McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,968 reviews matching the search
Productive place with hardworking people
Crew Member (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of preparing and cooking meals throughout the shift. I would clean and perform sanitary duties on the go, emphasizing the importance of keeping my workplace clean. I learned a lot from here, and developed lots of skills. Learned to work well under pressure and work well with a team. The managers were very nice, but they made sure that all our work was done effectively, correctly, and quickly. The co-workers were respectful and helpful, and always made sure to help out if their co-workers fell behind or made a mistake. The hardest part of the job is working during lunch, where it gets very busy. During this busy time, the food still has to be made quickly and effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving praise from co-workers, managers, and customers for my work.
Great place to learn
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 4, 2016
A day at McDonald's would be the same. Taking orders and serving customers, clean up and stock up, cover for breaks and repeat. As a manager I would position crew members, delegate tasks and oversee all the above activities.

I learned the importance of communication. In order for a steady work flow, all members of the team must be communicating with each other, as well as with the customers, to ensure order accuracy and to deliver it in a time-efficient manner.

The hardest part of the job would be the scheduling. We would be constantly understaffed and would have to work twice as hard to keep the restaurant running.

The best part of the job would be the knowledge I gained there. I was able to advance positions and create a foundation to build my future career on.
Pros
Flexible hours, great co-workers
Cons
Understaffed, overworked, not enough compensation
Lots of Opportunity and Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 9, 2016
McDonald's is a very good place to work. It offers a lot of opportunity and benefits to its employees. There is room for advancement, it teaches you people skills, and how to handle working in stressful situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your co-workers, usually it is a lot of fun and you end up becoming like a family. The hardest part is having to deal with angry customers. Management is usually good and really understanding. Overall McDonald's is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Can be stressful.
Good place for beginners
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
McDonalds was on okay place to work, I worked at better places but I wasn't the worse place. The hours were very flexible, so it was able to accommodate to my school.
However the managers did sometimes schedule people outside of their availability and when it was brought to their attention, it wasn't taken seriously and sometimes did nothing to help.
Of course this is only some managers and only the one McDonalds.
Pros
Raise every year depending on your performance
Cons
Sometimes management don't listen to the crew
Worked with some of my closest friends, great benefits, room to grow
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONMarch 9, 2016
McDonald's was my first job, I started in high school and as a part time staff you could basically choose your hours, as long as you knew how to convince people to switch your shifts. In order to advance you really had to make yourself stand out from the pack, which could prove difficult, or you could just take matters into your own hands which is exactly what I did. Made myself versatile and a leader and they rewarded me. There's a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, everything will fall into place. Teaches you a great work ethic and how to deal with people.
Pros
50% off, great staff, great benefits
Cons
Low pay
Work is easy, but fast-paced and usually disorganized.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 10, 2015
There are many positions available at McDonald's, I was on the Front Counter taking orders or running. The training is pretty horrible, pretty much just read over a bunch of stuff and they throw you out on the floor (usually during rush's). It's gotten better now, but that's what they did when I started. I was supposed to of received my Platinum Card (50% off all McDonald's food across Canada) when I started, one of the only benefits of working there and I still haven't received it. Even after mentioning it dozens of time, they always make excuses. Most of the "managers" can't solve anything.
Pros
Relatively easy job and good to have on your resume; Good to have as a second side job.
Cons
A 24-hour restaurant means you can be scheduled graveyard shifts, customers can be really rude, management isn't great.