McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,950 reviews matching the search
Overall Good experience
McDonalds (Current Employee) –  Maisonneuve, QCMarch 29, 2016
Although management at McDonalds was very well handled.

I didn't find that the workplace had an environment of growth and personal development.

The job on another hand comes with it's beneficials.
I developed my customer service skill and I operated in many fields.
( Cash Register, Drive through, Kitchen, Unloading supply trucks.)
Pros
Free lunches - gave shifts when asked for
Cons
at times, Would give shifts that weren't in my availability. I would still show up any way.
Fun and interactive environment with lots of room for advancement.
Part-time Job - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 6, 2016
McDonald's is a great place as a startingjob for students in high school or people that need flexible hours. There is a lot of valuable experience when working at McDonald's, such as team communication and leadership among coworkers. The stressful part of working here is going through the busy rush hours, when people are waiting a long while for their food which results in angry customers. I definitely enjoyed the various situations that seemed hard but were most beneficial as they resulted in the most vital experiences.
Pros
Minimum wage; friendly work environment
Cons
Long hours; stressful during rush hours
Productive and fast paced work place
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2015
Amazing place to work. Get to learn many things that you can take from the work place and use it in other environments. Also get to work with different people with different personality. The work place also gives many chances to create advancements and grow with the management team.
lack of communication
Retail Fast Food service, cash, customer service (Current Employee) –  grimsby, onDecember 18, 2015
During training HR lady kept saying "customers are idiots". It put me off right off the bat.
I received 2 hours of training and put on cash next morning having never used the breakfast menu screen.
Received no further training, just a lot of supervisors bossing you around.
I told manager that I would like to change my availability to 2 days plus occasional Sat mornings and I found next time I was at work - my login had been deleted - still don't know for sure - 10 days later if I even still work there. No one has spoken to me, called me or even emailed me. Then this morning my pay should have been in my bank, but was not. Tried to reach HR and they are not there today. Most frustrating and confusing experience of my career. Dendres McDonalds Grimsby, Ontario Store
Not the best place to work
Fry cook, food assembly and griller (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at work would usually be grilling food, deep frying food,doing dishes and of course getting burned by all the dripping and splashing oil. I did learn a lot like how to season hamburger meat and the proper way to grill chicken. Management was okay, some of them weren't very professional. Most of my co-workers were nice but some were extreme rude and pushy. The hardest part of my job was probably assembling burgers since there's so many different combinations. The most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning because I didn't get burnt by dripping oil.
Pros
learn how to cook
Cons
getting burned
Productive and very fast-pace workers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros
Free drinks all day.
Cons
Horrible hours.
Good first job to have
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 2, 2016
I learned how to work as a team and work quickly but efficiently. the people are nice, I do not enjoy being yelled at during the day. The hardest part of the job is moving as fast as they expect you to and also making to food look as nice as they want it to look. the most enjoyable is that they are very flexible with hours while you are in school or doing extracurricular activities they will work around your schedule no problem.
Pros
employee of the month benefits
Cons
minimum wage pay
Stressful but doable and enjoyable.
Overnight Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Facts: stressful, fast paced, very demanding and salary doesn't justify what you do over there. And that's why a lot of people quit working at Mcdonald's. But on the other hand, you find nice and funny people who would release some of the stress in the workplace. For me I find it kind of very demanding but doable. Because I really enjoy working with my overnight co-workers and laugh with them, but by the time I'm home my feet would be sore like h*ll.
Pros
Free food for overnight crew members.
Cons
Very demanding.