McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 2,563 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
mc donaldsi s a really good employer they give amazing discounts to there employees and they have a fun caring environment they really make you feel like your part of something more then just a job
Enjoyable workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
-Learned Drive thru
-Interacting with certain Full timers and customers
-The hardest part of the job is doing your job and someone else's when they are not doing theirs
- Getting to know customers and how they take their coffee or tea.
Pros
flexible hours and discount on meals
Easy Place to Work
Grill Crew (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Everyone is nice there because you have to be. I learned that its easier to work by myself then with others. Management seemed really confused most of the time. Co-workers were just kids like me or people who couldn't find another job. There was no hard parts. The best part was getting food for 50% off.
Pros
free meals, 50% off food
Cons
boring, annoying
Hard fast working
Back Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  HamiltonJanuary 22, 2016
Youre Constantly moving, cleaning, communicating. Very hectic but at the same time very organized. One of the hardest working jobs ive done. Everyone i worked with was very professional, never felt like i wasnt doing a good job.
Great start
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
I had a great experience working there. There's always ups and downs with jobs but the ups outnumbered the downs. loved my co-workers.
work
Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SKJanuary 22, 2016
Everyday i came into work, dressed in uniform, checked in by punching in a time shift code. I'd report to the manager ask where im needed. I usually get sent to the grill (levels) then stock up on the product. Manager goes over everything that's needed to be done, stocking, keeping up with customers. The end of the day is when we all start closing, cleaning was constant and difficult while cooking, while in a customer rush,but the best part of the job was working hard and fast pacing with co workers and learning job skills.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pacing
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCJanuary 21, 2016
I learned so much out at rediscovery, it was nice going out and working out in the wilderness, cooking some days, hiking around others, planning group outings, taking care of participants.

btw i may have mixed this with rediscovery...
learning experience and fun
-dealing with money
-learning the business side
stressful
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB westJanuary 21, 2016
badly understaffed and over stressed. overnight did't give anything like a pay upgrade. and affected heath in a negative way due to lack of sleep
mediocre and bland
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 21, 2016
the work at mcdonalds was slow and un impressive if you worked fast you had nothing to do and were doubling over old task just to keep busy
Pros
half off on there food. flexible hours
Cons
monotonous and boring

Want to know more about McDonald's?

Ask a question
good people
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONJanuary 18, 2016
its a good place for a young worker to make some spare cash, while in school. reasonable hours that accommodate your needs.
Pros
meals
Cons
smelling like fries
fun work envirorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
it is a good job for base salary. most managers are easy to get along with. co-workers were always easy to work with everyday
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
long days
pretty bad
Fry cook/burger maker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 17, 2016
a typical day, summed up was boring, boring, fast fast, too fast way too fast, burned fingers, boring. The people always wanted faster, always need things yesterday, wouldn't teach me anything.
Pros
50 percent off
Cons
boring. no training
The environment was odd, but I have learned quite a bit.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
McDonald's is a "burger serving, hospitality establishment." Some of the costumers were rude, but others were polite.The managers were mostly good people, but for a few exceptions. My experience there had its ups and downs, but in the end I walked away with a little bit more experience in my pocket. A typical 8 hours shift, would contain tortures waves of hungry costumers, weather they walked in though the front door, or beeped their horns at us from the drive through window, they always seemed to expect us to deliver their food the second they showed up with a smile on our faces. On the very rare occasion one of us would make a mistake, some costumers would just shrug it off and smile, others would expect the employee to be hanged for their crimes. Weather the costumer was the former or the latter, we still flashed our smiles as we said "here is your food, sir. sorry to keep you waiting." That was what taught me a great lesson; all I could do is do my best, and be prepared for the worst.
Pros
Food was 50% off.
Cons
odd working environment
provides a flexible schedule for students
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2016
McDonald's as a corporation provides excellent scheduling flexibility which is a plus especially for a student in university or college. Advancement or working one's way up is not what many try to do since the benefits outweigh the costs. There will always be a job at McDonald's which is why job security is somewhat high but when your getting minimum wage, there isn't much to expect from working here.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule, late hours
Cons
minimum wage, hard work
Great people to work with
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It was a solid workplace overall with great opportunities to be promoted fairly quickly. A simple job that requires quick thinking and an organized structure,
Pros
rewarded for hard work ( free meals )
Cons
low pay rate
It was mcdonalds about as good as youd expect for my first job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
mcdonalds was my first job still fresh in highschool need a better attitude and work ethic at the time one of the managers was really nice to me i was really strong in cooking but not attitude
Pros
put up with my teenage self
Cons
it was mcdonalds
Productive and an a fun place to work at
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Overall, McDonald's has a working environment that allows others to grow and develop a vast variety of skills. Its a fast past environment where work is always needed to be done. Co-workers are friendly and management during shifts are always ready to help when you need them.
A wonderful Job,
CASHIER, COOK (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ONJanuary 14, 2016
The Hardest part of the job was trying to keep up on the KItchen duties, going from having 30 people filling up the lobby than to be completely empty; than having a rush of people coming to get food. You do make mistakes and you have to do them again.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Hours too short
Productive and Fun workplace environment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to meet new people everyday, and also help people if they aren't happy with their order.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short hours