McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to learn
Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, great co-workers
Cons: Understaffed, overworked, not enough compensation
A day at McDonald's would be the same. Taking orders and serving customers, clean up and stock up, cover for breaks and repeat. As a manager I would position crew members, delegate tasks and oversee all the above activities.

I learned the importance of communication. In order for a steady work flow, all members of the team must be communicating with each other, as well as with the customers, to ensure order accuracy and to deliver it in a time-efficient manner.

The hardest part of the job would be the scheduling. We would be constantly understaffed and would have to work twice as hard to keep the restaurant running.

The best part of the job would be the knowledge I gained there. I was able to advance positions and create a foundation to build my future career on.
Customer Oriented Environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Erin Mills, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Managed a team of employees, kept them motivated, timely achievement of tasks and within quality standards.

Provided exceptional customer service and maintained food presentation standards ensuring the protection of the strong company image.

Communicated with other managers and employees efficiently, allowing for successful day-to-day operations to be carried out in a timely manner.

The best part of the day was getting to put a smile on customers faces!
fast paced, could be stressful
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day working at McDonald's was fast paced, it could be stressful trying to work quickly and efficiently to keep customers happy when busy
Kitchen Crew Delight
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Châteauguay-Centre, QCFebruary 2, 2016
Kitchen crew is the most important part of Mc Donald's... I learned how to make desserts to salads, hamburgers, wraps... How to use cooking devices. Everyone must work together in order to keep the flow going... Keeping up with orders at rush hour was a stressful time, you have time limits to meet, and you better meet them.. I enjoyed my breaks, because that mean't I got to make any kind of sandwich i wanted even if it wasn't on the menu. So I created some pretty yummy sandwiches.
Great Staff
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Fun place to work at lots of great learning experiences, very flexible with days I need off because of when I was in college
Great first job, room for advancement.
Crew (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Working at McDonald's has taught me how to work in a fast paced environment. The staff is friendly and accepting. They are willing to help in any way they are able. The managers are very understanding and easy to get along with. The only downside to working at McDonald's would be the lack of scheduled hours.
Good job b but bad management
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Cons: Management
I enjoyed the job, other than the management staff at the location that i was working at. Which was the reason for my leaving.
its was a really good job for one of my first
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: discount card
Cons: long hours
its was really good working there because they hired me when i had little to no experince and i learned alot about upselling and keeping a safe and clean workspace
Good first job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 1, 2016
It is an excellent first job if thats what your looking for. They train you very well so it isn't hard to do everything at McDonald's. a typical work day would be 3-8 hour shifts and could be 1-4 days if thats what you want for your schedule.
productive and fun place working at mcdonald
CASHIER & CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: paid breaks
management do good.
pay benefits .
health benefits.
paid breaks.
co workers are also helpful.
50% off for employee on food for home as well.
Productive and a fast-paced work environment.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Discounted meals, flexible hours
Cons: Long hours of standing, lifting majority of food products, burns and cuts
Usual shift involves with a sales goal each hour, communicating with everyone and keeping calm under a certain pressure. Manager would give us different tasks a secondary option. When it's not busy, multi-tasking is involved, making sure preparation is complete. I am cross-trained so I'm usually everywhere (front counter, back, or drive-thru) so usual productive things to do i.e. serving customers, making coffee, or making food or greeting them a good day.I really don't have a personal opinion on my management team except that they do their job well as much as I respect them for their professionalism. The hardest part about the job is satisfying customers, we get different kinds of customers and I enjoy that. We get "difficult" customers that are very handy to handle. But overall, I like the fast-paced environment, very productive, flexible hours and working with everyone
Fun place to work with your friends
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Parry Sound, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: working with friends, fun, half priced meals
Cons: unfriendly coworkers
It is a good place to work. You get to work with your friends and work when you need to for the most part. Usually your availability was followed. Its a fast paced place with lots of hard work and it is rewarding. Most of the time its a fun place to work. It does help you develop skills to use in the future
Great work place
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 31, 2016
love the crew and managers. not a lot of hours. only time its difficult is when its busy and were understaffed. days are usually the same. I enjoy working with these people.
productive and fun staff and guests!
Overnight Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Working as an Overnight manager at McDonald's can be pretty stressful and crazy. The crew come to work and because of that we can have fun while we work.
The Guests are number one. The smiles that I see from the customers when they realize that I remembered their order, or even have it ready for them before they walk in the doors.... It really makes my day.
Its crazy to imagine how much I have actually learnt from McDonald's, simple things even. Clean as you go... Number one thing, and I even catch myself doing it around other stores. I have also had the pleasure of being sent on the first aid course and food handlers course.
Good for hours, bad for drama.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Drama
This place has a lot of teenagers, which is fine for people with their first job; however, if you want to get your work done there is a lot of drama.
Exciting and new
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Discounts on meals
Cons: Short hours
I was previously employed at McDonald's. My experience there was exciting and new because it was my first job and along with that I enjoyed the company of my coworkers during ever shift.
Good starting job
Counter Attendant and Crew Trainer (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Good experience
Cons: Bosses had very poor people skills
This franchise can be fun to work at with the right set of people. However, poor upper management skills make it somewhat tense at times. Overall it was okay.
fun work
Chef d'équipe (superviseur) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: 50% on my meal
A very stressful and hardworking job but yet a great experience.
My co-workers were all great and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was when there was a large volume of customers and very less crew working but I always used to manage.The management team was very excellent and understating.understating. I've learned working in a very stressful place,a good team work,great experience and get to know a lot of people.
Its McDonalds
Crew (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Irregular hours, gross working conditions
It was a good starting job, lots of janitorial and customer service. Worked in drive thru, till, specialty drinks, lobby, and in stock. Always insist on wearing gloves when cleaning the bathroom, no matter what they say.
Productive while having fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Free food and drinks
Cons: Long standing hours but wages are not that much good
The working at this place is fun and enjoyable and the management and co-workers are friendly and very understandable.
Headquarters