McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,795 reviews matching the search
Great Learning Experience
Crew Member, Crew Trainer, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ONMay 26, 2016
Working at McDonalds throughout highschool was the best learning experience that I ever could have gotten. I gained many communication and problem solving skills that are needed now in my life more than ever before. This first job really set me up to be able to work anywhere with the skills i have achieved. Hardest part of the job would definitely be managing multiple problems at once, but with great team effort they all were successfully done. Overall, great place to work - friendly people, great hours, very flexible.
Pros
benefits, breaks, great hours
Cons
long days when busy
Fun work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 26, 2016
I gained a lot of experience working at McDonalds as it was my first real proper job. I learned a lot about customer service, and how to interact with different types of customers. I also learned how to think quickly and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Was a good job when i was younger time to move on
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 26, 2016
I am a crew trainer but play the role as an assistant manager taking charge of the kitchen, i keep my work area clean, get inventory stocked up properly, cover breaks and maintain a low time per order (50 seconds @ Markham & progress). lastly i do any extra work the manager needs help with from grease trap cleaning to changing menu boards outside to snow shoveling drive thru during winter months.
Pros
learned to work very well under pressure
Cons
super long hours
Decent Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QCMay 26, 2016
Good experience. I would recommend as a first job. Flexible hours. Good start for a teenager. I made many friends and learned various skills throughout my time at Mc Donald's.
Awesome co workers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 25, 2016
I've learned how to be more confident about running the floor. The hardest part of the job is the customers and the most enjoyable are most of my co workers.
Was a good learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBMay 25, 2016
Would be busy just had to make the customers the main focus. Learned how to work with people I did not always like or get a long with.
Great Place of Employment
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 25, 2016
Very well managed and staffed. Advancement opportunities are endless with this company if you invest the time and energy into your job.
Good First Job
Part-time Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 25, 2016
When looking for my first job I considered McDonalds right away. McDonalds a one of the best training and best work experience worldwide. The amount of knowledge and skills I learned working at McDonalds was great! The only downfall as it became to hard to work their crazy hours.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
long crazy hours
Social environment with peers while working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 25, 2016
McDonald's restaurant is a very flexible job for students and you always get to work with your friends. Although it gets busy and stressful at times, it allows for skills to be developed such as time management and customer service skills. I was able to develop many skills while working at McDonald's and I am grateful for the experience.
Pros
Fun Environment
Fun and stress both.
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Galleries dessources, Dollard Des OrmeauxMay 25, 2016
Mcdonalds give its employees alot of opportunities to take benefit from or groom. But it also demands hard and accurate work within a proper time.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Unfixed schedule
Productive, and a friendly environment
Guest Experience Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
At McDonald's a typical day would be coming to work on-time, clocking in and getting straight to work. You would develop your multi-tasking skills by doing multiple things such as cleaning while taking drive-thru orders, or while making ice-cream. You would also develop a variety of skills like responsibility, cooperation, respect, integrity, etc. The hardest part about working at McDonald's would be dealing with customer complaints.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
stress on your feet
Teamwork
Windows and Back kitchen position (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Best teamwork in the world. all people know each position. you don't need talk to much in work time. eyes contact that is enough for get whatever u want. people friendly and nicely. don't even feel tired
I love working there! But it's time for me to find a proper career.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2016
I love my job at McDonalds. It's both easy and hard at the same time, balancing both efficiency and speed to make the customers meals in an orderly but quick fashion. As well as making meals, I unload the truck that comes on a biweekly basis to supply our freezer and fridge.

My managers are awesome, they're not the type to sit in the office and just do paperwork, they come out and help us without any prompt!
Pros
Flexible hours, and being able to get extra shifts.
Cons
The grease.
Fast paced, ever changing environment.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
I went from newest crew person in 1997 to managing a restaurant in 2003. The opportunity for advancement is available to everyone. On a daily basis working with 14-75 year old people. Very diverse teams is always a learning opportunity. Staffing over the years has been challenging but also very rewarding. Some managers delegate the hiring, but I enjoyed this too much. Meeting potential hires and seeing potential was enjoyable. I also liked offering positions to students seeking their first job and new immigrants to Canada.
Pros
company car, expenses, health benefits
Cons
staffing, at various times at various locations