Intermediate/Senior Materials Testing Technician
Fort McMurray, AB
This company specializes in mechanical, industrial and building engineering (structural and mechanical), as well as civil and municipal engineering.
Reporting to the Alberta Regional Manager and Lead Technician, the Materials Testing Technician will be responsible for the field and laboratory testing of soils and concrete, as well as the preparation and issuance of summary reports and materials test results to our valued clients. Depending on the strong points of the employee, there may be the possibility in office/project management as well as future business development of the northern division of the company.
- Conduct technical testing of various materials on construction sites, compaction testing and testing concrete in the field and in the laboratory
- Provide site geotechnical inspections of construction work and materials testing performed
- Report and proposal preparation, attend client meetings, and issuance of testing results to the clients
- Prepare proposals, cost estimates and timelines for projects
- Track costs and hours for projects
- Participate in the training and mentoring of junior staff
- Work with and provide support to other members of the field technician group in assisting with other field and office activities as required
- Evaluate and review test and construction data
- Routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area
- Assist in geotechnical related projects
- College Diploma or Degree in related field of study including Geotechnical, Geology, Civil or equivalent (Civil Engineering Technologist)
- Minimum of one year (preference given to 3+ years) Canadian experience with geotechnical investigation and materials testing
- Experience/knowledge of soil and concrete testing
- Experience/knowledge of drilling and sample testing is an asset
- Able to work on a combination of field and office environments – travel is required
- Working knowledge of MS Office, ACAD
- Class 5 Driver’s license with a good driving record
Successful candidates will be required to submit a drivers’ abstract and be willing to take a drug and alcohol test upon hire.
As part of a medium sized engineering firm with a diverse portfolio, you will be paid a competitive wage, be eligible for overtime payment, as well as participate in a full benefit package including employer RRSP contributions.
Fern McKee is a seasoned, professional recruiter experienced in the Industrial/Heavy Construction, Plant Operations, Pipeline, Mining and...