McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great First Job
Manager (Current Employee), Pierrefonds, QCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: short breaks
Working here was great as a first real job experience, i made my way up in the years i have been there and really enjoyed the people i worked with. The hardest part of the job would have to be running around all day with minimal breaks. By the end you are extremely tired.
Very friendly people to work among
Crew Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: double shifts
It was a very productive place to work I've learned a lot of skills while working at McDonald's its a up tempo and fun place to work
Productive and fun while working
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 23, 2014
my typical day is Monday it's very slow starting.
i have learn how to handling cash. quick and easy way to working,etc
co-worker are always helps to-teach new task coming up.when is not bust i find out it is very hardest part.
the most enjoyable part is serving customer
great to work with your hours . great chance of advancements
Swing Manager/ Cashier/ Drive Thru (Former Employee), calgary, OntarioSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: flexibility, advancement .learning
Cons: management can be overwhelming
always was able to work with my hours, with my children.
I advanced quickly. They put you threw courses, and lots of learning. So many classes available for great chances of advancing .
Fun atmosphere to work in
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: nice employes
Cons: burns are made during process of burger making
Learned to work with all aged group, and made a big improvement on my english. Employees are fun to work with, and the managers are all so sweet and helpful.
fun place to work
cook (Former Employee), surreySeptember 22, 2014
i would recommend working at MacDonalds as your first job the training is great the people are great
Great 1st job to learn skills to further future career.
Inventory Personnel and Cook (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on meals
Cons: long hours, minimal wages
- Usually 8 hrs shift. Standing up.

- Work on many different stations.

- Learn concept of teamwork and need for safety rules and Regulations

- Learn concept of multitasking on jobs.
Crew Trainer
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Demonstrated excellent customer service by greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner. Trained new employees and encouraged them to be motivated team members. Maintained a clean and organized work environment in order to adhere to food and safety guidelines.
Productive, Benifits, hours
Kitchen, Cash, Drive Thru (Former Employee), Cote St LucSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: because of the pace of work would miss out on alot of breaks and not enough workers per shift.
One of the best things about working at McDonalds is they have flexible hours and are willing to work around your schedule. Working here also made me work at a fast pace and there was always opportunity for growth, and advancement. And lots of extra hours if needed.

Sometimes you have to deal with rude customers and there's not much you can do about – more... it, but still be polite and smile throughout it all. In order to provide good customer service.

What I've learned from working at McDonalds is how to work as a team to it's full potential and the different ways of communication with others. – less
mcdonalds job
cleaner (Former Employee), fredricton, nbSeptember 16, 2014
Cons: bad management
the pay was good, the job was simple, the management was not! I was loving my job at first and then the manager seemed to have no manners. the reason I left my job other then for school was the fact that the manager would curse and me every time id set my own schedule and didn't follow hers.
Welcoming fast food restaurant, with some exceptions
Crew member (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers, 50% discount(blessing and a curse)
Cons: early mornings
McDonald's was a very enjoyable place to work. The only time I wouldn't really look forward to going into work was if I were working a shift until 12 on a Sunday and having to wake up early the next morning for school. My co-workers were helpful and understanding, with a few exceptions, like every workplace I'm sure. The hardest part of the job would – more... be when a rush of customers came with low amount of staff working. – less
Mcdonald's Review
Crew Member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: quick pace
Cons: not enough consistency with shift times
I liked working here because of the team atmosphere and the fast pace. It was an overall good work experience.
It's a very good job .
Gérante de plancher (Former Employee), Montreal ,QcSeptember 16, 2014
When you are young it a good job , when ou work at mcdonald's there a lots of door that open for you . You gain some experience , a gteam spirit .If you want you can get promote fast when you put your energie . The raise is every 6 months , you get a evaluation that can help you to be better if you want to archive in the compagny .
McDonald's teaches employees important skills needed for the future!
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good team, recognition for hard work, free food/discounted food, fun managers, strong skills learned
Cons: tiring, long hours, rude customers (sometimes)
Though working at McDonald's may not seem like the most enjoyable job in the world, I am grateful for my time at McDonald's and all of the people I was able to work with. As one of my first real, part-time jobs, I grew as an employee and an overall individual. My managers always pushed me to improve and showed me what I was capable of in the workplace. – more... A typical day at work at McDonald's includes serving customers, ensuring stock levels are complete, stations are regularly cleaned, ensuring customers are happy with our service, and working as a team to get everything done.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my co-workers and getting to know the customers. I made many relationships with my co-workers and always enjoyed working with them! They made working at McDonald's fun. We all became a family and team, working together to make sure that our restaurant succeeded. The hardest part would be when it would be very busy and we were understaffed or had new people on the floor. Other than that, I would say working at McDonald's is a very good experience for everyone. It teaches you how to work with other people, how to provide excellent customer service, and how to multitask well.

