As a prominent Interior Design firm in the hospitality industry, McMillan Design is looking to grow their team to support the growing needs and changing concepts of the design world. We are currently looking for an Intermediate Interior Designer with a minimum of 7 years of experience in the design field. We are looking for a leader and mentor in design with great communication and organizational skills; someone who is looking for a challenge in our fast-paced studio. If you are someone who has strong creative skills and ideas with an aptitude for concept development, materials and finishes and a desire to use those skills in both hospitality and residential applications, then McMillan Design is the place for you.
- Responsible for conceptual design and design development of interior projects under the direction of, or in coordination with Senior Designers.
- Assess Client’s needs and present viable, creative solutions.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with clients, suppliers, vendors and contractors.
- Create and conceptualize design ideas utilizing a broad scope of design styles.
- Produce and present design packages to clients in a clear, professional and effective manner.
- Create and manage specification packages for multiple concepts and projects.
- Degree or Diploma in Interior Design.
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team; with both colleagues and clients.
- Organizational skills – proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects, priorities and workflows on schedule and within budget.
- Experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry is an asset but not a requirement.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and float between multiple projects at any given time, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and creativity.
- High degree of leadership skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and peers. Able to work cooperatively with supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload.