McKesson

McKesson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Opportunity to experience healthcare through technology solutions
Human Resources (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: collaborative environment - great people to work with
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited
Great place to learn and have a direct impact on healthcare in america. Opportunities for advancement can be challenging for some.
small office but very efficient.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: flex time, good hours and great pees to work with
Cons: cranky customers somedays.
This is a very small office but it ran efficiently. It was a tightly ran office due the fact everyone was crossed trained to assist in other areas. I enjoyed being knowledgeable about the whole business not just my part of what business I handled for them.
Truly a rewarding career step
Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee), RemoteOctober 15, 2014
Pros: loved every opportunity
Cons: my time was too short
Met some of the best people on my path to success here. Had wonderful mentors and upgraded my skills.

McKesson gave me every tool I needed to make capital investments in my professional growth and I will be forever grateful.
Fun, culture of succession from within, supports higher education as top priority
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: team work, rewards and recognition, solid history of growth, longevity
Typical work day is filled with challenges that excite the mind. Employees do not work in pockets but as one unit. The culture is indicative of the leadership. Top leaders view all employees as equals and has a true open door policy. Rewards and Recognition at McKesson is second to none. McKesson has set the standard for how organizations should show – more... appreciation for their most precious asset, employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people with whom I worked.

The hardest part of the job was leaving.

During my time at McKesson I learned the meaning of team work. Often the phrase is uttered but seldom practiced. In no other company have I ever experience working with people that were not working to get the glory but to service the client first. – less
It was a diversity job and we all got along . We were sad when the job ended
Accounts Receivable & CSR (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: if someone was out we had to do their work
On a daily basis we input the the patients diagnose code into the data base , it was nothing different every day it was the same . but it was a challenge to see who did the most at the end of the day . We all went out to lunch together and just got along .
Very nice place to work
Order Filler (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: have to work all holidays
Wonderful place to work, overtime, advancement opportunities.
Love health benefits
Maintenance Associate/ Material Handler (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: some lazy bosses n coworkers
I love the health benefits, they really look out for their employees in that regard,it was an alright place to work,some bosses r nice n some aren't ,if u over meet ur production quota u get bonuses,
Management could be better
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2014
People who join this company tend to be there for the majority of their careers. Culturally, this company is a bit behind other Silicon Valley companies. Management within the IT department is sub par.
comfort work ambience with my own desk.
Utilization Manager (Current Employee), san juan, PROctober 9, 2014
Pros: famili health care plan
Precertification's of studies and procedures. Clinical information evaluation.
Great experience with great management and benefits
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: occasional work/life balance
I got a chance to work at McKesson for a total of 4 years. Overall the management there was very good and the company offered good benefits.
Cut throat environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEOctober 8, 2014
Due to the large majority of senior management having worked their way up in the particular office, it is very hard for an outsider with outside management experience to be respected. While I respect this company as a whole, the Lewiston office provides a somewhat hostile work environment.
Hard, honest work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Methuen, MAOctober 8, 2014
Everyday you know you're going to have a lot of work to do, but it's nice to know your final product goes to helping someone in need
Great place to work in office and from home
Telehealth RN (Former Employee), Palatine, ILOctober 7, 2014
Outbound calls made daily to members to provide health information to aid in management of health conditions. Learned necessary steps to complete comprehensive assessments and greatly improved my listening skills. Enjoyed teaching and reinforcing healthy lifestyle behaviors, especially with weight management. Worked with many wonderful, competent nurses.
Contracted employee
Account Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: food was great in cafeteria
Cons: temp agency i went thru was unprofessional also
It was not enjoyable place especially being contract worker you don't even get invited to the holiday party the people are not friendly at all
Fast Pace cutting edge environment
Network Manager (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 7, 2014
Fast and effecient, this cutting edge company pushes for excellence. The employees are great as the company has created a transparent and cohesive environment.
Fast paced warehouse production site.
INVENTORY / OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: job was eliminated
Manage warehouse inventory.
Receiving, putaway, order filling, returns
All inventory adjustments
Product spec's
Had a great team that reported to me. Enjoyed working with all employees.
I enjoyed helping customer with inventory and operational questions.
Managed and trained supervisors on operation procedures
OK Place
Contract Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2014
Never a slow day ok company. Good people to work with. Flexible hours.
Inspiring & Productive Environment
Managed Care Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: volunteerism, heightened emphasis on employee health
Cons: commute/ opportunities for advancement
My job function is ideal for me in the fact that my department does not micromanage and allows some latitude with creativity in performing your daily functions as long as tasks are completed. This allows me to mix up my day, clients and accounts so that things are not mundane and redundant. I have a small team of peers that I work with and we function – more... in a supportive mode which is conducive to the success of the department.

The director and manager that I have are phenomenal and encouraging in all aspects of management and personal growth. They encourage continued education and promotion.

The hardest part about my job is not the job itself but the industry and economy itself that causes challenges for my clients and their satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the client with securing a complex contract or fee schedule. – less
Excellent company for a career.
Operations Management (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great management team
Solid corporation for employment. Substantial benefits; plenty of opportunity for advancement; locations throughout the United States for potential transfer; no down side to not wanting to relocate; in dealings with other associates from other divisions, and in my visits to other locations in the country, all associates professional, caring, and great – more... to deal with in a business, and personal manner. – less
Production Workers
Abstractor (Former Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: thanksgiving luncheon
Cons: good management staff
Compensation is horrible. High turnover. Inexperienced and untrained supervisors.

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Photos