Helpdesk Support Analyst
McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and Northerners, is rated by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of the top ten law firms in Western Canada. Founded over 100 years ago, McLennan Ross has grown today to more than 75 lawyers and an extensive support staff, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife.
What separates McLennan Ross from other law firms is our ability to see "beyond the law" - recognizing and appreciating how legal difficulties can significantly impact a client's life and their business. Strategic thinking, grounded in a solid understanding of the realities of the business world and basic common sense, is a hallmark of McLennan Ross.
We have a dynamic team of support staff who are highly motivated to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. We are currently recruiting for a full time Helpdesk Support Analyst to join our firm.
Our Helpdesk Support Analyst will provide first level helpdesk services support to staff and lawyers in all locations. This position requires day to day hands on remote and on site systems support. Responsibilities include hardware/software troubleshooting, user access and authorization, interfacing with the Systems team to determine exact nature of problems and actively seeking immediate solutions to maximize work productivity.
This entry level position works as part of a collaborative Systems team to deliver exceptional systems support to staff and lawyers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Respond and resolve helpdesk issues which involves answering helpdesk inquiries, documenting problems and procedures, responding to e-mails, researching technical issues
- Provide direct support and guidance to staff and lawyers in the effective use of firm software applications across all departments
- Perform PC imaging, update the Intranet, assist with office moves, hardware inventory and rotation of new hardware
- Maintain up to date technical skills in relevant firm software applications
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong customer service skills and proven ability to listen and respond to employees in a timely manner
- Proven ability to demonstrate proper telephone etiquette
- Able to communicate technical information in simple terms to non-technical staff
- Able to follow procedures and maintain an accurate log of inquiries and concerns
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with various personalities at all levels in the firm diplomatically
- Is a team player and able to work effectively independently with little supervision
- Proven troubleshooting skills with the ability to handle a full range of helpdesk issues
- Is able and willing to take new assignments
- Is willing to work flexible hours to help meet departmental goals
Key Qualifications and Education
Information technology designation or relevant field and/or successful career history in the role of helpdesk support will be considered.
Minimum 2 years+ experience in a helpdesk support role.
Previous experience in a law firm or legal environment and an understanding of legal documents and procedural requirements is strongly desired.
Working knowledge of Microsoft 2010, Windows 7, Windows 2008 and 2003 servers and previous experience applying updates or patches.
Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Ability to work different shifts, overtime, some weekends and holidays
What you will find at McLennan Ross:
- A highly professional environment that is built on a strong culture and spirit of teamwork
- Flexible work hours, engaging and lively social/staff committee
- Our proven high quality of service and commitment to our clients
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent salary/benefits package, including a matching pension plan and three weeks vacation the first year of employment.
Qualified and talented candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including career highlights that demonstrate a strong fit to our requirements to:
McLennan Ross, Human Resources
600, 12220 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Fax: (780) 482-9100