McDermott Employee Reviews

Good Company but lost the competitivenes
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toa PayohMarch 14, 2016
Big name in the industry but the Top management seems not sure how to create opportunity in South East Asia.
Otherwise a company that you can learn a lot of things, expose to multi culture and I have a good co workers and direct supervisor.
Pros
Cons
Lost the competitivenes
I could take a long lunch if i wanted
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2016
its a good place to work but I wouldn't try to make it a career theirs really no management and people pretty much do what they want and they put all the pressure on the welder the welder has to constantly work extremely hard for low pay and they constantly rush you plus it has to be perfect witch I don't mind if I'm getting perfect money witch they were no where near paying they paid me 14.00 till my last two weeks then they fired me when I finished the contract and they kept the people who where doing nothing but standing around and paid them more than the person whos actually doing the job and no-one did anything about it their was guys having long conversations and some guy would clock in and go to sleep but instead of saying anything to them they would come and rush me to finish my job and then tell me to help them do their jobs it was very frustrating at times but I managed to get the job done as I always do
Cons
a lot of work not enough pay
Good Experience
Pre-Commissioning / Commissioning Manager (Current Employee) –  青岛市June 30, 2016
Managening the days jobs with the interaction with Top management and Client and planning for the weekly / monthly progress and meeting the schedule provided.

Being in different countries helped in understanding the people and work culture better.

Recognition from the top-management for the work achieved on time.

My co-workers in my team and the others were very co-operative and understanding.

Hardest part is communication with all in the local language.

Enjoyed my work to the full exent.
Pros
Wonderful Culture
Productive and interesting place to work at
Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
Manage system and sub-system boundaries by utilizing Piping & Instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs),
Electrical Single Line Drawings, Fire & Gas, Telecommunication plans and Block Diagrams
Develop system precedence network to start mechanical completion and commissioning
Define and develop Inspections and Test Reports (ITR) for Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and
Telecommunication disciplines
Develop Project Information Management Systems (PIMS) procedure
Nightmare of my life
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
Procurement is broken. They overwork all of the Buyers even to the point of making them sick and still having to come in while coughing on everybody. and never make a process improvement suggestion because they will blacklist you. Oh, and never report management on any ethics violations because they will just fire you. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.
Not a pleasent place to work very political and bullying culture
Global talent manager (Former Employee) –  Global houstonJuly 12, 2016
Not a good place to work no loyalty to its employees and very unstable with executive leadership. A very harsh culture and no structure in the organization. Leadership is very wishy washy.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Pros
Productive and great place to work
Associate Crew Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
Very friendly employee. Comfortable workplace. I learned a lot. Management is great! Limited supervision. Can get work done without being disturbed.
Pros
Gym inside the building to workout
Cons
Productive and learned so much as project secretary
Project Secretary to Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUJuly 30, 2015
McDermott is a good company, I learned a lot regarding, my work as a project secretary, improved my ability, values, and personality.

The management is good, my co-workers are very cooperative, responsible and we have lots of good work relationships.
Pros
benefits, insurance, leave, yearly tickets, bonuses
Productive and fun working
Associate Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduApril 11, 2016
Very good company to work.Knowledge sharing is very good. Colleagues are very supportive. Department Managers and leads are very supportive and approachable.
productive and fun at work place
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUOctober 26, 2015
it was realy agood experience for me to work at mc dermott am its really very productive we can enhance our skills and potential
Pros
free accomadation
Cons
Dirty politics and lack of transperency
Sr Accountant (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 21, 2015
People in this company are focused on politics than performance.
Management of the company is focused more on deliverables only
Salary package is competitive and above the industry standard
Pros
good salary packages
Cons
not a good working environment esp in accounting and finance
Boutique/specialty practice law firm, well connected
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 29, 2016
McDermott, Quilty & Miller is a great place to learn the basics of transactional practice. They represent mainly bar and restaurant owners in the Greater Boston Area.
Good place to work...
Welder (Former Employee) –  Amelia, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Good place to work...
Stayed busy...
Good work atmosphere...
Heard they moved their operation to Mexico.
I wish they were still here.
Terrible Management
Responsible to Project Controls Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2015
No Job security! Current management of planning in project controls is terrible. Other then that company seems decent just needs more work. Right now not a healthy environment.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
current management of project controls terrible
Company with Quality, Safety, Process and System
HOOK-UP / COMMISSIONING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Freezone, DUNovember 30, 2015
It is a big oppurtunity to work with this company which having ethics, quality, safety, system and process.
I gained and enjoy lot of things which i thought in my previous company i already known lot of things but it's not.
I have enjoyed every minute of working in McDermott.
Rigging Forman (Current Employee) –  JEBEL ALIApril 1, 2015
Reports functionally to the Senior Rigging Supervisor or the Fabrication Rigging Department. Responsible to set and apply standards of Safety and Quality relative project requirements, reading and understanding Rigging Drawings, Project specifications and Rigging Procedures. Provide the Leaderman with the drawings and information required to do the work.
I enjoy the challenge of building relationship with people both within the company and outside. When I handle the issues, I emphasize the positive points rather than negative and concentrate more on professional trails.
Pros
FREE LUNCH, TRANSPORT
Cons
LONG HOURS
I am working in Mcdermott International from last 2 years. The company is good as per job is concerned.
Hook Up Piping Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUAugust 14, 2013
1) In offshore our job hours are long but got good focus to learn so many things.
2) Learned how to deal with the clients and Work force.
3) Management is good.
4)Co-workers are supportive.
5)To-coordinate with Engineering department regarding drawing discrepancies.
6) Directly involve in Job with all aspect.
Pros
offshore allowances
Cons
in offshore very long hours.
Excellent HSE Environment
Principal HSES Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUFebruary 7, 2015
Top class HSES Management culture implementation. Working since last 13 years in the company. Due to drop in oil prices company is undergoing rationalisation.
Productive and hard worker
Senior Estimator (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUApril 1, 2015
Work start from 8am to 5.30 pm and there is half an hour flexibility.
I've learned many new ways of achieving the work with the rule of do it right time first time.
The management there is friendly and the co workers as well.
The hardest part of the job is the commitment as if you have a submission there is no excuse.
Health Safety, Environment & Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Free ZoneFebruary 4, 2015
Driven EPC contractor with high standards of management commitment to project execution.
Balanced approach on productivity, safety & quality.
Preference for employee accountability towards safety.