McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mcdonalds
cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 21, 2014
McDonald's only offers 3 hour shifts to part time workers. Management was poor, staff was friendly. fast paced environment
Not bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: poor management
Work flexibility is good, management was not.
Busy all the time
friendly co-wokers
Fun workplace
Sales Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Pros: free meals, lots of hours
Cons: unorginization, childish behaviour
The managers were not organized, i found myself constantly having to run for myself, getting orders myself, and helping in many various areas where the managers or supervisors were supposed to be.
I found myself solving most of customers complaints because they were not available.
I enjoyed mcdonalds being my first job.
Late night manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, abJune 18, 2014
i worked a lot i was very flexable working there was very easy going and i enjoyed being employed there. The managers and crew were amazing . Everyone got along .
Productive and professional workplace
Crew Trainer, Cashier, Order Taker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2014
A typical day at work is quite busy and we work under pressure. This job has taught me how to operate under pressure, how to multitask and to follows instructions given by the supervisors and managers. The management is quite understanding and cooperative and always tries to engage crew in how to better the company and the workplace area.The hardest – more... part of the job is the constant moving around and the most enjoyable is being in a friendly, respectful work environment. – less
It wasn't to bad
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Medicanehat, AlbertaJune 17, 2014
bad bosses, other workers did nothing pretty much, the pay was alright I promised my self I would never go back to a McDonalds again.
wish i didn't have to leave
Cashier, manager, baker (Former Employee), Ottawa OnatrioJune 17, 2014
It was a great and friendly place too work? but I had found out I was pregnet so never went back
with they paid more for jobs like this, but a fun and productive place to work
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: great place to learn and grow
Cons: minimum wage
great place to grow customer service skills. like a second family from home. some days are more challenging than some, but experience is the best teacher
Basic as it gets.
Cook (Former Employee), ChathamJune 16, 2014
Mc Donalds was fun for a bit, the 50% who can complain with that. But the work is boring the employees are greasy, and overall it is just not a good place to work.
Great For An Introductory Job in the Workforce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: excellent training, flexible schedule
Cons: short and not enough shifts, dealing with rude customers
McDonald's is great place to get a start in the working world. The training programs are fantastic, and you really feel part of a team. They thoroughly welcome you when you start, and they try their best to accommodate you as an employee.
I did find there were a few problems that came up with scheduling. I personally found it hard to get enough hours – more... of work each week. But it really fluctuates a lot.
Its a fantastic job, for young people who are either in school, or just finishing up.
Working at McDonald's, provided me with invaluable experience in the working world, and helped me to develop good work ethic, and how to give excellent customer service. – less
Fast paced and Fun environment, but Not enough support team-wise.
Cashier (Former Employee), Upper Tantallon, NSJune 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great team workers, strict break policies.
Cons: wage, management
A typical day at work for myself would consist of; working cash, either up front or on drive thru, or running orders, which means getting them ready. Depending on how long my shift was I received 0-2 breaks.
While working here I learned leadership skills, how to be independent on the job if needed but also to work as a team. I learned proper stocking – more... and sanitation techniques, and how to deal with problems that customers may have.
Management was difficult, as a lot of times favorites were picked out and given special treatment and privileges; such as using their phone on the job. Often times an employee would find themselves left in a situation without help because management would be too busy to help.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of team members on shifts. It was frequent that only 2-4 people would be put on shift, and more often than not one or more would call in sick or not show up. At times I would find myself to be the only one of drive thru, which meant i was responsible for taking, paying off, running, and delivering the food to the customer while only one window was open for use; which means every other customer was forced to wait until that order was completely finished.
While the lack of team members was the hardest task to deal with, it was also quite enjoyable. Afterwards, I would feel a sense of satisfaction and pride that i managed to kick into gear and take on the roles of 3 people.
All in all, it was a great work experience and their training program was very thorough and easy to understand. – less
Workplace
Swing Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKJune 16, 2014
Pros: team and sales
Cons: complaints
My duties at Mcdonald's are: achieving sales target, handling customer complaints and solve them, telling crew their duties, handling cash, food safety, office work and keep everything organized and clean. I learn a lot about customer service, office work and computer. The hardest part of my job is to making sales and i always work really hard achieve – more... my goal and i achieved sale goal lot of time and. The most enjoyable part is when i handle the cash and answering phone calls and lot of activities with crew. – less
Fast paced steady Job
Grill - Part time (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 14, 2014
Pros: 50% discount, generally very easy people to work with
Cons: amount of work compared to pay (grill/assembly definitely have to do more work than other positions)
Working at McDonald's is definitely one of the more intense job I have worked at. I was between Working in the Grill area and Maintenance.

