Legal Assistant (Word Processing Team)
McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and Northerners, is rated by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of the top ten law firms in Western Canada. Founded over 100 years ago, McLennan Ross has grown today to more than 75 lawyers and an extensive support staff, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife.
What separates McLennan Ross from other law firms is our ability to see "beyond the law" - recognizing and appreciating how legal difficulties can significantly impact a client's life and their business. Strategic thinking, grounded in a solid understanding of the realities of the business world and basic common sense, is a hallmark of McLennan Ross.
We have a dynamic team of support staff who are highly motivated to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. We are currently recruiting for a part-time Legal Assistant to join our Word Processing team for evening shifts.
Our Edmonton office offers legal administrative word processing to our lawyers and staff each evening through the week (except Friday) and on weekends.
Our Legal Assistant (Word Processing team) is responsible for providing legal administrative and clerical support to our lawyers in any of our specialty practice areas. Responsibilities include dictation, drafting letters and preparation of legal documents.
The ideal candidate is a stay at home mom who has previous experience at law firms, a student who is pursuing a career in the law industry or an individual who wants to work part-time.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a strong team player with a positive work ethic and attitude
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills both internally and externally
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is highly motivated, self-directed and detail oriented
- Is able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work well independently with little supervision
- Excellent word processing skills
Key Qualifications and Education
Post secondary diploma or certificate in accredited legal assistant or paralegal program. and/or successful career history in the role of a legal assistant will be considered.
Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the law industry and/or professional services environment is preferred.
Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as document management systems such as Worldox.
What you will find at McLennan Ross:
- A highly professional environment that is built on a strong culture and spirit of teamwork
- Flexible work hours, engaging and lively social/staff committee
- Our high quality of service and commitment to our clients
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent salary/benefits package, including a matching pension plan and three weeks vacation the first year of employment.
Qualified and talented candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including career highlights that demonstrate a strong fit to our requirements to:
McLennan Ross, Human Resources
600, 122220 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Fax: (780) 482-9100