McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, team based, nasty co-workers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Its a good company to work for. My work place had nasty co-workers that got under my skin. Team work was bad because. Its too bad people have to spoil a good work place. Robots are replacing the workers now.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
nasty co-workers
Bad company culture, tough management, performance doesn't matter
IT team (Former Employee) –  Saint-LaurentNovember 13, 2013
the worst ever team you can get, non-professionalism and vanity dominate, encouraged at all management levels.
HR is just a puppet
Anybody can harass you (despite their funny ICARE principles)- at the end you're free to leave the company

All you have to do is to make sure you don't disturb upper management - then you have a long life to live at Mckesson
Pros
fancy working place, good technology
Cons
non-competitive working environment, mediocrity encouraged
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbOctober 15, 2013
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
Pros
monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons
this is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
Great Company and very supportive. Great Salary and benefits.
Manager Nurse Call Center (Former Employee) –  North Bay, OntarioOctober 2, 2013
a very challenging experience opening this new nurse call center.
Hours were very long initially and support from management which was in the US was exceptional.
All the experience here was enjoyable from getting the location, furnishing it, to hiring all the nursing and IT staff.
This was a contract position and the most difficult part was ending the contract. The company was terrific and more than generous when it ended. I would recommend this for this company if you have the opportunity.
Pros
exceptional management support
Cons
expectations for performance can sometimes come at the expense of family life.
unloading trucks and sorting boxes
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2013
. My typical day at work is slow, the receiver got to scan every box one by one with its scanner and put a label on it and place it on a pallet afterwards.

. I didn't learn anything new. What I am doing now is basically the same of what I did in the past ware housing jobs.

. The management at the work place is not good at all. They receive more then they can handle in a 8 hour shift. There is always a day or two of work that they get on one day. The company should hire more receivers to get the work done more faster.

.For the co-workers, they only care about themselves and not the lumbers (helpers) that help them to unload trucks. sometimes the co-workers take over an hour to do a pallet, they start doing it and they do something else for a whiles and come back to it.

. The hardest part of the job is sometimes patience for when the receiver is not there. I can not get the job done without the receiver.

.The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is only one or a few orders on a pallet. It gets done very fast.
Pros
free lunch every now and then, done work early on some days
Cons
the reciever goes away, i can not get the work done. messy outside the building, slow paste
Workign at Mckesson
Pharmacy Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Monitor Calls and Resolve pharmacy issues

Every day we follow the same routine. Answer calls resolve calls in first priority. Follow ups with vendor. New network setup for new stores.New upgrades.

Very pacefull and friendly environment.
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not challenging
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
Pros
allows you to get corporate experience
Cons
basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Pros
flex hours
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Pros
icare program
Cons
management, circus environment, revolving door
Worst company
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 26, 2013
this is the most worst company i have work. If you are not from medical background doing admin job you will feel not worth it.
Pros
management
Cons
pay was ok
Would never work there again
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  edmonton, albertaJanuary 10, 2013
Lots of work for what you get paid, Managenment has no idea what they are doing. If you happen to get a manager or supervisor position - long hours and lots of work.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
managenment does not care about staff
Friendly
Telehealth Associate, 811 NS, Burnside (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NSJanuary 10, 2013
The job is simple! Answer the phone create charts for callers, forward the info to the nurse! Process out bound calls for surveys.
Pros
easy to do
Cons
24 hours, no chance for advancement
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
Pros
flex hours
Cons
very busy schedule
it's a job.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  richmond bc.November 21, 2012
hard to move anywhere, unless you are in the "old boys club".

boring work, may team members over educated for their positions.
Pros
benefits ok.
Cons
meh pay, no advancement, clique culture
I had the best time when I worked at McKesson.
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 29, 2012
McKesson was one of the best jobs I've ever had. The people I worked with were great and the environment was awesome!!
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash".
Pros
good pay and benefits, stability
Cons
upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
Great systems and a wonderful culture.
Supervisor Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2012
The McKesson iCare principles should be adopted by all companies and employees. They encoourage everything to be done from a base of RESPECT. I miss that since I have come to a different company. McKesson is a leader in it's foeld in so many ways.
Good Employer
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  HalifaxMarch 26, 2012
I enjoyed working for McKesson for 28 years and lost my job due to
a plant closure.I am now looking forward to moving on and seeing
what other challenges are out there.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
sometimes there was too much mandatory overtime