ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE AREA COORDINATOR, CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MCGILL SCHOOL OF CONTINUING STUDIES
McGill University’s School of Continuing Studies is one of the fastest growing and successful continuing education institutions in Canada. The School meets the diverse educational needs and aspirations of the members of a rapidly changing society, and provides a flexible and innovative learning environment to individuals with changing career or personal goals. The School draws on its own human and physical resources and those in the rest of the University, and on expertise from the outside community. The clientele served is local, national and international.
Job Posting – Accounting and Finance Area Coordinator
The Career and Professional Development unit (CPD) of McGill’s School of Continuing Studies (SCS), invites applications for a full-time, Accounting and Finance Area Coordinator. This is an academic ranked (Faculty Lecturer), non tenure track position. CPD is SCS’s largest department, serving close to 5000 adult learners at McGill; the accounting and finance programs are among 38 undergraduate and graduate programs offered through the department, which also offers a variety of professional development courses and programs.
Duties performed by the Accounting and Finance Area Coordinator, include (but are not limited to) the following:
*Provide visionary leadership in development and delivery of undergraduate, graduate, and professional development continuing studies courses and programs.
*Liaise with appropriate professional associations and business organizations to ensure that Departmental programs are in alignment with industry needs.
Coordination of Accounting and Finance Programs in CPD
*Oversee the accounting programs that fulfill most of the educational requirements of L'Ordre des comptables Agréés du Québec (CPA).
*Provide leadership to instructors in teaching/learning, and maintain high academic standards.
*Coordinate instructors’ pedagogy meetings to ensure consistency and continuity in program content.
*Liaise with related Faculties within McGill University as well as the business community.
*Recruit talented instructors to teach Accounting and Finance courses.
*Advise and meet prospective students in Accounting and Finance programs.
*Act as a resource person for the staff on programs’ admissions and content.
*Serve on Program Committees, made up of academic and industry partners, which advise on the Accounting and Finance programs;
*In collaboration with the Program Committees, ensure the academic integrity and currency of the programs’ curriculum.
*The Area Coordinator contributes to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses.
*Participate in the promotion of the Accounting and Finance programs.
*Participate in and/or oversee special projects and professional development offerings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French;
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Accounting, Business Management or related field (PhD desirable);
- Must hold a CPA designation;
- Minimum of five years of experience in Accounting and Taxation in an educational setting (preferably within university continuing education);
- Experience with program or course development and delivery preferably at the university level;
- Demonstrated skills in educational needs assessment and all aspects of program development and delivery;
- Experience with educational technologies and a variety of delivery formats;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare business plans and seek multiple sources of funding, including grants, where appropriate;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate complex environments to achieve results;
- Demonstrated abilities in building and leading effective teams;
- Commitment to the values of university continuing education;
- Commitment to quality and entrepreneurial approaches.
This is a full-time academic non-tenure track position with an initial appointment of three years, with the possibility of renewal. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The target starting date is May 2014.
Applications must include:
*A brief cover letter (including statement of teaching experience);
*A curriculum vitae;
*The name and title of two referees along with contact information.
*Reference number AK9949X
Applicants interested in this position should submit their application by email to hr.conted at mcgill (dot) ca. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The target starting date is May 2014.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.