McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,779 reviews matching the search
McDonalds restaurant cashier
Mavis Britannia - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
Received payments for food and merchandise and gave out change for the customers. Dealt with customer relations. Efficiently packed food in bags and distributed them to the appropriate customers. Cleaned the restaurant including the lobby and backrooms.
a work environment that trains in basic skills needed to pursue other job opportunities
CASHIER/FOOD RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
Job had very flexible work schedule which coordinated well with my classes. a typical day at work would be answer customer questions and concerns, greeting customers, and running food orders proficiently and accurately.
hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. The best part was interacting with the customers and interacting with them.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Simple job
Cashier/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 10, 2016
Whilst working here I had very bad experiences with the managers and other employees, unnecessary insults, improper work ethics, attitude from managers towards customers.
friendly and fun workplace to work with
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  bayview and eglintonMay 10, 2016
Being part of a team member in McDonald's is extremely helpful to my life as an independent student. They help me improve my confidence and my communication through daily basis. They help me to balance my life as a student and my job. McDonald's is known as a friendly environment because we welcome new people as family.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
rude behavior from customers
Productive fast paced workplace
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 9, 2016
There was always something to do, and there was nothing like a smile of a regular customer because you knew exactly what they wanted.
Beneficial work environment with high, reasonable expectations.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2016
A typical day at McDonald's includes giving fast paced, friendly and involved experiences to every customer with the highest satisfaction possible reported back, This job has taught me to be able to deal with pleasant as well as intolerable customers with the right manner and to deal with a relatively high amount of stress within the shifts. There are coworkers I enjoy working with as well as some I do not but at the end of the day everyone is treated in a polite manner, The hardest part of my job is working when things in the store are not organized semi-neatly. This is the hardest thing to deal with because not all employees care when things are a mess. This problem leads to more spills so it is an extra hassle continuously trying to maintain customer satisfaction as well as cleanliness when it is prime busy hours and there are more than a few crew working hard together. The most enjoyable part of my job is truly when customers come back and say thank you because our crew goes the extra miles when it is possible. Examples include going out to ask the elderly if they would like refills so they do not have to get up, allowing young children to come behind counter to help make happy meals, allowing them to also help make their ice cream and more.
Pros
Half priced food, Great learning experiences, continual raises
Cons
Exhausting, long shifts; few hours available
Cashier/Drive (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONMay 9, 2016
I loved working here it is a very fun workplace and the hours are very flexible. Working there was great because everyone you worked with was like family, i got to know them all really fast and the co-workers always helped me out when I got lost. The managers are really nice and they treat you with the same respect that they give our boss. For me I think the hardest part of the job was getting used to the knew CYT (Create your taste) kiosk. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like your very important and you were always doing something.
Pros
50% off
Cons
One break on really long shifts
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PEMay 9, 2016
Not a bad place to work sort of strict but kind of fun at the same time wonderful people besides one of the managers as well apply today its not a bad place
Fast Paced and Fun
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
- Atypical work day was on my feet all day, taking and filling orders and cleaning.

- I learned how to be patient with people, I learned how to multitask and how to listen.

- Management was always great and helpful

- My co-works helped make the job fun.

- The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult customers

- I enjoyed being able to talk to people all day, and i enjoyed helping people.
Pros
meals were half priced
Cons
not enough breaks
it is fun place to work which enables one to grow
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
great place to learn new skills and interact with customers. I learnt how to handle cash transactions with good support team who is always there to guide me. it is is friendly and fun environment to work at.
Dynamic and friendly place for young people
CAISSIERE (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QCMay 9, 2016
If your looking for a part-time job that can balance your school, social and personal time, working at McDonald's is for you! Actually you decide your own availabilities. The management team is really close with the employees. At my locations, we are like a real family! You learn so much over there, not just how to flip burgers! I learned how to interact with different kind of clients, how to handle situations of conflict either between an employee and a client or two employees. I also learned to be fast but also efficient and precise.

Sometimes it can get rough, but don't worry, just talk to a manager and they'll arrange something with you.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short on staff (no-one called to replace them)
Great Employer
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Downtown TorontoMay 9, 2016
1. Constantly providing customer service
2. How to deal differently with individual customers
3. Great Management, very well organized
4. I thoroughly love my co-workers, very hard working and they encourage me even more
5. standing for long hours
6. working with my coworkers
Pros
Flexible with my college schedule
Cons
standing for long hours
Team work and enjoying
full time Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  3939, Rochdale Blvd., ReginaMay 9, 2016
I learned a lot at mcdonalds it was my first job after reaching in Canada in Nov. 2013. Totally new experience but able to go through.
Fun workplace and amazing staff members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMay 9, 2016
My typical day at Mcdonald's would be serving food, calling customers when their food is ready and making drinks and fries. This is a really good company for experience, because it really challenges your patience with customers. I learned a lot of things while working here, such as, to confirm the customer's orders with them (to make sure that I didn't make any mistakes) and to politely answer all questions, no matter how rude or ignorant it is.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
The customers can be really mean
Productive place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 9, 2016
Fun and easy place to work when I was a teenager. Got along great with other staff and management, Plenty of hours. A typical day was working the cash register and keeping condiments in full stock as well as work stations. Sometimes worked in the kitchen as assembly.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
Very rude people
Beware
Crew member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
On a regular day you need a lot of patience to work here, customers lie and you still need to cater to them the best that you can
Flexible hours, productive and fun workplace
Front-Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 8, 2016
Co-workers and management were very friendly, and mostly very understanding of disability. Fast paced environment that kept me busy all day, which was nice because being paid to stand around and do nothing isn't great.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Good first job
Production crew member (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 8, 2016
Hectic shift work, good hours. Effective management. Very safe and clean procedures. Organized. I work with a lot of younger people.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Affected my hygeine negatively
Great
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 8, 2016
Hard work but great team work and teaching. I learnt how to use a cash register and deal with customers and complaints. A typical day at work would be taking orders and serving food.
not a great place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2016
typical day : handing cash, cleaning
what I learned: how it is run
management was terrible.
the hardest part was it was too stressful
the most enjoyable part was the crew member people were fun to work with.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
long hours, very stressful and fast paced, very little pay