McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work inviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 2, 2013
Pros: company functions
Working for Mcgraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd.
is like working with a tight knit family. we all get along quirks and all.
Over 23 years I have learned Order Picking,Picking and Packing
Postal Machine, Receiving, dispatching, inventory Cycle counts,
Receiving, Returns clerk and shrinkwrapping plus computers
be afraid ... be very afraid
POW (Former Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: micro-managing, unrealistic expectations, no work/life balance
I am still traumatized by working there.

Poor training, micro-managing, non-existent work life balance.

Clique-y, back-stabbing, never felt secure in my position despite being 10% over target. If the regional manager was havinga bad day, then you can bet you're gonna have a bad day too!

If you are a size 0, vegan single woman with no life outside of your job then you'll be very happy there.

Otherwise run far, run fast.
Might be a good place to work if one doesn't have to commute.
Developmental Editor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 16, 2012
Pros: learning seminars.
Cons: commuting. rather unfriendly, highly stressed employees.
I was hired to full a position that had been vacant for more than six months. It was a highly stressful position with much to do and little turn around time on projects. Unfortunately, there seemed to be some conflict between my managers expectations and those of management, the latter of which informed my contract and my decision to take on the job in the first place. Given that this was a commuting job, I was told by management that I would have at least two work-from-home days per week and that I could meet directly with authors -- whatever it took to ready key final draft manuscripts. Within a few weeks, it was clear that my immediate manager was not in agreement with this arrangement, and I was forced to commute daily, After spending upwards of 40 hours commuting weekly for an already stressful job, I determined this was not the job for me.

About McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity – Read more

McGraw Hill Financial Photos