McDermott Employee Reviews

Preparation of Stress Analysis report
Preparation of data sheet for Valve and SP item
Co-workers
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miwlaukee14 November 2016
Very nice as the culture has diversity. Team work id the first priority at work.
they use fun and hard work to get an outcome. so they encourage each others.
I'm enjoying my colleage in time of work..
Structural Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Freezone7 November 2016
Hard work, yes about detailing and lofting, cuting list & Shop drawings regarding Structural works, review all AFC approved for construction and starting layout and make project model for our reference.
Hard core work place
Sr. HSE Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dubai Free Zone2 September 2016
Only for the tough guys not for weak hearted.
Strong safety culture.
Good training programs.
High work load.
Rule bound..unhappy and frientened work force.
Very strict.
Pros
Strong management systems
Cons
Overly Documentations. Poor work life balance.
MCDERMOTT company employees who are very concerned both in terms of safety, health and welfare.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Batam10 August 2016
I joined mcdermott as a welder since November 2008 and has already completed many major projects, such as WOODSIDE, CHEVERON, ESSO Gorgon AND PROJECT INPEX.
Not a pleasent place to work very political and bullying culture
Global talent manager (Former Employee) –  Global houston12 July 2016
Not a good place to work no loyalty to its employees and very unstable with executive leadership. A very harsh culture and no structure in the organization. Leadership is very wishy washy.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Pros
Good Experience
Pre-Commissioning / Commissioning Manager (Current Employee) –  青岛市30 June 2016
Managening the days jobs with the interaction with Top management and Client and planning for the weekly / monthly progress and meeting the schedule provided.

Being in different countries helped in understanding the people and work culture better.

Recognition from the top-management for the work achieved on time.

My co-workers in my team and the others were very co-operative and understanding.

Hardest part is communication with all in the local language.

Enjoyed my work to the full exent.
Pros
Wonderful Culture
Productive and interesting place to work at
Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 May 2016
Manage system and sub-system boundaries by utilizing Piping & Instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs),
Electrical Single Line Drawings, Fire & Gas, Telecommunication plans and Block Diagrams
Develop system precedence network to start mechanical completion and commissioning
Define and develop Inspections and Test Reports (ITR) for Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and
Telecommunication disciplines
Develop Project Information Management Systems (PIMS) procedure
Nightmare of my life
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX23 May 2016
Procurement is broken. They overwork all of the Buyers even to the point of making them sick and still having to come in while coughing on everybody. and never make a process improvement suggestion because they will blacklist you. Oh, and never report management on any ethics violations because they will just fire you. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.
I could take a long lunch if i wanted
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX4 May 2016
its a good place to work but I wouldn't try to make it a career theirs really no management and people pretty much do what they want and they put all the pressure on the welder the welder has to constantly work extremely hard for low pay and they constantly rush you plus it has to be perfect witch I don't mind if I'm getting perfect money witch they were no where near paying they paid me 14.00 till my last two weeks then they fired me when I finished the contract and they kept the people who where doing nothing but standing around and paid them more than the person whos actually doing the job and no-one did anything about it their was guys having long conversations and some guy would clock in and go to sleep but instead of saying anything to them they would come and rush me to finish my job and then tell me to help them do their jobs it was very frustrating at times but I managed to get the job done as I always do
Cons
a lot of work not enough pay
Productive and fun working
Associate Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu11 April 2016
Very good company to work.Knowledge sharing is very good. Colleagues are very supportive. Department Managers and leads are very supportive and approachable.
Good Company but lost the competitivenes
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toa Payoh14 March 2016
Big name in the industry but the Top management seems not sure how to create opportunity in South East Asia.
Otherwise a company that you can learn a lot of things, expose to multi culture and I have a good co workers and direct supervisor.
Pros
Cons
Lost the competitivenes
Boutique/specialty practice law firm, well connected
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA29 February 2016
McDermott, Quilty & Miller is a great place to learn the basics of transactional practice. They represent mainly bar and restaurant owners in the Greater Boston Area.
Good place to work...
Welder (Former Employee) –  Amelia, LA22 February 2016
Good place to work...
Stayed busy...
Good work atmosphere...
Heard they moved their operation to Mexico.
I wish they were still here.
Productive and great place to work
Associate Crew Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX15 December 2015
Very friendly employee. Comfortable workplace. I learned a lot. Management is great! Limited supervision. Can get work done without being disturbed.
Pros
Gym inside the building to workout
Company with Quality, Safety, Process and System
HOOK-UP / COMMISSIONING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Freezone, DU30 November 2015
It is a big oppurtunity to work with this company which having ethics, quality, safety, system and process.
I gained and enjoy lot of things which i thought in my previous company i already known lot of things but it's not.
productive and fun at work place
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DU26 October 2015
it was realy agood experience for me to work at mc dermott am its really very productive we can enhance our skills and potential
Pros
free accomadation
Cons
Productive and learned so much as project secretary
Project Secretary to Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DU30 July 2015
McDermott is a good company, I learned a lot regarding, my work as a project secretary, improved my ability, values, and personality.

The management is good, my co-workers are very cooperative, responsible and we have lots of good work relationships.
Pros
benefits, insurance, leave, yearly tickets, bonuses
Productive and hard worker
Senior Estimator (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DU1 April 2015
Work start from 8am to 5.30 pm and there is half an hour flexibility.
I've learned many new ways of achieving the work with the rule of do it right time first time.
The management there is friendly and the co workers as well.
The hardest part of the job is the commitment as if you have a submission there is no excuse.
I have enjoyed every minute of working in McDermott.
Rigging Forman (Current Employee) –  JEBEL ALI1 April 2015
Reports functionally to the Senior Rigging Supervisor or the Fabrication Rigging Department. Responsible to set and apply standards of Safety and Quality relative project requirements, reading and understanding Rigging Drawings, Project specifications and Rigging Procedures. Provide the Leaderman with the drawings and information required to do the work.
I enjoy the challenge of building relationship with people both within the company and outside. When I handle the issues, I emphasize the positive points rather than negative and concentrate more on professional trails.
Pros
FREE LUNCH, TRANSPORT
Cons
LONG HOURS