McKesson

McKesson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
Pros: allows you to get corporate experience
Cons: basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good – more... or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv. – less
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their – more... polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people. – less
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: icare program
Cons: management, circus environment, revolving door
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.
Worst company
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: pay was ok
this is the most worst company i have work. If you are not from medical background doing admin job you will feel not worth it.
Would never work there again
Warehouse (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: managenment does not care about staff
Lots of work for what you get paid, Managenment has no idea what they are doing. If you happen to get a manager or supervisor position - long hours and lots of work.
Friendly
Telehealth Associate, 811 NS, Burnside (Current Employee), Burnside, NSJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: easy to do
Cons: 24 hours, no chance for advancement
The job is simple! Answer the phone create charts for callers, forward the info to the nurse! Process out bound calls for surveys.
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Cons: very busy schedule
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access – more... database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings – less
it's a job.
Analyst (Current Employee), richmond bc.November 21, 2012
Pros: benefits ok.
Cons: meh pay, no advancement, clique culture
hard to move anywhere, unless you are in the "old boys club".

boring work, may team members over educated for their positions.
I had the best time when I worked at McKesson.
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 29, 2012
McKesson was one of the best jobs I've ever had. The people I worked with were great and the environment was awesome!!
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits, stability
Cons: upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, – more... personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash". – less
Great systems and a wonderful culture.
Supervisor Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2012
The McKesson iCare principles should be adopted by all companies and employees. They encoourage everything to be done from a base of RESPECT. I miss that since I have come to a different company. McKesson is a leader in it's foeld in so many ways.
Good Employer
Lead Hand (Former Employee), HalifaxMarch 26, 2012
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: sometimes there was too much mandatory overtime
I enjoyed working for McKesson for 28 years and lost my job due to
a plant closure.I am now looking forward to moving on and seeing
what other challenges are out there.
Opportunity to experience healthcare through technology solutions
Human Resources (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: collaborative environment - great people to work with
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited
Great place to learn and have a direct impact on healthcare in america. Opportunities for advancement can be challenging for some.
small office but very efficient.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: flex time, good hours and great pees to work with
Cons: cranky customers somedays.
This is a very small office but it ran efficiently. It was a tightly ran office due the fact everyone was crossed trained to assist in other areas. I enjoyed being knowledgeable about the whole business not just my part of what business I handled for them.
Truly a rewarding career step
Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee), RemoteOctober 15, 2014
Pros: loved every opportunity
Cons: my time was too short
Met some of the best people on my path to success here. Had wonderful mentors and upgraded my skills.

McKesson gave me every tool I needed to make capital investments in my professional growth and I will be forever grateful.
Fun, culture of succession from within, supports higher education as top priority
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: team work, rewards and recognition, solid history of growth, longevity
Typical work day is filled with challenges that excite the mind. Employees do not work in pockets but as one unit. The culture is indicative of the leadership. Top leaders view all employees as equals and has a true open door policy. Rewards and Recognition at McKesson is second to none. McKesson has set the standard for how organizations should show – more... appreciation for their most precious asset, employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people with whom I worked.

The hardest part of the job was leaving.

During my time at McKesson I learned the meaning of team work. Often the phrase is uttered but seldom practiced. In no other company have I ever experience working with people that were not working to get the glory but to service the client first. – less
It was a diversity job and we all got along . We were sad when the job ended
Accounts Receivable & CSR (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: if someone was out we had to do their work
On a daily basis we input the the patients diagnose code into the data base , it was nothing different every day it was the same . but it was a challenge to see who did the most at the end of the day . We all went out to lunch together and just got along .
Very nice place to work
Order Filler (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: have to work all holidays
Wonderful place to work, overtime, advancement opportunities.
Love health benefits
Maintenance Associate/ Material Handler (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: some lazy bosses n coworkers
I love the health benefits, they really look out for their employees in that regard,it was an alright place to work,some bosses r nice n some aren't ,if u over meet ur production quota u get bonuses,

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Photos