McCain Foods USA

McCain Foods USA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Broken moral of employees
Shift Safety Coach (Current Employee), Easton, MEFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: health insurance and many other incentives
Cons: always short on employees and most people dont like there jobs.
A lot of people don't like there jobs the turn over rate is really high.
Private Company with can do attitude
Global SAP Business Process Expert MRP and PP (Current Employee), Lisle IllinoisDecember 20, 2013
McCain Foods has been an extremely gratifying experience to apply the can do attitude. We truly believe in the idea of failing and trying is okay but failing to try is not okay.
Great company
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee), Burley, IDOctober 14, 2013
Potato processing plant in Burley, Idaho. There are over 600 employees.
VP Sales for Retail and Store Brand Frozen Potatoes
Vice President Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2013
Pros: national exposure to key retailers
Cons: limited new item development
Responsible for sales and profits of store brand potatoes. Established new customer base following the purchase of a facility in the Western US.

Responsible for establishing and growing a new branded entry in the Northeast and the Midwest. Reported the first profit in the history of any company brand.
n/a
Trade Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Lisle, ILOctober 9, 2013
Good group of people to work with. Learned several new systems - AS400, SAP, Blacksmith and more.
Not a good paying job for my experience,work history and schooling.Does not allow overtime and lots of shut downs.
Maintenance/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good insurance
Cons: to many broken promises
Get moved from job to job different pays, not good. Learned how to run my own line and supervise. And how the business works. Also do QC inspections. Manage several employees on my line and make sure they are trained and doing they're job properly.
Company and culture is very good
I have 5 years Experience in Power System Engineer (Current Employee), GJSeptember 29, 2013
Working culture is bad,
Management is not good,
Work and life not Balance.
management disconnect
cold room forklift operator (Former Employee), packaging dept.September 20, 2013
Pros: just a good company to work for in my living area
Cons: the common battle over production numbers, and front office safety procedures.
I think McCain Foods was a great place to work , the pay is good , great hours, good benefits, always generous with holiday down time. good people, the only issue i had with the plant is there is no printed copies of handbooks to confirm company policies, The front office has one set of policies, And production has there own procedures, the two conflict, – more... and in my case, i was stuck in the middle, unaware of what the front office had set for driving policies – less
Was fun and challenging working.
MRO Attendent (Former Employee), Plover, WISeptember 18, 2013
Was fun and sometimes challenging working with maintenance to find parts. With new people it was a challenge to myself to try and find a part that was used on a machine in the old system and then to be able to find it in the new system.

There were many things to keep up with during the day. Things were always changing. There were repairs to be sent – more... out, charge outs to be done, Helping our new lead worker showing her how things were done. – less
Decent Wages and benefits
Maintenance Mechanic, Packaging Support (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 19, 2013
The wages are comparable to local companies. Co-workers are knowledgeable and trained. I served my WI Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship.
Factory setting
Prime Fryer Operator (Former Employee), burleyAugust 18, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: being hurt also not being abel to attend college with my work schedule
A typical day at work was something always had to go wrong with the machines that were being operated I had to react in these situations at a very high speed at the same time being as safe around my work area as possible. I most enjoyed knowing I was cooking a product that would reach the entire world something that was way bigger than me.
No comment
Engineering Buyer / Store management (Former Employee), Delmas, MPJuly 2, 2013
Loved working for the company but because of circumstances I had to leave
A very productive company
Machine Operative / Leading Hand (Former Employee), HullJune 19, 2013
In all the years I worked for McCains i feel they were a productive company and i enjoyed my time working there.
Engineeri
Maintenance Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Wombourn, ENGJune 16, 2013
I am responsible for Maintenance Engineering and Production improvement projects across the Wombourne site, including…
- Managing the Maintenance Engineering department (30 Supervisors & Engineers),
- Controlling Engineering revenue budgets totalling £1.2m,
- Creating, justifying and implementing Engineering productivity improvements and cost saving – more... projects,
- Responsibility for improving Engineering uptime (greater than 97%),
- Ensuring the Engineering department complies with all current food hygiene requirements and involvement with external food hygiene auditors, and;
- Liasing with Central Engineering and other McCain sites on engineering issues. – less
Great place to gain skills for other jobs
Poly Operator (Former Employee), Houlton, MEApril 28, 2013
Pros: ability to buy product at a big discount
Cons: the hours, since it was not forty hours a week
Learned that if you worked hard, supervisors and managers notice and move a person around a lot more. Most of the co-workers were nice and friendly and knew each other quite well. The part I disliked about this job was the drive. The part I liked most about this job was the friendliness of everyone who worked there.
Material Support/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fort Atkinson, WIApril 10, 2013
Pros: hours, wages
Cons: costly health insurance
Multi task jobs, learned how to drive a forklift.
Help breaking people on diffrent jobs.
Great job security and Lots of overtime
Maintenance (Current Employee), Appleton, WisconsinMarch 31, 2013
All in all McCain Appleton is a very good place to work you have good job security but work alot. 12 on 2 off is the norm.
Management claimed open door policy, never saw it.
Quality Control (Former Employee), Plover, WIMarch 9, 2013
Pros: decent wages
Cons: 12 hour shift, uncaring managers
The pay was good. Like any plant, there were co-workers that were not always pleasant. Management was not readily available. The 12 hour shifts were the hardest part, my co-workers the most enjoyable part.
Great place to work, Good people and fast paced environment
Sanitation Supervisor, CPFM (Current Employee), Othello, WAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: great management team, good benefits, safe work environment
Cons: long hours, large workload, poor advancement for sanitation field
Managing 40 sanitors over 4 x 12 hour shifts in a plant that produces up to 2 million lbs of finished product a day seemed a huge step up from where I was 5 years ago. McCain took a chance on me, and I feel I have delivered and then some. I have been given the opportunity to further develop my skill set, as well as build a sanitation program for the – more... facility from scratch.
McCain has great people power with a wealth of knowledge in their field. I also think McCain leads the way in safety improvments and process safety management in their industry. I am always proud to talk about how well we are doing with our TIR, and that is such an important aspect. Probably the hardest part of the job is the constant change. This is a positive attribute, but an enviroment of constant change is hard to get comfortable in. It is definitely not a place for someone who is stuck in their ways, or someone who does not possess a teachable spirit and a flexible demeanor. A usual day for me starts early and ends late. Meetings, emails, calls, training, vendors, plant audits, long term project progress, and new projects or demands developing on an hourly basis that need immediate attention. You are never bored. You also never taste that fleeting moment where you feel accomplishment. There is always more to do, and the low hanging fruit was picked years ago!
The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I have made over the years, and the respect I have earned from my colleagues. I also love to see the plant clean and smelling good, and I think I have done a great job at imparting the importance of sanitation, hygiene and food safety to the employees at McCain during my tenure. I hope your experience is half as good as mine. – less
productive structured work place.
Forklift operator, ADR operator (Former Employee), Burley, IDJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: medical benefits and 401k
Cons: system for abscenses and procedures for dealing with those.
McCains was a very structured work place based on team work and saftey. In this position I learned mechanical basics for repairing and trouble shooting equipment, as well as how to operate forkilfts, unloading equipment and large trucks. My co-workers were very helpful in assisting with problems as well as helping to learn new skills. This job was physicaly – more... demanding but after learning more about it the challenges were enjoyable. – less

About McCain Foods USA

No small-fry, McCain Foods is the #1 French fry maker in the world, processing about 1 million pounds of fries and other potato – Read more