McKesson Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  chatham on24 April 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. There is always something to do. I have learned how to use a new computer system that is unique to McKesson. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is all the lifting of boxes, some are fairly heavy. Interacting with my coworkers and working as a team.
Fast pace, productive, friendly, courteous, excellent benefits & wages,
Case label person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2015
-A typical day consisted of replenishing, put away of products, inventory adjustments, assisting in shipping or receiving & order filling.
The educational tools that were provided allowed me to prosper within the company.
-Management is very driven oriented in obtaining results.
-A team player environment was demonstrated amongst most of my co-workers,
-The hardest part was making sure everyone's needs were attainable. (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
-The most enjoyable part was I always knew that when I went into work it was because wanted to be part of the work environment.
Pros
Recognition for your work
Cons
plant closure
Productive in Health Care
Inventory Control Clerk/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2015
It's main focus is customer needs and priority. As an employee of a distribution company I have become more aware of the different process and levels to maintain customer satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches
great palce
Bilingual Health Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON20 March 2015
-Great place to work
-fun and productive co workers
-excellent managers
-a lot of training offered
-great benefits
-gets redundant at times
Was a promising company - future is uncertain
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary11 March 2015
I have an administrative position with McKesson. In general I love my job and my coworkers. But unfortunately this company seems to have run into some tough times. Things are changing for the worst, corners are being cut to reduce costs but yet it seems not to be in the necessary places. There is a huge disconnect between head office and the rest of the company. Benefits have been reduced. Positions are being eliminated. I have seen people who have worked for McKesson for over 20 years being let go with no warning, simply because they can hire someone younger and cheaper to replace them. I find it shameful. I had hoped that McKesson would be a long term career for me, but given the outlook of their future, even if my job is not cut, I question if this is the company I want to work for.
Pros
benefits, vacation, flexible hours, casual office environment
Cons
job future is uncertain, can be stressful, lack of communication in some areas
company
Dock Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga6 March 2015
enjoyed working with company. excellent group of people to work.
wish them all the best.

all the best to all my co- worker and managers.
Terrible company with no positive things about environment. Not a safe position there.
McKesson Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2015
Terrible place to work in Calgary. Unprofessional team. Many problems with how things are done. They talk about team but it is a team that everyone gangs up. Can't trust people there and management is all hypocrites as they bring people down. Pay is terrible and they want you to be happy that you got less than a 1% raise. Benefits keep changing for the worse. No security in the job as company is losing money and they have fired people and not stopping. They want you to work more or harder as they think that will fix all the problems that they have, to many problems that do not get fixed.
Pros
Gave you a free chicken dinner.
Cons
Have to watch what you do and wonder who will be let go next, They only bring friends in to work there for their spys.
Very well organized
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2015
good pay. lots of nice people. the job is stressful but you get paid amazing.if you are admin its all good you will love it. If MLA try to get a job at the hospital or DSC stay away from PSC locations.
Pros
good pay and vacation ++++
Cons
stressful depending on the department
Does not afford a work/life balance environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
The company is very tight in schedule. Does not afford a work/life balance environment. Management is good although remote as Head office is in Montreal.
Great employee environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON8 January 2015
Loved picking with everyone in a safe fun environment.
Hard long hours but the music made it durable.
Learned how to work as a team with different people of different age groups.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Long Graveyard Shifts
McKesson is a good place to work,
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2014
when I worked on nights I filled orders all night. I enjoyed it because I found it interesting and it kept you busy. I worked on nights for 21 years. found my coworkers to be cooperative and kind to me. Management knew they could count on me to get things done.
customer service
Sales Representative (B2B) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2014
Recieced the position wheb i felt everything was going wrong for me then i informed my supervisor that i was expexting was expecting and was told the very next morning through email that I was being let go. This was at the Mississauga office.
Pros
hours
Cons
not too welcoming for newcomers
Fast paced envirionment but a great place to work
Receptionist/Customer Service clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 October 2014
Customer Service focused.
Operated switchboard transferring all incoming calls to the appropriate department. Support to Customer Service department as needed. Other duties as assigned
Pros
Wholesale price on some front shop products.
Cons
Location became and issue when I relocate to Orangeville, Ontario
Big name in Pharmaceutical chain
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 October 2014
Mckesson is a establish company in Pharmaceutical chain. I was working PTS (Pharmacy Technology Solution). It's good company but the technology they are using for software developer is now very old in the market.
order picker and quality compliance
warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Missisuaga ont10 October 2014
It was difficult to work with Quality and compliance in fast pess
environment.I learn how to balance speed of work with quality and compliance. Management energetic . co workers are very cooperative and dedicated with company.All day standing
for work . learning part was enjpoyable.
Enjoyable with great co-workers always working as a team.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2014
I performed warehouse tasks such as unloading, picking and storing a wide variety of company materials and supplies.
I ensured all inventory items were properly labelled, stored and readily accessible.
I have learned shipping and receiving procedures.
The hardest part of the job was working in the dust while picking and storing supplies. The most enjoyable part was working with a great energetic team that always worked together and helped each other.
Pros
Flexible hours and shifts
Cons
Dust in the warehouse
Nice location
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ville Saint Laurent20 September 2014
a nice mid sized company with an overall good working environment and a real sense of inclusion.
Great in many ways
Cherry Picker (Current Employee) –  Bramton, ON17 September 2014
I am very thankful to work with Mckesson Canada,of giving me the opportunity to work with them.
Wonderful Place to Work
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2014
The pay is competitive and employees are treated very well by the company. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
Staff Discount, Raffles for event tickets, Great hours.
Elitists protecting the elite
Directeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2014
Elitist attitude; directors and VP's in a cloud. Top heavy and it's going to flip soon. Business model no longer working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval