McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. has been providing a variety of land surveying and mapping services to the resource industry since 1910. With several branches located across Alberta, British Columbia, and Newfoundland and Labrador, McElhanney is a well-established, progressive organization strongly committed to its employees.
The Network Administrator is responsible for second-level problem resolution, completing daily/routine network administration tasks, and assisting with project based tasks. The Network Administrator works closely with the Team Lead to ensure the continued operation of a corporate-wide WAN, all Microsoft-based servers, multiple MS SQL servers, and network security. This position is heavily involved with the daily operation and maintenance of the entire network and is involved in addressing major system problems related to data communications, on-line applications, and user accounts.
The work performed by the Network Administrator is evaluated based on quality of results obtained, feedback from internal customers, reports, adherence and contribution to procedures, constructive input into policies, and the utilization of technology to increase operational efficiency.
- Resolving software Issues
- 2nd level problem resolution
- Monitoring and responding to Help Desk tickets
- Interfacing with Client Support Team
- Print Server / Printer management
- Technical documentation creation and maintenance
- Equipment tracking and inventory
- Management of corporate VoIP phone system
- AD management and maintenance
- Managing WSUS servers
- Maintaining and managing enterprise antivirus solution
- Monitoring and daily management of backups
- Participation in DR drills
- Performing diagnostic tests on equipment
- Testing of software and hardware to ensure compatibility
- Participation in the development and enforcement of workstation / laptop standards and policies
- Providing support and assistance with IS department projects
- Providing input into procedures for increased operation efficiency
- Working as a cohesive team regardless of geographic diversity
- Performing other IS related duties and tasks as assigned
- Providing instruction and assistance to others as required
Required Skills * Technical, College or University education in Computer Science or Information Technology
- MS or equivalent certification
- 2+ years of hands-on networking experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Lync implementation and administration
- Familiarity with WSUS implementation and administration
- Familiarity with Windows Forefront Server
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation
- Ability to explain technical subject matter clearly and accurately
- Self-starter with ability to work to project requirements
- Programming and database administration experience is an asset
- Professional appearance and demeanor
This position can be located in Calgary, Edmonton OR Fort St. John.
Please apply online at http://www.mcelhanney.com/careers*
McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. believes in celebrating diversity and in leveraging the differences in expertise, skill, and opinion that come from employing a diverse workforce. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women, and people with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.