McLeod Green Dewar LLP & Associates is a small to medium-sized law firm currently comprised of four lawyers and four supporting staff. We are located in the heart of downtown Kitchener and a two minute walk from the new Waterloo Region Courthouse. We specialize in family law, and also practice in the areas of civil litigation, wills & estates, criminal, and employment law.
We are seeking a lawyer to work on a six month contract to cover a partner’s maternity leave starting in October 2013 with the exact start date to be determined. It is essential that the applicant is confident in all areas of family law, with some litigation and wills/estate experience preferred. The contract position will be a competitive salaried position, with the amount to be determined, and the opportunity for a bonus based on billings and performance. There is also a possibility of being hired as an associate with the firm once the contract is complete.
The applicant’s required skills and knowledge must include:
- Qualified lawyer in Ontario
- Must be able to accept legal aid clients
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong and effective analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Drafting legal documents, including but not limited to, pleadings, motions, affidavits, and conference briefs;
- Drafting documents relating to: Correspondence to clients and opposing counsel
- Upkeep on all current client files, as well as bringing in new clients
- Delegate work to legal assistant
- Attending scheduled court dates
- Billing and collections
The successful applicant must have at least two years experience in the family law field, although we are open to considering any and all serious applicants.
For more information on our firm and the available contract position, please visit our website at www.mgdlawyers.ca and to apply for the position email Jordon Fadista, receptionist, by email or by telephone at 519-742-4297.