McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mcdonalds/TYE Business program
Food Prep (Former Employee), CanadaJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work entails many responsibilities. We must know the recipes for every food item (all burgers and sandwiches, including the ones that come in temporarily), we must "drop the meat" every time we are running out (meaning deep fry more meat when we are running low.) We must be grilling beef for majority of our buns, pulling out buns from the back, co dating all our stuff, stocking up our prep area, cleaning, as well as making all the food. All of this needs to be done very quickly as it is a very fast paced environment, the management is very helpful in assigning everyone's roles for the shift. The hardest part of the job is during rush hour where things can get stressful. I've learned many things. I am now able to multitask in all aspects of life, and I'm able to pick up new things very quickly and know them like the back of my hand. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in lobby cleaning. The time went by very quickly when interacting with all the customers while cleaning.
Overall terrible management but a good place to start for a first job
cashier and drive thru (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Cons: bad and unsafe environment
Management was not that good, they favour their own race and promise you a raise after 4 months but i worked there for a year and a half and i go a raise once and it was literally .05 cents.
great for 1st job
Crew/Swing Shift Manager (Former Employee), Regina SaskJune 18, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not alot of advancement opportunities and low wage
handled cash, placed orders, helped cook in the kitchen organized children's birthday parties and tours, unloaded the delivery truck was the assistance manager at the south Walmart location
great team environment
All in all a fairly easy job not very difficult
fun workplace
Hands on (Former Employee), North York, ONJune 17, 2015
learned a lot of hands on skills and discipline. once you work as a team the job gets done really quick and that's what mcdonlads preaches about which is team work
Fun and Friendly work enviroment
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Keswick, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Half off food
Cons: Not always enough hours
Atypical day at work includes making food, working with others, keeping a fast pace, cleaning and staying positive. Our management encourages us to keep pace and to make work enjoyable. Our co-workers make work pleasant by enjoying our time spent there. Working there for four years has taught me a lot about fast food restaurants and about how many rules there can be in a job. My work experience here has been enjoyable thanks to everyone I work with.
Small workplace and very little/unprofessional management
o Provided customer service (Former Employee), toronto ontarioJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free food; sometimes
Cons: 1 shift a month (if I was lucky), minimal training, shifts cancelled, disrespect
-My shifts were constantly cancelled while I was on my way to work
-My coworkers were extremely helpful
-My managers were unorganized, disrespectful and inconsiderate
-Not enough training
-Very stressful
-The hardest part of the job was not getting enough shifts because I lacked experience
Great training programs and great work environment.
People Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free Meals, Bonus Program, Management Outings, Benefits
McDonald's is an all around great company to work for. Each day I learn something new. I have learned a lot over the years about the business and how to help run the business. I have learned a lot about people management, time management and how I can help to control things to make the business run smoother and be more profitable. Management has always given me great training and encouragement. My co-workers have always been a pleasure to work with. Some days the job can get stressful, it is a fast paced environment and there are always unexpected things that can happen which make it more tough to run the shift, however it is part of the job and I have been trained to deal with different situations. My favorite part of the job is being able to manage all of my staff and also getting to interact with the customers who come in.
Great enviornemt, always busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free meal per shift
Cons: got fat
took orders
i learned great customer service and how to survive a night shift.
the management knew how to work with the employees creating a balanced atmosphere.
my coworkers were able to help when i needed and were always happy to take or switch shifts.
the hardest part is when it would get really busy and overwhelming and i would make too many fries or not enough it was always a struggle
i loved the free meals!
productive work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), WoodbridgeJune 15, 2015
During my time at McDonalds, I have had many enjoyable and difficult experiences the people you encounter and fun and easy to communicate to, work and be accomplished effectively and high pace because of the work we do as a team in being able to click so quickly. However, Management can be very confusing and not as easy to connect with, many of our superiors set rules that other managers don't allow and procedures are changed without proper notice or any real preparation.
productive, some of the staff were great to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Catharines ONJune 15, 2015
very understanding, great team work, friendly, clean, everyone helped each other out, very understanding with days off,
Mcdonalds
Cashier / fryer / runner (Former Employee), Sault Ste MarieJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free small beverage, and employee discount was awesome
Hours varied as i was a full time student at Sault College. I worked part time as a Fryer, cashier and runner. Every shift I would be told where I was going to be placed at the beginning of my shift.
I'm loving it
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: not enough hrs
A typical day at work is how any cashier job is; not all customers understand that we are also human so if a mistake is made by the kitchen, the cashier still deals with the anger customer that asked for extra pickles and ended up getting no pickles. Yes the two seem nothing alike but people make mistakes none the less.

I learned a lot. McDonald's is my first true job and it has taught me social and organizational skills and many more.

Management didn't take into consideration everyone's needs when it comes to receiving hrs because of their lifestyles. Going to university means working full time in the summer to hopefully accumulate enough for the school year.

Coworkers i must say is the best part, at least for my location. Almost everyone is kind and its almost a second family.

Hardest part is the customers and not being able to receive the hrs i need to maintain a living but ironically the most enjoyable is also the customers; customers that understand, customers that try to build more than just cashier to customer relationships and customers that make the cashier feel more than just someone taking someone else's order.

Overall it's a good time but everyone has those days and coworkers and customers, especially the regulars really help bring you out of it.
Fun work place with hardworking people who got along well
Crew member (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJune 15, 2015
I would either work in the back and assemble the food, or I would help with stocking boxes and packing away boxes when the truck came to drop off. My co-workers were fun to work with and the managers did their job well too.
Great first job and experience
Crew Member (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Little hours per weak
I learned how to be patient, understanding, fast, accurate and observant while working at McDonalds. My coworkers were the absolute best and that's what made coming into work enjoyable. I learned all stations at McDonalds from order taking, to presenting, to assembling food, and taking money.
Fun, new experiences and diverse co-workers :)
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), TorontoJune 11, 2015
Pros: Crew Outings
Cons: Less shifts when it's not busy season
I love working in McDonald's because it gives me a lot of opportunity to learn about myself, others and the work itself. Working there as well allows me to gain new insights and learn how fast food works.
Comfortable work area
Cashier, cook, handled deliveries (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: Comfortable work environment
Cons: Not enough hours
McDonalds was a comfortable work area with may advantages to working there, those being free food on occasions and 50% off on products. Also they happen to be very flexible with when you needed to work. A normal day would consist of preparing food and cleaning the equipment in the kitchen. it also consisted of unloading the produces off the trucks. It taught me how to be fast under pressure and get things done to the best of my abilities.
Many hours available
Crew Member (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: No experience required
Cons: Stressful/fast paced
Good place to work if you would like experience in fast food. Teaches you patience. Students are often given the most busy/earliest/latest shifts.
Great Workplace
Swing Manager (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 10, 2015
I had a great experience at McDonald's! The team is absolutely great and the overall working experience is amazing. The training program is outstanding and I have definitely learned a lot.
Good vibe and Always fun
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaJune 10, 2015
Pros: 50% off food and also free meals once inawhile
Cons: the smell, and sometimes the people
Everyone was normally all in great moods and if someone had a problem we try to fix it, everyone was so close and we would always be making jokes and having a fun time during work. I learned lots about communicating skills, being more friendly and learned how to take orders very quickly. One of the harder parts or not one of the best parts was when youd get assigned to table and clean up duty. I loved how all the co workers were so energenic and all like a big family.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 9, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours
I would manage 8-15 people on the floor making sure customers were getting served and would be counting tills and the safe at the end of the shift

About McDonald's

McDonald’s is a world leading family restaurant brands in the quick service sector. The UK business comprises of more than – Read more