McDonald's
27,277 reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Invaluable Experience in life
Customer Service (Former Employee), Highway 7 and Leslie/ Maccowan and Highway 7November 22, 2014
Pros: 50% discounts from the meals
Cons: no enough break time
This job really developed an excellent customer service in me, with nice manner and courtesy...I gained the skill to be fast and know how to react when one is in presence of a complaint, how to become a bad experience to a good one...

I learned customer service, be fast and punctual
My coworkers were like family to me, respectful people and headworkers.

Sometimes – more... it was hard to handle work and school at the same time, otherwise it gets so easy to work in there
What a enjoyed the most it was the customer experience – less
zellers
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: awesome people
Cons: folding clothes all day
I was in the fashion department so my typical day was just folding clothes or putting clothes away. I learned good customer service working in retail, and the management were good and understandable. The coworkers were very nice and we all helped eachother to get our jobs done. The hardest part of the job was the stock, and finding which stock goes – more... to which department type thing. And the most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and working and experiencing retail. – less
Enjoyable
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2014
helped new employees if needed
made sure the floor was running smoothly
Productive and Fun workplace
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 18, 2014
I loved working at McDonalds, the manager's were great and I grew attached to the regular customers that would come in. I worked at the counter in the morning, I made sure there was fresh coffee and everything was stocked up for the busy lunch hour.
Productive And fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SK.November 16, 2014
I really enjoyed working at McDonald's it was good work experience.
Fast paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Donegal, NBNovember 16, 2014
Customer Service, Preparing Food and General Cleaning. Co- workers all worked together to get each task completed.
fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee), I work everywhere within the restaurantNovember 14, 2014
help you develop, make sure you're well trained, opportunities for advancement.
Productive workplace
Crew member (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: sometimes have to stay back to help out
Everyday at work was something to enjoy as the crew and management were fairly nice. I learned a lot of team work at mcdonalds and enjoyed working especially during the rush hours.
Fun and Enjoyable environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, half-priced food, breaks were perfectly planned
Cons: occasionally understaffed
When you arrived at work the other employees were always happy to see you, and the managers were always happy & ready to get you started. I liked the flexibility of the job and having a variety of tasks to do and not always doing the exact same thing. The hardest part of the job was understanding some of the customers because in Scarborough the culture – more... is very diverse and some customers don't know english very well. – less
Great experience for a first job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 12, 2014
Learned many things required at a job site while working here and developed skills with attending customers and handling cash which can be applied to any work site.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 12, 2014
Good first job for anyone starting out, theres many options. If you don't enjoy dealing with the customer one on one then you can work in the kitchen or prepare the bags. Your job is very straight forward. They are understanding with school as well.
Easy to adapt to, friendly work environment
Caissière (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: conveniant hours given
Cons: stressful
Overall, Mcdonalds was a great life experience. I have learned how to easily make friends with other employees and how to cope with a stressful environment. The hardest part of the job was being able to multitask but I adapted quickly after a few weeks of training.
fun
Crew-member/ Worker (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 10, 2014
good learning experience very fast paced but fun and enjoyed working in a team and always meeting people
Fun and great learning environment!
Manager (Former Employee), CourtenayNovember 10, 2014
I would start my shift by doing my pre-shift checklist, then plan where to put each employee for the whole shift. I would resolve conflict if it came about, recorded waste and put together the deposit for the day.
I learned how to mange my time wisely, how to be a good leader and also how to make work friends. My other coworkers and bosses were amazing, – more... but the hardest part of the job was having the occasional dissatisfied customer, but the friendly and positive environment made up for that. – less
Productive and fun learning enviroment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: long hours
Over all great place. Mangers at this institute were very understanding and cooperative in a wide variety of situations.
Fun, hard working and dynamic workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), boul maurice duplessisNovember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off
Cons: low pay
Just like any other job, as the new guy, your expected to clean a little more than your peers. For me that was ok i had no problem with that since i do every thing i was told to do on a daily basis at home. Everyone was friendly and cooperative willing to help the new guy (me). The dynamic feel was a nice refreshing touch to the dread of the uniform – more... and the for-sight of the next 5-8 hours of work that were before you.The main thing about this job was the manager a good manager kept u busy and did not expect you to know what to do at all times though that is expected of you but sometimes unrealistic since there are moments during the day where it is slow but with time you would learn the routines.Over all decent place to start your job experience. – less
Management appreciation
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: too much of it is bad
Serving food, taking cash or cooking food and passing it to my co-workers.

I was thought me how to really understand personalities, The workplace was very diverse and the managers handle all of us as equals, it was something to appreciate.

There was a great set of managers that made my everyday work at the workplace enjoyable. In terms of the workload – more... it never felt as though you were two titles or 2 dollars in hourly rate away from them.

Co-workers were all easy going as long as you understand that they are human, and there will be times when they have a bad day.

Dealing with customers by far the most difficult part, through many things their lack of communication, and ignorance to what they are truly entitled to and the obligation that lies between you and them which is stretched and you will be tested.

Dealing with customers by far is the most enjoyable part, the different experiences in what you see,hear, and what is done by customer can be very humorous at times. It can turn your bad day good and help you understand how to find the light in a future negative situation. – less
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Bolton, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short shifts
You will meet great people and learn about the fast food industry
Mcdonalds
Cashier (Current Employee), Lancaster, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free soda, 50% off food.
Cons: painful shoes.
Mcdonalds has taught me a lot like how to properly work in customer service and how to work a cash. I got along well with all of my co workers and the management. The hardest part of the job was getting rude responses from customers , and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make people smile and serving people.
What I learned
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), SudburyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours
I learned many things like how to work efficiently and quickly, how to work under high preasure and stress

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more