McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,775 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Kitchener ontarioMay 13, 2016
I alwas worked closing but it wasnt thst bad. The people were nice. If you needed help with anything they would help you which is good for mcdonalds
You weren't allowed to buy food for else where during your break and you weren't allowed to leave the property which wasn't fair.
Sucks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2016
horrible work experiance and enviroment did not feel welcome at all they really did not care about when something was going on in the work place
Starts off as a decent place to work, but your value is evident over time.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 13, 2016
I have worked for Mcdonald's for 9 years. In the beginning of my employment it seemed I was treated fairly and even made hours to cover my expenses however that has changed over time, as I am constantly having try to get hours from other employees in order to make ends meat. They expect you to run around and not stop moving from the moment you step on the floor until the moment you get off work and if you manage to get a shift that legally requires a break my location doesn't even have a break room and they request that we do not eat in the customer area. The main benefit to working there is the 50% off your meals at work and anywhere in the country with your employee card however they have put strict limitations on what you may buy using the card discount. If you need a job to make a little spending money and aren't counting on it to pay rent/bills, it's not the worst job around.
Pros
50% off meals in canada and a few other discounts from their partners.
Cons
Minimum wage with no breathe room.
Great place to work with great people
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 12, 2016
Working at mcdonald's taught me how to work as a team and be a leader. I have experienced many things and admire the people I work with. You learn a lot in this type of job and can be used to further your work experience in the future.
Loved My Team
SERVER/KITCHEN WORKER (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NLMay 12, 2016
I actually loved working here, day was very fast paced and busy, loved my co workers and the customers. Wishing I didn't leave to go to the other job I had. Management was okay, nice people but there was some faults in the system. Pay could have been better but overall, great work experience.
Team work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  yonge and 16thMay 12, 2016
Working at McDonald's has been a great experience for me. I have improved on many skills such as my communication, and customer service representation. One of the great part of this job is teamwork, as we all know that it gets really busy at McDonald's during lunch time, and this is the time where we really put in our work and effort into it. Multitasking is also another major experience working at McDonald's. I would say one of the hardest part while working is being under pressure especially when there are not enough employee's working on the floor during that time. Over all, I really enjoy guest experience leadership as talking to customers and making them feel comfortable in the environment, as well as getting really close with some of your crew members and depending on how long you have worked in that location, you would eventually refer to them as family.
Pros
Crew outing events
Cons
Being under pressure
A good place to begin your career.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 12, 2016
Fast paced work environment that will give anyone looking to enter the work force a start to their career. Good if you enjoy fast food service.
Pros
Good Starting Salary
Cons
Can be Overwhelming At Times
Its a fun loving place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 12, 2016
People are amazing, help you with almost all the work required. flexible shifts are given with sufficient hour. The crew members are co-operative, as a leader i train the new crew members, at the end of the day you would definitely feel happy about the place and not stressed out about working there. The money is good, minimum wage, with no benefits on a few products, like 10% discount.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Understanding one another
I geniunly loved working with everyone at McDonald's
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 11, 2016
Everyday working at McDonald's was a new day to learn something new. Every Manager, the Owners, right down to my fellow co-workers and I were happy & positive people. Although many others may not see McDonald's to be a high end job, I was honored to work there amongst such wonderful people. Just to know that I was able to put a smile on someone else's face always makes me happy. I believe that not very many people know what you as a person are going through, someone could be having the worst day so why should I be an addition. The Sunshine experience is what I am all about, and working at McDonald's helped me to portray this to customers and my Co-Workers.
Pros
We had 50% of our employee meals
Cons
My Feet hurt at the end of every day
it was alright for a student.
CASHIER AND GRILL COOK (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NSMay 11, 2016
It wasnt that great of a job, good for students and had a great family vibe to it. we were always one big family. Pay is minimum as expected but i did enjoy it.
productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 11, 2016
mcdonalds is one of the best jobs to have while trying to figure out what you want to do with life, you learn great customer service and life skills that you need.
Good employees and employers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saanich, BCMay 11, 2016
A typical day at work keeps you busy and involved with the work environment, whether its helping customers or keeping the store in check with its cleanliness and stock. The employers were valuable in helping new employees get around the store and how to work new positions and try new tasks. When people new which tasks were there's to be done and focused, the store ran smoother than water, though thats not to say there weren't any mistakes or setbacks; we're all only human.
I don't believe there were really any hard parts, next to dealing with disagreeable customers, who were delt with quickly and spectacularly.
Everyone works well together and that had to be the most enjoyable part; everyone knew their spot, their part to play, and how to help out if a new employee was struggling.
Pros
large percentage off of a meal purchase, leeway on taking time off, ability to change shifts with little hassle
Cons
Nasty customers that still require a smile and a 'have a nice day'.
Great environment and management
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 11, 2016
The co workers there are all really friendly as well as really helpful as well. Management is ready to offer there assistance whenever it's needed and hours are flexible.
Fun to go in to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 11, 2016
A good manager can make all the difference in the world. Working here was great. It's really rewarding to work in an environment that is so structured while also maintaining great relationships with your coworkers.
Pros
Discount on Merchandise
Mcdonal's review
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 11, 2016
Great place to work at and gain experience for a first job. Learn many skills at McDonald's and great management. Learn how to work with various customers in different situation under pressure
Working at McDonald's
Kitchen Staff/Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 11, 2016
Working at McDonald's restaurant, I learned many skills such as working with customers, understanding the basics of how the store functions and its importance, multi-tasking within multiple stations, and working in a faced paced environment. My co-workers were very polite and made coming to work enjoyable and the managers had the perfect balance of knowing when things had to be done and when to kick back and enjoy the presence of the crew and overall workplace. Like any other workplace there were the "off days" but I never took anything personal and let it interfere with the effectiveness of my job. The time here has been memorable and something that I will hold on to in the future, but at this particular time I am looking to move on.
Pros
Kind staff and managers
Cons
Extensive standing
McDonalds restaurant cashier
Mavis Britannia - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
Received payments for food and merchandise and gave out change for the customers. Dealt with customer relations. Efficiently packed food in bags and distributed them to the appropriate customers. Cleaned the restaurant including the lobby and backrooms.
a work environment that trains in basic skills needed to pursue other job opportunities
CASHIER/FOOD RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
Job had very flexible work schedule which coordinated well with my classes. a typical day at work would be answer customer questions and concerns, greeting customers, and running food orders proficiently and accurately.
hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. The best part was interacting with the customers and interacting with them.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Simple job
Cashier/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 10, 2016
Whilst working here I had very bad experiences with the managers and other employees, unnecessary insults, improper work ethics, attitude from managers towards customers.
friendly and fun workplace to work with
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  bayview and eglintonMay 10, 2016
Being part of a team member in McDonald's is extremely helpful to my life as an independent student. They help me improve my confidence and my communication through daily basis. They help me to balance my life as a student and my job. McDonald's is known as a friendly environment because we welcome new people as family.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
rude behavior from customers