McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 4,340 reviews matching the search
Good management, lots of connecting with guests.
Guest Experience Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2016
I learnt a lot in my six months. I really developed my interpersonal skills and learnt how to deal with customers whether they are being positive or negative and turning a negative visit into a positive one. The managers were amazing and super understanding with everything which is definitely necessary to excel. The hardest part was dealing with tough or rude customers with only complaints but there were only a couple really awful people who would come in, the most enjoyable part was the customers that were really nice and would get to know me. A typical day consisted of greeting each customer, checking in on them-making sure they were enjoying everything and having a good experience and then offering them a unique farewell when they leave. I cleaned up peoples trays and garbage for them, and made sure the work environment was a positive one.
Pros
50% discount on food.
Abusive and discriminatory workplace
Overnight Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 11, 2016
No, just don't do it. I worked there out of necessity and will never do it again. The managers are children, puppets basically, who know nothing. Any equipment that needed to be fixed was handled by the kitchen staff because the managers, being so young, knew nothing about anything. They hire them, give them a title and make them feel important, underpay them, and let the adults they hire do the REAL running of the store. I used to have to deal with drunks, etc, and have them removed as a crew member while my 19 year old manager hid in the office because she was "scared".Not in the job description at all!
Pros
Not too many!