McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. has been providing a variety of land surveying and mapping services to the resource industry since 1910. With several branches located across Alberta, British Columbia, and Newfoundland and Labrador, McElhanney is a well-established, progressive organization strongly committed to its employees.
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual with solid experience to fill the role of Party Chief in our Fort St. John, BC branch. The Party Chief supports operational excellence by taking directions from the Project Manager and providing field survey services by directing a single field crew to complete projects in an accurate, timely and efficient manner to meet contractual obligations.
- Field completion of various types of surveys including well site, right of way, urban, and legal
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time. Delegate responsibilities, monitor progress and supervise team members to complete field work accurately and on time
- Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance
- 2-year technical diploma in Geomatics with up to 5 years previous experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective communication skills and detail-orientation
- Proven supervisory abilities
- Proficiency in computer applications (Total Station, GPS, Calc Software)
- Experience using chainsaws and ATVs
- Valid driver’s license
- The ability to work out of town for extended period is required
- The posession of oil field safety tickets is an asset
Note: Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Please apply online at http://www.mcelhanney.com/careers*
McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. believes in celebrating diversity and in leveraging the differences in expertise, skill, and opinion that come from employing a diverse workforce. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women, and people with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
McElhanney is a long established Canadian consulting company with over 400 employees specializing in civil engineering, surveying and...