McKesson

McKesson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
About McKesson
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee), MontrealNovember 7, 2015
For over 100 years, McKesson Canada has been the logistics and distribution leader in the Canadian healthcare sector. We connect manufacturers and pharmacies with the very best supply solutions to ensure that branded, generic and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and products reach our pharmacy clients and their patients.

The Canadian healthcare sector has grown tremendously in 100 years and so has McKesson Canada. We offer a complete range of products and solutions, including integrated technology and information solutions to assist industry professionals who are concerned with safety, efficiency and having immediate access to key information. Some of these solutions include automation products and information solutions.

McKesson Canada also responds to the unique challenges of health practitioners and providers with clinical and business solutions such as clinical and administrative software applications and decision support tools to further improve their efficiency and patient care. With more and more patients living in the community setting and playing a more active role in their own care, McKesson Canada is also proud to offer community solutions that include call center technology, disease and case management services, on-demand health management solutions and nurse triage services.

Another priority at McKesson Canada is our commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of people through our corporate citizenship activities. We encourage and support our employees who donate their time or make financial contributions to our communities or to charitable – more... organizations. We are very proud of the active and responsible role that we play as partners in the communities in which we operate and where our suppliers, customers and employees live and work. – less
unloading trucks and sorting boxes
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch every now and then, done work early on some days
Cons: the reciever goes away, i can not get the work done. messy outside the building, slow paste
. My typical day at work is slow, the receiver got to scan every box one by one with its scanner and put a label on it and place it on a pallet afterwards.

. I didn't learn anything new. What I am doing now is basically the same of what I did in the past ware housing jobs.

. The management at the work place is not good at all. They receive more then they can handle in a 8 hour shift. There is always a day or two of work that they get on one day. The company should hire more receivers to get the work done more faster.

.For the co-workers, they only care about themselves and not the lumbers (helpers) that help them to unload trucks. sometimes the co-workers take over an hour to do a pallet, they start doing it and they do something else for a whiles and come back to it.

. The hardest part of the job is sometimes patience for when the receiver is not there. I can not get the job done without the receiver.

.The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is only one or a few orders on a pallet. It gets done very fast.
Was a promising company - future is uncertain
Office Administrator (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 11, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation, flexible hours, casual office environment
Cons: job future is uncertain, can be stressful, lack of communication in some areas
I have an administrative position with McKesson. In general I love my job and my coworkers. But unfortunately this company seems to have run into some tough times. Things are changing for the worst, corners are being cut to reduce costs but yet it seems not to be in the necessary places. There is a huge disconnect between head office and the rest of the company. Benefits have been reduced. Positions are being eliminated. I have seen people who have worked for McKesson for over 20 years being let go with no warning, simply because they can hire someone younger and cheaper to replace them. I find it shameful. I had hoped that McKesson would be a long term career for me, but given the outlook of their future, even if my job is not cut, I question if this is the company I want to work for.
Customer oriented, great co-workers
Software Engineer III (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 23, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits, stability
Cons: upper management "thrash", tiny cubes offering no privacy
McKesson is an enjoyable place to work, allowing employees work hour flexibility to provide some measure of work/life balance. I was fortunate not to be working on the "cutting-edge" products where much longer hours were expected, although I did work on some intense short-term projects too.
My McKesson co-workers are, with almost no exception, bright, personable and hard working.
First level managers dothe best job they can, but they were so often required to act as Product and/or Project Managers that they did not
Upper management, on the other hand, changes personnel frequently and changes priorities, and focus, with each "thrash".
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not challenging
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier.
Terrible company with no positive things about environment. Not a safe position there.
McKesson Employee (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: gave you a free chicken dinner.
Cons: have to watch what you do and wonder who will be let go next, they only bring friends in to work there for their spys.
Terrible place to work in Calgary. Unprofessional team. Many problems with how things are done. They talk about team but it is a team that everyone gangs up. Can't trust people there and management is all hypocrites as they bring people down. Pay is terrible and they want you to be happy that you got less than a 1% raise. Benefits keep changing for the worse. No security in the job as company is losing money and they have fired people and not stopping. They want you to work more or harder as they think that will fix all the problems that they have, to many problems that do not get fixed.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
Pros: allows you to get corporate experience
Cons: basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv.
The people are the real hero
Order Filler (Class 3) (Former Employee), OttawaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great Warehouse Employees
Cons: Competition for jobs, Automation Implementation
It is unfortunate for many, given the direction of a business, such as Mckesson is heading. Bittersweet really. Having said that, Mckesson will always be a model for successful business. Distribution Centres will turn more towards machine operated order filling, whilst creating less jobs for real people, and ultimately saving companies money. While this business will always need people to operate, it will over time, require fewer and fewer. The nature and the culture associated with Mckesson is very important in our day to day lives. Millions of people each day are touched my Mckesson in some way or another. This makes a career at Mckesson rewarding in itself.
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, AbOctober 15, 2013
Pros: monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons: this is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson.
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people.
Fast pace, productive, friendly, courteous, excellent benefits & wages,
Case label person (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: Recognition for your work
Cons: plant closure
-A typical day consisted of replenishing, put away of products, inventory adjustments, assisting in shipping or receiving & order filling.
The educational tools that were provided allowed me to prosper within the company.
-Management is very driven oriented in obtaining results.
-A team player environment was demonstrated amongst most of my co-workers,
-The hardest part was making sure everyone's needs were attainable. (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
-The most enjoyable part was I always knew that when I went into work it was because wanted to be part of the work environment.
Cultivating environment, Ability to adapt to change, Motivate team
Category Manager (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 27, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn sessions
Cons: poor computer system, no pos sales
Main role is to build programs for stores, build flyers, proof flyers, negotiate vendor contracts for 2014. Build seasonal programs, recruit vendors to attend annual trade show.

