McGill University

McGill University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A student researcher
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 7, 2015
The research environment is quite open and tech centered. The mechanical department is elite and well managed. The researches are state of art.
Good way to get paid fast, but very tiresome and lots of work!
INVIGILATOR (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 3, 2015
The supervisors are very friendly. Unfortunately, the job is not publicized well, so fewer people than needed work, so most of the time everyone receives overtime. It's a benefit, but highly stressful as invigilations start at 7:00am and can end after 6:00pm. As a graduate student, working a full day while completing course requirements or teaching can be challenging and tiresome.
The work environment in broadband communications group here in the department of ECE in McGill University is awesome.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 29, 2015
I work as a postdoctoral fellow under the supervision of Prof. Tho Le-Ngoc. At present, I am working on device-to-device communications, where the devices are capable of harvesting renewable energies from the environment. I develop algorithms to optimize the system resources with the help of optimization and machine learning tools. I enjoy working with our professor as well as with fellow colleagues.
Fun work environment
Member of the Concrete Canoe (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 9, 2015
We works as a team to build a canoe out of concrete. I've learned how to use different materials to mix concrete. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the different ratios in order to make sure the canoe is strong enough but at the same time, it can float.
Ensure exam processes and procedures are adhered to
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 5, 2015
Pros: I can study during exams
Cons: It isnt as frequent as i would like it to be
The job is not frequent as I am only required when students are writing exams. I set up examinations hall after receiving the exams. I register all students, ensure they are settled in and attend to any questions or issues. We are normally paired to ensure that the hall never left unattended to.
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 15, 2015
Helpful colleagues and supervisor
Gained experience using different laboratory instruments. Co-workers were amazing and friendly. Relaxed place to work where you are exposed to different challenges and learn from them
Research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), MontrealFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work.
Administration complicated
To long to get first paycheck, waited 2 months and a half due to problems with paper work
Great university with lots going on.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 9, 2015
Enjoyed my postdoctoral research working for in a dynamic research facility. Good staff and coworkers with new equipments and infrastructure to support innovative research.
Great place for grad school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecNovember 20, 2014
I learned a great deal about research. My communication skills increased greatly through oral presentations and written work (e.g., publications). I learned a great deal due to close ties with industry partners. This resulted in my obtaining very practical experience along side my degree.
Good Money
Referee (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecNovember 18, 2014
Referee intramural hockey. In charge of player safety and ensuring that the game runs smoothly. Good money and good league.
Good work place
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Montreal, QcNovember 7, 2014

Good work place and colleagues.
you do this because you like it
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 30, 2014
it's fun to teach young kids about science and I enjoy it, not because of its pay.
Great environment to broaden your skills
GIS Analyst-Programmer | Research assistant (Former Employee), Montreal CanadaOctober 21, 2014
Great environment to broaden your skills and work amongst eminent researchers.
Health care assistant for human or animal
Animal Care Worker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: rather not to work in a group
Cons: i can learn fast and willing to take over or help other to accomplish the task
I have a tendency to work for people who are not able to do daily tasks as well as animals. My goal is to make it easier for them to do tasks and make some small changes in their life. That will be my dream job as a person to give attention love and care for those needed.
Great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
Great. love working there. Love working for McGill University Faculty of Science
Flexible hours, constructive and supportive environment
Intramural soccer coordinator and head referee (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay, flexible hours
Part time work included hours that fit with school schedule, working mainly on weeknights and weekends. Duties included setting up matches and effectively managing the games while in progress. As a coordinator, my job included weekly consultation with the department head, as well as frequent communication with co-workers with regards to schedule writing and game management. While coordination required almost constant connection to the job, it also enhanced my time management and communication skills.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 21, 2014
the Research at McGill University structural Lab was productive.
Review
Transportation Design Project: Team Leader (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 15, 2014
I had the pleasure to graduate and work at McGill University. I met lots of people in my field.
Research intensive
Testing Research Project (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 26, 2014
Required course for Behavioral Science majors at McGill University. Research intensive, learn how to build a reliable & valid questionnaire for psychology assessments.
Good job but poor management
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2014
Was a great experience working with animals in research...Amazing co-workers...unfortunately developed allergies.

1 2 3 4

About McGill University

McGill University is a public research university located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The university bears the name of James – Read more