McGill University Health Centre Employee Reviews

Was fun and full of new experiences
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 15, 2016
Had a great team, I learned plenty during my stage/internship. Working in the hospital was fun. You would start off your day by looking through the support tickets and call users if you cannot solve the problem by calling you show up and fix it. There was a lot of upgrading of computer systems and creating and restoring data backups. Network problems arise which is bad, but is solved within resonable times.
Pros
good team, great people working at the hospital, most of them are very understanding.
Cons
don't really have any cons to talk about.
for the well being of the patient
Attendant in sterilization (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 27, 2016
share experiences and ensure good quality work, meet the needs of different departemants of the hospital, operating room. with my colleagues often a good atmosphere.
Fair company with great opportunities for advancement
Food Services Cashier/Managerial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. They were fair, listened to our issues, promoted good work ethics, and employed good, fun people.
A place where making a difference is important.
Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QCMay 6, 2014
In 2008, I was blessed to join an amazing Vaccine Study Centre team at the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal, where I had the privilege to work as a Research Nurse. I found very fulfilling the experience of being part of a team that made a difference in the community by improving infant, children, and adult health. Being part of a team that collaborated, encouraged, and supported each other as teammates was nourishing. I always hoped to find another company where this philosophy was part of the daily routine. I believe that in order to provide outstanding quality of care to our patients, it is very important to be recognized as a team member within an amazing organization.
Fun place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2014
I worked in the operating room and it was a fantastic place to work. The people are very friendly and I made tons of friends that I will stay friends with for most of my life. My boss was extremely fair and if you needed a day off, you got it, no questions asked. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
great friends
Cons
lots of overtime
Call Center
Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 10, 2014
Overall: 6/10

Very fast pace environment
40-50 calls per hour( most calls under 5 seconds)

Con: unionized, salary cap, no work parties,

Pro:Unionized, job security, great for students,
Pros
unionized, job security, great for students
Cons
unionized, salary cap
Productive and sometimes fun
Medical Secretary, Nuclear Medicine Department (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 15, 2013
Nice place to work, but no chance of improving position within department. Always learning new things !
Pros
free lunches sometimes

4.3