McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,661 reviews matching the search
Flexible and Sometimes Fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 5, 2016
Great atmosphere. It can sometimes be stressful during peak hours but it's manageable if you're working with a good team of people. Flexible schedule to suit your needs. Easy to make friends and build valuable transferable skills.
Great experience as Assistant Manager in Mcdonalds
Assistant Salary Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 5, 2016
Mcdonalds provided a great opportunity with my promotion as an assistant manager, very early within my hiring.

This position has made me responsible for various aspects of the restaurant, predominately the kitchen and its food cost opportunities

The schedule is made from a months time, and a typical day is not set in stone, as the 8 hours will be scheduled where the coverage is needed on that day.

I have worked in this company for 3 years full time, 2 of which I have gained the experience of being in management.
It is a great environment

The hardest part of the job was the sporadic placement of the hours, other than that it is a great opportunity I had been given, and I look forward to the future.
Pros
Free Lunches, Paid Breaks
Cons
Unpredictable, sporadic Hours
Great workplace for Students
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 5, 2016
McDonald's provides an excellent flexibility for students who can only work a limited amount. It is also a great learning experience with customer service.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
management
Great first job with a lot of new experiences
Backroom Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work starts off with cooking and serving food, and a shift ends with something to help out the next employees coming so they don't have to worry about anything unexpected. I learned how to work under pressure in fast environments and in very hot environments as well as how to appropriately deal with customers and other tasks. Management is polite most of the time but under food rushes they can be very tense and hurry you. Co-workers are very inviting and kind and easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is working in fast pace rushes or when it is hot. The most enjoyable part is discounted food and co-workers and benefits such as crew trips.
Pros
Good co-workers/ half priced food
Cons
Short shifts/ not many hours
Lots of fun to work here, learn so many skills.
Cashier/Drive thru/server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 4, 2016
Very busy days but we have so much fun!! I have learned so much about team work and leadership skills. it has taught me so much! love working here. My co-workers and managers are the best and they are very good with everything :) So many awesome skills built and learned here.
Great fun workplace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Queenston, ONMay 4, 2016
good workplace great first job, only con was that as the new guy was given alot of peoples duties or jobs mostly dish washing because n one wanted to do it
Pros
great employee discounts
Cons
unethical practices done under managers nose
A great place for students to get their foot in the door for employment.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Ladner, BCMay 4, 2016
What i learned at McDonald's is basic customer service as well as being in a cashier position, i also got to be trained on all the positions except management. As someone who has been there for five years you learn so much about what it's like reaching targets and goals. The ability to change your schedule and hours to fit your life is also a great benefit. A great place for students to start as a first job, they teach you how to work with money, dealing with customers, working in a team, time management, etc.
Pros
Flexible hours and schedules, Excellent training
Fast paced working environment
Kitchener - Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2016
The management crew were great. They would get on the floor and help all other employees complete a large order. A typical day would consist of making burgers and other orders in a fast pace, while maintaining a clean and clear environment.
its good place to work at
Team Leader/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
There are friendly people to work with on a day to day basis. The management team is always there when you need them. There are great customers and it a eye opening to work in customer service.
horrible
Lot and Lobby Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
first job i had, i was seasonal and i quit within the first month or so. so much favoritism towards the other workers. They tried to keep me working there but it just wasn't for me.
Great crew and working environment
Crew-Second Assistant salary manager (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ONMay 4, 2016
McDonald's is an extremely face paced, high energy environment and each shift had similar expectations of how to handle our tasks.

We have a wide variety of employees with different ages and backgrounds so people skills was one of the best skills sets that I developed.

I was the youngest manager at our location, being promoted to a swing manager at 17 years old. I have been part of the management team for the last 3 years. Being that McDonald's is a corporation we also did have upper management who did not physically work at our location.

The hardest part of the job was being the one to initiate tasks always and not feeling like I always had the support from other management to get the appropriate jobs done each day.

Co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job. Meeting such a great group of people was the best part of my entire experience.
Pros
Meeting a variety of people, making good money at a young age
Cons
long hours, not enough coaching/support
Productive and Fun workplace
Crew Trainer/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 3, 2016
It's always a busy day at McDonald's, but if you're working with people who can have a good time no matter what the circumstances are, then it is always fun. I enjoy working with all my coworkers because we have all grown so close, like we're family. The hardest part of working at McDonald's is trying to always push yourself to do better. Working there has become routine for me, and I'm so used to it now, but I want to push myself to do better, to get promoted again. The most enjoyable part of working there is being able to see all my customers smiling at the friendly, efficient, fast customer service I always try to provide them with! When they tell me I am doing good, it makes me want to do better.
Pros
Customer compliments
it was a challange place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCMay 3, 2016
it was a fun place to work most the mangers where helpful there and co workers there was a few pickles but tried not let them bug me always was told keep out side life away from work life tried always be early and keep in contact best can
Pros
there a few times a co worker was nice and got me lunch
Cons
there a few times was long hours
Not a Bad Place to Start
Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 3, 2016
McDonald's was a GREAT first job! It had people of a similar age group and is super flexible with hours! The management is pretty varying with some being super great and others being a tad too controlling.
they are very professional and handle their employees professionally
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
Mcdonalds was one of the best jobs I have had, they understood when i wasnt able to come in for aq day and would get me to go to the doctors when i needed to.