McGraw-Hill Education

McGraw-Hill Education Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, fast-paced and energetic work environment
Senior Manager, Conferences, Meetings & Events (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Utilized multi-tasking ability to manage a fast paced daily work environment. Collaborated with marketing colleagues to facilitate and execute requirements to achieve effective and successful conferences, meetings and events.
I learned so much from my colleagues and was mentored by senior level management, which enabled me to accomplish set goals and – more... objectives for our company.
I worked with the most wonderful people, on every level, anyone could ever dream of at McGraw-Hill Education.
The most difficult part of my job was not having enough time to devote as much time as I would have liked; in an effort to be as meticulous as possible.
I thoroughly enjoyed every experience during there time that I worked at McGraw-Hill! It's one of the best employment experience I've had in my life! The company provided various kinds of activities for employees to engage in; such as sports, team-building, cultural, mentoring, community service, educational opportunities, great medical, other important benefits, and so much more. Check out their website for all this great company has to offer. I would go back to work for them with a moment's notice. – less
Fun place
Temp Contract (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 1, 2014
Pros: free books
Cons: very long hours 90 hrs per week
While working for MHE , I have learned more about the publishing industry and the life cycle of the book ....
Fun Place to Work Most Times
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2014
Cons: short lunch, short breaks
Sometimes its busy sometimes it isn't which can make it boring. I was here through a temp service, and a permanent position was not discussed.
Associate Distrubution (Current Employee), Gahanna, OHApril 7, 2014
A place to be very porductive and learn in a warehouse Environment.
Culture is changing everyday
Analyst (Current Employee), OhioMarch 23, 2014
Pros: discount on textbooks, relaxed dress code
Cons: many interpersonal relationships cloud judgement, career path is limited
Lots of training opportunities if you work in the right area.
Great work environment and people to work for within the company and outside the company.
Pick and Pack Coordinator (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXMarch 17, 2014
Assists Copy Center with printing sales and promotional materials through the use of the Command Workstion copy machines and regular communication with Field Marketing Graphic Designers and Coordinators.
*Shipped and mailed promotional materials in a cost-effective,timely manner by selecting an appropriate carrier such as FedEx,UPS,or the USPS.Then – more... provides updates to the appropriate staff for the material that was shipped.
*Maintained Premiuns and other expensive inventory in warehouse/distribution center and pulled stock as needed with the use of folklift or (OP-order picker).
* Assembled folders,binders,sample educational packages in bags boxed to be shipped to customers

Loved working for the company, and enjoyed going to work everyday, never late. – less
Great People
Inventory Demand Planner (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment, great benefits
Cons: job insecurity
The best part about the job is the people you get to work with. Their are some great minds in the company and it is a pleasure to be able to work with them on a daily basis.
A great place to work and a great environment.
Product Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good work environment, fast-paced, organized, lots to learn
Cons: no benefits because of internship
There is a good balance of professionalism, work/leisure relationships, and fun. I have learned to work within a corporate environment, work with marketing managers from across the U.S., manage my time more efficiently, and what to do and not do within legal/copywriting limits. It is a pleasure working with everyone.
Enjoyed participating in an activity that I love.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ada, OhioFebruary 4, 2014
Being able to share my love of basketball with kids was an amazing experience.
Great company but changing due to transition...
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits. company matching 401k. great people. popular brand..
Cons: fear of losing job due to massive layoffs, not compensated fairly, new transition causing low morale in employees...
Great company to work for. McGraw-Hill Education provides its staff with great career and growth opportunities within the company, and also promotes educational development through its tuition refund program for its employees. Staffed by an extremely talented group of professionals, McGraw-Hill Education continues to equip both students and educators – more... with the educational materials needed to be successful and achieve their goals. – less
McGraw-Hill Education is an excellent company to work for.
Sales Correspondent/Team Leader (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXDecember 8, 2013
I was with McGraw-Hill Education for almost 17 years. It was a great place to work as it offered me opportunities for advancement.

Each day was filled with lots of phone calls and emails from the sales reps in the field and their customer base. I was busy but I enjoyed the work.

It was a place where if you worked hard you were complimented and rewarded.

In – more... the sales office we more like family than co-workers. This is part that I liked best about working with McGraw-Hill and the part that I miss most. – less
Fun charity events.
Instructor and Student Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), North Lauderdale, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: awesome team effort.
Assists instructors and students on technical and functional issues related to McGraw-Hill Connect, LearnSmart Achieve, SmartBook, Tegrity Campus, LearnSmart Prep, MH Campus and LearnSmart Labs. Communicates and responds to service or technical support requests from instructors and students. Performs system support including tuning, configuration, archiving, – more... troubleshooting, and documenting system problems/bugs. Customizes McGraw-Hill systems to suit program area and instructor requirements. Assists in setup of courses, enrollments for McGraw-Hill systems. Works with instructors in standardizing course shell and McGraw-Hill content for online course utilizing McGraw-Hill products. Assist in data synchronization between student system and McGraw-Hill systems. – less
Productivity measured based on the ideas that were contributed
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 18, 2013
Excellent place to learn from different team members from various backgrounds
Legacy company going digital
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2013
Pros: nice people.
Cons: 60-hour workweeks.
Getting more entrepreneurial. Heavy workload. Bureaucratic internal processes hamper growth and innovation.
Great learning experience
Copywriter (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: flexible environment, occasional free food, accessibly supplies
Cons: office politics
I've had a great learning experience here, and enjoyed working in a flexible environment. While this is a corporate workplace with the usual office politics, I was able to connect with some colleagues and forge true friendships.
Best organisation to work
Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee), IndiaOctober 7, 2013
Pros: diverse and integrated
I have spent more than 11 years with the organisation (headoffice) in India. The organisation and my job/role gave me enough opportunities to learn and progress in professional life.

I had an opportunity to work directly with the key people in the organisation in Editorial and Marketing divisions, across the organisation. I gained experience and developed – more... decision making skills working with the top management.

Everyday brought new challenges and new learnings. The co-workers and co-team members played an important role in making the hardest part of work, more easy and enjoyable.

I loved being involved in the brainstorming sessions of all marketing activities.

The working culture respects every religion. The organisation is diverse and integrated and celebrate all the festivals under one roof.

To summarise, It is THE BEST organisation to work with, were learning has no end. – less
Great place to work!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Blacklick, OHSeptember 4, 2013
Traning and co-workers are great! Management works well with others.
OK
Digital Care Representative (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILAugust 15, 2013
Kind of slow right now so I dont know what I dont know yet but it seems like I dont know the answer to the customers questions
Team Lead Customer Service (Former Employee), Desoto, TxAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Providing Quality Customer Care
The environment was very relaxing
Seasonal Work
Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 2, 2013
Interaction with customers is fun. Middle management is marginal in performance at best, and does not groom people to get better.

About McGraw-Hill Education

McGraw-Hill Higher Education is a premier provider of print and digital teaching and learning solutions for the post-secondary – Read more

McGraw-Hill Education Photos