McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,631 reviews matching the search
Flexible hours
cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 1, 2016
During my one year and a half at McDonald, I've learned alot of things, I've learned how to cope with mean and rude costumers, to be patient, and I've also learned how to be a responsible person when having a job! The hardest part of my job is to keep up with the rush hours. Running back and forth can be pretty hectic and tiring.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
long hours, very busy
Fun place to go too!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 1, 2016
Working at Costco was a really fun place to work. I was treated really the fellow staff. It was good to be right out there on the sales floor. Being able to help our customers!
Cons
well managed and time efficient
crew member (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaApril 30, 2016
i learnt how to manage cash and how o deal with customers. i have also done 8-10 hours of regular shifts. it is fast paced wok.
Pros
50% off on employee meal
Terrible Management
Food preparation worker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONApril 30, 2016
Managers weren't the best, would give the best shifts to the workers they were friends with, often gave me short cleaning shifts early in the morning,
Pros
50% off food
Cons
management, hours
Preparing and making the orders quick and effectively.
Cook (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 29, 2016
cooking
Helped costumers & merchants identify services and products that best suited their needs.
Arranging and restocking merchandise.
cleaning dishes
cleaning table
Good place to work while going to school.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABApril 28, 2016
It is a fast paced work place. Managers are kind and flexible with your schedule, and school. You'll always have the opportunity to upgrade your position. A typical day at work is me being a cashier, and helping the customers, or running their food. Some days I am in the back making the food. Management teach me new things every day to help me move up in my position. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the customers when something has gone wrong in a way that won't upset them more. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends at work.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Closes' late
good but managment can be pushy
Chef/Order taker (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCApril 27, 2016
very good starter job just that the managers can get really frustrated very fast like i watched one manager full out scream at a girl cause she wasnt going fast enough even tho she was going faster than all the other chefs
Not enough hours received, productive work environment,
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 27, 2016
I do not receive enough hours at my current placement and would prefer to receive more, at work I am very productive and pace my self with tasks that are presented to me.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Not enough hours
not a great place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 27, 2016
not a good place to work. the managers lack respect for the other staff members, do not know how to run a business. the restaurant is always understaffed.
A great first job to gain experience and work with employees as well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
I liked the working environment and the way they treated me while I was working at McDonald's! Overall, I would give this restaurant a great review and people should apply for this job in order to gain experience in the working industry!
Pros
Free drinks and half price on food
Cons
short hours
Fun working with the staff
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Was my first job and enjoyed learning new things and interacting with customers. Worked for almost a year so gained lots of valuable knowledge!
Very fun staff
McDonalds Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 27, 2016
Staff is very friendly can even say the work environment was family oriented. Intense working conditions, need to make quick decisions and have a back bone against angry customers
Pros
staff is amazing and friendly
Cons
Angry Customers
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gander, NLApril 27, 2016
I really loved working at McDonalds.

The only reason I left was to focus on my school and education at Keyin College.

Management really cared for their employees and tried their hardest to accommodate everybody's needs. Hours were flexible and fit any schedule.

Co-workers were really great to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the rude customers that we dealt with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with friends, and the enjoyable customers.
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 27, 2016
It is fun working at Mcdonald's because mostly young and students are working there. The foods are good and Mcdonald's offers yearly or christmas bonus. Also requires no experience.Though it is a very tough job to do according to the salary. Its hard to manage daily expences with that pay. But it is a good place to start off as people can get good experience to work with customers and get to know new cultures.
Pros
Free party yearly
Cons
Hard work
Fun yet challenging workplace with decent wages
Cashier during rush hour and overnight shifts (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONApril 27, 2016
I took orders and made change for customers as necessary, I would make the hot drinks and set out a tray for the food. When the food was finished cooking i would give it to the customer. I also ran food out to the parking lot, dealt with unhappy customers, and worked multiple overnight shifts.
Pros
Free meal, Nice co-workers
Cons
Overnights
Productive and manageable
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 27, 2016
McDonalds is a great place for students to go to work part time and earn some cash. For full time, it's harder to come by because of all the morning permanent staff and no room for full time in the afternoon. Overall the rest of the time it is an amazing place to work with some great co-workers and managers.