Our client, an Oil & Gas service company, is an industry leader in the multi-disciplinary geomatic services for a variety of industries including oil & gas, construction, engineering, land development and governmental. Our client has been the geomatic services provider of choice for over forty years in the Alberta market.
Our client is looking for an experienced and self motivated HR Generalist to join their team. This is a an opportunity to use technology and social media along with other means to source talented and qualified individuals for a variety of both technical and non-technical roles throughout Canada.
Are you innovative and think outside the box, do you find creative ways to sources previously out of reach quality talent? Do you thrive at prioritizing and managing changing priorities as well as being extremely organized and outgoing? This role is perfect for someone who is a go-getter, a self-starter, and is motivated by increasing the means of sourcing new quality talent and building strong and trusting relationship with hiring managers. If you have excellent knowledge of recruiting best practices and of recruiting tools and are always looking to expend your repertoire of tools to increase efficiency and attract more talent in the Oil & Gas Services industry, this opportunity would be fantastic for you!
This individual will be responsible finding qualified talent with minimal supervision and guidance. More specifically, this role will:
- Review current systems, workflows and process, make recommendations for improvements in efficiencies and engage in change management initiatives
- Research, develop and implement recruitment initiative to attract quality talent in a variety of roles for locations across Canada
- Foster, develop and maintain relationships with all hiring managers
- Effectively screen and interview applicants to assess behaviour and personality for internal and external candidates in a variety of technical and non-technical disciplines
- Effectively source new applicants and maintain the applicant database
- Effectively market the company’s employment brand across its Canadian regions
- Draft and manage attractive and motivating job ads
- Research new ways to source applicants and attract quality talent
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- A very high level of credibility and strong ability to develop trusting relationships and work with others
- 5 years of proven recruiting success in the oil & gas services industry
- Post secondary education in Human Resources
- A CHRP designation or working towards one an asset
- Knowledge of and experience using social media as recruitment aid
- Knowledge of recruiting best practices and of recruiting tools and techniques
- Experience developing strategies, sourcing, networking and a variety of assessment tools
- Proven ability in the development and delivery of behavioural and competency based interviews
- Above average computer literacy and the ability to learn new software, sites and databases very quickly
- Very strong people skills, must be dynamic, engaging and approachable
- Ability to travel up to 20% (valid passport and driver’s license)
Our client’s culture is non-corporate, fast paced, team orientated and focused on providing industry leading service. They believe strongly in supporting employees and providing a positive and rewarding work environment.
If you meet or exceed the requirements for this position, please forward your resume in confidence and indicate the reference code REC-0314 in the subject line of your email.
All resumes will be retained for the duration of the recruit only; all resumes will be destroyed immediately following candidate selection. Personal information is reviewed by senior managers only, kept in strict confidence and used only for the purposes of scheduling interviews. By forwarding your resume and/or application for the position you signify your acceptance of these terms.