McGill University - A unique opportunity to work for an internationally renowned university with a history of excellence dating back to 1821
Communications Officer (Annual Giving)
McGill, one of the world’s great universities, is currently seeking an experienced and creative Communications Officer to support annual fundraising activities within the Development and Alumni Relations department (DAR). The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team of fundraising and communications professionals to develop high-impact print and digital materials in support of the University’s annual giving programs. From attention-grabbing web copy to targeted letters and direct mail pieces, your strong writing skills and creativity will help McGill to successfully solicit gifts from a wide range of audiences: from students and recent graduates to loyal alumni around the world.
As a Communications Officer (Annual Giving), YOU will:
- Create written and online communication materials designed to promote McGill’s annual giving programs.
- Bring your experience and creativity to bear on helping develop new and creative means of engaging and soliciting a wide range of audiences and demographics.
- Work with fundraisers, communications professionals, professors, students and other stakeholders across the University to craft messages and hone strategies aimed at improving McGill’s relationship and fundraising success with a wide variety of existing and prospective donors.
- Working with existing internal resources, make best use of social media and other emerging technologies to expand McGill’s reach among his alumni and donor communities.
We would love to hear from you if YOU have:
- An undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field
- Three to five years’ communications and writing experience in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Outstanding writing skills with the flexibility to create copy for a variety of media, and addressing a range of audiences.
- A demonstrated ability to create high-impact print and digital communications materials on a wide range of topics.
- Fluency in social media and other emerging communications platforms.
- The capacity to liaise with internal and external clients and to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- The demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using MS Office.
- Impeccable spoken and written English; spoken French.
- Prior experience in the field of higher education or in a non-profit reliant on fundraising would be an asset.
McGill University offers remuneration according to experience, a comprehensive benefits package http://www.mcgill.ca/benefits and a unique working environment. Please submit your application, letter of intent (indicating clearly the reference number MR7932 and title), résumé and three (3) writing samples by January 20th, 2014.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.