McKesson

1.2K reviews

McKesson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible work environment, harbors poisonous attitudes and work ethics
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Heavy lifting/picking, pushed to get orders done, forced overtime. Unionized company, which means a handful of good hard working dedicated employees, carry the workload for the majority of lazy people, who try to do as little as possible, but still receive the same paycheck.
The management is a joke from top to bottom.
Overnight shifts and speed
Order Picker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
This position was difficult to get to work for. Transportation was very limited in that area of the city which made overnight shifts very difficult. Also I never met their expectations of 180 ppm. I was only able to reach 210 ppm I believe once.
Great minds and people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: Old company with some processes needing change.
Great place to start your career and take classes for advancement which they provide.

Management team cares about creating a solid team of professional to meet long term goals.

Laptop environment with good work life balance, working from home a couple of day a week is acceptable depending on what department you are in.
new location
Billing claims specialist (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MnNovember 23, 2015
Pros: clean, nice cafe.
Cons: communication can be better
Mckesson is okay. The people are nice. My daily job was to make sure patient information was completed for submission by the date line. There was a lot of reconstructing, due to ICD 10 change, so a lot people were let go.

The hardest part of the job, is not know what to do.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people.
Incredible place to work, functional and fun.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 16, 2015
McKesson is one of the best places I have ever worked. The people, the atmosphere, and just overall the experience I had was great. I learned a lot about the place i was working and what we did for the community. I never thought i would like to work in a warehouse, but it was something I would not hesitate to do again.
About McKesson
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee), MontrealNovember 7, 2015
For over 100 years, McKesson Canada has been the logistics and distribution leader in the Canadian healthcare sector. We connect manufacturers and pharmacies with the very best supply solutions to ensure that branded, generic and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and products reach our pharmacy clients and their patients.

The Canadian healthcare sector has grown tremendously in 100 years and so has McKesson Canada. We offer a complete range of products and solutions, including integrated technology and information solutions to assist industry professionals who are concerned with safety, efficiency and having immediate access to key information. Some of these solutions include automation products and information solutions.

McKesson Canada also responds to the unique challenges of health practitioners and providers with clinical and business solutions such as clinical and administrative software applications and decision support tools to further improve their efficiency and patient care. With more and more patients living in the community setting and playing a more active role in their own care, McKesson Canada is also proud to offer community solutions that include call center technology, disease and case management services, on-demand health management solutions and nurse triage services.

Another priority at McKesson Canada is our commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of people through our corporate citizenship activities. We encourage and support our employees who donate their time or make financial contributions to our communities or to charitable – more... organizations. We are very proud of the active and responsible role that we play as partners in the communities in which we operate and where our suppliers, customers and employees live and work. – less
Customer Service Environment is Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Learning about pharmaceutical supply chain
Cons: Poor management, contractual work without benefits
-Taking inbound calls for orders, credits, complaints, returns, shipping issues, website support etc.
Despite the demands of a heavy workload, the manager of the department can be discriminatory, prejudiced and biased in her management approach; particularly when there is conflict between employees. The culture allows for senior reps to verbally abuse new employees without any corrective action. I would not recommend applying for this department.
Good atmosphere and good communication with employees
General Labourer (Former Employee), Trenton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere
Working at McKesson has given me quite the experience for industrial work. The atmosphere is a energetic one, with team leads and supervisors that are good support if your in need of any help or questions. Working at McKesson has surprised me on the amount of teamwork.
The people are the real hero
Order Filler (Class 3) (Former Employee), OttawaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great Warehouse Employees
Cons: Competition for jobs, Automation Implementation
It is unfortunate for many, given the direction of a business, such as Mckesson is heading. Bittersweet really. Having said that, Mckesson will always be a model for successful business. Distribution Centres will turn more towards machine operated order filling, whilst creating less jobs for real people, and ultimately saving companies money. While this business will always need people to operate, it will over time, require fewer and fewer. The nature and the culture associated with Mckesson is very important in our day to day lives. Millions of people each day are touched my Mckesson in some way or another. This makes a career at Mckesson rewarding in itself.
accecpted package deal
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Great hour wage
Cons: night shift
18 Great years of experience night shift was effecting my personal life would like to start a new lifestyle working days.
one of most enjoyable workplace
Warehouse technician (Former Employee), mississauga,onAugust 6, 2015
Pros: work life balanced workplace
Cons: healthy working enviornment
Work place with growing opportunities
Friendly and healthy working environment
Supportive management
Work and life balanced working environment
Competitive salaries and benefits
High level of vision and great customer service
One of the leading healthcare supplier in north America
Great place to work. Co-workers were very easy to get along with.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 8, 2015
Laid back environment on daily basis but still were pushed to get certain jobs done in a time frame.
management was compassionate when you needed time off or needed to leave early for any reason.
Co-workers were very easy to get along with at all times, made the day go by quickly.
Abc
DBA (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2015
It was good working with the company, but sadly my project is up. So had to leave,but overall a great experience to work and a pleasant work environment.
Qualify, Support, Develop, Documentation
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2015
Typical day of work :

Qualification products for company use in medical field, this includes all kinds of h/w & s/w. (workstations, server, storage, monitor, softwares -from patches, antivirus ...etc)

Create product documentation for associate to use and sometimes including for customer field use

Provide support to customer and when tier 2 escalate support ticket

Working with vendor, developer from software development team.
Order Picking
Material Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 28, 2015
learned to pick orders with Rf scanner.pick order route wise.Good environment.shift hours are very suitable 8;30 pm to 5;00 am
Fun work place
Material Handler (Current Employee), chatham onApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. There is always something to do. I have learned how to use a new computer system that is unique to McKesson. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is all the lifting of boxes, some are fairly heavy. Interacting with my coworkers and working as a team.
Fast pace, productive, friendly, courteous, excellent benefits & wages,
Case label person (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: Recognition for your work
Cons: plant closure
-A typical day consisted of replenishing, put away of products, inventory adjustments, assisting in shipping or receiving & order filling.
The educational tools that were provided allowed me to prosper within the company.
-Management is very driven oriented in obtaining results.
-A team player environment was demonstrated amongst most of my co-workers,
-The hardest part was making sure everyone's needs were attainable. (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
-The most enjoyable part was I always knew that when I went into work it was because wanted to be part of the work environment.
Productive in Health Care
Inventory Control Clerk/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
It's main focus is customer needs and priority. As an employee of a distribution company I have become more aware of the different process and levels to maintain customer satisfaction.
great palce
Bilingual Health Services Case Manager (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 20, 2015
-Great place to work
-fun and productive co workers
-excellent managers
-a lot of training offered
-great benefits
-gets redundant at times
Was a promising company - future is uncertain
Office Administrator (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 11, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation, flexible hours, casual office environment
Cons: job future is uncertain, can be stressful, lack of communication in some areas
I have an administrative position with McKesson. In general I love my job and my coworkers. But unfortunately this company seems to have run into some tough times. Things are changing for the worst, corners are being cut to reduce costs but yet it seems not to be in the necessary places. There is a huge disconnect between head office and the rest of the company. Benefits have been reduced. Positions are being eliminated. I have seen people who have worked for McKesson for over 20 years being let go with no warning, simply because they can hire someone younger and cheaper to replace them. I find it shameful. I had hoped that McKesson would be a long term career for me, but given the outlook of their future, even if my job is not cut, I question if this is the company I want to work for.
Employees