McDonald's

36.5K reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A very productive work place
customer service (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioAugust 8, 2015
Managers always hustled, hardest part of job was not having enough time for breaks, learned a lot of team work skills and communication, management was amazing
Very good place to work overall although stressful when busy.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Half price Mcdonald's and regular customers.
Cons: Very busy hours.
Each day I typically served customers through the drive thru or on counter, although I am also trained in kitchen and am placed in kitchen one shift a week. I am a crew trainer and have been for two years now, meaning I train new crew the priorities, expectations, and policies. I also coach the other crew on those as well. The management team does a very good job at keeping things running efficiently and making sure the crew are working together to achieve goals such as; food is always fresh, customers need to be greeted and served within a certain amount of time, that drive thru needs to make sure they are pulling cars up to Pick Up 3 (which happens when that car is waiting longer than the car behind it), although they yell at everyone and put them down when they get stressed and openly yell at the crew in front of the customers to feel like the bigger person and to show "authority" which is wrong. The crew works together very well although when things get hectic and we start falling behind due to the mass amount of customers or long orders, everyone starts snapping at each other and yelling and the work environment becomes very hostile for that certain period of time. My co-workers and I get along very well, we all have created a system where each of us meets the expectations of the others. The hardest part of the job is when it is the busy hour and we get overwhelmed with customers to the point where we are struggling to keep up. Customers are getting irritated to wait, we are getting irritated that we have to wait, and the managers are getting irritated that all of this – more... is happening in general and it reflects on them. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all of the crew and getting to know the regular customers and creating that bond with them. I went camping recently and when I got back to work all of the regular customers asked me how my camping trip was even though I never told them I was leaving, which was nice because that means they cared enough about me to ask other employees where I was. It is moments like that, that make working there well worth it. – less
mcdonalds workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKAugust 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: 4:30am morning shifts
I enjoyed working here. The people are great. The hours were conveniently flexible, I would have liked my hours to have been more consistent but I know thats not realistic with this type of work.
McDonald's -- I'm loving it!
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: 50% of your meals
Cons: Rude Customers
A typical day at McDonald's includes you taking orders, grabbing the food and maintaining a clean restaurant. It's pretty much what you see is that you'd expect when working for the company.

I have learned amazing customer service skills since working there. I also learned patience!! When working in the fast food patience is must needed.

Management varies based on location.

My coworkers are the best. I have gained 2 lifelong friends from working at McDonald's.

The hardest part of my job is being efficient and friendly at the same time. There will be times were customers will get on your last nerve but you need to be keep your composure.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to hang out with my coworkers and just having fun.

It's great for students trying to balance life and work.
Great place to work, perfect for me when I was in school.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours.
The best part of working at McDonald's was the staff - who were always very friendly and comfortable around each other - it made working there a lot more fun. The hardest part about working there would have to be the angry customers-but I learned how to deal with them as well as how to work diligently under pressure.
Great starter job.
Cashier (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 6, 2015
Overall it's a good starter job.
Steady hours
Decent pay

Rude people/ customers
management can be rude
consistently asking to work over time or come in when not scheduled.
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), newmarket, ONAugust 6, 2015
coworkers very friendly and loving. management team needs a bit of work
not very supportive through injuries and not very trustworthy,
good benefits and scheduling around events in personal life.
Good place to work for fast paced environment.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Carbonear, NewfoundlandAugust 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, easy work.
Cons: Some co-workers can be lazy and you have to work extra to make up for it.
McDonalds is a good place to work if you want somewhere fast paced. The hardest part is probably when it's in lockdown which means you have to stay at your station and cook away until the crowds are served their food! The longest I was on lockdown was 3 and a half hours on a friday night shift. The easiest part is everything is straight forward and it doesn't take long to learn everything you need to know to do the best job possible.

Working at McDonalds I learned that teamwork makes the dream work!
Job sucked
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2015
Typical day was taking orders and cleaning the main lobby, i never learned any pros from this job. management sucked and wasn't understanding at all. co-workers were hard to work with and made you not want to be there.
bed place to work at.
Crow Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2015
The people there were great but the job we terrible. The people there were great but the job we terrible. The people there were great but the job we terrible.The people there were great but the job we terrible.
productive and conducive working place
MAINTENANCE/CLEANER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2015
I used to work to a curtain warehouse where we had a lot of fun with my co-worker. It was a family like when I worked there because everybody respect each other even the management team treated everyone equal. My hardest day was when two of my team members didn't show up for work so carried their load, it was turf but we managed to accomplish it
Great Job for a student
Cashier (Former Employee), Alliston, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
Cons: Pay was aweful
Mcdonald's was definitely a unique and interesting experience for me, on a day to day basis, I would tackle customer care and making sure that the customer is satisfied, I would handle taking the customers orders with a proper amount of politeness and positivism, and I would also make food or even help fellow employees to complete their work. Management had just about everything perfect, and the co-workers all worked together as a team should work. The hardest thing about the job was probably trying to get everything as perfect as I could get it, and balancing customer care as well as fast speeds. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customer walk out of the doors with a smile.
Great First Job
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2015
I loved working here, a typical day at work would be helping and assisting customers. As well as doing side jobs such as ensuring the area is clean and tidy. I've learnt customer service skills, team management, team work, as well as being more independent and goal-orientated.
Fun Here
Cashier (Current Employee), ....August 4, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Long Hours
I am Service Crew Cashier, drive thru runner And Mc Delivery Service Person in philippines, since November 2014 and Present ... my Work Schedule is 12pm to 6pm sometimes Grave Yard Shift 12am to 6am ...
yes its not a Full time Hours, Yet I really Enjoy Working Here ..
and this is my First Job .
Great with Customer Service Experienced
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 4, 2015
Great at Customer service experienced.You can meet all different people with different backgrounds.I learned that evryone is defferent and yet unique creation of God.And so we are all equal because we are all human being created by God.
I enjoyed the job
Swing Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: always something to do
Cons: irregular hours
It was a fast pasted workplace. One must always keep busy. You must be very attentive to quality and cleanliness. They helped me develop my management skills.
FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: hearing thanks for a job well done.
Cons: sometimes not enough help.
For the most part my days were awesome, co-workers worked well together. Customers enjoyed my speed and acuracy on there orders. Always pleasant.
Good starter job
Back Area (Former Employee), Leamington, ONAugust 4, 2015
McDonalds is a good part time job. The managers seem to care about the employees outside of the workplace. I would reccommend this job to a student who is looking to make some extra cash on the side.
Great for a first job/work experience
Kitchen Associate / Stocker / Maintenance (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Frequently understaffed
Working at McDonalds has taught me to work as team as well as working under alot of stress/pressure. Overall, it is a great place to work as a first job.
good workplace
Team leader, manager in training (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 3, 2015
Pros: good training and people
Cons: custumers are rude and relly intance
The job is pretty instance but, really nice people work there. great training . trying to reach the standards all the time :)
Headquarters