We have an exciting opportunity for a System Technician working in our Slave Lake office. The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring we deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Install residential wiring, including drops, outlet wiring, and building infrastructure
- Operate and understand test equipment related to the maintenance of 2-way coaxial and fibre systems including system analyzers, field strength meters and leakage monitors
- Detect, diagnose and correct issues affecting the services of our customers in a safe and controlled manner
- Respond to and resolve customer service issues arising from the installation and operation of the Lynx High-Speed Internet, Digital Phone and/or cable services with an extreme emphasis on one-call resolution
- Complete all routine service calls independently as well as work with other technical staff as required to ensure the correction of customer problems in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Maintain accurate system records and support documentation for all work orders
- Promote and sell a positive image of Lynx Slave Lake, our products and services
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations
- Various other duties as needed
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience as a Technician in the telecommunications field or an equivalent level of relevant experience
- A+ certification and experience with RF and cabling are assets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, TCP/IP, Macintosh OS and related Internet applications (Browsers, Mail, etc.)
- Basic mainline knowledge and troubleshooting skills including system maps/mapview
- Understanding of installation procedures for Digital Cable, Phone and Internet
- Competent troubleshooting skills, in all of Lynx products and services
- Basic understanding of RF from distribution to premise
- Competent knowledge and ability of relevant test equipment
- Competent knowledge of MDU/Commercial building cable infrastructure and products
- Advanced PC hardware and software diagnostic skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Physically able to perform all aspects of job including, climb ladders and poles, carry ladders, drag manhole covers 1 - 1.5 m, move televisions and/or entertainment units and/or computer stations, work in a crouched position behind furniture, and work in confined areas such as attics.
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to perform work safely in all types of environmental conditions - indoor and outdoor
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
Wages & Benefits
- Hourly wage between $18.00 to $25.00 (based on experience)
- Group benefits and RRSP contributions
- Quarterly incentive bonuses and 13th payday.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.