McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
Pros: allows you to get corporate experience
Cons: basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: icare program
Cons: management, circus environment, revolving door
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Worst company
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: pay was ok
this is the most worst company i have work. If you are not from medical background doing admin job you will feel not worth it.
Would never work there again
Warehouse (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: managenment does not care about staff
Lots of work for what you get paid, Managenment has no idea what they are doing. If you happen to get a manager or supervisor position - long hours and lots of work.
Friendly
Telehealth Associate, 811 NS, Burnside (Current Employee), Burnside, NSJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: easy to do
Cons: 24 hours, no chance for advancement
The job is simple! Answer the phone create charts for callers, forward the info to the nurse! Process out bound calls for surveys.
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Cons: very busy schedule
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
it's a job.
Analyst (Current Employee), richmond bc.November 21, 2012
Pros: benefits ok.
Cons: meh pay, no advancement, clique culture
hard to move anywhere, unless you are in the "old boys club".

boring work, may team members over educated for their positions.
I had the best time when I worked at McKesson.
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 29, 2012
McKesson was one of the best jobs I've ever had. The people I worked with were great and the environment was awesome!!
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits, stability
Cons: upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash".
Great systems and a wonderful culture.
Supervisor Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2012
The McKesson iCare principles should be adopted by all companies and employees. They encoourage everything to be done from a base of RESPECT. I miss that since I have come to a different company. McKesson is a leader in it's foeld in so many ways.
Good Employer
Lead Hand (Former Employee), HalifaxMarch 26, 2012
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: sometimes there was too much mandatory overtime
I enjoyed working for McKesson for 28 years and lost my job due to
a plant closure.I am now looking forward to moving on and seeing
what other challenges are out there.
Envirronement de travail dynamique et agréable
Commis Contrôle, comptes fournisseur (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Formation continu prise en charge par l'entreprise
Cons: prime d'assurance collective dispendieuse
Je travaille présentement dans un environnement dynamique, qui nécessite beaucoup d'interactions avec des partenaires externes, de même que des clients internes. Les tâches qui incombent à mon poste, me permettent d'avoir une vue d'ensemble sur tout le cycle des payables.

J'ai d'excellents rapports avec mes collaborateurs de qui j'apprend un peu plus à chaque jour en plus d'échanges mutuels constructifs.

Bien que mon travail nécessite le respect d'échéances et fait appel à beaucoup de concentration, il est néanmoins stimulant, me permettant d'être plus méthodique et renforçant ainsi mon sentiment d'accomplissement.
Riche expérience
Superviseur des opérations (Former Employee), MontréalJanuary 14, 2015
bonne expérience, c'est une entreprise qui favorise le développement personnel.
Corporation incroyable
Clinic Optimization Manager (Former Employee), montréalSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: culture d'entreprise
Cons: gestion lourde
McKesson représente un bel endroit pour occuper un emploi.
Environnement dynamique
QC (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 22, 2013
C'est un centre distribution qui a bien réalisé son remaniement interne pour améliorer l'efficacité du centre de distribution.
production
préposée aux commandes (Former Employee), entrepôtNovember 5, 2013
travail d'équipe, vitesse j'ai eu à faire différents postes de travail, préparer des commandes, travailler sur ordinateur, m'occuper des bris au service des retours, préparer des rx de 2e livraison.... emballage, inventaire, classement, etc.... je suis devenue très polyvalente au sein de l'équipe....je suis débrouillarde et prends des initiatives, j'aime apprendre, utiliser un ordinateur, lire et écrire.. je m'intéresse à l'esprit d'équipe et j'ai beaucoup d'entregens...
Aspect général
Commis aux commandes (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2012
Pros: la polyvalence
Cons: aucune opportunité d'avancement ainsi qu'un horaire de soir difficile avec des enfants.
Cette entreprise m'a donné l' opportunité de pouvoir travailler à plusieurs secteurs de la compagnie ce qui m'a permis de parfaire mes acquis dans le domaine pharmaceutique et une polyvalence en générale.