McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,189 reviews matching the search
Productive and fast paced working enviroment at Mc Donalds
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 15, 2015
Overall working for Mc Donalds is not easy. Many assume that the job doesn't require much but it requires a lot especially paitence, accuracy and skills. I typical day at work I deal with about 100-200 customers depending on how long my shift is. You must be able to keep a positive attitude, be friendly, multitask, be attentive, clean all at a fast pace. You learn to have good time meeting new people, making customers happy while building yourself and skills. Management and co-workers are cool because you build personal relationships withn people who also help your grow as a person while contributing to the resturant working as a team to perform and complete task successfully. The hardest part of the job is dealing with so much on a daily basis and not gaining much reward for your hard work based on your pay and benefits as a part time worker. The most enjoyable part is building friendship on the job and presenting good service for customers daily.
Pros
Flexible hours and half price on food
Cons
No benefits for part time and mimimum wage pay
A friendly working environment and provides a very good training for customer service experience.
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
This is a working place that provides a very good training for dealing and interacting especially for customers and also with your co-workers. The training that McDonald's Restaurant helps for better communication, self-control and positivity towards the environment.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Horrible place to work if your not a teenager
Crew trainer and Team leader (Current Employee) –  Langley BCMarch 18, 2016
This location is very poorly run and always short staffed, they say you get benefits but you don't actually. I would not recommend working at this McDonalds.
Pro's and con's as a crew member
Crew member (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I started out not minding my job at all, I enjoyed working with the other employees and also enjoyed doing brower. The only downfall was that they had promised me full-time hours with benefits but they always under scheduled me or would cancel shifts after I was scheduled to work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Bad scheduling
Over-worked and under paid
Overnight Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONMarch 11, 2016
Many tasks to keep you busy throughout the night so time goes by fast it may be too much for one person to handle however. I rarely leave before 7:30AM although I am scheduled until 7AM and I never receive a break.

This job requires a lot of heavy lifting, working with chemicals, hot oil and grills. I leave very sore, tired and have gotten a lot of scars despite using protection equipment.

Management and co-workers are young which leads to a lot of gossip and complaining. Many student employees do the bare minimum, leaving extra work for full-time staff.

Hours are great Sunday-Thursday, weekends off and work while only drive-thru is open with one manager.

You work HARD for your money with this position.
Pros
Time flies, independent work
Cons
Physically demanding, no breaks, young staff & management = ALOT of drama