McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,067 reviews matching the search
Lots of Opportunity and Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 9, 2016
McDonald's is a very good place to work. It offers a lot of opportunity and benefits to its employees. There is room for advancement, it teaches you people skills, and how to handle working in stressful situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your co-workers, usually it is a lot of fun and you end up becoming like a family. The hardest part is having to deal with angry customers. Management is usually good and really understanding. Overall McDonald's is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Can be stressful.
Good place for beginners
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
McDonalds was on okay place to work, I worked at better places but I wasn't the worse place. The hours were very flexible, so it was able to accommodate to my school.
However the managers did sometimes schedule people outside of their availability and when it was brought to their attention, it wasn't taken seriously and sometimes did nothing to help.
Of course this is only some managers and only the one McDonalds.
Pros
Raise every year depending on your performance
Cons
Sometimes management don't listen to the crew
Over-worked and under paid
Overnight Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONMarch 11, 2016
Many tasks to keep you busy throughout the night so time goes by fast it may be too much for one person to handle however. I rarely leave before 7:30AM although I am scheduled until 7AM and I never receive a break.

This job requires a lot of heavy lifting, working with chemicals, hot oil and grills. I leave very sore, tired and have gotten a lot of scars despite using protection equipment.

Management and co-workers are young which leads to a lot of gossip and complaining. Many student employees do the bare minimum, leaving extra work for full-time staff.

Hours are great Sunday-Thursday, weekends off and work while only drive-thru is open with one manager.

You work HARD for your money with this position.
Pros
Time flies, independent work
Cons
Physically demanding, no breaks, young staff & management = ALOT of drama
Productive place with hardworking people
Crew Member (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of preparing and cooking meals throughout the shift. I would clean and perform sanitary duties on the go, emphasizing the importance of keeping my workplace clean. I learned a lot from here, and developed lots of skills. Learned to work well under pressure and work well with a team. The managers were very nice, but they made sure that all our work was done effectively, correctly, and quickly. The co-workers were respectful and helpful, and always made sure to help out if their co-workers fell behind or made a mistake. The hardest part of the job is working during lunch, where it gets very busy. During this busy time, the food still has to be made quickly and effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving praise from co-workers, managers, and customers for my work.
Great place to start out
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
my typical day at work is usually busy. I've learned how to multitask in a fast pace environment developed more interpersonal skills. Management can put a little more effort in running the store and scheduling people good hours and working around each other's schedule. My co-workers are friendly and we work great as a team and putting aside our differences. The most hardest part in the job is communicating with each other in a face flow where as everybody's trying to keep up with each other everybody's talking over on another to get the items for the order. the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and building relationships with costumers especially the ones who are regulars. I believe that McDonald's Restaurant has help developed me more as a person to view and see certain things and that's what is exciting to know what other jobs are about and how i'd be able to perform and becoming a more skilled and advanced employee.
Pros
50% discounts on food
Salary/Be