McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

Customer Service Environment is Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
-Taking inbound calls for orders, credits, complaints, returns, shipping issues, website support etc.
Despite the demands of a heavy workload, the manager of the department can be discriminatory, prejudiced and biased in her management approach; particularly when there is conflict between employees. The culture allows for senior reps to verbally abuse new employees without any corrective action. I would not recommend applying for this department.
Pros
Learning about pharmaceutical supply chain
Cons
Poor management, contractual work without benefits
Good atmosphere and good communication with employees
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Working at McKesson has given me quite the experience for industrial work. The atmosphere is a energetic one, with team leads and supervisors that are good support if your in need of any help or questions. Working at McKesson has surprised me on the amount of teamwork.
Pros
Good atmosphere
The people are the real hero
Order Filler (Class 3) (Former Employee) –  OttawaAugust 19, 2015
It is unfortunate for many, given the direction of a business, such as Mckesson is heading. Bittersweet really. Having said that, Mckesson will always be a model for successful business. Distribution Centres will turn more towards machine operated order filling, whilst creating less jobs for real people, and ultimately saving companies money. While this business will always need people to operate, it will over time, require fewer and fewer. The nature and the culture associated with Mckesson is very important in our day to day lives. Millions of people each day are touched my Mckesson in some way or another. This makes a career at Mckesson rewarding in itself.
Pros
Great Warehouse Employees
Cons
Competition for jobs, Automation Implementation
accecpted package deal
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 13, 2015
18 Great years of experience night shift was effecting my personal life would like to start a new lifestyle working days.
Pros
Great hour wage
Cons
night shift
one of most enjoyable workplace
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  mississauga,onAugust 6, 2015
Work place with growing opportunities
Friendly and healthy working environment
Supportive management
Work and life balanced working environment
Competitive salaries and benefits
High level of vision and great customer service
One of the leading healthcare supplier in north America
Pros
work life balanced workplace
Cons
healthy working enviornment
Great place to work. Co-workers were very easy to get along with.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 8, 2015
Laid back environment on daily basis but still were pushed to get certain jobs done in a time frame.
management was compassionate when you needed time off or needed to leave early for any reason.
Co-workers were very easy to get along with at all times, made the day go by quickly.
Abc
DBA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2015
It was good working with the company, but sadly my project is up. So had to leave,but overall a great experience to work and a pleasant work environment.
Qualify, Support, Develop, Documentation
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2015
Typical day of work :

Qualification products for company use in medical field, this includes all kinds of h/w & s/w. (workstations, server, storage, monitor, softwares -from patches, antivirus ...etc)

Create product documentation for associate to use and sometimes including for customer field use

Provide support to customer and when tier 2 escalate support ticket

Working with vendor, developer from software development team.
Order Picking
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 28, 2015
learned to pick orders with Rf scanner.pick order route wise.Good environment.shift hours are very suitable 8;30 pm to 5;00 am
Fun work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  chatham onApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. There is always something to do. I have learned how to use a new computer system that is unique to McKesson. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is all the lifting of boxes, some are fairly heavy. Interacting with my coworkers and working as a team.
Fast pace, productive, friendly, courteous, excellent benefits & wages,
Case label person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 4, 2015
-A typical day consisted of replenishing, put away of products, inventory adjustments, assisting in shipping or receiving & order filling.
The educational tools that were provided allowed me to prosper within the company.
-Management is very driven oriented in obtaining results.
-A team player environment was demonstrated amongst most of my co-workers,
-The hardest part was making sure everyone's needs were attainable. (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
-The most enjoyable part was I always knew that when I went into work it was because wanted to be part of the work environment.
Pros
Recognition for your work
Cons
plant closure
Productive in Health Care
Inventory Control Clerk/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2015
It's main focus is customer needs and priority. As an employee of a distribution company I have become more aware of the different process and levels to maintain customer satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches
great palce
Bilingual Health Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 20, 2015
-Great place to work
-fun and productive co workers
-excellent managers
-a lot of training offered
-great benefits
-gets redundant at times
Was a promising company - future is uncertain
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 11, 2015
I have an administrative position with McKesson. In general I love my job and my coworkers. But unfortunately this company seems to have run into some tough times. Things are changing for the worst, corners are being cut to reduce costs but yet it seems not to be in the necessary places. There is a huge disconnect between head office and the rest of the company. Benefits have been reduced. Positions are being eliminated. I have seen people who have worked for McKesson for over 20 years being let go with no warning, simply because they can hire someone younger and cheaper to replace them. I find it shameful. I had hoped that McKesson would be a long term career for me, but given the outlook of their future, even if my job is not cut, I question if this is the company I want to work for.
Pros
benefits, vacation, flexible hours, casual office environment
Cons
job future is uncertain, can be stressful, lack of communication in some areas
company
Dock Stocker (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 6, 2015
enjoyed working with company. excellent group of people to work.
wish them all the best.

all the best to all my co- worker and managers.
Terrible company with no positive things about environment. Not a safe position there.
McKesson Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Terrible place to work in Calgary. Unprofessional team. Many problems with how things are done. They talk about team but it is a team that everyone gangs up. Can't trust people there and management is all hypocrites as they bring people down. Pay is terrible and they want you to be happy that you got less than a 1% raise. Benefits keep changing for the worse. No security in the job as company is losing money and they have fired people and not stopping. They want you to work more or harder as they think that will fix all the problems that they have, to many problems that do not get fixed.
Pros
gave you a free chicken dinner.
Cons
have to watch what you do and wonder who will be let go next, they only bring friends in to work there for their spys.
Very well organized
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2015
good pay. lots of nice people. the job is stressful but you get paid amazing.if you are admin its all good you will love it. If MLA try to get a job at the hospital or DSC stay away from PSC locations.
Pros
good pay and vacation ++++
Cons
stressful depending on the department
Does not afford a work/life balance environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
The company is very tight in schedule. Does not afford a work/life balance environment. Management is good although remote as Head office is in Montreal.
Great employee environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Loved picking with everyone in a safe fun environment.
Hard long hours but the music made it durable.
Learned how to work as a team with different people of different age groups.
Pros
great management
Cons
long graveyard shifts
McKesson is a good place to work,
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2014
when I worked on nights I filled orders all night. I enjoyed it because I found it interesting and it kept you busy. I worked on nights for 21 years. found my coworkers to be cooperative and kind to me. Management knew they could count on me to get things done.