McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

nice place to work
Customer care specialist (Current Employee), Massey Drive ThruJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: Less hours
There is safe and clean environment to work. I like to work here because the staff is very supportive. Give respect to every employers.
There is friendly behaviour among all employers.
Fun workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Discounted food
Cons: Dealing with rude customers
Depending on if you work in the kitchen or are taking orders, your day could be very different. If you don't really like dealing with people and aren't really a peoples person then the kitchen is more – more... for you. Where all you have to worry about is just making the food in a timely manner. If your taking orders you have to deal with customers and their complaints. the most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to work with friends. – less
Experience at McDonald's
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 3, 2015
Learned how to use a cash register correctly and serve customers right change along with learning menu items to inform customers. Re-stocked items and helped maintain my hard work all through my career there.
Fast-paced and productive but not hard work.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: 50% off your meal.
Cons: Always work so there's almost no time for the washroom.
I find when I am working at McDonald's there is always something to do and someone to direct you to it if your not sure which is great but I find assembling a burger isn't the type of hard work I can go home at the end of the day and feel accomplished about. I would rather wipe my sweat off my forehead then real grease.
flexible but not many hours given.
Cashier (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 2, 2015
basically only 4-6 hours shifts are given. roughly 20 hours a week if you're lucky. Management is okay but they have their favourites. half price meals are cool.
Good Workplace
Fast-Food Restaurant Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Amazing co-workers
Cons: Annoying costumers
Management was great. Made sure my availability was always followed but very hard to change when needed. Co-workers were very fun to work with. Only down point is that some costumers are very rude and disrespectful to cashiers causing disputes.
Crew (Former Employee), Taber, ABJuly 2, 2015
Pros: 50% off for meals
Cons: Limited time of break
It's okay, we're always having fun. Most especially the nice and kind managers in there, Just some costumers and rude. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get my pay checks, it's worth it! But the hardest is, when we only get 30 minutes break, Not that worth but it's okay.
Great co-workers and helpful management
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Elmsdale, NSJuly 1, 2015
I always felt useful while working at McDonald's. I was engaged with the work and with my co-workers. The management were always able to direct my skills when and where they were needed.
Fun and productive place to work
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 30, 2015
A very fun and high energy place to work. Lots of room for advancement and growth. I went from being a regular employee to being the person to train all new employees.
Great Opportunity
Swing Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Long hours, unreliable crew, If you are sick there are no on call managers
A typical day involved interacting with customers and teaching young teenagers work ethic, I learned how to lead and be creative by constantly writing encouraging emails to the staff on my shifts. I worked – more... with a strong team of managers who enjoy their job. The hardest part of the job would be the customers that no matter how hard you tried to fix the situation they were not satisfied. The most enjoyable part was the teenagers and young adults I got the opportunity of working and all the team building skills I learned. – less
Great place t learn from
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 29, 2015
Working at McDonalds was great only because I learned my tasks really quickly and carried out procedures correctly. In fact, I showed that I knew the procedures so well enough that I was given an "Employee of the month Award" in the first month working there.
Serving and helping costumers to satisfy their experience in McDonald's
Cashier, Taking order and serving costumers. (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJune 28, 2015
Pros: McDonald's offers you a 50% off on every meals you purchase.
Cons: Dealing with rude costumers and stubborn co-workers.
Working in McDonald's restaurant is where I first experienced being a cashier and learned how to serve different type costumers. The managers and my co-workers were all hard workers and always willing to help you.
Fun and friendly workplace, with little to no troubles.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cloverdale, BCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: No pay
At McDonalds, a typical day would be to simply cook and prepare meals for customers and attend the drive through window. Little to no stress involved, the job was simple and easy.
productive and fun workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Bolton, OnJune 26, 2015
clock into my shift look at the floor plan get to my station greet all my co workers on shift then being work. continue working interacting with co workers at my station until it is time for me to go. Ask the lead supervisor if i need to do anything before i go, finish task if given then clock out and go home.
improving my communication skills in a propers how to deal with the customers
Crew Chief (Current Employee), kuwait,KUJune 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 8 hours
this company fun ,productive,there is teamwork.the management they provide us the benefits that we expect to this comny like overtime pay, free transportation ,accomodation, free meal performance review pay,
Great team, poor management
Back Employee (Current Employee), Concord, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches, fun team, good hours
Cons: management can be bad.
Great place to work with a great family. However management can sometimes be very annoying, stressful, and just bad in situations where it is not necessary . Promote the wrong people to team leads.
Fun and Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: 50% off every meal
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work entails many responsibilities. Stocking up our prep area, cleaning, as well as check the cash register. All of this needs to be done very quickly as it is a very fast paced environment, – more... the management is very helpful in assigning everyone's roles for the shift. The hardest part of the job is during rush hour where things can get stressful. I've learned many things. I am now able to multitask in all aspects of life, and I'm able to pick up new things very quickly and know them like the back of my hand. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in lobby cleaning. The time went by very quickly when interacting with all the customers while cleaning. – less
fun place of work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: free desserts
Cons: short hours and minimum pay
it is a good environment to work, but the problem is that I needed more hour to work because I need to pay my post secondary education.
the staff at mc donalds are wonderful people. I enjoyed every time I went working but I quit because I need more working hours.
Flexible
Cashier (Current Employee), BramptonJune 22, 2015
The hours are very flexible to fit a students schedule.
Mangers are very understanding, and the staff are great!
You meet a lot of friendly customers who come regularly and you can learn more about them.
A great learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary ABJune 22, 2015
Pros: 50% off every meal
Cons: not enough hours
McDonald's is a fun and a beneficial place to work although at times work sometimes becomes tiring it's always nice to make your customers happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald’s is a world leading family restaurant brands in the quick service sector. The UK business comprises of more than – Read more