McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,068 reviews matching the search
Very fast past environment
McDonald's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2016
Working at McDonalds is good i like the crew and the job description i am. i enjoy doing it which is front desk, and drive through. A day at McDonalds can go either way you never know what your going into on your way to work its either super busy, or super slow, never in-between. i earned about $11.25/ph and i am 18 i should have gotten a raise by now, i think they forgot. every single person that works there is my boy and the girls being good friends. There was not really any challenging jobs i did other than brewer shift (late night unload the McDonalds food truck.) My favourite part of working for McDonalds is the funny customers that come in with positive attitudes.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Paying for the other 50%
Get along, work hard, great friendships, good s
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 14, 2016
Fast passed environment.
Have knowledge of all their product.
Great working staff.
Management makes sure we follow all their rules and stay on tact with our duties.
Hard to maneuver skids, as this store is smaller than the other restaurants.
Making customers happy by making their favourite meal, while also keeping the place tidy and clean.
Pros
Employee of the month. You get free food and a certificate for a free movie with drink and popcorn.
Fast paced and aggressive work environment .
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at the job involved a lot of hands on work . I usually maintained and cooked the food in the back but if extra help was needed at cash, I would assist. The team work wasn't always completely there and orders always seemed to be really rushed. It was a stressful environment especially as a first job but I did however enjoy the daily objectives, it boosted my knowledge on understanding customer service skills and time management .
Great employer
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work, starts off with reviewing daily labour, and making sure that all of the staff are positioned correctly to ensure quality service with speed. Setting targets and goals for the day/week/month and following up.

Organizing and helping staff get through daily peaks with accuracy and friendliness, while maintaining restaurant cleanliness.

Handling all tills at the end of day and balancing cash.
Pros
free meals, bonus throughout the year, meeting great people.
Fun co-workers to be around!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at McDonald's would be showing up 5 minutes early in uniform ready to work. A typical shift would vary from 4-5 hours and i'd enjoy a 15 minute break about 2 or so hours into it.

Most my managers are great to work with but some have there days. My co-workers are awesome and are almost always in a good cheerful mood!

The hardest part of the job is probably fry shifts and waking up for 5am or 7am opening shifts. The most enjoyable part are probably 8am-11am coffee shifts cause you can go home after and still have your whole day to enjoy!
Pros
50% off whenever
Cons
Not long enough hours
McDonald workplace
Cashier/Customer Service/Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2016
McDonald is a job where people can grow and mature.
I liked working here in my high school years, the frequent customers make it a breeze; also having there right manager and crew can make the shift go by