McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mediocre workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJuly 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off all mcdonalds in canada
Cons: not enough hours
As a crew trainer I can work all 3 positions on the floor: window, kitchen, and drive thru. So depending on what station im at my day varies. Typically i would be taking orders or running on drive thru or i would be preparing orders in the kitchen. I loved my co-wokers, because i had been there for all of high school i was really good friends with everyone. – more... The job really wasn't that hard but i had worked there for more than 3 years so i might have just been used to it. I really enjoyed being around people all the time when I'm at work, it made me feel like i was a part of a team. – less
Fast pace, fun, team work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: very fast pace
Working at McDonald's will enlist you with the ability to work in a fast pace environment, you are constantly on your feet, meeting and serving customers will the best service.
You will learn how to work with other employees and deal with different levels of stress from the good quality food requirements and time limits that need to be met.
Great way – more... of learning to adapt and working on many skills that can be used elsewhere. – less
excellent place to work for
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBJuly 10, 2014
I learned everything from grill person to Management within the 5 years I was there. Best place for young people to start their first job.
Fun and Exciting place to work
Service Crew / Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: not enough people
Everyday at McDonald's seems to be a new day for me. McDonald's has mold me to become more of a Leader than a worker. Everything in McDonald's seems to be fun, having a lot of good and energetic co-workers and I can't say anything negative about it.
fun at work
Kitchen/Crew trainer/Maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 50 percent discount for food
Cons: super busy
It was great to work at McDonald's for early ages. It helps you to be responsible and really have a working experience as well
Great starting position for first-time Job Seekers
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Québec City, QCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: too many "new" employees, can never really keep a steady workflow.
Evening to Over-Night shift.
I would arrive 30mins before my shift began to make sure the duties of the current shift were completed before they were dismissed because this would mean all their duties would spill onto me and increase my workload.
Most nights I ran the kitchen alone, very difficult on holiday nights and friday nights where tons of orders – more... come in and I am the only one there to knock them out one by one, most nights there are generous and kind Managers that come in and help with the Kitchen orders to take half the load off me.
During the slow periods I'm usually cleaning the Kitchen or knocking out the daily to-do list.
The last thing I usually do is wash all the trays and equipment used for the night in order to clean and ensure the Kitchen is ready for the overnight staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely the people, the people working upfront and the managers, all very friendly and great company on quiet lonely nights and the very busy ones. probably the only thing that kept me working there for a year. – less
Great first job
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kanata, OntarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good salary and great benefits
Cons: you work a lot of weekends
Is a fast paced and stressful job but you learned how to cope difficult customers and situations.
I learned people practices, communication, organization and how to multi tak.
Great work environment and everyone works as a team.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing kids happy.

I will recommend this job for the purpose of learning work ethics.
Productive, fun, but busy workplace at Mcdonalds
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
Pros: food discounts
Busy
How to interact with costumers
Easy going, great to get along with
Like a family
A year at McDonald's was time well spent in my personal and work place related development.
Attained Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Woodside SquareJuly 8, 2014
Pros: half price meals
Cons: long hours standing
A typical day at work whether I was working window or drive-thru I always asked the manager on floor what they would like me to do. I in turn was assigned to count a til, relieve someone taking orders in drive-thru, or run food/make drinks. Through the course of my shift I would sweep and mop, stock up condiments, take countless orders, handle money – more... and re-count my til at the end of my shift.

What I learned most at McDonald's was working in a fast-paced environment, using a screen to take orders, and having the responsibility of handling money. I always had to keep a smile on my face and it was not hard because I am usually a happy person, but even with picky and tough customers I never got a complaint. Over the course of the year that I worked at McDonald's I learned how patient I could be and positive I had to stay in order for everyone else to be consumed by the chaos. The location I worked at was open 24/7, 365 days a year and having to work and the hardest part was doing being scheduled an 8 hour shift where there would be hours in between that I would be alone in drive-thru. This entailed that I would have to take orders, money, run the food and make drinks in an expected time of 1 minute.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would say is similar to any other experience, it would have to be the people I worked with that got me through each shift. Also interacting with different customers and getting a satisfying feeling of helping a customer with a language barrier. Getting complements by customers and managers and overall being noticed for the work I did was always gratifying. Even if just a fellow employee gave me a nod of approval, it would make my day. A shift at McDonald's never went by quickly, however the little things made it worth it. – less
Fun place
Cook (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free mcdonalds at the end of the night
Cons: co-workers went off an impression from me and stuck to it, which made me quit.
-made food
-cleaned backrooms
-stocked products
-communicated with staff if needed
-hard working
-management was alright, could be better
i love to work everyday i enter my restaurant
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Delhi, DLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free meal, mgt. dinner, outings.
Cons: given two weekly off.
i love day in & day out. its been a year & 5 months but it seems like , only a day has passed. just enjoying my job.
Nice
Service Crew (Former Employee), Cavite City, PhilippinesJuly 6, 2014
A typical day at work is to maintain the restaurant cleanliness even the comfort rooms, My co-workers are all nice, the hardest part of the job is when we have a lots of customer but is alright.and i enjoyed my work at Mcdonalds
Fun work place
Restaurant Maintenance Crew (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 5, 2014
Pros: managers are approachable.
Friendly Managers and Employees. You can learn new things and develop your skills.
competetive pay, they send people to classes and more benefits
1ST Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Dunmore, ABJuly 5, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepares and serve food
• Helps maintain standards for raw and finished product quality, service and speed quality and cleanliness
• Controls labor hours and cash flow while on shift
• Helps maintain record for safety and appropriate documents performance and/ or incidents in personnel – more... files
• Completes assigned shift paperwork
• Maintain records of stocks, repairs, sales, and wastage
• Train staff in job duties and sanitation and safety procedure – less
bad training and zero tolerance for mistakes
Front Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free meals and drinks
Cons: long hours, poor training
A typical day at work is coming in and expected to know how to do everything..

I learned to handle cash and tolerant customers.

My coworkers were the only thing good about my job, They're amazing and are always willing to help me.

The hardest part of the job is keeping a peace at mind.

The most enjoyable part of the job is cleaning the work area.
A pretty good place to work at with good management
sales executive (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I would clock myself in, and start working in the back making burgers and fries. Every now and then i would work as a cashier. At the end of the day, i would throw out the garbage. I learned how to use a fryer. My manager was a very nice person, and the hardest part of my job was the long hours. The most enjoyable was getting paid.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: platinum card benefits; 50% off food.
Cons: rude customers yelling at you
McDonalds is a great first job. As it is a fast paced environment you quickly gain the skills necessary to become an effective member of their team. Also the working atmosphere at McDonalds is great. Everyone there is like one big happy family, making it a very welcoming experience.
Great workplace for students
Crew member (Former Employee), London OntarioJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere, feels like a real team
Very flexible, great management, good breaks, training was good.
Customers were great
Swing manager (Former Employee), Woodstock NBJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free meals
Customer satisfaction, fast hot food, ran shift , kept payroll in check, made sure everyone stayed busy.

didn't ask crew to do anything I wasnt willing to do myself.
Hrdest pasrt of the job , was managers had thier own agenda, instead of that of McDonalds.

Most enjoyable was a job well done
Decent place of employment.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discount on meals.
Cons: extreme favourtism between managers and employees.
McDonald's is a great first job, but I would not necessarily recommend working there longer than a few years. I have learned a lot in my 5 years at this job, things like how to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers. Also, how to work quickly and accurately, making sure that customers are satisfied with our service, as well – more... as their order. – less

About McDonald's

McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million – Read more