McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good first job.
Kitchen (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Learnt responsibility and how to work with other co-workers. Was a good place for me to get started in the working habit.
Its fun and enjoy working at McDonalds
Cashier (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: Long hours standing
With my co-workers especially.I in-counter different kinds of people,
I love working multi task on the floor when it is busy.
Fun and interactive environment with lots of room for advancement.
Part-time Job - Cashier (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Minimum wage; friendly work environment
Cons: Long hours; stressful during rush hours
McDonald's is a great place as a startingjob for students in high school or people that need flexible hours. There is a lot of valuable experience when working at McDonald's, such as team communication and leadership among coworkers. The stressful part of working here is going through the busy rush hours, when people are waiting a long while for their food which results in angry customers. I definitely enjoyed the various situations that seemed hard but were most beneficial as they resulted in the most vital experiences.
Very productive workplace
CREW TRAINER/CASHIER (Former Employee), 300 Borough Drive, Suite 4January 6, 2016
typical day at work very busy throughout the day, i learned to deal with customers as well train other employees. Managers thought me many lessons that i can use in every workplace. most enjoyable part of the job is that you will never get bored because there is always something in the workplace.
Energetic environment enjoy talking with customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONJanuary 5, 2016
I typical day at work would be to walk into maybe 4 or 5 orders on the screen. Then i would have to help catch my fellow crew up to speed. When it got slow i would do checks in lobby and the bathrooms and do mops in the winter to help keep the floors looking clean. I learned how to better communicate with a wider variety of people and better understood the meaning of customer service.
Good high school job
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Making money
Cons: Minimum wage
It's an okay job but it really depends on where. It's nice to work with cool people, and I generally like the people whom I work with.
I learned lots about hard work at McDonald's i also have gotten experience in the work force.
Crew (Current Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: 50% off your food, also your end up making lots of friends.
Cons: The fast intensity and the amount of speed and efficiency required tires you out after long hours.
A typical day consists of me clocking in and going to my manager to see what duties i will be doing and then from there i will be assigned to many different tasks. The tasks consisted of me batch cooking, putting the food together, cleaning the tables outside or clearing the empty boxes of food into the dumpster. I learned that i making money is not as easy as it seems also i have learned that you need to preform 110% of your abilities all the time. My management was very nice and understanding yet i always had the desire to impress them. My co-workers had a great relationship with me i was a team player and never put anyone down for poor performance yet i pushed them to do well. The hardest part of working at McDonald's was that you are under continues pressure to preform well and not mess up also the intensity is quite fast and hard but i have mastered it over time. The most enjoyable part of working at McDonald's is that you get to interact with many other social co-workers, and you can have lots of productive fun at work like races of production.
Kitchen Staff
Food Prep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: good break time
Cons: none
Working in the Kitchen is a very safe environment. Employees and managers are respective to one another. Everyone is treated with care and respect. Woking in McDonalds has given me almost 3 years of experience, and many wonderful rewards, such as employee of the month.
Life at Mcdonalds
Team Leader (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 3, 2016
The people I work with is amazing.
The only thing is managers are all really young so sometimes its hard to earn respect.
They slack on replacing uniforms.
They have a lot of favouritism.
Most enjoyable part is making friends.
Productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours standing
Very hectic, I learned how to work with money in a fast paced environment. My coworkers were nice,the hardest part of the job was dealing with mean people.
Fast pace and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Unsafe area
-handling money
-dealing with customers
-training new workers
hardest part of job: multitasking
most enjoyable part of the job: my coworkers
Terrible Experience
Full time (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Every day was extremely stressful. From difficult costumers, to horrible management and problem solving. Managers make their own rules instead of following store rules, which often lead costumers and employees with unfair solutions. Few managers actually have raised their voice, one in particular almost physically attacking a few of our employees. It took them 5 months to change my schedule availability and had to submit new ones multiple times. Only one or two managers willing to help or actually get things done but still not perfect. Issues never got resolved, got pushed off. A lot of favouritism and unprofessional and unfair behaviour towards the employees and others. If you don't mind being in a dramatic high school environment, this place will definitely provide it all for you. Especially having no time to yourself. Schedules are not flexible and expect you to work odd hours and nearly every day, including weekends and over night so during your time off you are basically sleeping all day and have no time for life outside. Keep in mind it is hard place to progress in/ get a promotion, it is all based off favouritism. Also gained no benefits , ripped me off.
Very fast work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: tiring
The work place was very fast. the management lacked care for the employees. Customer satisfaction did not seem to be the top of the list for the managers because they did not treat others with respect. It was not the most enjoyable job. Very tiring, very long shifts.
teaches me a lot of things
Swing Manager (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABJanuary 1, 2016
always having fun with co-workers and busy sometimes especially during child tax day. Learned how to deal with other people. time management is essential with them.
Late night shift
Overnight Shift Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
Pros: free lunchs, fast pace
Cons: mess with my sleep habits
A typical day at work is that I arrive 10 to 30 min before my shift to do a prep, so my environment is clean and ready and I have all the needed items and all the staff for shift. i will place the staff in the proper spot and i will be in the front bagging the order. Close to a for before my shift is over we will clean and switch over to breakfast.
McDonalds Employee Review
Front Cashier, Drive-Thru (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 30, 2015
It is a fast-paced learning experience for cash handling and costumer service. Very fun working with new people all the time but the trainers are very poor in demonstrating and teaching the new crew members their responsibilities. Management can be very difficult to get a hold of because they do not answer the store phone or give an alternate way of reaching them. The hardest part of the job is developing your independent working skills, especially when you are the only one on the floor when it is busy.
Great place to grow and learn about customer service
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, create new relationships
Cons: rude customers, late nights
Learn and grow with the training. Great atmosphere for the younger crew to learn the responsibilities of a job. Great environment to make friends. Gives you the resources necessary to establish what types of skills you possess. Very fast paced and need to keep up with the rushes. Management very hard working and personable.
Mcdonald's review
cook (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management changes
Working at McDonalds was a very tough job due to all of the mental labor and physical labor, it has taught me how to communicate, cooperate, and solve problems I will have in everyday experiences. The managers were always supportive.
Productive and learned a lot.
Full Time Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee), Sechelt, BCDecember 28, 2015
Pros: 50 % discount on food
Cons: Early morning hours
* Constantly busy
* Learned a lot about customer service
* Management was good
* Co workers worked well together
* The hardest part was dealing with rush hours
* Over all it was a fun job
just need more help
Crew Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not great managment
just fun but the need a little bit more of a business approach.co workers are excellent its just they need to know the difference between a hard worker and a non worker
Headquarters