McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,638 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Cashier, Drive thru, Runner - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 19, 2016
I have learned to work with a team during busy hours of the day. I have learned to respect other people's opinions and ideas regarding the efficiency of active duties.Co-workers are friendly and helpful to me, management, and customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy everyone - management and customers - in a timely fashion.
It was a good high school part time job.
Part-time Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 19, 2016
Working at McDonald's was a good high school part time job. I enjoyed most of the time because I worked with my friends a lot. It also helped me to build my leadership skill, because sometimes I worked as a team lead in the back. However, it is not a job for me now due to the cost of life and my education.
Flexible and a good training ground
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2016
Mcdonald's is perfect for students. If you want a job who will cater best to your busy student life, then McDonald's is the one for you.
Coworkers are so friendly. You get a mix of customers, some are nice, some are mean. That's normal for a customer service focused job.
All in all, I enjoyed working at Mcdonald's and have learned a lot that I can use in the future- organization, patience, time management, honest, etc.
Cons
minimum wage; grease; stinky uniform
Fast paced, outgoing, opportunities to move-up quickly
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioApril 18, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at McDonald's - the atmosphere, the crew members, the Managment, and of course the customers.
Pros
Atmosphere, fast-paced, many opportunities to improve
Cons
Short filler shifts, pointless
McDonald's is an exciting, productive, environment that helps to enhance my skills
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONApril 18, 2016
Working at McDonald's has made me an overall faster, organized, and more motivated person. It has taught me that customers happiness does come first as well the safety of every individual, therefore it is my job to complete that goal.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
it does get messy
fun workplace and competent employees
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 18, 2016
I am with a very supportive management and energetic staff working in Mcdonalds. I was transferred in my current location when it was still new and the business was still slow. But now, it seems like everyone wants to eat and go to the drive thru. the hardest part is when I have to deal with missed shifts where my crew cant work under my shift but still I gave my 100% and tell my crew that we can still be on top. The most fun part of my job is knowing that at the end of the day I know that I served my customers with quality fast and accurate service and at the same time,having fun working with my employees.
A lot of favoritism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
The managers were not all that friendly, the staff was predominantly Asian and showed favoritism towards the Asian employees as well as employees of other races who attempt to assimilate the Asian language culture and behavior, they once insinuated an employee had mental issues when a customer got mad at him, instead of standing up for him because it was the customer in fact doing the wrong thing.
Pros
you meet some nice people
Cons
Managers show favortism
productive and fast pace environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quispamsis, NBApril 17, 2016
A typical day would be to come in during a busy hour and just hope in wherever needed.
I learnt communication skills, as well as multitasking. If I were working counter and had no customers, I would hop onto Drive Thru and help them, sometimes I would even hop in kitchen and help them. Over the course of three years I learnt almost every aspect of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be answering a customers question to their utmost satisfaction. I had a customer ask what are the healthiest choices available. Being a small McDonalds at the time there were not a lot of choices, but I was able to name off everything possible in a very quick and timely manner. My supervisor at the time (who had been listening over the headset), had notified me that the answer I had given was very professional and excellent.
Very fast paced/ was sick
Cook (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ONApril 17, 2016
I found this job at times to be very fast paced at times and had trouble keeping up at times as I was suffering from Metabolic Alkalosis an acidic disease that made me very overtired at times.
Fun work with nice people
Front Ender (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 17, 2016
A little stressful but overall good people. It was wonderful to have lots of people who were supportive of each other and who took your hours into healthy consideration. The bosses really cared bout who you are.
Pros
Discounted food and good people
Cons
Lots of standing
Comfortable and good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2016
-Learned how to work in a busy, fast paced work environment
-How to improve customer service and deal with complaining customers
-Became very close with co-workers
Pros
Friendly staff, good training
it was fun
Cashier/Maintenance/Drive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2016
the ability to work under stress also with a team. it help me with time management. i work well with other and have a good environment in the work area.
Pros
Cons
short hours
productive environment. learning more things.
Guest Experience Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 16, 2016
appreciates you job and they motivate everyone that can be more better.
different individuals you meet from different cultures and having more friends.
Pros
free meals
Cons
need to reach the highest percentage all the time
Amazing Environment, Poor Management
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 15, 2016
It was an amazing experience, making many new friends at two locations. However, I have started to notice that the owners don't care how long you have worked for them, they want to pay you as low as they can. I have only been given a 15 cent raise over my minimum wage after 3 years of working. The management is poor and rude.
Pros
Amazing friends
Cons
Poor Owners/management