McKesson Employee Reviews

Fast pace, productive, friendly, courteous, excellent benefits & wages,
Case label person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2015
-A typical day consisted of replenishing, put away of products, inventory adjustments, assisting in shipping or receiving & order filling.
The educational tools that were provided allowed me to prosper within the company.
-Management is very driven oriented in obtaining results.
-A team player environment was demonstrated amongst most of my co-workers,
-The hardest part was making sure everyone's needs were attainable. (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
-The most enjoyable part was I always knew that when I went into work it was because wanted to be part of the work environment.
Pros
Recognition for your work
Cons
plant closure
Terrible company with no positive things about environment. Not a safe position there.
McKesson Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2015
Terrible place to work in Calgary. Unprofessional team. Many problems with how things are done. They talk about team but it is a team that everyone gangs up. Can't trust people there and management is all hypocrites as they bring people down. Pay is terrible and they want you to be happy that you got less than a 1% raise. Benefits keep changing for the worse. No security in the job as company is losing money and they have fired people and not stopping. They want you to work more or harder as they think that will fix all the problems that they have, to many problems that do not get fixed.
Pros
Gave you a free chicken dinner.
Cons
Have to watch what you do and wonder who will be let go next, They only bring friends in to work there for their spys.
Enjoyable with great co-workers always working as a team.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2014
I performed warehouse tasks such as unloading, picking and storing a wide variety of company materials and supplies.
I ensured all inventory items were properly labelled, stored and readily accessible.
I have learned shipping and receiving procedures.
The hardest part of the job was working in the dust while picking and storing supplies. The most enjoyable part was working with a great energetic team that always worked together and helped each other.
Pros
Flexible hours and shifts
Cons
Dust in the warehouse
cover for other peoples mistakes, help customers get their product
Warehouse service (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 April 2014
Not a great place to work. job was easy, top guns took advantage of the people who wanted to be there. No recognition, lots of people talking about each other. Talk about respect but did not happen. Spoke to others in other roles and felt the same. stay away and company firing and laying people offright now and more to come. not secure. too bad as when was hired it was good place so we thught
Pros
parking
Cons
no respect, management was bad, no security
Cultivating environment, Ability to adapt to change, Motivate team
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario27 March 2014
Main role is to build programs for stores, build flyers, proof flyers, negotiate vendor contracts for 2014. Build seasonal programs, recruit vendors to attend annual trade show.

Coordinate with Marketing department 'new' concepts for flyers, seasonal merchandising tools for stores.

Most difficult part of job is to build programs for Franchisees, always have to keep in mind total investment needed per store, ensure assortment includes key sales drivers.

Most enjoyable job is meeting with vendors to build programs, look at new products, niche items in the market.
Pros
Lunch and Learn sessions
Cons
Poor computer system, no POS sales
Great place to work. Location too far.
Infusion Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2014
Fast paced environment. Learned about the medical field of infusions and improved my customer service skills. Great team of management, very supportive. Co-workers always supported each other and worked as a team. The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was helping and dealing with the patients. I also enjoyed the the team effort of my co-workers.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
Cons
Company is moving and location is too far to commute to.
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab15 October 2013
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
Pros
Monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons
This is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2013
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
Pros
flex hours
Cons
very busy schedule
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, Qc29 May 2013
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Pros
Flex Hours
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec5 June 2013
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
Pros
allows you to get corporate experience
Cons
basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
Great Company and very supportive. Great Salary and benefits.
Manager Nurse Call Center (Former Employee) –  North Bay, Ontario2 October 2013
a very challenging experience opening this new nurse call center.
Hours were very long initially and support from management which was in the US was exceptional.
All the experience here was enjoyable from getting the location, furnishing it, to hiring all the nursing and IT staff.
This was a contract position and the most difficult part was ending the contract. The company was terrific and more than generous when it ended. I would recommend this for this company if you have the opportunity.
Pros
Exceptional management support
Cons
Expectations for performance can sometimes come at the expense of family life.
Bad company culture, tough management, performance doesn't matter
IT team (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent13 November 2013
the worst ever team you can get, non-professionalism and vanity dominate, encouraged at all management levels.
HR is just a puppet
Anybody can harass you (despite their funny ICARE principles)- at the end you're free to leave the company

All you have to do is to make sure you don't disturb upper management - then you have a long life to live at Mckesson
Pros
fancy working place, good technology
Cons
non-competitive working environment, mediocrity encouraged
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 August 2013
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not challenging
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO23 April 2012
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash".
Pros
good pay and benefits, stability
Cons
upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
Fun work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  chatham on24 April 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. There is always something to do. I have learned how to use a new computer system that is unique to McKesson. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is all the lifting of boxes, some are fairly heavy. Interacting with my coworkers and working as a team.
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2013
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Pros
ICare Program
Cons
Management, circus environment, revolving door
Fast paced envirionment but a great place to work
Receptionist/Customer Service clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 October 2014
Customer Service focused.
Operated switchboard transferring all incoming calls to the appropriate department. Support to Customer Service department as needed. Other duties as assigned
Pros
Wholesale price on some front shop products.
Cons
Location became and issue when I relocate to Orangeville, Ontario
order picker and quality compliance
warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Missisuaga ont10 October 2014
It was difficult to work with Quality and compliance in fast pess
environment.I learn how to balance speed of work with quality and compliance. Management energetic . co workers are very cooperative and dedicated with company.All day standing
for work . learning part was enjpoyable.
Was a promising company - future is uncertain
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary11 March 2015
I have an administrative position with McKesson. In general I love my job and my coworkers. But unfortunately this company seems to have run into some tough times. Things are changing for the worst, corners are being cut to reduce costs but yet it seems not to be in the necessary places. There is a huge disconnect between head office and the rest of the company. Benefits have been reduced. Positions are being eliminated. I have seen people who have worked for McKesson for over 20 years being let go with no warning, simply because they can hire someone younger and cheaper to replace them. I find it shameful. I had hoped that McKesson would be a long term career for me, but given the outlook of their future, even if my job is not cut, I question if this is the company I want to work for.
Pros
benefits, vacation, flexible hours, casual office environment
Cons
job future is uncertain, can be stressful, lack of communication in some areas
customer service
Sales Representative (B2B) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2014
Recieced the position wheb i felt everything was going wrong for me then i informed my supervisor that i was expexting was expecting and was told the very next morning through email that I was being let go. This was at the Mississauga office.
Pros
hours
Cons
not too welcoming for newcomers