McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,784 reviews matching the search
McDonalds Restaurants of Canada as an employer
2nd Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
McDonald's Restaurants of Canada is the corporate company for the Global McDonald's Restaurant which originated from the US. A typical day at work for me is getting updated on my Team's current status versus our daily, weekly and monthly targets. Re-structuring tactics in order to achieve or exceed the set targets if necessary. I know for a fact that follow up is necessary always to keep the Team on track of our goals and objectives. I would say McDonald's as a whole is a People company and would drive their business through their peoples' talents by strongly motivating and challenging each individual of the business. Hardest part of the job is shuffling of responsibilities and keeping an even keen on results of all given task. Most enjoyable is working with the people on both top and subordinate levels.
Pros
Free food
Cons
sometimes you may have long hours of work
Flexible work environment to build on basic skills
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Working at McDonald's Canada as my first job was a great experience which allowed me to further build upon my skills while still gaining an education throughout high school. A typical day working at McDonald's as the team leader was busy but not overwhelming. Being the Team Leader, you ensured the station that you were assigned was moving quick, efficiently, while at the same time producing a quality product or customer experience. While working here, I learned new skills that I hope to expand on further at other jobs such as networking, customer relations, team working skills, and time management. The hardest part of the job would have to be peek times such as lunch or dinner and ensuring that everything was running smoothly. The most enjoyable part of working at McDonald's was having such a great employer help me get my foot in the door when it comes to the working world and having great coworkers carry me along the road.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible
Cons
Bad skin from grease
Daily Work
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  1600 Highway 7 CONCORD ON L4K 4J8September 22, 2015
Started my shift by changing, then signing in at the front. I try to show up at least 5 minutes early so I can get an idea how busy it might be, and what needs to be prepped. The management and co-workers are very friendly and I find it helps to have good communication with them.

Hardest part of the job is working at when the place is messy and busy, and trying to keep up with the orders, while doing the rest of the small things, like tiding up and getting stock. The funnest part of the day is knowing when I made someone's job easier, and cheering people up when they're stressing.

I learned that you have always have to be ready for the busiest day, which means getting your vitamins and sleep. Also planning ahead so you don't get out of stock at a critical time, and having good communication with co-workers on what needs to be done.
Pros
free coffee, and discounts
Team work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
At McDonalds it was very team oriented, everyone would work together to achieve the goal. A typical day at work is very fast paced, it is always a very busy environment which has allowed me to obtain stress management. My management team depending on who can be either very supportive and helpful or the opposite.

What use to be the hardest at McDonalds was adapting as a new employee to the fast pace environment, but being a fast learner it made me stronger in my work skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, working on a regular basis allows you to even obtain friendships with the ones who come continuously.
Pros
Learnd alot of work realted skills. Scolarships And Burserys
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and Demanding Job, Great Atmosphere
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ONAugust 17, 2015
McDonald's is a great place to work.

While a lot of your job will involve standing around and working for long hours (up to 8), the atmosphere and the overall experience gained makes up for it.

While you will likely initially be earning minimum wage, there is a lot of opportunity for advancement and higher wages for those who put the effort in. You get what you put in with this job.

While there are many challenges associated with this job, such as the long hours and sometimes hot working conditions, the satisfaction at the end of the day makes it all worth it.

The Crew Trainer aspect only raises that satisfaction, as you are responsible for training new staff on a variety of different stations. Knowing that you've made an impact within the business because of your training is a great feeling, and provides a lot of experience for future jobs and positions.

McDonald's is a great place to work for a part time or starting job. I would recommend it to almost anyone.
Pros
Guarenteed Breaks, Employee Gold Card (50% Off McDonald's Accross Canada), Great People
Cons
Long Hours, Hot Conditions
With a good crew it's fun to do.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 10, 2016
A typical work day starts of weird because you don't really know what to do. So you just start with anything and hope later on someone tells you what you can get started on. I really learned to open up my eyes and ears and take in my surroundings and to pay attention to detail. Our head manager was a amazing, two of the assistant managers were somewhat lazy and took advantage over situations. Working in such a friendly environment was great and I was quick to open up to them which made working even easier. The hardest part of the job was that if you or someone else make a small mistake, no matter how small, it will come around and bite you in the butt. It takes a lot of effort to try and fix a small mistake. The environment and the loyal customers were what made my day on occasions.
Pros
Great incentives to work hard. A great place to build teamwork skills.
Cons
The training is helpful, but the stress you receive on a long day of actually working, is nothing compared to what you get during training.
Fantastic first customer service job
Swing Manager, Service, Drive Thru & Grill (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Working at McDonald's for approximately 3.5 years has been one of the best experiences I have had in life. They have taught me wonderful customer service, teamwork, and management skills and lots more! McDonald's is willing to work around your school and extra curricular work. A typical day at work is very fast passed and always filled with smiles, feeling welcomed, and fun moments you will never forget! Your number one goal at McDonald's should be to always make sure you are meeting the guest's needs in order for them to return to that location again!
Pros
Schedules around school hours
McDonald's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 14, 2016
It was a good work environment. Got to cook food and clean all day. i learned how to work well at a fast paced environment. Great management was provided.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
A goal orientated, fun workplace!
McDonalds Employee (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 15, 2016
McDonalds Canada has been a good first job opportunity. Working at McDonalds allowed me to learn new skills while giving me time to perfect my old ones. Management and Co-workers at McDonalds are always pleasant and up beat. Workers were always willing to hear and requests, comments or concerns that I brought up to them, and they handled them in a timely fashion. The Hardest part of working at McDonalds is working close/open. Close/open involves working midnights unloading grease traps, cleaning grills, dishes, sinks, vats and other things. Even though close/open was a hard job, it was also very rewarding. Only a few people are able to work close/open and knowing that i was one of them was an accomplishment. The most enjoyable part of working at McDonalds was being with such a nice work group. Everyone is so nice, friendly and fun while still being goal orientated.
Pros
Discounted food
2/5
McDonald's Crew (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2016
Long hours, poor pay and little chance for advancement. Usually understaffed and undersupported. Overnight shifts are a nightmare and they will usually schedule you a shift within 7 hours of an overnight.
Sr. Manager, Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 26, 2015
Not a bad place to start your career. You get the opportunity to learn by doing. There are a ton of barriers for advancement. The company is built on the shoulders of young people who're humble and have no career ambitions aside from making it at McDonald's.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Zero work/life balance. Always under pressure to perform and produce more.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downtown Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2016
On a typical day at McDonald's after I clock in I would either be on cash, stocking up product, cleaning, or preparing customers drinks/ desserts and delivering their meal in a timely matter.
At McDonald's I have learned that communication and patience is key to a successful career.
I found that my managers were very respectful, patient, and patient. They have been such good examples to me while I worked there.
My Co-workers are so friendly and down to earth. They all have great potential to do great things, and I wish them all the best for their futures.
The Hardest part of the job was the location. The location lacked safety, on more than one occasion we would have to call the police.
Pros
Learning experience, lively enviroment
Cons
unsafe
Fast and quality service