McDonald's

41.4K reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible schedule, but poor pay and hours
cashier (Former Employee), QuebecJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Flexible schedule, 50% off discount, group trips, fun co-workers
Cons: Poor salary, not enough hours, management tries to cheat you out of money/overtime pay
Worked here while I was in school, so the flexible hours were important, and was pretty much the only reason I stayed. You were lucky if you got over 25 hours a week, but if you did do overtime they'd try to get out of paying it. I liked most of my co-workers, and we often covered each other's shifts. I wouldn't go back, but it was okay while I was in school.
I did not like working at Mc Donalds one bit.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: 50% off all items, free drinks, take home food when closing
Cons: high passed environment, rude customers
Mc Donalds was one of the worst experience of my life, customers are horrible, they treat staff really poorly. Not a pleasant place to work,I would never consider working there ever again.
No complaints
Swing Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 13, 2016
No Complaints.
Busy all the time.
Learned plenty of transferable skills.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working and serving happy customers.
The job is fun and cool, managers are terrible.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Free food and cool coworkers
Cons: no sense of purpose
Job is busy and cool, keeps you on your toes, yet the management is lacking heavily in terms of maturity and ability to moderate themselves.
Fun place to work for
General Crew (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Was fun to work for Mcdonalds, lots of great co-workers and management but market level management have no people skills at all
McDonalds
Crew person (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 11, 2016
was usually busy. coworkers were friendly. managers were very nice. Things get complicated when orders get messed up.
Productive and very fast-pace workers
Team Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Free drinks all day.
Cons: Horrible hours.
A typical day at work would usually be grilling food, deep frying food,doing dishes and of course getting burned by all the dripping and splashing oil. I did learn a lot like how to season hamburger meat and the proper way to grill chicken. Management was okay, some of them weren't very professional. Most of my co-workers were nice but some were extreme rude and pushy. The hardest part of my job was probably assembling burgers since there's so many different combinations. The most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning because I didn't get burnt by dripping oil.
Cashier (Former Employee), Downtown Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Learning experience, lively enviroment
Cons: unsafe
On a typical day at McDonald's after I clock in I would either be on cash, stocking up product, cleaning, or preparing customers drinks/ desserts and delivering their meal in a timely matter.
At McDonald's I have learned that communication and patience is key to a successful career.
I found that my managers were very respectful, patient, and patient. They have been such good examples to me while I worked there.
My Co-workers are so friendly and down to earth. They all have great potential to do great things, and I wish them all the best for their futures.
The Hardest part of the job was the location. The location lacked safety, on more than one occasion we would have to call the police.
Taken for granted
Assistant Manger (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 10, 2016
Work your hardest for slight raises with chance of promotions but still under paid for such a large company, disappointing after so much time.
it payed the bills
Crew Member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: It's McDonald's
most coworkers were boys my age, and over all great to work with, management could use a complete reconstruction, enjoy most of my time here.
Efficient service to customers and friendly manner
Team Leader/ Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: minimum hours 6-8
Stocking up all the stuffs.
To be Responsible in all aspects.
Team Work. friendly and most enjoyable you get more friends and meet new friends. Co-worker some mean attitude and some making you hard time. the hardest part of the job you already do your own part but your still not making them proud and making a story that's not true about your responsibility
Not the best place to work
Fry cook, food assembly and griller (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: learn how to cook
Cons: getting burned
Face paced
Cashier and Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Good break time managment
Cons: Fast paced
Cashier
Bagging orders
Preparing food such as fries, pies, ice cream ect

Management did not care if someone was not doing their best. Rarely any thing would happen if a crew member was on their phone.
Decent Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Bonus, Crew Events
Cons: Unfriendly, Lack of Hours
-Make sure you ask them for cross-training otherwise they won't train you

-If some of the management team doesn't like you, you won't get many shifts

-Everyone is very store clicky (ie. if your from a different store in that patch you were treated differently)

-Management tells you one thing while the Owner tells you another

-They want things to be done their way not the way the training is stated
daily work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Cons: waking up early, not enough hours
I usually wake up early and my shift at work is early; I have a hard time in the mornings, but once the day gets going I am okay. I love serving and helping customers, and making them happy.
Very busy, great co-workers.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Free meals.
Cons: Unpredictable costumers.
most enjoyable part was getting to interact with co workers as well as meeting various costumers. getting to learn cashier and prepping and stocking routines.
Good first job.
Kitchen (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Learnt responsibility and how to work with other co-workers. Was a good place for me to get started in the working habit.
Its fun and enjoy working at McDonalds
Cashier (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: Long hours standing
With my co-workers especially.I in-counter different kinds of people,
I love working multi task on the floor when it is busy.
Fun and interactive environment with lots of room for advancement.
Part-time Job - Cashier (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Minimum wage; friendly work environment
Cons: Long hours; stressful during rush hours
McDonald's is a great place as a startingjob for students in high school or people that need flexible hours. There is a lot of valuable experience when working at McDonald's, such as team communication and leadership among coworkers. The stressful part of working here is going through the busy rush hours, when people are waiting a long while for their food which results in angry customers. I definitely enjoyed the various situations that seemed hard but were most beneficial as they resulted in the most vital experiences.
Very productive workplace
CREW TRAINER/CASHIER (Former Employee), 300 Borough Drive, Suite 4January 6, 2016
typical day at work very busy throughout the day, i learned to deal with customers as well train other employees. Managers thought me many lessons that i can use in every workplace. most enjoyable part of the job is that you will never get bored because there is always something in the workplace.
Headquarters