McDonald's
27,914 reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, hard working and dynamic workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), boul maurice duplessisNovember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off
Cons: low pay
Just like any other job, as the new guy, your expected to clean a little more than your peers. For me that was ok i had no problem with that since i do every thing i was told to do on a daily basis at home. Everyone was friendly and cooperative willing to help the new guy (me). The dynamic feel was a nice refreshing touch to the dread of the uniform – more... and the for-sight of the next 5-8 hours of work that were before you.The main thing about this job was the manager a good manager kept u busy and did not expect you to know what to do at all times though that is expected of you but sometimes unrealistic since there are moments during the day where it is slow but with time you would learn the routines.Over all decent place to start your job experience. – less
Management appreciation
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: too much of it is bad
Serving food, taking cash or cooking food and passing it to my co-workers.

I was thought me how to really understand personalities, The workplace was very diverse and the managers handle all of us as equals, it was something to appreciate.

There was a great set of managers that made my everyday work at the workplace enjoyable. In terms of the workload – more... it never felt as though you were two titles or 2 dollars in hourly rate away from them.

Co-workers were all easy going as long as you understand that they are human, and there will be times when they have a bad day.

Dealing with customers by far the most difficult part, through many things their lack of communication, and ignorance to what they are truly entitled to and the obligation that lies between you and them which is stretched and you will be tested.

Dealing with customers by far is the most enjoyable part, the different experiences in what you see,hear, and what is done by customer can be very humorous at times. It can turn your bad day good and help you understand how to find the light in a future negative situation. – less
Good place to start but not to stay
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Edmonton ABNovember 7, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: low pay, stressful environment
it was a great place to start when entering the work force but the work is hadr and you are constantly under pressure. the pay is also not good as most McDonalds start at minimum wage so that makes things worse.
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Bolton, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short shifts
You will meet great people and learn about the fast food industry
Cashier (Current Employee), Lancaster, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free soda, 50% off food.
Cons: painful shoes.
Mcdonalds has taught me a lot like how to properly work in customer service and how to work a cash. I got along well with all of my co workers and the management. The hardest part of the job was getting rude responses from customers , and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make people smile and serving people.
What I learned
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), SudburyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours
I learned many things like how to work efficiently and quickly, how to work under high preasure and stress
The first place I ever worked
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London ONNovember 5, 2014
The first place I ever worked. Good hours, and good to the employees.
cashier (Current Employee), montreal, qcNovember 5, 2014
Pros: 50% off everything
Cons: you either get too many hours or not enough
A nice environment to work in, the people are nice and helpful most of the time. The job isn't complicated so it isn't hard to catch on and do what you can on your own to make things go smoothly.
I learned how to make majority of the sandwiches, how to clean the McCafe machine, how to work the cash and run the orders.
The management is overall a great – more... group of people.
Most of my coworkers are extremely nice people but others, not so much.
The hardest part of the job is trying to get the orders out quickly during the rush but the kitchen staff is taking long to prepare the orders.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends at work and being able to talk and joke around with my coworkers and management because it makes the workplace a nice place to be. – less
Productive and fun work place to work
Crew member (Current Employee), 1168 ST. Clair Ave W, Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
Working at McDonald is a great experience. You developed leadership skill as well as coordinating.
had a great time working there
cashier (Former Employee), Delta, BCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: having to work graveyard while being in school
It was a highschool part time job, and all my friends were working with me which made working a blast and a good time each time i went to work. I enjoyed seeing new customers and being able to provide them the service they came for and maintained the time limit all times.
Good first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sometimes have bad situations to handle
good first job
team work is important
learn to work in rushes
Fun but busy workplace, over worked
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: inconsiderate
A typical day at work can either go smooth or extremely chaotic. Working at mcdonalds you learn the important fundamentals of team work and working in a fast pace environment and still be able to ensure great customer service. Management is a huge group of people some managers are better than some, in a majority of aspects. Hardest part of the job is – more... probably just being on your feet majority if not all the time. Most enjoyable part of Mcdonalds is just being around my coworkers, they make the day go a bit faster. – less
It was a great place to get experience
o Hostess/Swing Manager (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABNovember 2, 2014
Pros: set availability
Cons: wage sucked
how to work as a time and in management you are not friends with the staff
An amazing first job.
Cashier Cook (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 31, 2014
Pros: 50% off all items
The hardest part of the job was when it was rushing (mornings, lunch and super.) A typical day at work was assembling sandwiches, cleaning and maintaining the restaurant equipment. Co-workers were amazing filled with enthusiasm and motivation.
Great way to start a working career
Team Leader (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 30, 2014
its a great start up to a new step on everyone's life, getting a job. with friendly staff and management a great career choice to begin a journey
fun job you meet with new peoples everyday. new challenge everyday
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2014
i am people person so i like my job but wanna grow more.its nice when you work in a grow, ready to accept a challenge everyday.
fast paced environment that enforces hard work with good management
Kitchen Crew Member (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working in the hot kitchen
my shift starts at 5:30am and finishes at 1:30 pm. My tasks include stocking the meat and chicken freezers for the morning and afternoon, prepping large amounts of condiments for the assembly line, pulling enough buns to get through the morning and lunch time rush, as well as cooking food and making sandwiches at the same time. I work consistently with – more... the same crew Monday to Friday, and it can be frustrating but we put aside personal issues and work well as a team to accomplish our goals for the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with long and fast paced rushes that can come from out of nowhere. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow employees that I have made friends with. – less
It's McDonalds...
Crew Member (Former Employee), ArnpriorOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 50% off
Cons: no respect
well it was my first job...and Im happy it isnt my last job.
Very disrespectful.
Wouldnt work around other job priorities.
Managment was very rude and disrespectful.
Cashier (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: long hours
Great staff, fast pace job. Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, but the most enjoyable is working along great people
Crew member (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 27, 2014
The hardest part of the job was not burning yourself on the grill. The most enjoyble part of the job was when I put in my 2 weeks notice.

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more