McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great first job
Grill Worker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: discounted food, management
Cons: wage
I prepped all the food as well as lead the kitchen to make sure everything was running smoothly and the food was going out quick. The hardest part was keeping up with the breakfast and lunch rush on weekends. The most enjoyable part was learning what its like to work for the first time and have wonderful associates to work with.
Amazing people, Fast past envorment and AWFUL customers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: 50% of meal, platnium card, amazing friends, semi-good food
Cons: sometimes went without break, calling police on customers often, management ignoring crews needs, broken equimpment
I loved the people I met at McDonalds and I appreciate all the skills that I had picked up from my time spent there. However, my management team wasn't the best and I did not feel like my needs were met. A lot of things happened underneath their noses and it was painful as a crew member to have to deal with THEIR mistakes. However, after you pick up – more... the work and you have a little times practice you get to know the McDonalds system quickly and begin to appreciate fast food environments more and meet people from many different backgrounds and stories. Personally, McDonalds was a good temporary job. – less
productive and enjoyable work place
CREW TRAINER (Current Employee), London, HounslowJune 25, 2014
Pros: less shifts
Cons: maximum hours
my first day was hard for me, things were new to me. with the passage of time i have learnt everything quickly and effectively. i can work in the kitchen with the speed. i can accept any challenge. i would like to mention that, i am flexible anywhere in kitchen and front counter. i enjoy to work with my co-workers and i always try to learn from them – more... as they are old, they are more experienced. the hardest part of job i found is to go on front counter instead of that i enjoy in the kitchen working very fast. – less
Very flexible schedules
Crew member (Current Employee), Guildford Town Centre, WalmartJune 24, 2014
Pros: events to attend
Cons: call-ins are only 30- an hour beforehand
Working at McDonalds has helped a lot with developing my customer service skills; through my experience there I was able to meet great people and learn more about the workplace.
A Great Place To Learn A Lot Of New Things
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 24, 2014
I think working for McDonalds has been something very positive in my life, but I also feel I need a bit of change and it is the right time. I loved the aspect of being only my feet all day and it's literally go, go go. I loved learning the different aspects of shift control and all the tools they have for you to help you with those aspects. I enjoyed – more... training new crew members and giving feedback when needed. I think I enjoyed the crew interactions the most in this job and building a relationship with your co-workers. – less
I loved working at McDonald's it was a great first job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 23, 2014
Pros: half price on all poducts
Working at McDonald's was a really fun experience that helped me get used to work... I worked there for 2 years and at the end of it knew how to do everything you could possibly do at McDonald's for Day shift and Night shift... It was a good experience to work there.
bad management but very flexible
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2014
very flexible
manager is rude and takes advantage of her position
fast-paced environment
Learning
Cashier/ Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 23, 2014
I work everywhere. I take orders, train new people and make orders in the back. I learned many skills here such as learning to deal with money quickly, taking fast orders, increased my communication skills and learned how to be quick at the job. Hardest part of the job is when there are not enough people working and the enjoyable part would be the people – more... I work with. – less
Fun place to work, easy going work enviorment
Crew (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 22, 2014
Pros: free food and amazing fellow empolyees
Cons: the smell and grease
The managers and crew were very out going and friendly when I first started working there. There wasn't really any difficulties with this job, very straight forward and repetitive. I enjoyed everything about the job, from the tasks I was given to the people I worked with. Management was also very understanding when a family matter came up and I had – more... to take a day or two off. – less
Mcdonalds
cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 21, 2014
McDonald's only offers 3 hour shifts to part time workers. Management was poor, staff was friendly. fast paced environment
Not bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: poor management
Work flexibility is good, management was not.
Busy all the time
friendly co-wokers
Fun workplace
Sales Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Pros: free meals, lots of hours
Cons: unorginization, childish behaviour
The managers were not organized, i found myself constantly having to run for myself, getting orders myself, and helping in many various areas where the managers or supervisors were supposed to be.
I found myself solving most of customers complaints because they were not available.
I enjoyed mcdonalds being my first job.
Late night manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, abJune 18, 2014
i worked a lot i was very flexable working there was very easy going and i enjoyed being employed there. The managers and crew were amazing . Everyone got along .
Productive and professional workplace
Crew Trainer, Cashier, Order Taker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2014
A typical day at work is quite busy and we work under pressure. This job has taught me how to operate under pressure, how to multitask and to follows instructions given by the supervisors and managers. The management is quite understanding and cooperative and always tries to engage crew in how to better the company and the workplace area.The hardest – more... part of the job is the constant moving around and the most enjoyable is being in a friendly, respectful work environment. – less
It wasn't to bad
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Medicanehat, AlbertaJune 17, 2014
bad bosses, other workers did nothing pretty much, the pay was alright I promised my self I would never go back to a McDonalds again.
wish i didn't have to leave
Cashier, manager, baker (Former Employee), Ottawa OnatrioJune 17, 2014
It was a great and friendly place too work? but I had found out I was pregnet so never went back
with they paid more for jobs like this, but a fun and productive place to work
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: great place to learn and grow
Cons: minimum wage
great place to grow customer service skills. like a second family from home. some days are more challenging than some, but experience is the best teacher
Basic as it gets.
Cook (Former Employee), ChathamJune 16, 2014
Mc Donalds was fun for a bit, the 50% who can complain with that. But the work is boring the employees are greasy, and overall it is just not a good place to work.
Great For An Introductory Job in the Workforce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: excellent training, flexible schedule
Cons: short and not enough shifts, dealing with rude customers
McDonald's is great place to get a start in the working world. The training programs are fantastic, and you really feel part of a team. They thoroughly welcome you when you start, and they try their best to accommodate you as an employee.
I did find there were a few problems that came up with scheduling. I personally found it hard to get enough hours – more... of work each week. But it really fluctuates a lot.
Its a fantastic job, for young people who are either in school, or just finishing up.
Working at McDonald's, provided me with invaluable experience in the working world, and helped me to develop good work ethic, and how to give excellent customer service. – less
Fast paced and Fun environment, but Not enough support team-wise.
Cashier (Former Employee), Upper Tantallon, NSJune 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great team workers, strict break policies.
Cons: wage, management
A typical day at work for myself would consist of; working cash, either up front or on drive thru, or running orders, which means getting them ready. Depending on how long my shift was I received 0-2 breaks.
While working here I learned leadership skills, how to be independent on the job if needed but also to work as a team. I learned proper stocking – more... and sanitation techniques, and how to deal with problems that customers may have.
Management was difficult, as a lot of times favorites were picked out and given special treatment and privileges; such as using their phone on the job. Often times an employee would find themselves left in a situation without help because management would be too busy to help.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of team members on shifts. It was frequent that only 2-4 people would be put on shift, and more often than not one or more would call in sick or not show up. At times I would find myself to be the only one of drive thru, which meant i was responsible for taking, paying off, running, and delivering the food to the customer while only one window was open for use; which means every other customer was forced to wait until that order was completely finished.
While the lack of team members was the hardest task to deal with, it was also quite enjoyable. Afterwards, I would feel a sense of satisfaction and pride that i managed to kick into gear and take on the roles of 3 people.
All in all, it was a great work experience and their training program was very thorough and easy to understand. – less

About McDonald's

McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million – Read more