McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,075 reviews matching the search
amazing productivity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
typical day at work ensuring the restaruant is ready to be open & procedures in place....learned how to deal with escalated situations.. management fanstastic..co-workers amazing...hardest part of the job is making everyone contented...enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on everyone's face & inspired by each other as a team
Pros
lunches etc
Cons
at times assist
Good first job to have
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 2, 2016
I learned how to work as a team and work quickly but efficiently. the people are nice, I do not enjoy being yelled at during the day. The hardest part of the job is moving as fast as they expect you to and also making to food look as nice as they want it to look. the most enjoyable is that they are very flexible with hours while you are in school or doing extracurricular activities they will work around your schedule no problem.
Pros
employee of the month benefits
Cons
minimum wage pay
Fun and interactive environment with lots of room for advancement.
Part-time Job - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 6, 2016
McDonald's is a great place as a startingjob for students in high school or people that need flexible hours. There is a lot of valuable experience when working at McDonald's, such as team communication and leadership among coworkers. The stressful part of working here is going through the busy rush hours, when people are waiting a long while for their food which results in angry customers. I definitely enjoyed the various situations that seemed hard but were most beneficial as they resulted in the most vital experiences.
Pros
Minimum wage; friendly work environment
Cons
Long hours; stressful during rush hours
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBMarch 21, 2016
a typical day at work is a very social one, you're always talking and running around. I learned many good skills to help me in future jobs. Poor management. All my co-workers were lovely people other than one or two. The hardest part of the job was not letting rude people get to you. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun while working.
Pros
50 percent off products
Cons
poor management
Not understanding, not good people
Cooking - Fry products, food prep (Former Employee) –  Sooke, BCFebruary 24, 2016
At mcdonalds it wasnt hard, it was really simple. Sure it was hard to stand on your feet all day but its a job.
At this work place they where not understanding, I go to school full time now. At the time school was right around the corner from summer. Ihad asked for different hours since I had shifts at 4 am.
They had fired me because I could not work at four am durning school days.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
early shifts
Productive and fast paced work place
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2015
Amazing place to work. Get to learn many things that you can take from the work place and use it in other environments. Also get to work with different people with different personality. The work place also gives many chances to create advancements and grow with the management team.
Sr. Manager, Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 26, 2015
Not a bad place to start your career. You get the opportunity to learn by doing. There are a ton of barriers for advancement. The company is built on the shoulders of young people who're humble and have no career ambitions aside from making it at McDonald's.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Zero work/life balance. Always under pressure to perform and produce more.