McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,784 reviews matching the search
Overall good
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
I have been very fortunate to work with this company for 9 years and have gained a lot of skills in a customer service role which I will take with me wherever I may go. The training here at McDonald's have been very valuable. I enjoy getting to working with such a diverse group of people and have built a lot of good relationships with the crew at my store as well as customers. I have completed all of the required McDonald's classes for my current position in the system.
Fast paced, ever changing environment.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
I went from newest crew person in 1997 to managing a restaurant in 2003. The opportunity for advancement is available to everyone. On a daily basis working with 14-75 year old people. Very diverse teams is always a learning opportunity. Staffing over the years has been challenging but also very rewarding. Some managers delegate the hiring, but I enjoyed this too much. Meeting potential hires and seeing potential was enjoyable. I also liked offering positions to students seeking their first job and new immigrants to Canada.
Pros
company car, expenses, health benefits
Cons
staffing, at various times at various locations
Cashier/Drive (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONMay 9, 2016
I loved working here it is a very fun workplace and the hours are very flexible. Working there was great because everyone you worked with was like family, i got to know them all really fast and the co-workers always helped me out when I got lost. The managers are really nice and they treat you with the same respect that they give our boss. For me I think the hardest part of the job was getting used to the knew CYT (Create your taste) kiosk. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like your very important and you were always doing something.
Pros
50% off
Cons
One break on really long shifts
Good place to work while going to school.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABApril 28, 2016
It is a fast paced work place. Managers are kind and flexible with your schedule, and school. You'll always have the opportunity to upgrade your position. A typical day at work is me being a cashier, and helping the customers, or running their food. Some days I am in the back making the food. Management teach me new things every day to help me move up in my position. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the customers when something has gone wrong in a way that won't upset them more. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends at work.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Closes' late
Fun with friends to work with, very hot and greasy in the kitchen
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 24, 2016
Making sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Clean all surfaces as you go. Maintain food quality and safety. Grill burger meat and chicken breasts from frozen. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the high temperatures especially in the summer, as well as the feeling of being greasy. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked beside. Most employees are highschool and college/university age so it's easy to make friends if you are also in that age group.
Pros
Great people, fast paced
Cons
High temperatures, greasy kitchen
Fast paced environment, energetic, hard working.
Service representative (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BCMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me involves communicating with hundreds of customers, making sure they all are satisfied and enjoy themselves for as long as they wish to stay. I have learnt how to deal with different types of patrons in the workplace, I have gained strong communication skills, and how to work as a team, and independently. I get along with all of my co-workers, I enjoy working with all of them.
Pros
Gaining new skills
Cons
Not enough hours
busy fast food environment with lots of duties and responsibilities
Team Leader /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2016
I'd have to say, I learned a lot from McDonalds. I learned how to set time for tasks, and be prepared at all times for the worse.

the people in McDonalds were like a family to me, and I enjoyed having them by my side, the manager was so sad when I left because they know me so well, we had came a long way together.

However, sometimes on busy days I felt a bit bad, because we couldn't rest much, and the work was overwhelming, for me that didn't effect me, but it would defiantly effect older people.
Pros
50% off meals, lots of hours, close to my house
Cons
small work area, stressful on busy days, unhealthy environment
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gander, NLApril 27, 2016
I really loved working at McDonalds.

The only reason I left was to focus on my school and education at Keyin College.

Management really cared for their employees and tried their hardest to accommodate everybody's needs. Hours were flexible and fit any schedule.

Co-workers were really great to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the rude customers that we dealt with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with friends, and the enjoyable customers.
Fun and fast-paced customer service position
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 3, 2016
The job requires a lot of time management and prioritizing in order to maintain customer satisfaction with speed and quality service. The entire staff is great at working as a team to meet goals. The hardest part of this job is balancing the hours with being in school full time. I enjoy the challenge of such a fast paced environment and working with a team.
Pros
Rewards for meeting hourly incentives (ex: free meals)
Cons
Exhausting to balance while in school
A great place for students to get their foot in the door for employment.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Ladner, BCMay 4, 2016
What i learned at McDonald's is basic customer service as well as being in a cashier position, i also got to be trained on all the positions except management. As someone who has been there for five years you learn so much about what it's like reaching targets and goals. The ability to change your schedule and hours to fit your life is also a great benefit. A great place for students to start as a first job, they teach you how to work with money, dealing with customers, working in a team, time management, etc.
Pros
Flexible hours and schedules, Excellent training
Efficient and fast paced environment
KITCHEN WORKER/CLERK (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work usually included preparing meals, cleaning utensils and floors, and interacting with customers. I learned a lot about working in a restaurant including cooking. Additionally I learned how to work as a team and also take on leadership roles. Management seemed to be pretty good but I felt they didn't always give their workers the encouragement they needed. My co-workers were competent and fairly easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced environment but it was something I was able to handle and adapt to. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I was serving customers meals which they enjoyed and were satisfied with.
Fun workplace and amazing staff members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMay 9, 2016
My typical day at Mcdonald's would be serving food, calling customers when their food is ready and making drinks and fries. This is a really good company for experience, because it really challenges your patience with customers. I learned a lot of things while working here, such as, to confirm the customer's orders with them (to make sure that I didn't make any mistakes) and to politely answer all questions, no matter how rude or ignorant it is.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
The customers can be really mean