McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Review on McDonald's
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: short hours
Working at McDonald's means being in a fast paste environment and working with hundreds of customers throughout a shift. Providing great customer service and satisfaction is important when working at McDonald's. From working here, I have learned great communication and skills as a I converse with customers daily. At McDonald's, I got along with all – more... my co-workers and even built relationships with them outside of work. The hardest part of this job was getting use to a fast paste environment. Everything at McDonald's needs to be done quickly and efficiently. At first it was hard getting custom, however I was able to overcome this challenge and become one of my locations fastest employees. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the smiles on customers' face. Having the opportunity to make someone's day was delightful. – less
Productive and Fun
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Regina, SKNovember 25, 2014
Preparing foods

How to communicate to the customers and workmate

they're even

Fun to work with them

The hardest part is when it's busy
fun workplace
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: %50 off food
Cons: night shifts
I loved working here, the crew, managers, everyone was great to work with. I always had something to do, and It was a fast paced job with lots to do.
Never Again.
Chef (Former Employee), Toronto, ON.November 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches if you're slick.
Bad management and a extremely busy and stressful work environment make for unhappy workers, not to mention being paid minimum wage.
Service Crew, Server, Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2014
the management was okay 2 years ago. until they keep on changing managers and it got suck.

The 8 hours shift with only one 30 minutes break is horrible and it was hard.

Working with co-workers is probably the best and the flexibility.
Lobby/Kitchen Crew
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 25, 2014
Maintained a clean restaurant environment following safety and health standards
Preparation of customer’s meals and orders according to busy fast paced deadlines
Mentored and trained new kitchen staff
Good place to start
crew trainer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great first job
Cons: poor managment
You can move up fast and co workers were good however I found management didn't really care to much for employees. Customers were the hardest part they can very aggressive.
fun place
Trainer/Kitcher (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 23, 2014
Fun fast pace environment to work in. Great staff and the schedule was always flexible and often related well to my personal and school life. New oppurtunities was always available at that job.
Busy, bad location
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Downtown Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2014
Decent job, good for students. Poor management and location. Untidy surroundings, with lots of fights and thieves coming in.
Productive, clean and room for advancement
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 23, 2014
Pros: as manager, free food, easy going environment
Cons: unhappy customers
- Running the floor, assisting each station on busy times
- Handle any complaints
- I learned how to be a leader, to treat your staff with respect
- Co-workers were great
- Hardest part f the job - very irate customers
- Most enjoyable part of the job- easy going environment
Invaluable Experience in life
Customer Service (Former Employee), Highway 7 and Leslie/ Maccowan and Highway 7November 22, 2014
Pros: 50% discounts from the meals
Cons: no enough break time
This job really developed an excellent customer service in me, with nice manner and courtesy...I gained the skill to be fast and know how to react when one is in presence of a complaint, how to become a bad experience to a good one...

I learned customer service, be fast and punctual
My coworkers were like family to me, respectful people and headworkers.

Sometimes – more... it was hard to handle work and school at the same time, otherwise it gets so easy to work in there
What a enjoyed the most it was the customer experience – less
zellers
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: awesome people
Cons: folding clothes all day
I was in the fashion department so my typical day was just folding clothes or putting clothes away. I learned good customer service working in retail, and the management were good and understandable. The coworkers were very nice and we all helped eachother to get our jobs done. The hardest part of the job was the stock, and finding which stock goes – more... to which department type thing. And the most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and working and experiencing retail. – less
Enjoyable
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2014
helped new employees if needed
made sure the floor was running smoothly
Productive and Fun workplace
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 18, 2014
I loved working at McDonalds, the manager's were great and I grew attached to the regular customers that would come in. I worked at the counter in the morning, I made sure there was fresh coffee and everything was stocked up for the busy lunch hour.
Productive And fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SK.November 16, 2014
I really enjoyed working at McDonald's it was good work experience.
Fast paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Donegal, NBNovember 16, 2014
Customer Service, Preparing Food and General Cleaning. Co- workers all worked together to get each task completed.
fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee), I work everywhere within the restaurantNovember 14, 2014
help you develop, make sure you're well trained, opportunities for advancement.
Productive workplace
Crew member (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: sometimes have to stay back to help out
Everyday at work was something to enjoy as the crew and management were fairly nice. I learned a lot of team work at mcdonalds and enjoyed working especially during the rush hours.
Fun and Enjoyable environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, half-priced food, breaks were perfectly planned
Cons: occasionally understaffed
When you arrived at work the other employees were always happy to see you, and the managers were always happy & ready to get you started. I liked the flexibility of the job and having a variety of tasks to do and not always doing the exact same thing. The hardest part of the job was understanding some of the customers because in Scarborough the culture – more... is very diverse and some customers don't know english very well. – less
Great experience for a first job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 12, 2014
Learned many things required at a job site while working here and developed skills with attending customers and handling cash which can be applied to any work site.

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more