McDonald's
28,959 reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Crew member (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 25, 2015
They work around your needs. If there is a problem you are able to talk to your manager. Get along with others
Worked as cashier
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee), Caledonia, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Worked as cashier and kitchen production, great place to move up the chain of command quickly.
Cashier and order taker as well as crew trainer (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: cut hours
Atypical day at work is usually fast pace, needing to multitask in at least 3 different areas. Dealing with all sorts of customers, and learning to deal with complaints and how to solve problems. I have completed an area management workshop to help me improve my skills in managing areas and developing them to better improve myself. I love all my co-workers, they are all hard workers and help make the environment more up lifting and less stressful.
The hardest part of my job would be the days where we are extremely short staffed, its really busy and multitasking becomes a bit more difficult. And when a manager is having a really bad day they tend to make the work environment a bit more stressful.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people that I get to meet and become friends with throughout each day.
Productive, fast-paced work place.
Back area worker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 50% off all food.
Cons: not enough hours.
There was way too many employees, not enough hours available, management was immature and not always professional. The best part of the job was the food and the 50% off. A typical McDonald's day is not the most fun.
Horrible!
Crew Member (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 22, 2015
Managers never treat their members very well.
I learned how to have a good customer service
Managers don't know how to do their time management
Co-workers, only few of them are good the rest are bullies
Productive and busy workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 22, 2015
A typical work day at McDonalds is fast pace and usually busy. You learn team work and how to put up with unsatisfied customers. My co-workers are fun outgoing people and great people to work with. They show great team work and are always helpful towards each other.
it was very fun working in this company
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Crew members and all the manager were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was it was repetitive. But overall, I had a good experience which leads me to a better job.
flexable hours, a jobs made good by the people you work with.
Cashier/grill (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: 50% offany mcdoalds, known world wide
Cons: repitive tasks along side of people that lack intellegence.
good benefits for full time, great structured place to work.
Can't remember
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Ladysmith, BCJanuary 20, 2015
My time there is kinda foggy since I've had a few jobs since then. personally I don't really recall much in regards to quality or lack thereof. Case in point even if I wanted to say a persons name from that job I couldn't even remember.
Fun, simple, but not a professional workplace
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee), Whitby OntJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: occasional free food, easy to increase position, friendly environment
Cons: pay, uncomfortable greasy hot work environment
Uncomfortable environment for working and staff constantly changes since its great for teenagers first jobs. Low pay, but the full time shift is a friendly environment with many team building exercises and really helps enforce a proper work ethic. Great for a first job
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
-Working at McDonald's helped me grow as a person and professionally.
-Dealing with difficult customers and situations almost everyday always had me on my toes which helped me make sure I always provide the most effective and respectful service.
I loved the costumers and the people I worked with
Cashier (Current Employee), St.Thomas ON canadaJanuary 20, 2015
I loved working set hours and working with the ladies I worked with .. I had to go on maternity leave and now Im looking for a job that will give me better hours to support my little man.
It was McDonald's
Lobby cleaner (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off most food
Cons: minimum wage, 8 hours a day
It was a minimum wage fast food job. I had to clean the floors, chairs, tables, and basically everything else myself. A lot of the time I felt like I had no team since I was always working by myself, cleaning alone. It wasn't very enjoyable, but it gave me money so I guess it was okay. But then again, it was also minimum wage.
Fast food workplace
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Like any fast food restaurant, fast paced environment with a team of friends that grow to be like family. Good training program. Hours were not enough, mostly part time oportunities.
Fun place to work
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: half off meals
Cons: long hours and demands
Mcdonalds was very versatile and I was able to expand my knowledge by learning new things
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), BayviewJanuary 18, 2015
Would punch in to work and go to a cash register. Co-workers all spoke in their own languages to each other and management would join. Too much work for very little pay. The only good part about this job was some of the people that I have met were kind.
A good introductory workplace for young adults and students
Team Leader (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 18, 2015
A place that is flexible with work schedules because of previous commitments such as, school.
Fun place to work with co-workers your age
Crew trainer (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: long hours
Great place for students who are looking for a part-time job with flexible hours. You learn about customer service and make new friends all the time.
Love working for this company
Manager (Current Employee), Sault Ste. MarieJanuary 17, 2015
McDonald's is an amazing place to work. They really show how much they care about their employees. They offer flexible hours to every employee.
fun workplace, poor pay
Cashier (Former Employee), toronto,onJanuary 16, 2015
busy workplace, poor pay for the work you do. Managers make work a little more enjoyable..but overall not worth the time

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more