McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
they are very professional and handle their employees professionally
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
Mcdonalds was one of the best jobs I have had, they understood when i wasnt able to come in for aq day and would get me to go to the doctors when i needed to.
Fun and fast-paced customer service position
Crew Member (Current Employee), Belleville, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: Rewards for meeting hourly incentives (ex: free meals)
Cons: Exhausting to balance while in school
The job requires a lot of time management and prioritizing in order to maintain customer satisfaction with speed and quality service. The entire staff is great at working as a team to meet goals. The hardest part of this job is balancing the hours with being in school full time. I enjoy the challenge of such a fast paced environment and working with a team.
McDonald's
Cashier (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: Overnights
Handling transactions (cash,debit,credit)
Answering customer questions
Ensuring the whole experience is an excellent one
Cleaning and stocking the area
Get along with and love everyone I currently work with
Hardest part of the job would be making sure everyone is on task
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with
Productive Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Free meals once in a while
Good co-workers and fun environment to work. We would interact and communicate when the store was busy, let each other know the task we are doing and what we are going to achieve to complete the tasks.
great first job
Work as cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: little to no oprotunity
usually a tipical day at works consits of lots of customer service, at mc donalds the customer comes first. i also handle a great amount of food cookng mostly. this is a good place to learn costructive communication skills with customers
Horrible place to work where you can get fired in any minute
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 2, 2016
one 30 minute break after 2 hours when working 8 hours shift, low pay, won't let you leave if your sick. management is the worse. you will lose your job at any minute.
Overall good
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
I have been very fortunate to work with this company for 9 years and have gained a lot of skills in a customer service role which I will take with me wherever I may go. The training here at McDonald's have been very valuable. I enjoy getting to working with such a diverse group of people and have built a lot of good relationships with the crew at my store as well as customers. I have completed all of the required McDonald's classes for my current position in the system.
Very disorganized and Tedious
Employee (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
I had began work and just a month later they had lost my new availability. They stopped giving me shifts because of this, gradually, and then i just stopped getting any type of communication from the store. Working there is also very tough, because of the impatience and lack of understanding from the costumers that you would find going to a McDonalds.
McDonald's as a first job
Cashier (Current Employee), Nova ScotiaMay 2, 2016
Pros: Flexible scheduling for workers
Cons: Potential for too few hours
For a first job, McDonald's has been pretty good to me. I really enjoyed the flexibility that this job provided me during my studies. Overall it was a good experience. This job is not for everyone, it can be quite stressful and demanding at times, often pushing people past their limits. I definitely think that if you can manage to make it work, you will see yourself grow as a person and employee.
Salaried Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Long and tiring hours and not enough pay
Organizing the shift

Learnt - speed, accuracy, setting goals, meeting targets and celebrating success
How to train and develop people

Hardest part - Rush hours and dealing with customers
Enjoyable part - parties and going out with crew to work events.
fun, fast paced
Crew Member and Trainer (Former Employee), Bradford, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: 50% employee discount
Cons: store manager made it very hard to book time off
a fun fast paced work environment. Your fellow employees are the ones who really make the job worth it. it was difficult to book days off even when policy was followed.
Productive and fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2016
Pros: 50% discount for food
Cons: none
This company Is Productive and fun workplace, staff and crew are very friendly and cool. Very fast service and food always hot.
Good place to start working at
Crew Member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 1, 2016
Good training and environment. Flexible hours especially during school. Overall, a great opportunity and working experience here at McDonalds. You won't regret it!
Hard to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Bolton, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Some of the crew are amazing and are great friends and people
Cons: Head office does not care about you and harrase you, store owner is the worst.
Used to be privately owned. Switched to head office was terrible and the owners like to work you as hard as they can. They don't care about you.
Great Experience
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: insufficient staff
Great learning experience. Learnt to deal with unsatisfied customers, manage the shift, operate p.o.s. system and enter data/reports. I wasn't always given enough staff to operate the store to the expectations of my superiors. They expected a bit much of us shift managers without giving us the appropriate equipment or staff to do so.
Flexible hours
cashier (Current Employee), Ajax, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: long hours, very busy
During my one year and a half at McDonald, I've learned alot of things, I've learned how to cope with mean and rude costumers, to be patient, and I've also learned how to be a responsible person when having a job! The hardest part of my job is to keep up with the rush hours. Running back and forth can be pretty hectic and tiring.
Fun place to go too!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Helpful
Cons: None
Working at Costco was a really fun place to work. I was treated really the fellow staff. It was good to be right out there on the sales floor. Being able to help our customers!
well managed and time efficient
crew member (Current Employee), British ColumbiaApril 30, 2016
Pros: 50% off on employee meal
i learnt how to manage cash and how o deal with customers. i have also done 8-10 hours of regular shifts. it is fast paced wok.
Terrible Management
Food preparation worker (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 30, 2016
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: management, hours
Managers weren't the best, would give the best shifts to the workers they were friends with, often gave me short cleaning shifts early in the morning,