McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,783 reviews matching the search
Typical first job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  GTA, ONMay 28, 2016
Dealing with customers can be invigorating and infuriating. But that is the name of the game. You learn how to work hard and smart. They do instill good values in younger people working. Everyone has to start somewhere and McDonalds is a good launchpad to start at.
Pros
Food and food hours
Cons
Hot and sometimes annoying
benifits
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 28, 2016
this company has helped me gain good customer & multitasking skills. I've been taught how to deal with all types of customers in the most professional, reasonable, articulate manner & also adapt easily to changing time pressures.
It sucks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCMay 27, 2016
Aside from the fact that I made really good friends overt here, the job sucks. Rude customers, the managers don't respect your availabilities, they will always call you to come early to work, etc.
Pros
Friends I made
Cons
Rude customers, Bad managers
The environment in this organization supports a balance between work and personal life.
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 27, 2016
My supervisor gives me praise and recognition when I do a good job.
I am encouraged to learn from my mistakes.
My work is challenging, stimulating, and rewarding.
There is a strong feeling of teamwork and cooperation in this organization.
Customer needs are the top priority
Pros
My manager encourages and supports my development.
Cons
understaff -sometimes
typical days work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 27, 2016
Handling cash, giving correct change, graveyard shifts, and morning shifts. Ensuring everything was clean and sanitized. Multi-tasking while working on the drive-thru, following company and provincial standards of food preparation. Having great customer service, and faster at my tasks each day, but also so doing everything the proper way. Helping teach/guide the newer crew members when they asked or if i noticed any struggles.
Excellent opportunities for students
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 27, 2016
At McDonald's an employee is given great training, and learns how to deal with all sorts of customers, including those who may in some way be disabled. I feel that there is generally a strong, supportive atmosphere between coworkers, whether they be at the same level or in the case of management and staff.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Hard work, can be dirty and tests your patience when dealing with customers.
A short working period.
Handworker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2016
Worked there for a very short period of time. I couldn't manage to work and attend to high school at the same time. I would not say that it was the easiest job.
great for getting work experience
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 26, 2016
always busy at work. co-workers are really enjoying the job since they're student mostly. Hardest part of the job was dealing with a rude customer and you have to stay calm.
Pros
free food
Cons
salary
very fun worked with enjoyable people
cashier/ order taker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed going into work. I got to order take on front counter as well as in the drive through. I got to make drinks and interact with customers. The managers were great and always very positive i never left unsatisfied.
Pros
discount fun people
Cons
angry customers
Quality crew members, great training and an excellent environment to develop my people skills
Team member (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 26, 2016
- Amazing introduction to the working world
- Training made me feel prepared and up to speed when starting my job
- Communicating with both my co-workers and customers allowed me to develop my interpersonal skills
Great Learning Experience
Crew Member, Crew Trainer, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ONMay 26, 2016
Working at McDonalds throughout highschool was the best learning experience that I ever could have gotten. I gained many communication and problem solving skills that are needed now in my life more than ever before. This first job really set me up to be able to work anywhere with the skills i have achieved. Hardest part of the job would definitely be managing multiple problems at once, but with great team effort they all were successfully done. Overall, great place to work - friendly people, great hours, very flexible.
Pros
benefits, breaks, great hours
Cons
long days when busy
Fun work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 26, 2016
I gained a lot of experience working at McDonalds as it was my first real proper job. I learned a lot about customer service, and how to interact with different types of customers. I also learned how to think quickly and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Was a good job when i was younger time to move on
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 26, 2016
I am a crew trainer but play the role as an assistant manager taking charge of the kitchen, i keep my work area clean, get inventory stocked up properly, cover breaks and maintain a low time per order (50 seconds @ Markham & progress). lastly i do any extra work the manager needs help with from grease trap cleaning to changing menu boards outside to snow shoveling drive thru during winter months.
Pros
learned to work very well under pressure
Cons
super long hours