McGill University Employee Reviews

Awesome team in my department
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2017
I started as a mat leave replacement, but everything worked out so well that they wanted to keep me on. The only reason I left was because of a support staff strike that dragged on too long. The team I was with felt like a family. GREAT people!
Pros
great team spirit, great benefits
Cons
really low salary
Good place to work as a student, allowing you to have some pocket change
Laboratory Intern, Abouheif Lab (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2017
Good place to work as a student. Great side job opportunities. The management is very friendly and the jobs are enjoyable. Everyone you come in contact with in this job is happy.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Facilities are outdated
Amazing University
Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 July 2017
It is a challenging place with very smart people. It is all up to you. There are unlimited opportunities for you but you have to go find them. You can make the most out of it if you want.
Great academic place
Research & Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
I have a memorable experience during my studies at McGill University. The academic environment is very professional and the method of teaching/research is efficient.
good
PDF (Former Employee) –  JGH21 June 2017
McGIl is one of the best University in Canada and in the world. It most exciting place to learn new advents and develop career. A potential place to grow connections and foresee new opportunities.
fun working
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC19 June 2017
I enjoyed working at this company .Now I need to do something else ,like driving a bus .the culture is great ,a nice place to work .Nice colleagues .I learn how to protect the students and the company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working night
Progressive and fun
BITS Promotional Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 June 2017
You have a formation and they will tell you what is the task. You soon learn to be independent and give the best of you ! I enjoyed learning. The best part is to see the changes or progress you bring to the team.
Interesting workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montreal11 June 2017
Very good team and volunteer supervisors.They were very attentive and ready to help. The hospital is very new and is interesting to see. I enjoyed helping people find their way around the hospital.
Good staff support, healthy working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2017
As a teaching assistant at McGill I enjoyed the support of senior staff and administration when it came it integrating into the work environment. I was given independence, but help was available when I needed it.
Mcgill University
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 May 2017
Hard work environment but very rewarding, involved supervisors and professors. The hardest part of the job is the work life balance, as McGill is entirely type-A personalities looking to get ahead.
Good from the outside
Compensation Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 May 2017
I went to work at McGill because it seemed like a dream job. They offer great perks like summer Fridays, 3 weeks' vacation from the start and an extra week at Christmas. These perks are not worth the politics, lack of job security, a toxic work culture and the bureaucracy that fills the offices.
Great people to work with
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2017
My experience working at McGill was very rewarding, I learned so many new things and met some amazing people who I am still in contact with today. I enjoyed my job very much, it was challenging and I was always busy.
Pros
The people I worked with
Great place for students to work part time to get a foothold in the workplace
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Montreal Quebec10 May 2017
I worked in dry and wet labs during my work at McGill. I had to meet strict deadlines and work efficiently to meet them. However, the atmosphere in the lab was relaxed and geared towards not only getting results but also towards teaching students and helping them develop as young engineers. The most enjoyable part of the work was theorizing why some experiments did not give us the results we expected.
Good
Summer Research Student (Former Employee) –  McGill, QC8 May 2017
Very good principal investigator
Learned many lab technics such as cell culture, cell separation, whole tissue fixation, histology, immunofluorescence
Very demanding laboratory
Ambiance de travail très agréable
Stage de recherche ingénieur (Former Employee) –  Montreal CANADA5 May 2017
Ambiance de travail très agréable, personnes de nationalité et horizons différentes
Work culture was fine. There was problem of communications.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2017
Work culture was fine. A typical work day was not stressful. Hardest part was the problem of communications. Everyday challenge and research work was enjoyable.
Nice place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 April 2017
Labs are well equipped. Peoples are fantastic. Resources in terms of equipment and persons are available. Very good work-life balance. Rules and regulations are the only barrier in terms of administrative execution.
Student Competition
Skate Transmission Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 April 2017
It was a student competition where multiple people competed. SNC-Lavalin was involved and you had to be like consultant and propose the best solution for the task.
Good place to grow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada18 April 2017
I have worked there for more than 6 months. It is a good place to learn new techniques and explore different areas. My supervisor encouraged me to work on my own ideas.
Good opportunities for advancing knowledge as an undergraduate
Laboratory Helper (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 April 2017
Working in the labs of McGill University provides a great refresher for students during the summer. The manager that I worked with provided great training and clear expectations of work that needed to be done. He was also very understanding when it came to personal issues experienced by his employees.
Pros
Nice people, opportunity to advance learning