Legal Administrative Assistant
McLeod Law is a dynamic mid-sized and growing law firm with our headquarters in Calgary’s south and a downtown branch office in Centennial Place. We offer a great working environment and we place a high value on personal growth, combined with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We are looking for a fulltime Executive Assistant to provide support to the COO, Human Resources Manager and Marketing Manager in the Bannister Road office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proofread and compile confidential material for management and executive meetings
- Assist in Human Resources activities such as on-boarding, job postings, performance appraisals
- Schedule interviews, conduct reference checks and prepare new hire packages
- Assist with internal and external events, seminars, meetings and retreats
- Book flights and other travel arrangements
- Draft, edit and prepare correspondence and documentation
- First point of contact for all premises related issues for two offices dealing directly with building management
- Maintain up-to-date employee files
- Monitor and record employee sick/vacation days and answer requests with respect to same
- Update internal databases/intranet and external website and direct website inquiries to the appropriate individuals
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Legal Assistant or Human Resources Diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years in an administrative or human resources role
- Maintaining confidentiality and discretion are of the utmost importance
- Ability to work efficiently and positively with personnel in all positions within the firm as well as with external vendors and property managers.
- Knowledge of firm practices and procedures preferred
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented with excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Adept at multi-tasking
- Independent worker, able to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please email your resume in confidence or fax to 403-271-1769.
Indeed - 5 months ago