McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

unloading trucks and sorting boxes
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2013
. My typical day at work is slow, the receiver got to scan every box one by one with its scanner and put a label on it and place it on a pallet afterwards.

. I didn't learn anything new. What I am doing now is basically the same of what I did in the past ware housing jobs.

. The management at the work place is not good at all. They receive more then they can handle in a 8 hour shift. There is always a day or two of work that they get on one day. The company should hire more receivers to get the work done more faster.

.For the co-workers, they only care about themselves and not the lumbers (helpers) that help them to unload trucks. sometimes the co-workers take over an hour to do a pallet, they start doing it and they do something else for a whiles and come back to it.

. The hardest part of the job is sometimes patience for when the receiver is not there. I can not get the job done without the receiver.

.The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is only one or a few orders on a pallet. It gets done very fast.
Pros
free lunch every now and then, done work early on some days
Cons
the reciever goes away, i can not get the work done. messy outside the building, slow paste
Workign at Mckesson
Pharmacy Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Monitor Calls and Resolve pharmacy issues

Every day we follow the same routine. Answer calls resolve calls in first priority. Follow ups with vendor. New network setup for new stores.New upgrades.

Very pacefull and friendly environment.
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not challenging
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
Pros
allows you to get corporate experience
Cons
basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Pros
flex hours
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Pros
icare program
Cons
management, circus environment, revolving door
Worst company
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 26, 2013
this is the most worst company i have work. If you are not from medical background doing admin job you will feel not worth it.
Pros
management
Cons
pay was ok
Would never work there again
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  edmonton, albertaJanuary 10, 2013
Lots of work for what you get paid, Managenment has no idea what they are doing. If you happen to get a manager or supervisor position - long hours and lots of work.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
managenment does not care about staff
Friendly
Telehealth Associate, 811 NS, Burnside (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NSJanuary 10, 2013
The job is simple! Answer the phone create charts for callers, forward the info to the nurse! Process out bound calls for surveys.
Pros
easy to do
Cons
24 hours, no chance for advancement
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
Pros
flex hours
Cons
very busy schedule
it's a job.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  richmond bc.November 21, 2012
hard to move anywhere, unless you are in the "old boys club".

boring work, may team members over educated for their positions.
Pros
benefits ok.
Cons
meh pay, no advancement, clique culture
I had the best time when I worked at McKesson.
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 29, 2012
McKesson was one of the best jobs I've ever had. The people I worked with were great and the environment was awesome!!
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash".
Pros
good pay and benefits, stability
Cons
upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
Great systems and a wonderful culture.
Supervisor Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2012
The McKesson iCare principles should be adopted by all companies and employees. They encoourage everything to be done from a base of RESPECT. I miss that since I have come to a different company. McKesson is a leader in it's foeld in so many ways.
Good Employer
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  HalifaxMarch 26, 2012
I enjoyed working for McKesson for 28 years and lost my job due to
a plant closure.I am now looking forward to moving on and seeing
what other challenges are out there.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
sometimes there was too much mandatory overtime
Envirronement de travail dynamique et agréable
Commis Contrôle, comptes fournisseur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 2, 2016
Je travaille présentement dans un environnement dynamique, qui nécessite beaucoup d'interactions avec des partenaires externes, de même que des clients internes. Les tâches qui incombent à mon poste, me permettent d'avoir une vue d'ensemble sur tout le cycle des payables.

J'ai d'excellents rapports avec mes collaborateurs de qui j'apprend un peu plus à chaque jour en plus d'échanges mutuels constructifs.

Bien que mon travail nécessite le respect d'échéances et fait appel à beaucoup de concentration, il est néanmoins stimulant, me permettant d'être plus méthodique et renforçant ainsi mon sentiment d'accomplissement.
Pros
Formation continu prise en charge par l'entreprise
Cons
prime d'assurance collective dispendieuse
Riche expérience
Superviseur des opérations (Former Employee) –  MontréalJanuary 14, 2015
bonne expérience, c'est une entreprise qui favorise le développement personnel.
Corporation incroyable
Clinic Optimization Manager (Former Employee) –  montréalSeptember 30, 2014
McKesson représente un bel endroit pour occuper un emploi.
Pros
culture d'entreprise
Cons
gestion lourde
Environnement dynamique
QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 22, 2013
C'est un centre distribution qui a bien réalisé son remaniement interne pour améliorer l'efficacité du centre de distribution.