Typical day for me was 11-7 and meant working through both the lunch and supper rushes, and it was a heavy workload for people assigned to work Grill. Making good times was just as important as accuracy in orders – more... so there was a lot of pressure.

Also 2 very different groups working there depending on when you work, I saw both sides. If you worked in the morning, you worked with the older, full time crowd. If later you would work with younger kids and for the most part they both have their ups and downs, obviously try to work with your own age group I would say.

Management can be hit or miss like and job. I would go as far as to say that the assistance management and owners are some of the best people I have worked with, making the job more enjoyable. Though at the same time there are many swing managers there that did not work well with everyone and worked more like a regular employee.

The hardest thing about the job is definitely having to maintain multiple areas as they thin out staff when it slows down. Also knowing how to change things like the Coke/syrup means you will almost always pulled off to do such things.

Most enjoyable part? I would say working with mostly women, they seem to have better work ethics there and makes my job easier because I do not have to pick up as much slack. – less
Great team!
Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJune 13, 2014
Pros: good lunch break hours, strong team (most of the time)
Cons: long hours, unsupportive and argumentitive managment, new employees were made to feel unwelccom and unwaned by supervisory staff.
I had a pretty good experience with Mc Donald's, I would go back to work for that company, just not the particular Mc Donald's that I worked at. The specific location I was at had poor communication skills, a lo of orders daily would get messed up, and poor team leadership. Other than that on good days and the right mixture of workers, everything was – more... very neat and tidy, the team worked will with each other and everyone helped everyone with minimal supervision – less
cooking
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), ajaxJune 13, 2014
mcdonalds is a fun place to work at, my co wokers are great. management is great and everybody always has a fun time working with one another. a typical day at work would be preparing orders and cleaning up the kitchen.
enjoyable work place
managerial (Former Employee), Yorkton, SKJune 13, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: language barriers
McDonalds is a great place for any person looking for flexible hours with above minimum wage
Hard working friendly group of people
Crew member (Current Employee), Winnipeg MbJune 12, 2014
Pros: half price at all mcdonald's locations, friendly positive attitudes
Cons: greasy, hot, fast pace, understaffed
Great to work with lot's of friends and have good relationships with all the staff and managers. If you have a problem take it up with the manager and it will get fixed or something will change.
Mcdonalds Management Sucks
Crew Member (Former Employee), LethbridgeJune 12, 2014
Pros: 50% off flexible hours
Cons: management
i have worked at 3 different mcdonalds and the managment sucks there if you ask for more hours they usually will not give you more hours and the pay minimum wage.
Productive and clean work envirment
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 12, 2014
I enjoyed working for the McDonald's co. However, I worked in two different locations and found that one location was more successful than the other due to a better, team oriented management and employee staff. The last McDonald's location I worked at wasn't well managed, and I felt a strong sense of high strong personality's, which in my opinion is – more... never well mixed in any customer service or team run environment. – less
Crew Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
Aways busy. Though it tends to be busy at times which is expected the crew works together to get the job done as efficiently as possible to ensure customer satisfaction.

About McDonald's

McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million – Read more