McKesson

McKesson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, AbOctober 15, 2013
Pros: monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons: this is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting – more... work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson. – less
Great Company and very supportive. Great Salary and benefits.
Manager Nurse Call Center (Former Employee), North Bay, OntarioOctober 2, 2013
Pros: exceptional management support
Cons: expectations for performance can sometimes come at the expense of family life.
a very challenging experience opening this new nurse call center.
Hours were very long initially and support from management which was in the US was exceptional.
All the experience here was enjoyable from getting the location, furnishing it, to hiring all the nursing and IT staff.
This was a contract position and the most difficult part was ending the – more... contract. The company was terrific and more than generous when it ended. I would recommend this for this company if you have the opportunity. – less
unloading trucks and sorting boxes
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch every now and then, done work early on some days
Cons: the reciever goes away, i can not get the work done. messy outside the building, slow paste
. My typical day at work is slow, the receiver got to scan every box one by one with its scanner and put a label on it and place it on a pallet afterwards.

. I didn't learn anything new. What I am doing now is basically the same of what I did in the past ware housing jobs.

. The management at the work place is not good at all. They receive more then – more... they can handle in a 8 hour shift. There is always a day or two of work that they get on one day. The company should hire more receivers to get the work done more faster.

.For the co-workers, they only care about themselves and not the lumbers (helpers) that help them to unload trucks. sometimes the co-workers take over an hour to do a pallet, they start doing it and they do something else for a whiles and come back to it.

. The hardest part of the job is sometimes patience for when the receiver is not there. I can not get the job done without the receiver.

.The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is only one or a few orders on a pallet. It gets done very fast. – less
Workign at Mckesson
Pharmacy Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Monitor Calls and Resolve pharmacy issues

Every day we follow the same routine. Answer calls resolve calls in first priority. Follow ups with vendor. New network setup for new stores.New upgrades.

Very pacefull and friendly environment.
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not challenging
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients – more... who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier. – less
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
Pros: allows you to get corporate experience
Cons: basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good – more... or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv. – less
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their – more... polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people. – less
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: icare program
Cons: management, circus environment, revolving door
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Worst company
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: pay was ok
this is the most worst company i have work. If you are not from medical background doing admin job you will feel not worth it.
Would never work there again
Warehouse (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: managenment does not care about staff
Lots of work for what you get paid, Managenment has no idea what they are doing. If you happen to get a manager or supervisor position - long hours and lots of work.
Friendly
Telehealth Associate, 811 NS, Burnside (Current Employee), Burnside, NSJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: easy to do
Cons: 24 hours, no chance for advancement
The job is simple! Answer the phone create charts for callers, forward the info to the nurse! Process out bound calls for surveys.
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Cons: very busy schedule
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access – more... database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings – less
it's a job.
Analyst (Current Employee), richmond bc.November 21, 2012
Pros: benefits ok.
Cons: meh pay, no advancement, clique culture
hard to move anywhere, unless you are in the "old boys club".

boring work, may team members over educated for their positions.
I had the best time when I worked at McKesson.
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 29, 2012
McKesson was one of the best jobs I've ever had. The people I worked with were great and the environment was awesome!!
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits, stability
Cons: upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, – more... personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash". – less
Great systems and a wonderful culture.
Supervisor Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2012
The McKesson iCare principles should be adopted by all companies and employees. They encoourage everything to be done from a base of RESPECT. I miss that since I have come to a different company. McKesson is a leader in it's foeld in so many ways.
Good Employer
Lead Hand (Former Employee), HalifaxMarch 26, 2012
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: sometimes there was too much mandatory overtime
I enjoyed working for McKesson for 28 years and lost my job due to
a plant closure.I am now looking forward to moving on and seeing
what other challenges are out there.
Decent workplace
Customer Service / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Somerset, NJNovember 23, 2014
Pros: dedicated staff
Cons: poor description of security
I was only here for a very short time, but I wanted to stay longer. Management was just that, I respect the levels in companies. I like the idea of co-workers, co-working. A supporting staff is very necessary for a company to prosper.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Current Employee), Livonia, MINovember 22, 2014
A great growing company to work for, some overtime, a lot of walking lifting and bending.

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Photos