McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly, family-like workplace.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Armstrong, BCAugust 14, 2014
If you are a hard, dedicated employee it doesn't go unnoticed. Promotions are a definite reality and you will more than likely get along with all your co-workers.
Great co-workers and atmosphere
Cashier / Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed the most working with the co-workers who helped me to not only feel comfortable with my job but to make me feel like i was apart of the family and made it so much easier to learn and build new experiences.
money money money
Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and free unforms
Cons: understaffed
They are so concerned with making money they lose focus on customer service. They keep minimal staff on every shift so everyone is over worked and there aren't enough staff to provide proper customer service.

Management are not in the same book let alone the same page. Makes for a very frustrating place to work.
hard working place but poor management
Cashier, Runner, Window Service and Cleaner (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: fast pace
very hard working staff with strict policies but poor pay and rare shifts to work.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Grill, Lobby and Cashier (Former Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONAugust 11, 2014
Good first job. Tasks included Grill, Lobby and Cash. Good Customer Service skills developed.
Fun workplace
Part time employee (Former Employee), Cookstown ONAugust 10, 2014
Pros: half price discount
Cons: greasy working environment
This job got very repetitive after awhile but the good co-workers made the shift go by so much faster. The biggest thing I learned from working here was to become faced paced. The hardest part was standing in the same spot for hours wasn't the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we celebrated holidays at our store.
food
Crew Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2014
get in, make sure all the condiments are filled, make sure all the meat and chicken are filled up, also for breask fest all the eggs, ham and becon is at a good level, clean , restock, working in different stations if the manager has asked. the manager work good most of the time but when it came to certain things, they were a little bit hard to handle, – more... the hadest part of the job was keeping up the with the ordering speed and making the sandwiches neat – less
Perfect for students starting out in the workforce.
Customer Service Representative/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: didn't give me the hours i asked for
For high school students that are just starting to work, McDonalds is the perfect place to start because it teaches you the basics: positivity, teamwork, communication, and leadership. I recommend it for anyone starting out.
Productive Work Life
Crew (Former Employee), MarkhamAugust 8, 2014
Going into a shift you had to be on time and ready to go. I was required to fill out a check list before taking position, which would only make the rest of my shift easier. The managers and other crew members were always helpful and caring and really easy to talk to.
Sanitary routine is followed through well in workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), jane and finch , torontoAugust 8, 2014
looking forward to grow with a different environment. I've been in the food industry majority of my work experience and would like to dedicate myself else where
Fun place to work
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBAugust 8, 2014
I loved my crew and my job looked forward to going to work every day. I was very sad to leave but I moved, I still keep in touch with most of my crew and they know who they are. If I ever move back I know there is a job waiting for me. I was always complimented and that felt nice.
Great place to Start
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: long hours
I learned how to work the cash register, and to handle tough customers. My co-workers were great, we made a great team. The hardest part of the job was handling rush-hour during lunch and dinner but I got used to it pretty quickly. The most enjoyable part was the work environment was very fun.
i loved working there as it was sad to leave but i moved away
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: being told i did good job
Cons: drunks abbusive customers
i would look forward to my day knowing who i was working with who i would make there day who i would see .the people i would make smile and the things i learned something everyday i made new friends and met old friends i was easy to talk to others and could work with everyone
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours
You learn a lot of customer service and working in fast paced environment through this company. Very easy to move up if you do well and looks good on your resume.
The overall job I found to be unsatisfying, but the people you work with are great.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 5, 2014
in a typical day, I was to be in either the kitchen or the front counter/ drive thru area. It was hard work.
Customer satisfaction
Chef de quart/Caissière (Former Employee), Dorion, Ile-Perrot, Vaudreuil, Wal-MartAugust 5, 2014
Always satisfying our customers, assuring that necessary tasks are accomplished with preciseness, managing the employees on the floor, counting the cashes at the end of the night, restarting the system, assuring employee breaks are given in orderly fashion, being responsible and disciplinary, cleanliness of the entire restaurant, speed and accuracy – more... of customers' orders. – less
Great first job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Summerside, PEAugust 4, 2014
For a first job McDonalds is a great place to start. The management team provides greats hours for students and full time employees. Work environment was very friendly and welcoming.
Great sense of community in the workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ON.August 4, 2014
Pros: can earn free food.
Cons: breakfast, lunch, and dinner rushes are hard to keep up with.
I enjoyed working at McDonald's because there was never a dull moment and there is a great sense of family among the employees. The crew has opportunities to work towards earning little treats such as a free ice cream cone or a free meal. Lots of call-in shifts and consistent hours if a hard worker.
Fun work place.
Crew trainer (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABAugust 4, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: hard nights
I worked overnight. Only about 2 to 4 people a night would work. I learn how to multitask faster. Food safety, How to train people The mangers were wonderful super nice and friendly the only problem is they didn't plan for more people to work when it was a busy weekend. My coworkers where awesome so nice and most of them hard working.The hardest part – more... of the job was making sure everything went smoothly and people weren't waiting for to long. I enjoyed the people i worked with. – less
Fast paced, Good Crew
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great crew
Cons: long hours, nasty customers
I manage the floor and make sure breaks are being taken and covered. I count tills and build deposits. I handle customer complaints. I learned a lot about time management and using every spare minute before peak periods to get stock done. The hardest part of the job is lack of communication. The most enjoyable part is working as a team.

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more