McCormick Canada Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working there
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2017
The company when bankrupt in 2006. I worked as a mechanic mostly 7 days a week.It was a good place to work. I lived close to work so it was a good thing
Mccormck is a good pkace to work kn my opinion magment is not great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
Between hours and trying g to have a family is hard working there but the pay and benefits are good but I think they wrongfully fire some people sometimes and don't fire the people that needed to be fired
Excellent working environment
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2017
Good working environment for all stages of employers. Well managed secured place. Their canteen is very clean and well equipped. Perfect working place for night shift worker.
Great
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 January 2017
This is a great place to work. The only reason I left is due to pay scale when I was there was not equal. I had an hour to drive so I got a job closer to home. In hind sight I should have stayed here
Productive and fun work place
Technician - Product Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2016
I enjoyed working at McCormick. It is a productive and fun work place. I enjoyed working with sensory evaluations.

It is a fast paced environment that is challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Professional workplace environment
Cons
contract work
fun work space, helpful coworkers, clean space, predictive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2016
Mccormick is a fun and very clean work space, the coworkers are nice and very understanding. when i was unsure what to do i was able to ask a question without being worried. i learned to become a Machine Operator and also a Assisted Line maintainer.
Pros
Great pay, Great hours
Cons
Early mornings
Fast pace and so much fun!
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2015
Due to having family working here, I am able to work at this company every summer I am in school. They are a very amazing company. Hard work, but very rewarding! Everyone is very fun, nice and accommodating!
Good company
Finance Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2015
Good company to work for. Cares about the employees. Allows for development through Multiple Management Board. Good work life balance.
Great summer job
Stockroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 September 2014
I was only there for about 6 months (I took a temporary position before returning to school), but it was a good job -- the company seemed well organized, my supervisors were friendly, professional, and a pleasure to work with. It was essentially just what I was looking for in a summer job; no qualms at all.
Good place to work and learn, but management is out of touch.
QA Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 November 2013
Typical Day:
I begin the day by communicating with the technicians from the previous shift to learn about ongoing issues or outstanding tests that need to be completed. I then take 10 or 15 minutes to go around to all the work stations and clean/restock/calibrate them to make sure they are ready for my shift. I then step in for the technicians from the previous shift as they are leaving and communicate any important information they may have told me to the other technician I am working with when they arrive. After this point, the rest of the night is taken up with collecting samples, testing them, and then entering the results into the system. Some samples need their testing rushed and some fail the tests and must be dealt with accordingly.

What I Learn:
Every day I get a little better at everything. I figure out ways to manage my time better as well as improving my speed and accuracy with the various tests.
As more and more issues come up, I slowly learn how to deal with them better so that I will eventually be able to solve them without the help of a more experienced technician.

Management:
Direct management is excellent, but higher-up management has no idea what actually goes on in the workplace and just keeps imposing pointless new rules and regulations that do nothing but make the job more difficult.

Co-Workers:
Friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They are always willing to help me out and teach me when there's something I don't know.

Hardest Part of the Job:
The hardest part of the job is learning. The job is a very poor environment to learn in
  more... because no time is set aside for it. Work is always coming in and the technicians are always behind. Stopping to teach someone how to do something will put the shift even further behind. Eventually, a point is reached where you know enough that the other technician can cover your few remaining blind spots so that taking the time to teach you how to do something isn't worth the time lost. It can be very frustrating trying to get those last few important bits of training.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
I most enjoy the sense of satisfaction at the end of the shift. You get to look back and see all the samples that you've tested and you can really see just how much you've accomplished that shift.
Pros
A lot to learn, a lot of responsibility
Cons
Frustrating management decisions, hard to find time to learn.
mccormick canada
Line Operator/supplier (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2012
a typical day at work consists of supplying the line with product. i have learned how to supply the lines, service the line as well as change overs to other products and bottles. I get positive feedback from management and co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new and changing tasks everyday
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
im a temperary employee