Coordinate with Marketing department 'new' concepts for flyers, seasonal merchandising tools for stores.

Most difficult part of job is to build programs for Franchisees, always have to keep in mind total investment needed per store, ensure assortment includes key sales drivers.

Most enjoyable job is meeting with vendors to build programs, look at new products, niche items in the market.
cover for other peoples mistakes, help customers get their product
Warehouse service (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 23, 2014
Pros: parking
Cons: no respect, management was bad, no security
Not a great place to work. job was easy, top guns took advantage of the people who wanted to be there. No recognition, lots of people talking about each other. Talk about respect but did not happen. Spoke to others in other roles and felt the same. stay away and company firing and laying people offright now and more to come. not secure. too bad as when was hired it was good place so we thught
High degree of professionalism in a pharmaceutical industry
Assistant to VP, Business Development and Strategy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Cons: very busy schedule
Very busy professional office. Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Business Development and four directors. My day consisted of managing his calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, hadleling highly sensitive and confidential matters. Scheduled and ran monthly WebEx meetings and tracked client agreements in an Access database. Process correspondence and updated presentations, reports and agreements using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Communicated to staff using Outlook. Participated in Business Continuity Planning meetings
Customer Service Environment is Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Learning about pharmaceutical supply chain
Cons: Poor management, contractual work without benefits
-Taking inbound calls for orders, credits, complaints, returns, shipping issues, website support etc.
Despite the demands of a heavy workload, the manager of the department can be discriminatory, prejudiced and biased in her management approach; particularly when there is conflict between employees. The culture allows for senior reps to verbally abuse new employees without any corrective action. I would not recommend applying for this department.
Bad company culture, tough management, performance doesn't matter
IT team (Former Employee), Saint-LaurentNovember 13, 2013
Pros: fancy working place, good technology
Cons: non-competitive working environment, mediocrity encouraged
the worst ever team you can get, non-professionalism and vanity dominate, encouraged at all management levels.
HR is just a puppet
Anybody can harass you (despite their funny ICARE principles)- at the end you're free to leave the company

All you have to do is to make sure you don't disturb upper management - then you have a long life to live at Mckesson
Great minds and people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: Old company with some processes needing change.
Great place to start your career and take classes for advancement which they provide.

Management team cares about creating a solid team of professional to meet long term goals.

Laptop environment with good work life balance, working from home a couple of day a week is acceptable depending on what department you are in.
Enjoyable with great co-workers always working as a team.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and shifts
Cons: dust in the warehouse
I performed warehouse tasks such as unloading, picking and storing a wide variety of company materials and supplies.
I ensured all inventory items were properly labelled, stored and readily accessible.
I have learned shipping and receiving procedures.
The hardest part of the job was working in the dust while picking and storing supplies. The most enjoyable part was working with a great energetic team that always worked together and helped each other.
Great place to work. Location too far.
Infusion Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great environment to work in.
Cons: company is moving and location is too far to commute to.
Fast paced environment. Learned about the medical field of infusions and improved my customer service skills. Great team of management, very supportive. Co-workers always supported each other and worked as a team. The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was helping and dealing with the patients. I also enjoyed the the team effort of my co-workers.
Horrible work environment, harbors poisonous attitudes and work ethics
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Heavy lifting/picking, pushed to get orders done, forced overtime. Unionized company, which means a handful of good hard working dedicated employees, carry the workload for the majority of lazy people, who try to do as little as possible, but still receive the same paycheck.
The management is a joke from top to bottom.
Employees