Clinique d’Optométrie McLeod Optometry Clinic, has an immediate opening for a full time Optical Lab Techncian. The successful candidate will work full time hours from Monday to Friday. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in an optometry office and/or at an optician’s performing lab-related work
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working a similar environment, more experience is an asset
- Successful completion of high school or above
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to clientele
- Reliable, punctual
- Excellent team player
- Adaptable to new situations
- Problem solver
- Expertise in using clinic management software Visual Eyes is an asset
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
The entire staff at Clinique d’ Optométrie McLeod Optometry Clinic is committed to providing their clients with the highest quality eye care services and products. The successful candidate must embody this philosophy in their day-to-day work and be a cooperative team member. In addition, they will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the day to day operations of the lab area to run smoothly.
- Providing exceptional customer service (internally and externally) by tracking due dates, alerting front office staff of delays in advance of due date, and suggesting options to staff when lab jobs are going to be late by more than 3 days from the date promised.
- Offering suggestions on how to improve office efficiency at week/monthly meetings
- Ensuring all jobs leaving the lab meet tolerance standards and are properly prepared to be delivered to patient (clean, aligned, screws tightened, etc.)
- Greeting all visitors with a smile and acknowledge their presence when in the dispensary
- Organizing, sorting and prioritizing jobs by category e.g. made with stock lenses, frame sent to external lab, warranty jobs, warranty from supplier.
- Ensuring all equipment is cleaned thoroughly before leaving each day.
- Informing patients of any delays due to the lab redos
- Maintaining calibration of equipment and proactively monitoring equipment
- Ensuring stock lens inventory is maintained.
- Researching new lens suppliers and making recommendations based on comparisons of price and service.
- Tracking stats on breakage, on-time delivery and other associated metrics
- Keeping lab invoices and credits in an organized manner, sorted by month and up to date.
- Monitor outstanding lab credits expected and ensure that receivables do not exceed 45 days from requested date.
- Recording all appropriate information using clinic software, Visual Eyes
Applicants should forward their resume and cover letter by email. We thank all those who are interested in the opportunity, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 13 months ago
The doctors and professional staff at the McLeod Optometry Clinic are committed to providing you with the highest quality eye care services...