McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

Numerous opportunities within growing company
Packaging Assistant/ Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Ample opportunities for upward mobilization. Diverse and friendly staff. Steady flow of work. Leading pharmaceutical company in Canada. Very welcoming.
Good
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 9, 2016
Good place to work and lot of opportunities to learn. Very friendly environment, High professional manners and standards.
Overnight shifts and speed
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
This position was difficult to get to work for. Transportation was very limited in that area of the city which made overnight shifts very difficult. Also I never met their expectations of 180 ppm. I was only able to reach 210 ppm I believe once.
new location
Billing claims specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MnNovember 23, 2015
Mckesson is okay. The people are nice. My daily job was to make sure patient information was completed for submission by the date line. There was a lot of reconstructing, due to ICD 10 change, so a lot people were let go.

The hardest part of the job, is not know what to do.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people.
Pros
clean, nice cafe.
Cons
communication can be better
Incredible place to work, functional and fun.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 16, 2015
McKesson is one of the best places I have ever worked. The people, the atmosphere, and just overall the experience I had was great. I learned a lot about the place i was working and what we did for the community. I never thought i would like to work in a warehouse, but it was something I would not hesitate to do again.
great palce
Bilingual Health Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 20, 2015
-Great place to work
-fun and productive co workers
-excellent managers
-a lot of training offered
-great benefits
-gets redundant at times
Good atmosphere and good communication with employees
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Working at McKesson has given me quite the experience for industrial work. The atmosphere is a energetic one, with team leads and supervisors that are good support if your in need of any help or questions. Working at McKesson has surprised me on the amount of teamwork.
Pros
Good atmosphere
About McKesson
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee) –  MontrealNovember 7, 2015
For over 100 years, McKesson Canada has been the logistics and distribution leader in the Canadian healthcare sector. We connect manufacturers and pharmacies with the very best supply solutions to ensure that branded, generic and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and products reach our pharmacy clients and their patients.

The Canadian healthcare sector has grown tremendously in 100 years and so has McKesson Canada. We offer a complete range of products and solutions, including integrated technology and information solutions to assist industry professionals who are concerned with safety, efficiency and having immediate access to key information. Some of these solutions include automation products and information solutions.

McKesson Canada also responds to the unique challenges of health practitioners and providers with clinical and business solutions such as clinical and administrative software applications and decision support tools to further improve their efficiency and patient care. With more and more patients living in the community setting and playing a more active role in their own care, McKesson Canada is also proud to offer community solutions that include call center technology, disease and case management services, on-demand health management solutions and nurse triage services.

Another priority at McKesson Canada is our commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of people through our corporate citizenship activities. We encourage and support our employees who donate their time or make financial contributions to our communities or to charitable
  more... organizations. We are very proud of the active and responsible role that we play as partners in the communities in which we operate and where our suppliers, customers and employees live and work.  less
Fast pace, productive, friendly, courteous, excellent benefits & wages,
Case label person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 4, 2015
-A typical day consisted of replenishing, put away of products, inventory adjustments, assisting in shipping or receiving & order filling.
The educational tools that were provided allowed me to prosper within the company.
-Management is very driven oriented in obtaining results.
-A team player environment was demonstrated amongst most of my co-workers,
-The hardest part was making sure everyone's needs were attainable. (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
-The most enjoyable part was I always knew that when I went into work it was because wanted to be part of the work environment.
Pros
Recognition for your work
Cons
plant closure
Great place to work. Co-workers were very easy to get along with.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 8, 2015
Laid back environment on daily basis but still were pushed to get certain jobs done in a time frame.
management was compassionate when you needed time off or needed to leave early for any reason.
Co-workers were very easy to get along with at all times, made the day go by quickly.
it's a job.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  richmond bc.November 21, 2012
hard to move anywhere, unless you are in the "old boys club".

boring work, may team members over educated for their positions.
Pros
benefits ok.
Cons
meh pay, no advancement, clique culture
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
accecpted package deal
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 13, 2015
18 Great years of experience night shift was effecting my personal life would like to start a new lifestyle working days.
Pros
Great hour wage
Cons
night shift
Qualify, Support, Develop, Documentation
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2015
Typical day of work :

Qualification products for company use in medical field, this includes all kinds of h/w & s/w. (workstations, server, storage, monitor, softwares -from patches, antivirus ...etc)

Create product documentation for associate to use and sometimes including for customer field use

Provide support to customer and when tier 2 escalate support ticket

Working with vendor, developer from software development team.
Does not afford a work/life balance environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
The company is very tight in schedule. Does not afford a work/life balance environment. Management is good although remote as Head office is in Montreal.
Great employee environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Loved picking with everyone in a safe fun environment.
Hard long hours but the music made it durable.
Learned how to work as a team with different people of different age groups.
Pros
great management
Cons
long graveyard shifts
Abc
DBA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2015
It was good working with the company, but sadly my project is up. So had to leave,but overall a great experience to work and a pleasant work environment.
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbOctober 15, 2013
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
Pros
monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons
this is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
Great Company and very supportive. Great Salary and benefits.
Manager Nurse Call Center (Former Employee) –  North Bay, OntarioOctober 2, 2013
a very challenging experience opening this new nurse call center.
Hours were very long initially and support from management which was in the US was exceptional.
All the experience here was enjoyable from getting the location, furnishing it, to hiring all the nursing and IT staff.
This was a contract position and the most difficult part was ending the contract. The company was terrific and more than generous when it ended. I would recommend this for this company if you have the opportunity.
Pros
exceptional management support
Cons
expectations for performance can sometimes come at the expense of family life.
Fun work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  chatham onApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. There is always something to do. I have learned how to use a new computer system that is unique to McKesson. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is all the lifting of boxes, some are fairly heavy. Interacting with my coworkers and working as a team.