, encouraged at all management levels.
HR is just a puppet
Anybody can harass you (despite their funny ICARE principles)- at the end you're free to leave the company

All you have to do is to make sure you don't disturb upper management - then you have a long life to live at Mckesson
Pros
fancy working place, good technology
Cons
non-competitive working environment, mediocrity encouraged
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab15 October 2013
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
Pros
Monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons
This is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
Great Company and very supportive. Great Salary and benefits.
Manager Nurse Call Center (Former Employee) –  North Bay, Ontario2 October 2013
a very challenging experience opening this new nurse call center.
Hours were very long initially and support from management which was in the US was exceptional.
All the experience here was enjoyable from getting the location, furnishing it, to hiring all the nursing and IT staff.
This was a contract position and the most difficult part was ending the contract. The company was terrific and more than generous when it ended. I would recommend this for this company if you have the opportunity.
Pros
Exceptional management support
Cons
Expectations for performance can sometimes come at the expense of family life.
unloading trucks and sorting boxes
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2013
. My typical day at work is slow, the receiver got to scan every box one by one with its scanner and put a label on it and place it on a pallet afterwards.

. I didn't learn anything new. What I am doing now is basically the same of what I did in the past ware housing jobs.

. The management at the work place is not good at all. They receive more then they can handle in a 8 hour shift. There is always a day or two of work that they get on one day. The company should hire more receivers to get the work done more faster.

.For the co-workers, they only care about themselves and not the lumbers (helpers) that help them to unload trucks. sometimes the co-workers take over an hour to do a pallet, they start doing it and they do something else for a whiles and come back to it.

. The hardest part of the job is sometimes patience for when the receiver is not there. I can not get the job done without the receiver.

.The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is only one or a few orders on a pallet. It gets done very fast.
Pros
free lunch every now and then, Done work early on some days
Cons
The reciever goes away, I can not get the work done. messy outside the building, slow paste
Workign at Mckesson
Pharmacy Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 September 2013
Monitor Calls and Resolve pharmacy issues

Every day we follow the same routine. Answer calls resolve calls in first priority. Follow ups with vendor. New network setup for new stores.New upgrades.

Very pacefull and friendly environment.
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 August 2013
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not challenging
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 August 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec5 June 2013
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
Pros
allows you to get corporate experience
Cons
basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, Qc29 May 2013
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Pros
Flex Hours
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2013
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Pros
ICare Program
Cons
Management, circus environment, revolving door
Worst company
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 February 2013
this is the most worst company i have work. If you are not from medical background doing admin job you will feel not worth it.
Pros
management
Cons
pay was ok
Would never work there again
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  edmonton, alberta10 January 2013
Lots of work for what you get paid, Managenment has no idea what they are doing. If you happen to get a manager or supervisor position - long hours and lots of work.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
managenment does not care about staff