Litigation Legal Assistant
McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and Northerners, is rated by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of the top ten law firms in Western Canada. Founded over 100 years ago, McLennan Ross has grown today to more than 75 lawyers and an extensive support staff, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife.
What separates McLennan Ross from other law firms is our ability to see "beyond the law" - recognizing and appreciating how legal difficulties can significantly impact a client's life and their business. Strategic thinking, grounded in a solid understanding of the realities of the business world and basic common sense, is a hallmark of McLennan Ross.
We have a dynamic team of support staff who are highly motivated to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. We are currently recruiting for a full time experienced Litigation Legal Assistant to join our firm.
Our Legal Assistant is responsible for providing legal administrative and clerical support to lawyers specifically in our Commercial Litigation and Insurance practice areas. Responsibilities include the following:
- prepare, draft and revise legal documents and letters independently with little direction,
- assist with trial preparation, examinations and briefs as required,
- coordinate the flow of documents between internal and external clients at all levels
- Work proactively and initiate follow up action to expedite the flow of work in the practice group
- Transcribe digital dictations, open/close files,
- Manage client correspondence, book and diarize appointments,
- Manage incoming mail and e-mail, account billing and daily filing
Key Qualifications and Education
Post secondary diploma or certificate in accredited legal assistant or paralegal program. and/or successful career history in the role of a legal assistant will be considered
Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the commercial litigation and insurance areas of law is required.
Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as document management systems such as Worldox.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a strong team player with a positive work ethic and attitude
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills both internally and externally
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is highly motivated, self-directed and detail oriented
- Is able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work well independently with little supervision
- Has strong interpersonal skills which allows them to develop strong relationships with people across the firm
What you will find at McLennan Ross:
- A highly professional environment that is built on a strong culture and spirit of teamwork
- Flexible work hours, engaging and lively social/staff committee
- Our proven high quality of service and commitment to our clients
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent salary/benefits package, including a matching pension plan and three weeks vacation the first year of employment.
Qualified and talented candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including career highlights that demonstrate a strong fit to our requirements to:
McLennan Ross, Human Resources
600, 122220 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Fax: (780) 482-9100
Helpdesk Support Analyst
McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and...