McDonald's
23,812 reviews

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A pretty good place to work at with good management
sales executive (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I would clock myself in, and start working in the back making burgers and fries. Every now and then i would work as a cashier. At the end of the day, i would throw out the garbage. I learned how to use a fryer. My manager was a very nice person, and the hardest part of my job was the long hours. The most enjoyable was getting paid.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: platinum card benefits; 50% off food.
Cons: rude customers yelling at you
McDonalds is a great first job. As it is a fast paced environment you quickly gain the skills necessary to become an effective member of their team. Also the working atmosphere at McDonalds is great. Everyone there is like one big happy family, making it a very welcoming experience.
Great workplace for students
Crew member (Former Employee), London OntarioJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere, feels like a real team
Very flexible, great management, good breaks, training was good.
Customers were great
Swing manager (Former Employee), Woodstock NBJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free meals
Customer satisfaction, fast hot food, ran shift , kept payroll in check, made sure everyone stayed busy.

didn't ask crew to do anything I wasnt willing to do myself.
Hrdest pasrt of the job , was managers had thier own agenda, instead of that of McDonalds.

Most enjoyable was a job well done
Decent place of employment.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discount on meals.
Cons: extreme favourtism between managers and employees.
McDonald's is a great first job, but I would not necessarily recommend working there longer than a few years. I have learned a lot in my 5 years at this job, things like how to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers. Also, how to work quickly and accurately, making sure that customers are satisfied with our service, as well – more... as their order. – less
was a really fun place to work everyone joked around and was sometimes taken to far.
Midnight Crew (Former Employee), Kenora, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free meals, free break periods when possible.
Cons: most workers in-mature.
a typical day at work was simple your at your station for about eight to ten hours with a few breaks when you can take them when you work overnight. The management always had a sense of humour which was nice on a bad night everyone there always tried to cheer everyone else up when they where having a bad day .
easy, stressful, teamwork, motivation, working fast.
Cashier (Former Employee), Digby, NSJuly 1, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: busy days
A typical day at work was easy and stressful. I learned how to work as a team and not a solo player, my cow workers were amazing and fun to be around! it was very motivating.
The hardest part of the job was when we got busy and had to work faster. the most enjoyable was closing time. everyone had time to relax for a few minutes there was no rush.
Good place to earn work experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioJune 29, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: location
Honestly, having McDonald's as a first job has taught me a lot. If not for the location, the job would have been so much better.
great place
Swing Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2014
great training skills that relate to other job great employee outings overall great job
Really fun and informative
KITCHEN ASSEMBLY/ CASHIER (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 27, 2014
It was a great experience as a first job and I met a lot of great people that helped me achieve my goals. I really learned the importance of teamwork, because collaboration truly helps get goals accomplished much faster
Productive and fun workplace
STAFF (Current Employee), Peace River, ABJune 27, 2014
Harwoker, can work long hours can finish the task as easy as I can.
Fast Paced Fast Food Environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Oakville,ONJune 26, 2014
Pros: discounts, free uniforms
Cons: wearing a headset, greasy environment
A typical day at work consists of working either on drive thru, which means I wear a headset in order to take orders. Whether the station I am working on today is drive thru or store front, I will be asking customers politely to take their order, process it, give them their change or debit receipt back, assemble the order.
If it's a busy day, I will – more... jumping in between stations, making fries, drinks, taking money, keeping the store lobby clean.
When it is less busy, there is always cleaning duties to be done, given out by management. If I am closing the store, I slowly start to break down my station in order to clean it as the night goes on.
Some co-workers do not put any effort in their jobs, thus making it more difficult for other co-workers, most managers are of great help to the crew, helping out any time they do not have paper work.
The hardest part of the job is the repetitive nature of the job, as well as wearing a headset which becomes painful after a while.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the rushes, as I enjoy working under pressure at times, when I am working with some of the amazing crew. – less
great first job
Grill Worker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: discounted food, management
Cons: wage
I prepped all the food as well as lead the kitchen to make sure everything was running smoothly and the food was going out quick. The hardest part was keeping up with the breakfast and lunch rush on weekends. The most enjoyable part was learning what its like to work for the first time and have wonderful associates to work with.
Amazing people, Fast past envorment and AWFUL customers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: 50% of meal, platnium card, amazing friends, semi-good food
Cons: sometimes went without break, calling police on customers often, management ignoring crews needs, broken equimpment
I loved the people I met at McDonalds and I appreciate all the skills that I had picked up from my time spent there. However, my management team wasn't the best and I did not feel like my needs were met. A lot of things happened underneath their noses and it was painful as a crew member to have to deal with THEIR mistakes. However, after you pick up – more... the work and you have a little times practice you get to know the McDonalds system quickly and begin to appreciate fast food environments more and meet people from many different backgrounds and stories. Personally, McDonalds was a good temporary job. – less
productive and enjoyable work place
CREW TRAINER (Current Employee), London, HounslowJune 25, 2014
Pros: less shifts
Cons: maximum hours
my first day was hard for me, things were new to me. with the passage of time i have learnt everything quickly and effectively. i can work in the kitchen with the speed. i can accept any challenge. i would like to mention that, i am flexible anywhere in kitchen and front counter. i enjoy to work with my co-workers and i always try to learn from them – more... as they are old, they are more experienced. the hardest part of job i found is to go on front counter instead of that i enjoy in the kitchen working very fast. – less
Very flexible schedules
Crew member (Current Employee), Guildford Town Centre, WalmartJune 24, 2014
Pros: events to attend
Cons: call-ins are only 30- an hour beforehand
Working at McDonalds has helped a lot with developing my customer service skills; through my experience there I was able to meet great people and learn more about the workplace.
A Great Place To Learn A Lot Of New Things
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 24, 2014
I think working for McDonalds has been something very positive in my life, but I also feel I need a bit of change and it is the right time. I loved the aspect of being only my feet all day and it's literally go, go go. I loved learning the different aspects of shift control and all the tools they have for you to help you with those aspects. I enjoyed – more... training new crew members and giving feedback when needed. I think I enjoyed the crew interactions the most in this job and building a relationship with your co-workers. – less
I loved working at McDonald's it was a great first job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 23, 2014
Pros: half price on all poducts
Working at McDonald's was a really fun experience that helped me get used to work... I worked there for 2 years and at the end of it knew how to do everything you could possibly do at McDonald's for Day shift and Night shift... It was a good experience to work there.
bad management but very flexible
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2014
very flexible
manager is rude and takes advantage of her position
fast-paced environment
Learning
Cashier/ Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 23, 2014
I work everywhere. I take orders, train new people and make orders in the back. I learned many skills here such as learning to deal with money quickly, taking fast orders, increased my communication skills and learned how to be quick at the job. Hardest part of the job is when there are not enough people working and the enjoyable part would be the people – more... I work with. – less

About McDonald's

McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million – Read more