McGill University - A unique opportunity to work for an internationally renowned university with a history of excellence dating back to 1821
Reference number: MEDO1
McGill University – Faculty of Medicine / Development and Alumni Relations
COMMUNICATIONS & EVENTS MANAGER – Goodman Cancer Research Centre (8-month contract)
The Communications & Events Manager will play the key role as project manager for a number of fundraising initiatives including the annual Goodman Cancer Research Centre gala. The incumbent will be actively involved in the planning and execution of fundraising activities with the support of one administrative coordinator and a team of volunteers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Annual Fundraising Gala
- Act as primary project manager for Goodman Cancer Centre Fundraising Gala (scheduled for June 2014) – 750+ guests
- Manage and coordinate all volunteer activities
- Organize, negotiate and manage all event related contracts including florist, catering, live music, photographer, etc.
- Manage Events Coordinator
- Organize the printing of the books
- Manage all volunteers’ activities for the fundraiser.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Participate in overall strategies regarding fundraising, business relations, public relations, special events and alumni relations activities.
- Supervise donor and volunteer relations and projects and provide status reports. Provide a liaison function between central Development/Alumni Relations and the Faculty of Medicine; and act as liaison to strengthen relationships between donors, volunteers and the faculty.
- Negotiate and steward leadership gifts for the Center.
- Develop and ensure that donor and/or volunteer recognition, acknowledgement, stewardship and communications programs are in place.
- Generate materials and correspondence promoting the needs of the Center at fundraising, public relations and special events or for dissemination.
- Represent unit at internal and/or external meetings.
- Undertake special projects.
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
- Must be innovative, results-driven and client focused, with an interpersonal style that fosters constructive and productive relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Proven listening, negotiating, planning, problem solving, organizational, and priority-setting skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects within tightly prescribed timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, evaluate solutions and formulate recommendations.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to working independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of McGill University and an understanding of Development, Alumni & University Relations work.
- Demonstrated ability in a PC environment, using MS Office and client-server database software.
- English (spoken and written) and French, spoken.
For this 8-month contract, McGill University offers remuneration according to experience, a comprehensive benefits package http://www.mcgill.ca/benefits and a unique working environment. Please forward your curriculum vitae and cover letter clearly indicating the reference number MED01 and title by e-mail bo later thanTuesday, December 10, 2013.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago