McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work inviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 2, 2013
Pros: company functions
Working for Mcgraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd.
is like working with a tight knit family. we all get along quirks and all.
Over 23 years I have learned Order Picking,Picking and Packing
Postal Machine, Receiving, dispatching, inventory Cycle counts,
Receiving, Returns clerk and shrinkwrapping plus computers
be afraid ... be very afraid
POW (Former Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: micro-managing, unrealistic expectations, no work/life balance
I am still traumatized by working there.

Poor training, micro-managing, non-existent work life balance.

Clique-y, back-stabbing, never felt secure in my position despite being 10% over target. If the regional manager was havinga bad day, then you can bet you're gonna have a bad day too!

If you are a size 0, vegan single woman with no life outside – more... of your job then you'll be very happy there.

Otherwise run far, run fast. – less
Might be a good place to work if one doesn't have to commute.
Developmental Editor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 16, 2012
Pros: learning seminars.
Cons: commuting. rather unfriendly, highly stressed employees.
I was hired to full a position that had been vacant for more than six months. It was a highly stressful position with much to do and little turn around time on projects. Unfortunately, there seemed to be some conflict between my managers expectations and those of management, the latter of which informed my contract and my decision to take on the job – more... in the first place. Given that this was a commuting job, I was told by management that I would have at least two work-from-home days per week and that I could meet directly with authors -- whatever it took to ready key final draft manuscripts. Within a few weeks, it was clear that my immediate manager was not in agreement with this arrangement, and I was forced to commute daily, After spending upwards of 40 hours commuting weekly for an already stressful job, I determined this was not the job for me. – less
It's a good fun place
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good caring supervisors
Cons: seasonal
A typical day at McGraw Hill could either be relaxing or a long rough day.
I learned from this job how to take initiative and lead a group.
Management was great at the time I started then had got a little unorganized in the long run.
My co-workers could be a hand full at times just the simple fact that I was younger in a different position than they – more... was but they and I both had coped with it and I didn't make them feel as if I was the boss and they were under me.
Taking the initiative to lead a group for the first time it was a lot but I wanted that responsibility and I held on and stuck to it.
Having a good time with my coworkers and supervisor it was always laughs and jokes throughout the day. – less
great place to work
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), Blacklick, OHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, wellness programs, 401k opportunities
Cons: alot of favoritism
My fellow co-workers are fantastic! You felt like you were part of a family. The job gave you a sense of purpose. I wouldn't trade my co-workers for anything.
A diverse work place with opportunity to grow
HR Data Specialist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamesburg, NJJuly 21, 2014
McGraw-Hill believed in me and gave in a chance to truly shine in the career that i have now.
logistics
Logistics (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 10, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: extremely long hours
I worked in the warehouse as a pick/packer basically i had to pick books and pack them
Productive, Friendly Workplace
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Hightstown, NJJune 11, 2014
I learned how IT Department of a popular Financial Company works.
Respectful of your work and knowledge
Server Admin (Current Employee), East WindsorMay 30, 2014
Good co-workers
availability for advancement
Good place to learn new technologies
Great people and work-life balance
Construction Industry Specialist (Current Employee), Bedford, MAMay 29, 2014
Pros: work-life balance/telecommuting
Cons: high production goals
I have telecommuted for over 10 years. This is an option that is sometimes offered to seasoned team members with proven track records. Regular work hours are required.
Large Company
Vendor Management & Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJMay 20, 2014
Working experience at MHFI depends on your current manager.
Large publishing corporation
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), South Central RegionMay 14, 2014
The worldwide company has since divided into two companies. One still contains the traditional book division, while the other has most of the information services.
Very productive company. This job was very challenging.
Sr. Admin. Assistant to the Operations Manager (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
I enjoyed this position very much, as Administrative Assistant. This position was a multi-task position in which I handled finance for nine different departments, including A/P, Finance, Budget, General Ledger, etc.
Wonderful and Clean Hospital
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2014
I enjoyed the job because we got to interact with the doctors as well as patients. I also got to relocate weekly between the Erlanger hospital network. The hardest part of the job was remembering the different hallways and areas within the campus.
it was a fun place while i was there learn alot and became friends with alot of people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: learn alot of things while i was there too better my career and the benifits were great
Cons: no cons
well a typical day at work would be get there on time for starters log in too my rf scanner walk and get me my equipment and go get my duty for too day which could be lead man or load or unload trucks put away product rap pallets and get them ready to ship
Fast paced interesting work environment
Analyst I - Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJApril 8, 2014
Pros: the networking contacts formed
Cons: the commuting distance from my home
Continuous work flow throughout the entire work day. Able to improve my skill level by attending various classes. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting financial matters....but it was very satisfying when resolutions were found for those same issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my clients.
Good People to Work With
Business Analyst & Quality Assurance Lead (Current Employee), Princeton Hightstown, New JerseyMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: n/a
Good People to Work With. Learnt some new aspects of HRIS. Management was goo and Supportive.
IT was okay
Digital Tech Support (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHMarch 23, 2014
No structure when it comes to management
I really had to lean on myself to learn the way of the company
it was hard at times with out management direction
Overall a great place to work
National Account Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great holidays
Cons: bureaucracy
McGraw-Hill Financial is a great place to work. It is a very professional organization. The opportunity for advancement; however, can depend on your willingness to relocate in some cases.
Great workplace
Team Lead, Customer Service (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: needed better management
Great work/life balance. Advance quickly; however glass ceiling was reached very quickly.

1 2 3 4 5

About McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity – Read more

McGraw Hill Financial Photos