McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,952 reviews matching the search
Meh
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 18, 2016
The manager was really poopy, lmfao only kept her favorites, worked my butt off i still get treated really bad from manager and some of the supers.
Pros
food, some of your co workers
Cons
management, food
fun and a good place to work
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 18, 2016
repetitive task everyday.you will learn how to multitask.good management and workers.the hardest part is dealing with different kind of people
Good learning experience.
McDonald's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ONJune 17, 2016
I felt I learned a lot from my co-workers. Such as time management, organization and patience. I always got a good amount of hours which was great. My favourite part of working at Mcdonald's was how flexible they were with scheduling.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2016
Coworkers were very easy to get along with and always had a good time working with them. Management was not the greatest in regards to listening to issues you had and decided to bring up with them.
decent.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONJune 17, 2016
depending on who you work with it can be a great job. there is quite a bit of favoritism which is very unfortunate.
Fun and very fast paced workplace
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work is usually busy because it would be me and one worker who prepared most of the orders. I learned to work with other people and become a team leader. I was given the responsibility to train and teach new workers who joined our team. The management was very good and the best part was they were peers which allowed me to connect with them. The hardest part of the job was the hours because it interfered with my work life and social life. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made and the skill to perform at an extremely fast paced environment.
Pros
Made many friends
Cons
Graveyard Shifts
Very unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABJune 17, 2016
Got my hours cut down to one three hour shift a week. Three quarters of the time they would cancel my shift because they had too many people scheduled to work on that day. Most of the time they'd move me throughout almost every station at the restaurant before moving me to lobby to clean up when someone else was already there, then proceeded to move them to the station I was at, even though they had no training, and the managers wouldn't train them.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Next to no hours, very unprofessional.
Fast Paced, Fast Shifts, High Pressure
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
At McDonalds, every day was a new rush of urgent service and face-paced duties. Customers were always served promptly and respectfully, and employees tried their best to keep up with demand. Coworkers were extremely friendly, though management was intimidating and often insensitive. The job definitely asks for personal sacrifices in time, energy and patience.. but is rewarding in the end. The worst part of the job is the application process and daytime management, while the most enjoyable part of the job is how rewarding the work feels at the end of the day.
Pros
Free lunches on overnight, long shifts feel short.
Cons
Advice is difficult and often mistaken, No tips
McDonalds
Senior Crew Person (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 16, 2016
Overall good but difficult and stressful to handle people and customers. The job is easy but the fast pace and competitive atmosphere isn't for everyone. The most enjoyable part was spending time with your fellow co-workers who are mostly all amazing.