McKesson Employee Reviews in Canada

Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2016
It was a great time working for the company. I learned a lot from the management, co-workers were great to get along with and had an overall great experience.
Good salary but stressful environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
I had a nice co-workers. The payment was no bad.
That position was really hard and worked under pressure and sometimes no co-workers enough.
Management was really nice but when I needed to try LOA for 3 weeks to solve some problems in my country they didn't agree. After that I left that job. I didn't like because at that time I had 2 weeks for vacation and I just needed for only 1 week for LOA.
Pros
salary
Cons
hard
Poor leadership
Retail Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Management work in silos... no clear view of future
Loved that I was able to work from home most days.

Overall good company, but you don't know where you stand with them
Pros
Flexible work-life balance
Cons
Poor management
Flexible
Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2016
flexible hours and work place
great mng and colleagues
lot of administrative work
communication is important
lots of adverse reports
Good group of people to spend working hours with
Supervisor, Finance & Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
McKesson has long term employees which tells me that something is right working there. I worked there and found the same thing. Great place, people friendly and helpful to the newcomers. recommended place to work.
Pros
team work
Cons
nothing
Great company
Pharmaceutical (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
Amazing people,
great support team, the days go pretty fast at Mckesson, never a dull moment and always learning something different.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
no space for growth
Great people to work with.
Nurse Scheduler Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCApril 14, 2016
I work with a great team of nurses. The nursing supervisor and manager are fun to work with, makes getting up to come to work a pleasure. The hardest part of my job is last minute replacement requests or sick calls. I enjoy the independence of working and being responsible for my area.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
travel and toll
Good
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 9, 2016
Good place to work and lot of opportunities to learn. Very friendly environment, High professional manners and standards.
productive and fun workplace
Narcotics Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
I would recommend this workplace. People are amazing and respect. They always makes family first and very understanding.Its a positive environment.
Pros
birthday cakes
Cons
Great place to work, very busy and multitasking every day.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
I liked working at McKesson, I have gained the experience and confidence working as a team or individually with minimal supervision over the years I've spent there. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the problem and being able to fix it makes your day perfect.
Pros
not working on weekends.
Flexiable lunch hour and working hours
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2016
You can choose half or one hour lunch time.

Scan your ID card for manage your working hours, come early and leave early.

But at least have one coworker stay in the office during the lunch time for other location office's call which at different time zone.
Very stressful environment where peoples lives are on the line
Remote Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2016
I have enhanced my skill levels greatly whilst at McKesson, however, the environment was not conducive to a proper balance. It is a good company to start out with but no room for proper growth.
Cons
Numerous opportunities within growing company
Packaging Assistant/ Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Ample opportunities for upward mobilization. Diverse and friendly staff. Steady flow of work. Leading pharmaceutical company in Canada. Very welcoming.
Horrible work environment, harbors poisonous attitudes and work ethics
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Heavy lifting/picking, pushed to get orders done, forced overtime. Unionized company, which means a handful of good hard working dedicated employees, carry the workload for the majority of lazy people, who try to do as little as possible, but still receive the same paycheck.
The management is a joke from top to bottom.
Overnight shifts and speed
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
This position was difficult to get to work for. Transportation was very limited in that area of the city which made overnight shifts very difficult. Also I never met their expectations of 180 ppm. I was only able to reach 210 ppm I believe once.
Great minds and people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Great place to start your career and take classes for advancement which they provide.

Management team cares about creating a solid team of professional to meet long term goals.

Laptop environment with good work life balance, working from home a couple of day a week is acceptable depending on what department you are in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Old company with some processes needing change.
new location
Billing claims specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MnNovember 23, 2015
Mckesson is okay. The people are nice. My daily job was to make sure patient information was completed for submission by the date line. There was a lot of reconstructing, due to ICD 10 change, so a lot people were let go.

The hardest part of the job, is not know what to do.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people.
Pros
clean, nice cafe.
Cons
communication can be better
Incredible place to work, functional and fun.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 16, 2015
McKesson is one of the best places I have ever worked. The people, the atmosphere, and just overall the experience I had was great. I learned a lot about the place i was working and what we did for the community. I never thought i would like to work in a warehouse, but it was something I would not hesitate to do again.
About McKesson
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee) –  MontrealNovember 7, 2015
For over 100 years, McKesson Canada has been the logistics and distribution leader in the Canadian healthcare sector. We connect manufacturers and pharmacies with the very best supply solutions to ensure that branded, generic and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and products reach our pharmacy clients and their patients.

The Canadian healthcare sector has grown tremendously in 100 years and so has McKesson Canada. We offer a complete range of products and solutions, including integrated technology and information solutions to assist industry professionals who are concerned with safety, efficiency and having immediate access to key information. Some of these solutions include automation products and information solutions.

McKesson Canada also responds to the unique challenges of health practitioners and providers with clinical and business solutions such as clinical and administrative software applications and decision support tools to further improve their efficiency and patient care. With more and more patients living in the community setting and playing a more active role in their own care, McKesson Canada is also proud to offer community solutions that include call center technology, disease and case management services, on-demand health management solutions and nurse triage services.

Another priority at McKesson Canada is our commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of people through our corporate citizenship activities. We encourage and support our employees who donate their time or make financial contributions to our communities or to charitable
  more... organizations. We are very proud of the active and responsible role that we play as partners in the communities in which we operate and where our suppliers, customers and employees live and work.  less
Customer Service Environment is Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
-Taking inbound calls for orders, credits, complaints, returns, shipping issues, website support etc.
Despite the demands of a heavy workload, the manager of the department can be discriminatory, prejudiced and biased in her management approach; particularly when there is conflict between employees. The culture allows for senior reps to verbally abuse new employees without any corrective action. I would not recommend applying for this department.
Pros
Learning about pharmaceutical supply chain
Cons
Poor management, contractual work without benefits