McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,975 reviews matching the search
fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coronation, ABJune 30, 2016
I learned a lot at mcdonalds I learned how to be responsible and dependable person, communicate with others.
my co-workers is fun to work with.
the most enjoyable part of my job is serving people with all my heart
Pros
50% OFF
Cons
PART TIME
Be apart of the McFamily!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONJune 29, 2016
Honestly, I loved working at McDonalds. While the job was stressful during rushes and the long days were sometimes excruciating, it was all worth it. The people at the store I worked at were the best, new and old staff, we were a family. From day one you felt like you were apart of that family. Not only are the staff awesome but the regulars you get are (usually) great too. I always enjoyed my lobby shifts where I could chat with the morning coffee regulars or bring a mini ice cream cone to a child (with the parents permission of course). Some managers were more involved than others but all would jump in and lend a hand when we were in the weeds. The managers are almost always looking for someone to pick up a shift or to stay a bit longer so it was fairly easy to get hours if you weren't scheduled as many as you like. McDonalds availability set-up was great and the management at my store never wanted our jobs to interfere with our school life.
Pros
great discount, availability, team/family atmosphere
Cons
can be long hours, busy and stressful
janitorial
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCJune 29, 2016
hours weren't good enough, its a good job but the company shut down due to companies shutting down and not needing the janitorial work done, I know I can do better then just a few hours a week.
McDonalds
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 29, 2016
Very good management team and crew members, atmosphere is always positive and welcoming. Lots of cleaning and re stocking of products throughout the day. the hardest part would be dealing with upset customers but the most enjoyable part is the staff.
Pros
the staff
Cons
the long hours
giving Incentives for hitting objectives.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 28, 2016
McDonald's pays for performances. Remember, wage increases are based on the merit of your own individual efforts. The better job you do, the more you make.
Management and staff will have a special accomplishment by giving special honor each month.
This type of Activity is fun and provides an opportunity to have a good time and get to know your people better.
Pros
Boost individuals Morale.
Cons
Extra Budget for the activity
Great job to start with. Builds character and skills.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SKJune 28, 2016
Face pace environment which can be stressful at times, but it helps discipline you and grant you skills that may be useful in future job search.
Pros
50% off on food products.
It was exactly what you would expect!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 28, 2016
Experience greatly depends on what your manager is like, and whether or not you get along with your coworkers. Overall, it was not such a bad place to work at. I worked there for about 19 months, and two of my three managers were awesome!
A fast and friendly workplace with lots of benefits
McDonald's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
A typical work day at McDonald's is a fast paced work environm