McKesson Employee Reviews

Does not afford a work/life balance environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
The company is very tight in schedule. Does not afford a work/life balance environment. Management is good although remote as Head office is in Montreal.
Incredible place to work, functional and fun.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 November 2015
McKesson is one of the best places I have ever worked. The people, the atmosphere, and just overall the experience I had was great. I learned a lot about the place i was working and what we did for the community. I never thought i would like to work in a warehouse, but it was something I would not hesitate to do again.
Great place to work. Co-workers were very easy to get along with.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON8 July 2015
Laid back environment on daily basis but still were pushed to get certain jobs done in a time frame.
management was compassionate when you needed time off or needed to leave early for any reason.
Co-workers were very easy to get along with at all times, made the day go by quickly.
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab15 October 2013
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
Pros
Monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons
This is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
About McKesson
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee) –  Montreal7 November 2015
For over 100 years, McKesson Canada has been the logistics and distribution leader in the Canadian healthcare sector. We connect manufacturers and pharmacies with the very best supply solutions to ensure that branded, generic and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and products reach our pharmacy clients and their patients.

The Canadian healthcare sector has grown tremendously in 100 years and so has McKesson Canada. We offer a complete range of products and solutions, including integrated technology and information solutions to assist industry professionals who are concerned with safety, efficiency and having immediate access to key information. Some of these solutions include automation products and information solutions.

McKesson Canada also responds to the unique challenges of health practitioners and providers with clinical and business solutions such as clinical and administrative software applications and decision support tools to further improve their efficiency and patient care. With more and more patients living in the community setting and playing a more active role in their own care, McKesson Canada is also proud to offer community solutions that include call center technology, disease and case management services, on-demand health management solutions and nurse triage services.

Another priority at McKesson Canada is our commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of people through our corporate citizenship activities. We encourage and support our employees who donate their time or make financial contributions to our communities or to charitable
  more... organizations. We are very proud of the active and responsible role that we play as partners in the communities in which we operate and where our suppliers, customers and employees live and work.  less
Great place to work. Location too far.
Infusion Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2014
Fast paced environment. Learned about the medical field of infusions and improved my customer service skills. Great team of management, very supportive. Co-workers always supported each other and worked as a team. The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was helping and dealing with the patients. I also enjoyed the the team effort of my co-workers.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
Cons
Company is moving and location is too far to commute to.
cover for other peoples mistakes, help customers get their product
Warehouse service (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 April 2014
Not a great place to work. job was easy, top guns took advantage of the people who wanted to be there. No recognition, lots of people talking about each other. Talk about respect but did not happen. Spoke to others in other roles and felt the same. stay away and company firing and laying people offright now and more to come. not secure. too bad as when was hired it was good place so we thught
Pros
parking
Cons
no respect, management was bad, no security
unloading trucks and sorting boxes
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2013
. My typical day at work is slow, the receiver got to scan every box one by one with its scanner and put a label on it and place it on a pallet afterwards.

. I didn't learn anything new. What I am doing now is basically the same of what I did in the past ware housing jobs.

. The management at the work place is not good at all. They receive more then they can handle in a 8 hour shift. There is always a day or two of work that they get on one day. The company should hire more receivers to get the work done more faster.

.For the co-workers, they only care about themselves and not the lumbers (helpers) that help them to unload trucks. sometimes the co-workers take over an hour to do a pallet, they start doing it and they do something else for a whiles and come back to it.

. The hardest part of the job is sometimes patience for when the receiver is not there. I can not get the job done without the receiver.

.The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is only one or a few orders on a pallet. It gets done very fast.
Pros
free lunch every now and then, Done work early on some days
Cons
The reciever goes away, I can not get the work done. messy outside the building, slow paste
Good atmosphere and good communication with employees
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON14 September 2015
Working at McKesson has given me quite the experience for industrial work. The atmosphere is a energetic one, with team leads and supervisors that are good support if your in need of any help or questions. Working at McKesson has surprised me on the amount of teamwork.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2013
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Pros
ICare Program
Cons
Management, circus environment, revolving door
great palce
Bilingual Health Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON20 March 2015
-Great place to work
-fun and productive co workers
-excellent managers
-a lot of training offered
-great benefits
-gets redundant at times
order picker and quality compliance
warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Missisuaga ont10 October 2014
It was difficult to work with Quality and compliance in fast pess
environment.I learn how to balance speed of work with quality and compliance. Management energetic . co workers are very cooperative and dedicated with company.All day standing
for work . learning part was enjpoyable.
McKesson is a good place to work,
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2014
when I worked on nights I filled orders all night. I enjoyed it because I found it interesting and it kept you busy. I worked on nights for 21 years. found my coworkers to be cooperative and kind to me. Management knew they could count on me to get things done.
Qualify, Support, Develop, Documentation
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2015
Typical day of work :

Qualification products for company use in medical field, this includes all kinds of h/w & s/w. (workstations, server, storage, monitor, softwares -from patches, antivirus ...etc)

Create product documentation for associate to use and sometimes including for customer field use

Provide support to customer and when tier 2 escalate support ticket

Working with vendor, developer from software development team.
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 August 2013
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not challenging
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2013
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
Pros
flex hours
Cons
very busy schedule
accecpted package deal
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2015
18 Great years of experience night shift was effecting my personal life would like to start a new lifestyle working days.
Pros
Great hour wage
Cons
night shift
Cultivating environment, Ability to adapt to change, Motivate team
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario27 March 2014
Main role is to build programs for stores, build flyers, proof flyers, negotiate vendor contracts for 2014. Build seasonal programs, recruit vendors to attend annual trade show.

Coordinate with Marketing department 'new' concepts for flyers, seasonal merchandising tools for stores.

Most difficult part of job is to build programs for Franchisees, always have to keep in mind total investment needed per store, ensure assortment includes key sales drivers.

Most enjoyable job is meeting with vendors to build programs, look at new products, niche items in the market.
Pros
Lunch and Learn sessions
Cons
Poor computer system, no POS sales
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 August 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
Would never work there again
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  edmonton, alberta10 January 2013
Lots of work for what you get paid, Managenment has no idea what they are doing. If you happen to get a manager or supervisor position - long hours and lots of work.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
managenment does not care about staff