McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,198 reviews matching the search
Great place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2016
This is where I started my employment journey. I personally knew most of the people who worked there because they went to my school. The managers, supervisors were very nice and understanding, overall had a great time working here
Rude enviornment
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 11, 2016
I didn't really enjoy working at McDonald's because the customers and other staff weren't the nicest people around. Management was awesome but my Co-workers were not the best.
Pros
50% off every McDonald's
Cons
Staff
Fun and engaging workplace at McDonalds
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at McDonalds would start off with busy breakfast time period. Around 10:30 AM the rush cools down, and the rush starts again at 12:00 PM. I enjoy my half hour break between the time of 10-12. After a long and tiring day, my shift would end at 3:00. By working at McDonalds I have learned many great skills of which include the ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, clients, and staff. The hardest part of the job would have been to be able to juggle all the rushing customers while directing the staff members. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the smiles on the customers as the leave the store.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Not enough hours
Was an interesting place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work, flip burgers watch managers who probably shouldn't have been promoted, break under pressure.
I learned excellent customer service skills.
The head manager was great but then he left and the new manager isn't the greatest guy. The other shift managers, like i said earlier, I question why they got their management title. They put down works and set a negative work environment.
The hardest part of the job was the lunch time rush how every it was also the most testing and enjoyable part of the job.
Challenging job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2016
It's busy at lunchtime. My co-workers are nice and helpful. I learned the importance of dealing with customers and different types of people. Good management. The hardest part of the job is when it is very busy and I'm the only one working in the kitchen making sandwiches/burgers and batch cooking due to lack of crews. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I make the customers smile and laugh. It feels so good to make someone happy even when you are tired and stressed.
Pros
50% crew meal
Cons
dealing with grumpy customers