McGill University Health Centre

McGill University Health Centre Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great friends
Cons: lots of overtime
I worked in the operating room and it was a fantastic place to work. The people are very friendly and I made tons of friends that I will stay friends with for most of my life. My boss was extremely fair and if you needed a day off, you got it, no questions asked. I would recommend working there to anyone.
A place where making a difference is important.
Research Nurse (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCMay 6, 2014
In 2008, I was blessed to join an amazing Vaccine Study Centre team at the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal, where I had the privilege to work as a Research Nurse. I found very fulfilling the experience of being part of a team that made a difference in the community by improving infant, children, and adult health. Being part of a team that – more... collaborated, encouraged, and supported each other as teammates was nourishing. I always hoped to find another company where this philosophy was part of the daily routine. I believe that in order to provide outstanding quality of care to our patients, it is very important to be recognized as a team member within an amazing organization. – less
Call Center
Operator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: unionized, job security, great for students
Cons: unionized, salary cap
Overall: 6/10

Very fast pace environment
40-50 calls per hour( most calls under 5 seconds)

Con: unionized, salary cap, no work parties,

Pro:Unionized, job security, great for students,
Relaxed work environment.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee), Montreal, QcApril 2, 2013
A typical day involves drafting memos and updating spread sheets. Processing orders for office and lab supplies was also part of my daily tasks. The environment is very relaxed.
The managers are easy to approach. Most of the staff is female and easy to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with patients and providing them with updates – more... regarding their procedures. – less