McDermott

McDermott Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't work there
Supervisor / Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2014
Not stable place to work in. If you know management then you are in good shape, otherwise it is horrible.
Typical Day in Process Engineer
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUApril 21, 2014
Pros: good experieince, knowledge developedd, high responsibility
Cons: poor working hours, poor schedules
Typical day in the office comprises of the following activities:

- Enter the office around 08h00, check emails.
- Between 09h00 - 11h00, I will be address client clarifications and other discipline clarifications. Resolve problems with other discipline engineers.
- Between 11h00- 12h00, I will work on P&ID, PFD developments, Equipment and line sizing, – more... Vendor datasheet updation, review RFQs and supervise other engineers.

Between 12h00-13h00 -Lunch time
Between 13h00 - 14h00 - Have client meeting, discipline meeting, vendor meetings.
Between 14h00 - 18h00 - Further design developments take place, calculations performed, scheduled reviewed, reports prepared, and submitted.

After 18h00, we leave for home. (that on a good day)

on a bad day, we stay overtime to come the work activities, – less
Best Place to Grow up
Document Controller (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMarch 1, 2014
allways been busy at work with the fast moving projects we have. friendly and helpful personals have helped me grow up in my career, there has been very tough times, hard work to full fill the requirements of the job, at the end of the day feel so happy for all the hard work done, it's so enjoyable to see the best result.
y
supervisor (Former Employee), middle east jabal ali.February 15, 2014
At mcdermott all Jr.Levels are always pressurized and the name of safety is just for showing actually in field project superintendents are indirectly pressurizing field people to do mistakes while working.
It is resulting in accidents in yard, fi such thing happened all are finding target to blame for the accidents, and main cause behind the accidents – more... is hidden.
In my service i have witness many accidents and seen targets
being thrown out of company.
project engineers improper planning is always the reason for extra man hours needed for projects.
Truth about the Mcdermott History is only Asian peoples are being victims of action. not seen any European or superintendent
terminated for any accidents.
As they are the safest out there.
This is story of jabal ali mcdermott plant. – less
Well paid but seasonal stress unhealthy
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: the communications department is set up to produce a wide variety of materials.
Cons: understaffed and un-guided direction from unscheduled overtime and undue stress
The work was challenging and I was able to interface with several departments within the company. The upper management was at times very hard to work with and often gave a disjointed direction on projects they championed.
I am working in Mcdermott International from last 2 years. The company is good as per job is concerned.
Hook Up Piping Engineer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 14, 2013
Pros: offshore allowances
Cons: in offshore very long hours.
1) In offshore our job hours are long but got good focus to learn so many things.
2) Learned how to deal with the clients and Work force.
3) Management is good.
4)Co-workers are supportive.
5)To-coordinate with Engineering department regarding drawing discrepancies.
6) Directly involve in Job with all aspect.
Great place to work.
Patent Secretary (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: work schedule change
One of the premier lawfirms in DC. I have gather a lot of experience from this firm.
Productive and Harmonious working environment
Senior PR Assistant (Former Employee), Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, UAEJuly 31, 2013
A highly recommended company, with high tech facilities and world renowned talented and professional employees.
MWE
Account Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2013
A fast-paced work environment that presents many challenges, amd leads to a sense of accomplishment when our team executes at a high level.
First Big Firm Experience
Paralegal Coordinator - Litigation Specialist (Former Employee), New York CityApril 3, 2013
Pros: travel
My first matter at McDermott was a 12 week criminal trial in downtown Toledo, Ohio. I learned fast that I had to think on my feet and not rely on a lot of resource that are usually available.
one of the best jobs ever worked on, great people and learnt alot
Welders T/A (Former Employee), Dampier WAFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: good rooster, great food, good people
Cons: job was to short
co-workers where great, the older guys taught me a lot about the pipeline industry and welding in general. Management gave me the chance to learn how to Set up pipe before they put the bead run in, also how to operate the line up station.
Sole paralegal in the Employee Benefits division of the Tax Department
Corporate Employee Benefits Paralegal (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: none that i can think of.
This job enabled me to learn about the field of Employee Benefits and the tax preparation for filings. Excellent attorneys to work with.
Bad company
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Amelia, LAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: nothings good
Cons: poor management and favoritism plays a role there
You can work today and layoff tomorrow, the management is poor that's y they can't get the work or workers when they have work
every thing is good but pushing or cheating isaw every where in this company rules just on the board no one follow the rules and ragulations
welder (Current Employee), jafzaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
good butt not suitable for me with salary . company takes progress too much and gives us noting in the shape of cheap salary . and i have no time for wasting .
Wide range of oportunity available
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 12, 2012
Opportunity to take up higher role as well as different role and i found it interesting and challanging. And of course at the same time it enrich our experience.
单位管理属于完全美资企业管理
建造完工及调试主管 (Current Employee), 青岛,batamMay 1, 2014
Pros: 英文环境
Cons: 一人多职
但是一人多职,薪水与付出不符.