McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. has been providing a variety of land surveying and mapping services to the resource industry since 1910. With several branches located across Alberta, British Columbia, and Newfoundland and Labrador, McElhanney is a well-established, progressive organization strongly committed to its employees.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Land Surveyor will plan, direct and supervise the execution of land survey projects in accordance with governing provincial regulations and will supervise the preparation of the required plans associated with these projects.
- Develop plans, methods and procedures for performing legal land surveys. Ensure that land surveys comply with all statutory regulations governing surveying. Certify and assume liability for land surveys performed.
- Direct and supervise land surveys using electronic distance measuring equipment and global positioning systems (GPS). Record all measurements and other information obtained during survey activities. Ensure the quality and accuracy of field notes, records and calculations. Prepare or supervise the preparation and compilation of all data, plans, charts, records and documents related to surveys.
- Remain updated on current professional practices and maintain a high awareness of new products, procedures and project opportunities in industry by monitoring trade publications, professional associations and actively participating in professional organizations.
- Strive to build rewarding relationships with all stakeholders. Establish good rapport and build strong client relationships by responding to requests in a timely manner and providing high quality, professional services that meet the needs and expectations of clients.
- Supervise and provide direction to field and drafting staff to ensure deadlines and objectives are met efficiently and on time. Create an awareness of company policies and procedures amongst employees.
- Comply with all company policies including safety policies and WCB regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Geomatics/Survey engineering or a technical diploma in survey science or geomatics technology with additional academic credits and successful completion of equivalent examinations set by a regional board of examiners for land surveyors.
Provincial Commission (ALS, SLS, BCLS, CLS)
We are looking for land surveyors for our Grande Prairie and Oil Sands branches.
Note: Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Please apply online at http://www.mcelhanney.com/careers*
McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. believes in celebrating diversity and in leveraging the differences in expertise, skill, and opinion that come from employing a diverse workforce. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women, and people with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.