McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 4,336 reviews matching the search
Good management, lots of connecting with guests.
Guest Experience Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2016
I learnt a lot in my six months. I really developed my interpersonal skills and learnt how to deal with customers whether they are being positive or negative and turning a negative visit into a positive one. The managers were amazing and super understanding with everything which is definitely necessary to excel. The hardest part was dealing with tough or rude customers with only complaints but there were only a couple really awful people who would come in, the most enjoyable part was the customers that were really nice and would get to know me. A typical day consisted of greeting each customer, checking in on them-making sure they were enjoying everything and having a good experience and then offering them a unique farewell when they leave. I cleaned up peoples trays and garbage for them, and made sure the work environment was a positive one.
Pros
50% discount on food.
terrible job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABSeptember 10, 2016
a typical day at work consists of being rushed by bosses who only care about the money they make, and not about their co-workers, being yelled at by impatient or grumpy customers, and being treated like a slave.
i learned some, though not much. how to cook fries, how to wash a table and work station (but most people should already know how to do that). how to handle money as a cashier.
management was poor. they played the blame game constantly, treat you poorly, act like they're better than anyone in the world, and offer no help.
co-workers weren't that bad. most were friendly and helpful but other than that, a bad environment to work in.
nothing was enjoyable about McDonalds.
Pros
No pros. not even a free lunch.
Cons
terrible, unfriendly management.