McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace enviroment
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2014
-Alternating between making food and working till
-Learned extensively about cleaning and sanitation
Hard working restaurant
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 17, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: low pay
The job was essentially a very hard working typical job, there are several responsibilities that every worker had and completed. I learned several positions and new valuable skills that essentially gave me a lot or experience and a maturity growth. The hardest part of the job was working as hard as some of us did and seeing that there was a low pay. – more... The most enjoyable time was making the customers happy. – less
Review on McDonald's
Floor Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free food, socializing with coworkers
Cons: overnight shifts are a must every month
McDonald's is my first job in life. I started at the age of 15 and have excelled throughout my six years of working there. I am now one of the floor managers at my location and my job couldn't any tougher than dealing with customer complaints and the heavy duty work load depending on our rush hours. All in all, my experience is very good and I am happy – more... to be apart of my McDonald's family. – less
Needs Better Mangement, and more people for the job.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 14, 2014
Pros: amazing people to work with, with crew outings.
Cons: stressful
The Co-workers are great, however Management expects fast results when then do no have enough people to do the job. It can become very stressful at time because of this.
McDonalds
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: over time
Greeting Costumers
- " welcome to Mcdonalds" " How can I help you today" ?
- help costumers order their food
- I learn how to communicate well with costumers
- I learn the meaning of "hospitality"
- I learn out to problem solve
- I worked well with my co-workers
- the hardest part abut the job is dealing with confusing costumers however, I always solve – more... the problem by recommending meals to them.
- the most enjoyable part of the job talking to people everyday and putting smiles on people faces. – less
Friendly, family-like workplace.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Armstrong, BCAugust 14, 2014
If you are a hard, dedicated employee it doesn't go unnoticed. Promotions are a definite reality and you will more than likely get along with all your co-workers.
Great co-workers and atmosphere
Cashier / Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed the most working with the co-workers who helped me to not only feel comfortable with my job but to make me feel like i was apart of the family and made it so much easier to learn and build new experiences.
money money money
Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and free unforms
Cons: understaffed
They are so concerned with making money they lose focus on customer service. They keep minimal staff on every shift so everyone is over worked and there aren't enough staff to provide proper customer service.

Management are not in the same book let alone the same page. Makes for a very frustrating place to work.
hard working place but poor management
Cashier, Runner, Window Service and Cleaner (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: fast pace
very hard working staff with strict policies but poor pay and rare shifts to work.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Grill, Lobby and Cashier (Former Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONAugust 11, 2014
Good first job. Tasks included Grill, Lobby and Cash. Good Customer Service skills developed.
Fun workplace
Part time employee (Former Employee), Cookstown ONAugust 10, 2014
Pros: half price discount
Cons: greasy working environment
This job got very repetitive after awhile but the good co-workers made the shift go by so much faster. The biggest thing I learned from working here was to become faced paced. The hardest part was standing in the same spot for hours wasn't the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we celebrated holidays at our store.
food
Crew Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2014
get in, make sure all the condiments are filled, make sure all the meat and chicken are filled up, also for breask fest all the eggs, ham and becon is at a good level, clean , restock, working in different stations if the manager has asked. the manager work good most of the time but when it came to certain things, they were a little bit hard to handle, – more... the hadest part of the job was keeping up the with the ordering speed and making the sandwiches neat – less
Perfect for students starting out in the workforce.
Customer Service Representative/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: didn't give me the hours i asked for
For high school students that are just starting to work, McDonalds is the perfect place to start because it teaches you the basics: positivity, teamwork, communication, and leadership. I recommend it for anyone starting out.
Productive Work Life
Crew (Former Employee), MarkhamAugust 8, 2014
Going into a shift you had to be on time and ready to go. I was required to fill out a check list before taking position, which would only make the rest of my shift easier. The managers and other crew members were always helpful and caring and really easy to talk to.
Sanitary routine is followed through well in workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), jane and finch , torontoAugust 8, 2014
looking forward to grow with a different environment. I've been in the food industry majority of my work experience and would like to dedicate myself else where
Fun place to work
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBAugust 8, 2014
I loved my crew and my job looked forward to going to work every day. I was very sad to leave but I moved, I still keep in touch with most of my crew and they know who they are. If I ever move back I know there is a job waiting for me. I was always complimented and that felt nice.
Great place to Start
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: long hours
I learned how to work the cash register, and to handle tough customers. My co-workers were great, we made a great team. The hardest part of the job was handling rush-hour during lunch and dinner but I got used to it pretty quickly. The most enjoyable part was the work environment was very fun.
i loved working there as it was sad to leave but i moved away
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: being told i did good job
Cons: drunks abbusive customers
i would look forward to my day knowing who i was working with who i would make there day who i would see .the people i would make smile and the things i learned something everyday i made new friends and met old friends i was easy to talk to others and could work with everyone
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours
You learn a lot of customer service and working in fast paced environment through this company. Very easy to move up if you do well and looks good on your resume.
The overall job I found to be unsatisfying, but the people you work with are great.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 5, 2014
in a typical day, I was to be in either the kitchen or the front counter/ drive thru area. It was hard work.

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more