Company: McIntosh Petroleum Industries Inc (MPI)
MPI is a leader in the sales / distribution and installation of retail petroleum systems. Our dedicated team constructs retail petroleum service stations and installs new petroleum pumps/dispensers at sites throughout western Canada. We are a growing company with offices in Alberta, B.C. & Ontario.
In addition to construction, MPI markets and sells retail petroleum equipment throughout western Canada.
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Calgary, Alberta
This position is responsible for supporting our construction team in managing the execution of a program of projects. These include:
- Creation / maintenance of the project schedule, cost performance and reporting (tracking of budget vs. plan vs. forecast)
- Updating of project schedule, and cost
- Liaising with clients and suppliers on a regular (weekly) basis
- Analysis and identification of early warnings / mitigation strategies for team review
- Capturing changes in scope of work or execution strategy, and updating schedule/cost estimates to reflect revised project scope
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working with clients, business and project team members to gather requirements, develop schedules / cost estimates and track performance against execution plans
- Prepare invoices in collaboration with the accounting team
- Provide updates to the construction team and Project Manager
- Preparing all communications related to the project
- Analyzing execution performance and provide recommendations / feedback to the team members
- Collecting, tracking and reporting of potential project risks
- Early identification of potential scope of work or execution changes, and updating of project schedules and cost forecast to reflect agreed changes
- Establishing collaboration with the internal departments / disciplines and the project team; track / monitor teams performance against commitments and provide Manager and team member updates
- Providing data and analysis for project close out reviews – production, cost, schedule, risk management performance and associated metrics
- Other duties as required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of analytical methods, procedures, and practices
- Knowledge of project planning and management procedures, practices, and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent organizational skills with strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting
- Good computer skills, proficient with MS office applications
- Please reply in confidence indicating your salary requirements.
- We offer full benefits
- We are a fast paced and dynamic team environment as we continue to grow and are seeking good people to assist is our growth plan.