McKesson Employee Review

at home worker
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA3 March 2014
My daily routine was to be on my computer at 8 a.m. daily group meeting there were 6 social workers who handled the state of Illinois. I covered the largest region because the felt more social workers were needed in Chicago Region due to higher ER usage. I would on average call 20 of my clients see how they were doing and setup for home visit that month. I was responsible to see all clients in emergency status within 3 days. I worked closely with the medical nurse who was assigned to my region and the mental health nurse also assigned to my region. We had locators who would research and find clients who were high users and if they could not find these people I would take over the task. There were about 400 co workers who at anytime many would call me for guidance in my specific region. I had a very good relationship with them and the social workers I worked closely with.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
There was not enough management support

Other McKesson Employee Reviews

Great team
FIELD SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
Fast paced and need to be ready for ongoing change
-great team to work for
-look after their staff well
-love working with the patients
-very satisfying
Pros
working to help people
Cons
too many changes
No incentive to continue working for them
Full time reimbursement specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
As mentioned in the summary, there's no incentive to keep working for them. I really don't enjoy the company as a whole. They need to work on how professional they are towards their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.