McKesson

McKesson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful Place to Work
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: staff discount, raffles for event tickets, great hours.
The pay is competitive and employees are treated very well by the company. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Elitists protecting the elite
Directeur (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 5, 2014
Elitist attitude; directors and VP's in a cloud. Top heavy and it's going to flip soon. Business model no longer working.
my recent job is pressure ans stressful
picker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2014
Dealt with customers
Team work with my co workers
To be patience at all times
Working hard
my recent job is pressured and I had fun
Great Experience
Katz Corporate Accounts Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 4, 2014
Working at Mckesson has taught me valuable life skills and work skills that have been very beneficial through the years.
cover for other peoples mistakes, help customers get their product
Warehouse service (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 23, 2014
Pros: parking
Cons: no respect, management was bad, no security
Not a great place to work. job was easy, top guns took advantage of the people who wanted to be there. No recognition, lots of people talking about each other. Talk about respect but did not happen. Spoke to others in other roles and felt the same. stay away and company firing and laying people offright now and more to come. not secure. too bad as when – more... was hired it was good place so we thught – less
never work here
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: horrible hours
be prepared to be picked on may be good money but the hours were horrible and dont expect to rely on the transit system
See resume
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2014
Working as escalation point of contact for customer sites that are critical.
Learned Project Management, business Management, application integration Projects etc
Team Lead (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 7, 2014
Pros: workplace balance benefit
Cons: stressful situations sometimes
I worked at McKesson Medical Imaging for 10 years but unfortunately the company is experiencing some financial difficulties and needed to reduce the workforce so they did a lay off.
Cultivating environment, Ability to adapt to change, Motivate team
Category Manager (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 27, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn sessions
Cons: poor computer system, no pos sales
Main role is to build programs for stores, build flyers, proof flyers, negotiate vendor contracts for 2014. Build seasonal programs, recruit vendors to attend annual trade show.

Coordinate with Marketing department 'new' concepts for flyers, seasonal merchandising tools for stores.

Most difficult part of job is to build programs for Franchisees, always – more... have to keep in mind total investment needed per store, ensure assortment includes key sales drivers.

Most enjoyable job is meeting with vendors to build programs, look at new products, niche items in the market. – less
Great place to work. Location too far.
Infusion Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great environment to work in.
Cons: company is moving and location is too far to commute to.
Fast paced environment. Learned about the medical field of infusions and improved my customer service skills. Great team of management, very supportive. Co-workers always supported each other and worked as a team. The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was helping and dealing with the patients. I also enjoyed the the team effort of my co-workers.
Productive, team based, nasty co-workers
Material Handler (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: nasty co-workers
Its a good company to work for. My work place had nasty co-workers that got under my skin. Team work was bad because. Its too bad people have to spoil a good work place. Robots are replacing the workers now.
Bad company culture, tough management, performance doesn't matter
IT team (Former Employee), Saint-LaurentNovember 13, 2013
Pros: fancy working place, good technology
Cons: non-competitive working environment, mediocrity encouraged
the worst ever team you can get, non-professionalism and vanity dominate, encouraged at all management levels.
HR is just a puppet
Anybody can harass you (despite their funny ICARE principles)- at the end you're free to leave the company

All you have to do is to make sure you don't disturb upper management - then you have a long life to live at Mckesson
If you prove yourself this Company will help you work your way
Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, AbOctober 15, 2013
Pros: monthly treats, birthdays, stampede, pizza
Cons: this is not open to public, we should be able to wear clean jeans
I'm a agent in Calgary, I love my job, my co workers, my duties, the patience the staff shows and the support. I have a great team lead and a awesome manager. I work hard, I want to go far, I learn something new everyday. I love going to work. I'm on the phone most of my time. You never have the same day twice, no routine here. It's very interesting – more... work. My co workers are really exceptional team player, I have nothing bad to say about this McKesson. – less
unloading trucks and sorting boxes
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch every now and then, done work early on some days
Cons: the reciever goes away, i can not get the work done. messy outside the building, slow paste
. My typical day at work is slow, the receiver got to scan every box one by one with its scanner and put a label on it and place it on a pallet afterwards.

. I didn't learn anything new. What I am doing now is basically the same of what I did in the past ware housing jobs.

. The management at the work place is not good at all. They receive more then – more... they can handle in a 8 hour shift. There is always a day or two of work that they get on one day. The company should hire more receivers to get the work done more faster.

.For the co-workers, they only care about themselves and not the lumbers (helpers) that help them to unload trucks. sometimes the co-workers take over an hour to do a pallet, they start doing it and they do something else for a whiles and come back to it.

. The hardest part of the job is sometimes patience for when the receiver is not there. I can not get the job done without the receiver.

.The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is only one or a few orders on a pallet. It gets done very fast. – less
Workign at Mckesson
Pharmacy Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Monitor Calls and Resolve pharmacy issues

Every day we follow the same routine. Answer calls resolve calls in first priority. Follow ups with vendor. New network setup for new stores.New upgrades.

Very pacefull and friendly environment.
Flexible and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not challenging
My current position entails me to call patients on a daily basis to give them information on their upcoming appointments. Also, I enter in post infusion feedback reports in the database after each patient is infused. I have learned to prioritize my workload and to do it even at the most stressful times. I've learned to be patient and calm with patients – more... who are ill and to do as much as I can to make them feel comfortable at our clinic. The hardest part of the job is to keep it interesting, as it does get repetitive - especially when there isn't any growth. The enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, they're down to earth, friendly and outgoing which makes the job easier. – less
Great Workplace
Service Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2013
Great company to work for. Head office is based in Alpharetta, GA. If you're looking for a work place with benefits and to gain knowledge in the medical world, this is the place for you.
not a great corporation
Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 5, 2013
Pros: allows you to get corporate experience
Cons: basic benefits, low salaries compared to other corporations, old computer system, poor directors, terrible work/life working balance
If you work here don,t stay more than 3 years.
They do not promote fairness for promotions
Terrible human resources team
Take the corporate experience and run afterwards to other corporations that pay much better.
Very high turnover at all levels.
The good people leave and the lazy ones stay.
Low salary increases, everyone gets the same whether good – more... or bad.
Overpaid CEO at 131 million per year.
Major bribery to keep their customers......
Like i said go there for a few years and leave, good for your cv. – less
You are just another number here
Worked in HR (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QcMay 29, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Was recruited to work at McKesson, after 5 months had the rug pulled out from under me. My boss let me go without any reason, they paid me so that I couldn't go after them but there was no notice, no reason, no willingness to help me get better at the job I was recruited to do. Not a "thank you", no "good luck"... HR team works hard to implement their – more... polices of ICARE and to create a good working dynamic in every department but their own. I was deeply hurt by their lack of concern or passion, just out the door and I was easily replaced. Very cold people. – less
Poorly Managed like I've never seen before
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: icare program
Cons: management, circus environment, revolving door
Shocking how poorly managed this place was, just a revolving door. Some attempt to promote the ICare program but values aren't being displayed by adopted by certain departments such as HR. I've never experienced such a 'circus' environment before with such a work/life inbalance. Very shocking.

1 2 3 4 5

About McKesson

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

McKesson Photos