McKesson Employee Reviews

If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbOctober 15, 2013
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
Pros
monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons
this is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
Great Company and very supportive. Great Salary and benefits.
Manager Nurse Call Center (Former Employee) –  North Bay, OntarioOctober 2, 2013
a very challenging experience opening this new nurse call center.
Hours were very long initially and support from management which was in the US was exceptional.
All the experience here was enjoyable from getting the location, furnishing it, to hiring all the nursing and IT staff.
This was a contract position and the most difficult part was ending the contract. The company was terrific and more than generous when it ended. I would recommend this for this company if you have the opportunity.
Pros
exceptional management support
Cons
expectations for performance can sometimes come at the expense of family life.
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
Pros
flex hours
Cons
very busy schedule
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Pros
flex hours
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
Pros
allows you to get corporate experience
Cons
basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not challenging
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash".
Pros
good pay and benefits, stability
Cons
upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Pros
icare program
Cons
management, circus environment, revolving door
Productive in Health Care
Inventory Control Clerk/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2015
It's main focus is customer needs and priority. As an employee of a distribution company I have become more aware of the different process and levels to maintain customer satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches
Very well organized
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2015
good pay. lots of nice people. the job is stressful but you get paid amazing.if you are admin its all good you will love it. If MLA try to get a job at the hospital or DSC stay away from PSC locations.
Pros
good pay and vacation ++++
Cons
stressful depending on the department
order picker and quality compliance
warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Missisuaga ontOctober 10, 2014
It was difficult to work with Quality and compliance in fast pess
environment.I learn how to balance speed of work with quality and compliance. Management energetic . co workers are very cooperative and dedicated with company.All day standing
for work . learning part was enjpoyable.
customer service
Sales Representative (B2B) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2014
Recieced the position wheb i felt everything was going wrong for me then i informed my supervisor that i was expexting was expecting and was told the very next morning through email that I was being let go. This was at the Mississauga office.
Pros
hours
Cons
not too welcoming for newcomers
McKesson is a good place to work,
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2014
when I worked on nights I filled orders all night. I enjoyed it because I found it interesting and it kept you busy. I worked on nights for 21 years. found my coworkers to be cooperative and kind to me. Management knew they could count on me to get things done.
Abc
DBA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2015
It was good working with the company, but sadly my project is up. So had to leave,but overall a great experience to work and a pleasant work environment.
Great employee environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Loved picking with everyone in a safe fun environment.
Hard long hours but the music made it durable.
Learned how to work as a team with different people of different age groups.
Pros
great management
Cons
long graveyard shifts
Great systems and a wonderful culture.
Supervisor Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2012
The McKesson iCare principles should be adopted by all companies and employees. They encoourage everything to be done from a base of RESPECT. I miss that since I have come to a different company. McKesson is a leader in it's foeld in so many ways.
Order Picking
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 28, 2015
learned to pick orders with Rf scanner.pick order route wise.Good environment.shift hours are very suitable 8;30 pm to 5;00 am
Big name in Pharmaceutical chain
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 20, 2014
Mckesson is a establish company in Pharmaceutical chain. I was working PTS (Pharmacy Technology Solution). It's good company but the technology they are using for software developer is now very old in the market.
Workign at Mckesson
Pharmacy Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Monitor Calls and Resolve pharmacy issues

Every day we follow the same routine. Answer calls resolve calls in first priority. Follow ups with vendor. New network setup for new stores.New upgrades.

Very pacefull and friendly environment.
Does not afford a work/life balance environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
The company is very tight in schedule. Does not afford a work/life balance environment. Management is good although remote as Head office is in Montreal.