McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with.
Nurse Scheduler Western Canada (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 14, 2016
Pros: Working independently
Cons: travel and toll
I work with a great team of nurses. The nursing supervisor and manager are fun to work with, makes getting up to come to work a pleasure. The hardest part of my job is last minute replacement requests or sick calls. I enjoy the independence of working and being responsible for my area.
Great place to work, very busy and multitasking every day.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: not working on weekends.
I liked working at McKesson, I have gained the experience and confidence working as a team or individually with minimal supervision over the years I've spent there. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the problem and being able to fix it makes your day perfect.
Horrible work environment, harbors poisonous attitudes and work ethics
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Heavy lifting/picking, pushed to get orders done, forced overtime. Unionized company, which means a handful of good hard working dedicated employees, carry the workload for the majority of lazy people, who try to do as little as possible, but still receive the same paycheck.
The management is a joke from top to bottom.
Great minds and people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: Old company with some processes needing change.
Great place to start your career and take classes for advancement which they provide.

Management team cares about creating a solid team of professional to meet long term goals.

Laptop environment with good work life balance, working from home a couple of day a week is acceptable depending on what department you are in.
Flexiable lunch hour and working hours
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2016
You can choose half or one hour lunch time.

Scan your ID card for manage your working hours, come early and leave early.

But at least have one coworker stay in the office during the lunch time for other location office's call which at different time zone.
Good group of people to spend working hours with
Supervisor, Finance & Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Pros: team work
Cons: nothing
McKesson has long term employees which tells me that something is right working there. I worked there and found the same thing. Great place, people friendly and helpful to the newcomers. recommended place to work.
Very stressful environment where peoples lives are on the line
Remote Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Cons: Long hours
I have enhanced my skill levels greatly whilst at McKesson, however, the environment was not conducive to a proper balance. It is a good company to start out with but no room for proper growth.
new location
Billing claims specialist (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MnNovember 23, 2015
Pros: clean, nice cafe.
Cons: communication can be better
Mckesson is okay. The people are nice. My daily job was to make sure patient information was completed for submission by the date line. There was a lot of reconstructing, due to ICD 10 change, so a lot people were let go.

The hardest part of the job, is not know what to do.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people.
Incredible place to work, functional and fun.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 16, 2015
McKesson is one of the best places I have ever worked. The people, the atmosphere, and just overall the experience I had was great. I learned a lot about the place i was working and what we did for the community. I never thought i would like to work in a warehouse, but it was something I would not hesitate to do again.
Customer Service Environment is Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Learning about pharmaceutical supply chain
Cons: Poor management, contractual work without benefits
-Taking inbound calls for orders, credits, complaints, returns, shipping issues, website support etc.
Despite the demands of a heavy workload, the manager of the department can be discriminatory, prejudiced and biased in her management approach; particularly when there is conflict between employees. The culture allows for senior reps to verbally abuse new employees without any corrective action. I would not recommend applying for this department.
Poor leadership
Retail Programs Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Flexible work-life balance
Cons: Poor management
Management work in silos... no clear view of future
Loved that I was able to work from home most days.

Overall good company, but you don't know where you stand with them
Overnight shifts and speed
Order Picker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
This position was difficult to get to work for. Transportation was very limited in that area of the city which made overnight shifts very difficult. Also I never met their expectations of 180 ppm. I was only able to reach 210 ppm I believe once.
Numerous opportunities within growing company
Packaging Assistant/ Administrative Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Ample opportunities for upward mobilization. Diverse and friendly staff. Steady flow of work. Leading pharmaceutical company in Canada. Very welcoming.
productive and fun workplace
Narcotics Warehouseman (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
Pros: birthday cakes
Cons: none
I would recommend this workplace. People are amazing and respect. They always makes family first and very understanding.Its a positive environment.
Great company
Pharmaceutical (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Stable company
Cons: no space for growth
Amazing people,
great support team, the days go pretty fast at Mckesson, never a dull moment and always learning something different.
Flexible
Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2016
flexible hours and work place
great mng and colleagues
lot of administrative work
communication is important
lots of adverse reports
Good atmosphere and good communication with employees
General Labourer (Former Employee), Trenton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere
Working at McKesson has given me quite the experience for industrial work. The atmosphere is a energetic one, with team leads and supervisors that are good support if your in need of any help or questions. Working at McKesson has surprised me on the amount of teamwork.
The people are the real hero
Order Filler (Class 3) (Former Employee), OttawaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great Warehouse Employees
Cons: Competition for jobs, Automation Implementation
It is unfortunate for many, given the direction of a business, such as Mckesson is heading. Bittersweet really. Having said that, Mckesson will always be a model for successful business. Distribution Centres will turn more towards machine operated order filling, whilst creating less jobs for real people, and ultimately saving companies money. While this business will always need people to operate, it will over time, require fewer and fewer. The nature and the culture associated with Mckesson is very important in our day to day lives. Millions of people each day are touched my Mckesson in some way or another. This makes a career at Mckesson rewarding in itself.
one of most enjoyable workplace
Warehouse technician (Former Employee), mississauga,onAugust 6, 2015
Pros: work life balanced workplace
Cons: healthy working enviornment
Work place with growing opportunities
Friendly and healthy working environment
Supportive management
Work and life balanced working environment
Competitive salaries and benefits
High level of vision and great customer service
One of the leading healthcare supplier in north America
Good
Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 9, 2016
Good place to work and lot of opportunities to learn. Very friendly environment, High professional manners and standards.
Employees