McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,952 reviews matching the search
Provide excellent training, Produce excellent People!
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 3, 2016
McDonald's Restaurant will give lots of opportunity to grow.
Not only as a person but for career growth.
All you need to do is listen, learn and execute all the knowledge you have learn everyday.
From People management skills, ordering program, scheduling and so much more.

First thing I learned:

CAYGO!

I'm sure McDonald' peeps know it!

Have a great Day!
Pros
World Class Training, Career Advancement, Free Food, Insurance Benefits, Most Advance technologies of equipments.
Cons
Working Late nights, Short staff, working with minors, Senior managers always Rule!
Very fast paste environment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 3, 2016
- Everyone working as a team to get orders out to customers
- How busy a store can get all hours of the day, To never slack off.
- My managers were great to work with. Always helped out when ever there was a rush or if I needed help with any task.
- Very talkative since the majority of them were high school students but everyone got along with each other.
- Hardest part of my job at the time was switching to breakfast while still serving customers dinner food at 430am.
- Starting my shift and everyone saying Hey it's Berta! Cause it always sounded like they missed me :)
Pros
50% off food purchases
Cons
Staying up all night working the night shift
Productive and fun place to work
Crew / Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2016
McDonalds was a fun place to work at and had a very safe and energetic environment. Fun first job and also very safe. The managers were nice and hard working and so was the employees.

A typical work day included numerous hours of hard working employees and also managers, sometimes it is busy and sometimes it isn't but overall it is a fun environment. I learned a lot during my time at McDonalds, i learned how hard work life is but at the same time it opens up more opportunities to meet new people and have fun with your job. The management there was amazing, everyone was hard working and outgoing and the work safety was good as well. Even though some employees leave the floor wet or anything else our other employees and staff would immediately clean it up. The hardest part of my job was changing from front counter but at the same time i was honoured with the opportunity to rank up in my job. But the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with everyone. because even tough I did mess up a couple of times and sometimes i get the order wrong they supported me and helped me get through any difficult obstacles.
Pros
50% off food, Getting to work with amazing people
Cons
Long hours, busy lunch time
McDonald's
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NSJune 2, 2016
McDonald's is a great place to work. The skills you learn there prepare you for many other types of jobs. Learning the basics from customer service and preparing food, to learning how to run a company is very empowering.
Friendly Workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCJune 2, 2016
Friendly co-workers, generally nice managers, low amount of hours (even if you are there full time) Very flexible time off for sports and extra curricular activities. Also a cool 50% discount on any food item that isn't on the value meal.
Pros
50% discount, friendly co-workers, Flexible scheduling
Cons
Customers can be agressive
Great
Team Leader & Crew Trainer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 2, 2016
A great fast pace working environment that provides quality experience. A great opportunity to put a foot in the door. A typical day can be very busy
McDonalds
TRAINER (Former Employee) –  61 Front Street WestJune 2, 2016
A typical day at McDonalds was wonderful. The customers were very nice usually & rarely sparked a conversation. I learned the important of just smiling and asking how a customer's day is and it shows that you care & you're generally happy for their visit. My co-workers were great. The manager was quite bossy but his style of leadership was definitely effective. I loved speaking with customers and making them smile as they leave the store. I really didn't enjoy all the team members slacking off & carrying on with their own personal business it made work more annoying for me.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Employees hated the work
Tough place to work
Team Leader / Server (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 1, 2016
The management team were not trained in how to approach the crew and talk to them about any mistakes they made. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet their unrealistic goals.