McCloskey International

McCloskey International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed the work but nothing else about the place.
Crusher Assembler (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible management, didn't care about their employees
Management of different areas all work against each other instead of with each other making things run slowly.

Hostile work environment with cliques, especially in my area. If you didn't make fun of everyone that the boss wasn't "friends" with you were basically an outcast.
Busy environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free rent for the first three months.
Cons: unpaid extra time.
Everyday was different in this workplace. I enjoyed the variety of work I had no day was the same. Moving from Ireland to work in Canada was an ambition I fulfilled and gaining experience with an international company was a bonus.
The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking to dealers across the world and meeting their needs and requirements with – more... ease. – less
work hard
Draftsman (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 5, 2013
start the day working hard with team to complete production and get machines built
Not worth the time
Welder (Former Employee), Peterborough onyMarch 6, 2013
Cons: the whole thing is a con.
It cost me money to work there! Went for orientation and was given a list of tools required for the job. After spending over a grand and working for one week, they laid off a bunch of us welders. Then paid 2$ an hour less than what I was told at the interview. Pure BS. STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU'RE DESPERATE!
Solid manufacturing environment
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Peterborough , OntarioNovember 2, 2012
Pros: health & safety record / scope for personal & career advancment
McCloskey International is a great place to work. It provides good stable employmnet to close on 300 employees in the Peterborough area. It is a privilage to be part of the team here which manufacture and ship crushing & screening equipment to all corners of the globe.

The area ( Peterborough Co. ) & province ( Ontario ) should be proud of the fact – more... that the local workforce can have their expertise and hard work reach all corners of the globe. – less

February 1, 2013

no union. no apprenticeship. YOUR STUCK THERE FOREVER. Give the workers a break and make every workers wage equal and liveable.

long hot day at a dead end job
Welder/fitter (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: over time available
Cons: no apprenticeship, no union
alot of work for little money. do not be fooled by the interview, average wage is $16.00/hour. Over time is always available. It is extremely hot in the summer. cultural values are low to non existant, much racism, harassment. Not good value for your time