McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,175 reviews matching the search
Productive and fast paced working enviroment at Mc Donalds
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 15, 2015
Overall working for Mc Donalds is not easy. Many assume that the job doesn't require much but it requires a lot especially paitence, accuracy and skills. I typical day at work I deal with about 100-200 customers depending on how long my shift is. You must be able to keep a positive attitude, be friendly, multitask, be attentive, clean all at a fast pace. You learn to have good time meeting new people, making customers happy while building yourself and skills. Management and co-workers are cool because you build personal relationships withn people who also help your grow as a person while contributing to the resturant working as a team to perform and complete task successfully. The hardest part of the job is dealing with so much on a daily basis and not gaining much reward for your hard work based on your pay and benefits as a part time worker. The most enjoyable part is building friendship on the job and presenting good service for customers daily.
Pros
Flexible hours and half price on food
Cons
No benefits for part time and mimimum wage pay
2/5
McDonald's Crew (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2016
Long hours, poor pay and little chance for advancement. Usually understaffed and undersupported. Overnight shifts are a nightmare and they will usually schedule you a shift within 7 hours of an overnight.
Fantastic first customer service job
Swing Manager, Service, Drive Thru & Grill (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Working at McDonald's for approximately 3.5 years has been one of the best experiences I have had in life. They have taught me wonderful customer service, teamwork, and management skills and lots more! McDonald's is willing to work around your school and extra curricular work. A typical day at work is very fast passed and always filled with smiles, feeling welcomed, and fun moments you will never forget! Your number one goal at McDonald's should be to always make sure you are meeting the guest's needs in order for them to return to that location again!
Pros
Schedules around school hours
With a good crew it's fun to do.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 10, 2016
A typical work day starts of weird because you don't really know what to do. So you just start with anything and hope later on someone tells you what you can get started on. I really learned to open up my eyes and ears and take in my surroundings and to pay attention to detail. Our head manager was a amazing, two of the assistant managers were somewhat lazy and took advantage over situations. Working in such a friendly environment was great and I was quick to open up to them which made working even easier. The hardest part of the job was that if you or someone else make a small mistake, no matter how small, it will come around and bite you in the butt. It takes a lot of effort to try and fix a small mistake. The environment and the loyal customers were what made my day on occasions.
Pros
Great incentives to work hard. A great place to build teamwork skills.
Cons
The training is helpful, but the stress you receive on a long day of actually working, is nothing compared to what you get during training.
great place to work, lots of opportunity to learn and grown within
First Assistant Salary Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2015
best part of working at McDonald's is being part of a huge family that you get to see everyday. There's lots of room to grow and learn as they offer many courses throughout advancement. Many people look down on McDonald's but the truth is that it opens so many doors no matter how long your career there lasts.
benefits