The managers always knew how to handle the things that employees may not be completely sure of. As for my managers, I always enjoyed having them there. They were all hardworking, fun, fair, and caring. The employees were always taken care of by all of the managers at the store.

I learned many transferable skills such as how to provide excellent customer service, to be a strong leader, how to manage any problems, how to run a business, and how to work with co-workers of varying skills. – less
Productive and an enjoyable experience
Scarborough, Team Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKSeptember 14, 2014
It's a great environment to work in. I enjoy going to work and every time I go it;s always an enjoyable and productive experience.
good part time job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 13, 2014
great place to start off for a first time job. Great company with flexible hours. Working at McDonald's teaches you the basis of earning your money
Fast, Friendly and Accurate
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee), Pickering, ONSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: getting to meet new people
Cons: feel used sometimes
McDonald is all about Guest Experience. They are fast paste and really care about Customer Satisfaction Opportunity. Customers are our number one priority, and that of the employees, who helps us take care of our overall Guest Experience.
Flexible Hours and Positive Work Environment
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, supportive team, quality training
Cons: repetitive tasks, disrespectful customers, limited hours
A typical day at work involves effectively communicating with coworkers and customers to provide fast and quality service. On a daily basis I learn leadership skills by assisting newly trained employees, how to problem solve and assist customers in a professional manner and how to adjust to changing work environments during rushes. My managers work – more... to provide a safe and enjoyable work environment. They are great at accommodating my work schedule to correspond with my school schedule and displaying positive model behavior. I have established relationships with both coworkers and managers that has made my work experience both unique and memorable. However, working in food service requires patience and the ability to deal with all types of customers that may not always give you the same respect you give them. Nevertheless, working at McDonald's is beneficial because it gives you great experience communicating and working with others, opportunities to take initiative, excellent training and encourages the development of leadership qualities. – less
Kind coworkers and busy environment.
Cashier and kitchen worker (Former Employee), Lasalle, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: making new friends, half off discount
Cons: very short shifts, tough managers
A typical day at Mcdonalds as a kitchen worker would include preparing salads and table food for the day, cleaning as well as sanitizing all counter tops and grills. Once the work area is clean and the food is prepped one worker will be responsible for dishes, another for starting to stock the meat cabinets and one to two workers would be responsible – more... for handling all orders. As a cashier your responsibilities include cleaning lobby, bathrooms and behind the counter. Other tasks include cooking fries, making coffees, making stock lists then filling needed stock and of course taking and presenting all customers orders. My coworkers were very kind and considerate. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would have been the lunch/dinner/or breakfast rush while in kitchen because it kept you on your feet and helped your shift go by smoothly and quickly. – less
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2014
I learned to work at a very fast past due to the high clientele levels. A typical day at work would be taking various orders either by the front cashier system or by the drive through. I got along great with management and co-workers. The hardest part was ensuring i worked in a clean, fast past, and positive environment all while ensuring every single – more... guest is satisfied. – less

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more