McKesson

McKesson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Shared services
Business Performance Manager, General Accounting (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: low pay, no growth
lack of growth opportunities, leadership doesnt value internal promotion, nepotism.
Productive workplace
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 14, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunch schedule
Cons: nothing comes to mind
Typical work environment, shipping, receiving, returns, clean up procedures to adhere to daily.
It's was a good experience overall
REINBURSEMENT SPECIALIST, KFORCE (Former Employee), Golden Valley MNDecember 12, 2014
Worked there as a contractor. Was promised to get hired directly, however they gave me a one weeks notice that my contract will end. Was jobless and sent away without a reason. Management could use more work.
Excellent place to work for.
CSR Data Rep (Former Employee), Salem, NCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: was our pto and sick and vaction time 21 days from the start
Cons: and company gave 11 paid holidays in addition to above stated
Over all it was a billing company to obtain clients for us to so all aspects of their billing. We lost a major client which was Tenet, which cause 70% OFF us to be laid off. Over 20 years of medical billing / collection and teaching I ever experience so much tasking back in forth to practices. I have always been one to handle encounters to the end. – more... But with having to wait for permission to write off or adjust of balance according to what the EOB would state you still needed permission to do task that I was well aware what needed to be done even as far as coding.. We had procedures that were implemented and enforced to follow. – less
strong sense of teamwork. competitive pay. diverse work, learned a lot. took these lessons forward with me in life
temp (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2014
Good place to work if you get in the right department
AP Audit and Controls (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: management
McKesson was a good place to work, they paid well and had decent benefits. You could learn a lot and move to different departments. Management could have been much better but as long as you were a favorite, you had no problems.
C
ORDER SELECTOR - MANUFACTURING (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 7, 2014
Pros: company pension
Cons: no union representation...job security is ?
I ENJOYED WORKING AT MCKESSON. I PULLED ORDERS AND
OPERATED FORKLIFT.

I DIDN'T FIND THE JOB TO BE VERY HARD.
Relaxing work environment
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2014
Call center
great benefits
Management cares about the employees
Decent pay.

Would work there again.
Enjoyed the experience
Easy commute and parking
I liked the supervisors
One hur lunch break with available food choices
Consultants Perspective
Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2014
Pros: culture, people, location
Cons: advancement, compensation, employee retention
Working with the Corporate Litigation Department I came to make many personal friends. While I was dedicated to my tasks helping build an eDiscovery Program and deplohing an EDRM suite I saw many talented individuals leave McKesson due to lack of advancement and compensation. I really love McKesson and its people and culture it just needs some overhauling – more... as it relates to employee retention. – less
temps
Material handler (Current Employee), Fullerton, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay, no life
twelve hour shifts
Monday threw Saturday/Sunday
if your not good friends or family with management it will be hard to move up the ladder
It's who you know not what you know!!!
Material Handler (Former Employee), RegionalDecember 2, 2014
Depends on which region you work in and this means you can't grow unless you are apart of the club.
Review
Service First Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 25, 2014
This company is overall a great company to work for. Just a few management adjustments needs to be made
Decent workplace
Customer Service / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Somerset, NJNovember 23, 2014
Pros: dedicated staff
Cons: poor description of security
I was only here for a very short time, but I wanted to stay longer. Management was just that, I respect the levels in companies. I like the idea of co-workers, co-working. A supporting staff is very necessary for a company to prosper.
Okay Job. Could be better but it's buisness as usual.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Tolleson, ArizonaNovember 23, 2014
Pros: some people. exercise. free lunches every now and then.
Cons: cheap on many levels.
The job is fairly easy and the the pay is so-so.
Management is friendly enough but you can tell they're shady.(deceptive) They'll do everything they can to cut corners when money is concerned.

Overtime? forget about it

Something broken? we'll get to it when they get to it

Hard working employee? here's your .35 cents for your six month review(despite – more... saying they give you .50 cents)

Standards for your area seem off? Don't worry about it guy.

They're a cheap billion dollar company but hey, at least they're nice about it! – less
MH1 Winchester, VA
MH1 (Current Employee), Winchester, VaNovember 22, 2014
Supervisors are not grade A... They are never on the floor, always in their office, show favoritism, some smell like alcohol at the start of the shift when he is there), and never followup up you. There is NO work life balance, no floor presence from managers and show favorites with their supervisors. JOKE....
Material Handler
Material Handler (Current Employee), Livonia, MINovember 22, 2014
A great growing company to work for, some overtime, a lot of walking lifting and bending.
Not something I would do again
Order Filler (Former Employee), Onalaska, WINovember 22, 2014
While some people enjoy the factory surroundings, I am not one of them. I was never happy at this company. It's very hard work and I don't feel the employees are paid for what they do. You are expected to meet a rate, which is understandable, but sometimes just not possible. They also seem like they favor people, making it hard for others that deserve – more... promotion, unable to do so. – less
So So
Senior Security Architect (Current Employee), San FranciscoNovember 21, 2014
A large company that is slow moving with new technologies, even with smaller business units they are slow to adopt cost saving technologies and adapt to new security threats.
Fast paced work place ,
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), LaVergne Tn 37167November 19, 2014
Pros: helping sick people get the medications that they needed
Cons: poor management
was a fast paced pharmaceutical warehouse that schedule changed depending on demand of medications. Management did not watch over people very well and people would take advantage of that. Which in return made everyone else have to work longer than needed.
Great for a second income job
Senior Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Peoria, ILNovember 18, 2014
If you like coming in and doing your work while at work and then leaving it at work and going home, then this job is great. This is a billing office where you can do just that and never think about your work while at home. The draw back is management tends to treat you like an idiot and incapable of doing your job. If you can stay out of management's – more... way then this job is pretty great. The benefits are great and the pay is average for area given the work. – less

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Photos