McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. has been providing a variety of land surveying and mapping services to the resource industry since 1910. With several branches located across Alberta, British Columbia, and Newfoundland and Labrador, McElhanney is a well-established, progressive organization strongly committed to its employees.
McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. is seeking top-notch candidates to fill four (4) Survey Assistant positions. Reporting to the Oil Sands Branch Manager, the Survey Assistant provides assistance to the survey team for the timely and efficient completion of surveys and assignments in order to meet contractual and legal obligations. The incumbent may be involved in engineering, construction, or legal surveying in urban and/or rural areas.
- Set-up and operation of conventional survey and GPS equipment.
- Follow directives received from Field Supervisor or Party Chief to assist survey team.
- Prepare accurate field notes, when required.
- Clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, stock company vehicle, and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field, with minimal supervision.
- May be required to use tools and equipment such as chainsaw, machete, axe, sledge hammer, shovel, metal detector and survey tripod in order to complete assigned tasks.
- May be required to use hand and power tools to clear line quickly and efficiently.
- High school diploma required. Technical school education and previous experience an asset.
- Physically fit, able to lift heavy equipment, willing to work in varied environmental conditions, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. May be required to possess or acquire First Aid Level 1, First Aid Transportation Endorsement, and chainsaw safety certificate.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, reliable, dependable, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
Note: Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Please apply online at http://www.mcelhanney.com/careers*
McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. believes in celebrating diversity and in leveraging the differences in expertise, skill, and opinion that come from employing a diverse workforce. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women, and people with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.