McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Beginner's job
Team Leader (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 20, 2016
McDonald's is usually a first job for everyone (students, new immigrants, etc) It provides the essential format for the working world. Very basic work outlines and duties I had fun during my time there I was 15 when I started and I left when I was 18.
not a very pleasant place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCApril 20, 2016
Managers tend to slack and make the employees do basically all the work. The customers always tend to give the employees a hard time.
Very team-oriented.
Helper (Former Employee), Beaconsfield, QCApril 20, 2016
I worked in the kitchen.

I learned the importance of working in a team.

Management and co-workers were very friendly.

It can be fast-paced.

I most enjoyed being part of a team.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Dryden, ONApril 20, 2016
In this job i learned how to do many cool things. Making extremely good food, also met some awesome people that became like family to me.
Excellent Training and Customer Service
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Free Food
Cons: -
A typical day at work is making sure that everything in is place. Having full staff and full product in the store to run a excellent shift.
McDonald's
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 20, 2016
Pros: alot of hours
Cons: never getting your 10 min break
doing counter, drive thru, grill, making drinks, first window.
a lot of team members, having fun, love working for them
Not the most enjoyable workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), 2480 Gerrard St E, Scarborough, ON M1N 4C3April 19, 2016
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: Unsanitary
McDonald's was quite an experience. A typical day at work would be taking customer orders and dealing with large crowds of people. I worked in the front and learnt to increase my patience in all parts of the day. The management wasn't the best, but I learnt to cope with them by just doing what I was told. The hardest part was to always keep the restaurant clean, because of all the customers. One thing I definitely enjoyed was a 50% employee discount.
Fun Work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Shediac, NBApril 19, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with ''angry'' customers but if you like working with people, you will not have a hard time to deal with it. It's a fun work place with great work co-worker. The most enjoyable is meeting new people from different places. You also have benefits. For example: 50% off on your meal.
Not a bad first job.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Hanover, ONApril 19, 2016
It's a good starting job when your in high school, but now after college its time for a change. At McDonalds you learn customer service and self discipline which is key for most any job.
Fun place to work
Cashier, Drive thru, Runner - Part-Time (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 19, 2016
I have learned to work with a team during busy hours of the day. I have learned to respect other people's opinions and ideas regarding the efficiency of active duties.Co-workers are friendly and helpful to me, management, and customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy everyone - management and customers - in a timely fashion.
It was a good high school part time job.
Part-time Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 19, 2016
Working at McDonald's was a good high school part time job. I enjoyed most of the time because I worked with my friends a lot. It also helped me to build my leadership skill, because sometimes I worked as a team lead in the back. However, it is not a job for me now due to the cost of life and my education.
Flexible and a good training ground
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2016
Cons: minimum wage; grease; stinky uniform
Mcdonald's is perfect for students. If you want a job who will cater best to your busy student life, then McDonald's is the one for you.
Coworkers are so friendly. You get a mix of customers, some are nice, some are mean. That's normal for a customer service focused job.
All in all, I enjoyed working at Mcdonald's and have learned a lot that I can use in the future- organization, patience, time management, honest, etc.
Fast paced, outgoing, opportunities to move-up quickly
Overnight Manager (Former Employee), London, OntarioApril 18, 2016
Pros: Atmosphere, fast-paced, many opportunities to improve
Cons: Short filler shifts, pointless
I really enjoyed my time working at McDonald's - the atmosphere, the crew members, the Managment, and of course the customers.
McDonald's is an exciting, productive, environment that helps to enhance my skills
Crew member (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: it does get messy
Working at McDonald's has made me an overall faster, organized, and more motivated person. It has taught me that customers happiness does come first as well the safety of every individual, therefore it is my job to complete that goal.
fun workplace and competent employees
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 18, 2016
I am with a very supportive management and energetic staff working in Mcdonalds. I was transferred in my current location when it was still new and the business was still slow. But now, it seems like everyone wants to eat and go to the drive thru. the hardest part is when I have to deal with missed shifts where my crew cant work under my shift but still I gave my 100% and tell my crew that we can still be on top. The most fun part of my job is knowing that at the end of the day I know that I served my customers with quality fast and accurate service and at the same time,having fun working with my employees.
A lot of favoritism
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
Pros: you meet some nice people
Cons: Managers show favortism
The managers were not all that friendly, the staff was predominantly Asian and showed favoritism towards the Asian employees as well as employees of other races who attempt to assimilate the Asian language culture and behavior, they once insinuated an employee had mental issues when a customer got mad at him, instead of standing up for him because it was the customer in fact doing the wrong thing.
productive and fast pace environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Quispamsis, NBApril 17, 2016
A typical day would be to come in during a busy hour and just hope in wherever needed.
I learnt communication skills, as well as multitasking. If I were working counter and had no customers, I would hop onto Drive Thru and help them, sometimes I would even hop in kitchen and help them. Over the course of three years I learnt almost every aspect of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be answering a customers question to their utmost satisfaction. I had a customer ask what are the healthiest choices available. Being a small McDonalds at the time there were not a lot of choices, but I was able to name off everything possible in a very quick and timely manner. My supervisor at the time (who had been listening over the headset), had notified me that the answer I had given was very professional and excellent.
Very fast paced/ was sick
Cook (Former Employee), Listowel, ONApril 17, 2016
I found this job at times to be very fast paced at times and had trouble keeping up at times as I was suffering from Metabolic Alkalosis an acidic disease that made me very overtired at times.
Fun work with nice people
Front Ender (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 17, 2016
Pros: Discounted food and good people
Cons: Lots of standing
A little stressful but overall good people. It was wonderful to have lots of people who were supportive of each other and who took your hours into healthy consideration. The bosses really cared bout who you are.
Comfortable and good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2016
Pros: Friendly staff, good training
-Learned how to work in a busy, fast paced work environment
-How to improve customer service and deal with complaining customers
-Became very close with co-workers