McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed the job
Swing Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: always something to do
Cons: irregular hours
It was a fast pasted workplace. One must always keep busy. You must be very attentive to quality and cleanliness. They helped me develop my management skills.
FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: hearing thanks for a job well done.
Cons: sometimes not enough help.
For the most part my days were awesome, co-workers worked well together. Customers enjoyed my speed and acuracy on there orders. Always pleasant.
Good starter job
Back Area (Former Employee), Leamington, ONAugust 4, 2015
McDonalds is a good part time job. The managers seem to care about the employees outside of the workplace. I would reccommend this job to a student who is looking to make some extra cash on the side.
Great for a first job/work experience
Kitchen Associate / Stocker / Maintenance (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Frequently understaffed
Working at McDonalds has taught me to work as team as well as working under alot of stress/pressure. Overall, it is a great place to work as a first job.
good workplace
Team leader, manager in training (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 3, 2015
Pros: good training and people
Cons: custumers are rude and relly intance
The job is pretty instance but, really nice people work there. great training . trying to reach the standards all the time :)
Very productive and enjoyed working with people in my age range.
Waiter, server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Got free lunches once a week.
Cons: hours too short and wages were little.
Work was slow in the morning but got busy after the lunch hour.
Did not work full 8 hours most of the time, because many people were employed with the company.
It was fun working at McDonalds. As a 14 year old kid lots of jokes were made and it made it easy to get through the long shifts.
Cashier (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 31, 2015
Being at a fast-food restaurant can teach you a lot. Being at McDonalds was cool. It was my first real job and it helped mold my view of work ethic and money. I learned how to take orders from strangers while being patient and I had the opportunities to be promoted in certain areas. It was a very interesting life experience
stressful yet enjoyable and proud if goals for the day are met
guest experience manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: tons of order most of the time
work at mcdonalds is always busy and everything moves fast. as a swing manager it is my responsibility that the crew under my shift are all doing their jobs and goals are met for today. as a manager I learned how to interact, work, and clarify any issues at work either from co-workers or customers. it is also my responsibility to make sure all the equipment's are maintained and all are in good working condition. and also i check all the supplies at the store so that during the entire shift we have everything and we will be able to have a smooth and fun shift. as manager i am trained to make sure that goals are implemented in a specific time span. im also trained in random emergency situation since i was trained how to do CPR and First aid training. at the end of every shift managers are expected to tally the labor, summary cost and inventory. it is fun working at mcdonalds if all the team are cooperative. and it is up to the manager on how he gains trust and confidence with his crew. by establishing good rapport and communication skill.
McDonalds
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Easy to get hours
Cons: Stressful, tiring, high turnover rate
McDonald's was my first job, it is a great experience to have because it teaches you team work, efficiency, and speed in the workforce. Although it can be very stressful and tiring if team work does not occur. Management also does not always get along.
Cashier, Cook and Maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
McDonalds was a great place to start learning a leadership role. Constantly interacting with customers was part of the day to day. Hardest part of the day was clean up. Management and co-workers were great.
Good learning experience
Crew trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: getting promoted
Cons: Not meet the hours that the crew expects
McDonald's gives you a very good learning experience if you have never worked before. It allows you to better you multitasking skills if it very weak. You'll learn how to work at a very fast paced. The managers and co-workers are very friendly they will always help you.
High school job
Cashier (Former Employee), MonctonJuly 30, 2015
Also work as a cashier for McDonalds during high school. Would sometimes be put on a cashier shift or a kitchen shift as I was trained in all areas
Busy and Fun Place to work
Crew Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2015
A typical day at work, was starting the day with a smile engaging with the customers. Always a busy morning to start a day with. Working with a great team where helping each others, so no customer is left waiting for their order for long time.
I learned that it is very important to work in a team, four hands are better then two hands. I also enjoy working in teams. I gained more experience while working in a team, because I gained knowledge from others perspective which helped in seeing things from different angle.
Management and co-workers were very helpful, understandable, good with working in team.
The hardest part of the job was when it got really busy or when we were short a staff member. But we kept up with the speed, performance and with accurate order.
The most enjoyable part of the job was even thought it would be busy but we all would always have great smile on and greeting the customer as we are please to have them over at the restaurant. And receiving great complements from the customers regarding the hard work we are doing.
Awful Workplace Enviroment with Horrid Management
Cashier (Former Employee), Amherst, NSJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Amazing coworkers, 50% off a meals and other platinum card benefits and free uniforms
Cons: Horrid management (lesser treatment) and little hours.
At my local Amherst McDonald's the management was horrible with little hours; nothing improved with time or effort to fix issues. By the end of it I was getting 3 hours a week with mainly lobby shifts and hardly got called in.

On another positive note almost all of the co-workers were very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand.

The hardest part of the job was knowing I was getting lesser treatment from management (and some trainers) than my coworkers, mainly through respect and the # of hours.
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Angus, ONJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good people, promotions
Cons: stigma
Great promotional system. Enjoyable setting with friendly crew and management. Learned how to communicate effectively through stressful times, and how to get the most out of each person. Customer service and interactions with different kinds of people as well.
Cashier and Foods Course
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJuly 28, 2015
Fun, costumers service and very enjoy talking to little kids and get their Happy Meal. Most likely dealing with hungry angry customers, have to get their foods as soon as possible, between 30 seconds.
it's a place that gives you opportunities
Crew Member (Former Employee), Longueuil, QCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: stress
McDonalds is a good place for young people to develop useful skills for their future. It has a good work environment that makes it easy for new memners to adjust. The work is simple and easy to perform.
Best company to work for
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
It is a demanding job that is dependent on your ability to handle pressure in a time effective manner. Team work skills are the greatest asset to move forward doing this job.
learned a lot at mcdonalds
Crew Member (Former Employee), 14 street 17th avenue south westJuly 27, 2015
Pros: flexibilty in schedhules
Cons: low salary
Flexibility in hours. Organize work. Low salary. Great for first time worker. Great managers to work with. diversity.
trained well !
Cashier, Presenter, Crew Trainor (Former Employee), winnipegJuly 27, 2015
Pros: positive people
Cons: weird hours
this was my first ever job. Employees were kind and very helpful. it was a great positive experience. I left due to work and school being to much to balance and the hours they could give me were out of the question! GREAT first job for anyone
Headquarters