McGregor Construction 2000 Ltd is an engineering, procurement and construction company that has been designing, supplying, and installing power lines and substations throughout Western Canada since 1925. McGregor works with clients in several sectors including energy and distribution providers, telecommunications, mining, oil sands development, municipalities, real estate developers and electrical contractors. The strength of our Company is our skilled work force and our reputation is for reliability and quality design work.
McGregor Construction 2000 Ltd is currently seeking a full-time, permanent, Junior Line Design Engineer to joining our growing engineering team.
Design, procurement and project management for T&D power line projects from 4kV to 240kV;
- Preparation of project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation.
- Design of electrical transmission facilities including line layout, foundations, structure configuration, structures, insulation and conductor specification.
- Delivery of accurate and thorough designs, which meets industry standards and specifications, and meets good engineering practices with excellent constructability.
- Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to transmission line design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
Liaise with clients and suppliers to ensure all projects are delivered in a timely manner within budget and above target for quality;
- Resolve site queries, attend site meetings and perform site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintain good working relationships with material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
Maintain good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Purchasing, Drafting, Project Management, etc.
- Must be licensed as Technologist or be an Engineer in Training
- 2 years of experience
- A Civil or Electrical engineering background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload of self
- Knowledge of design work and construction of transmission and distribution lines
- Familiar with the use of PLS-CAD and other relevant design software
- Macro programing in excel
- Knowledge of Canadian codes and standards, including OH&S Regulations, CSA and AECUC codes.
What we offer
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan including a HCSA, defined benefit pension plan, profit sharing plan, continuous professional development and flexible schedules to help with work-life balance. McGregor offers employees exciting opportunities to grow within our company.
Our office is in a non-downtown location with easy access, which includes great building amenities such as a free onsite fitness facility, and free parking. We work in a friendly, youthful, cubicle free environment, with a casual dress code.
Indeed - 16 months ago