McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

Does not afford a work/life balance environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
The company is very tight in schedule. Does not afford a work/life balance environment. Management is good although remote as Head office is in Montreal.
Great place to work. Location too far.
Infusion Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Fast paced environment. Learned about the medical field of infusions and improved my customer service skills. Great team of management, very supportive. Co-workers always supported each other and worked as a team. The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was helping and dealing with the patients. I also enjoyed the the team effort of my co-workers.
Pros
great environment to work in.
Cons
company is moving and location is too far to commute to.
Bad company culture, tough management, performance doesn't matter
IT team (Former Employee) –  Saint-LaurentNovember 13, 2013
the worst ever team you can get, non-professionalism and vanity dominate, encouraged at all management levels.
HR is just a puppet
Anybody can harass you (despite their funny ICARE principles)- at the end you're free to leave the company

All you have to do is to make sure you don't disturb upper management - then you have a long life to live at Mckesson
Pros
fancy working place, good technology
Cons
non-competitive working environment, mediocrity encouraged
McKesson is a good place to work,
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2014
when I worked on nights I filled orders all night. I enjoyed it because I found it interesting and it kept you busy. I worked on nights for 21 years. found my coworkers to be cooperative and kind to me. Management knew they could count on me to get things done.
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbOctober 15, 2013
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
Pros
monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons
this is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
Great Company and very supportive. Great Salary and benefits.
Manager Nurse Call Center (Former Employee) –  North Bay, OntarioOctober 2, 2013
a very challenging experience opening this new nurse call center.
Hours were very long initially and support from management which was in the US was exceptional.
All the experience here was enjoyable from getting the location, furnishing it, to hiring all the nursing and IT staff.
This was a contract position and the most difficult part was ending the contract. The company was terrific and more than generous when it ended. I would recommend this for this company if you have the opportunity.
Pros
exceptional management support
Cons
expectations for performance can sometimes come at the expense of family life.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
Pros
allows you to get corporate experience
Cons
basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not challenging
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Pros
flex hours
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
Pros
flex hours
Cons
very busy schedule
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash".
Pros
good pay and benefits, stability
Cons
upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Pros
icare program
Cons
management, circus environment, revolving door
Big name in Pharmaceutical chain
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 20, 2014
Mckesson is a establish company in Pharmaceutical chain. I was working PTS (Pharmacy Technology Solution). It's good company but the technology they are using for software developer is now very old in the market.
company
Dock Stocker (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 6, 2015
enjoyed working with company. excellent group of people to work.
wish them all the best.

all the best to all my co- worker and managers.
Great systems and a wonderful culture.
Supervisor Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2012
The McKesson iCare principles should be adopted by all companies and employees. They encoourage everything to be done from a base of RESPECT. I miss that since I have come to a different company. McKesson is a leader in it's foeld in so many ways.
Workign at Mckesson
Pharmacy Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Monitor Calls and Resolve pharmacy issues

Every day we follow the same routine. Answer calls resolve calls in first priority. Follow ups with vendor. New network setup for new stores.New upgrades.

Very pacefull and friendly environment.
About McKesson
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee) –  MontrealNovember 7, 2015
For over 100 years, McKesson Canada has been the logistics and distribution leader in the Canadian healthcare sector. We connect manufacturers and pharmacies with the very best supply solutions to ensure that branded, generic and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and products reach our pharmacy clients and their patients.

The Canadian healthcare sector has grown tremendously in 100 years and so has McKesson Canada. We offer a complete range of products and solutions, including integrated technology and information solutions to assist industry professionals who are concerned with safety, efficiency and having immediate access to key information. Some of these solutions include automation products and information solutions.

McKesson Canada also responds to the unique challenges of health practitioners and providers with clinical and business solutions such as clinical and administrative software applications and decision support tools to further improve their efficiency and patient care. With more and more patients living in the community setting and playing a more active role in their own care, McKesson Canada is also proud to offer community solutions that include call center technology, disease and case management services, on-demand health management solutions and nurse triage services.

Another priority at McKesson Canada is our commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of people through our corporate citizenship activities. We encourage and support our employees who donate their time or make financial contributions to our communities or to charitable
  more... organizations. We are very proud of the active and responsible role that we play as partners in the communities in which we operate and where our suppliers, customers and employees live and work.  less
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 7, 2014
I worked at McKesson Medical Imaging for 10 years but unfortunately the company is experiencing some financial difficulties and needed to reduce the workforce so they did a lay off.
Pros
workplace balance benefit
Cons
stressful situations sometimes
Productive, team based, nasty co-workers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Its a good company to work for. My work place had nasty co-workers that got under my skin. Team work was bad because. Its too bad people have to spoil a good work place. Robots are replacing the workers now.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
nasty co-workers
Good Employer
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  HalifaxMarch 26, 2012
I enjoyed working for McKesson for 28 years and lost my job due to
a plant closure.I am now looking forward to moving on and seeing
what other challenges are out there.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
sometimes there was too much mandatory overtime