McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Order Taker (Former Employee), 5453 dundas street westAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good hours
My typical day at work was always very good. I had a lot of fun at work. My co-workers were very nice and friendly. They were the best. I liked working at Mc Donalds.
productive and busy environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), ottawa,onAugust 26, 2015
Working at mcdonalds was always fast pace, moving, and learning environment. Each day working there was always fun and positive. While working there I upsold products, took orders, made food, cleaned and did many other tasks depending on who was working and on how busy the store was.
productive and fun working with co crews
McDonalds Crew (Current Employee), ABAugust 26, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short hours
fun while cooking especially in the grilling station. happy to meet customers in the drive thru and also happy to serve customers in the lobby
Sr. Manager, Project Management Office (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Zero work/life balance. Always under pressure to perform and produce more.
Not a bad place to start your career. You get the opportunity to learn by doing. There are a ton of barriers for advancement. The company is built on the shoulders of young people who're humble and have no career ambitions aside from making it at McDonald's.
Varied form of work
General Crew (Former Employee), Thompson MBAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Employee Awards/Rewards, Fun Staff, Great Owner
Cons: Varied Staff, Some sour employees
Typical day of work consists of basic cleaning around the store and outside on the property if requested by manager. Take cash, orders, and prepare the orders. Worked grill and as front personnel.
Good Place to Work and Friendly Co-Workers
Team Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed seeing people everyday and being able to get outta the house, I enjoyed knowing that I was able to put a smile on someones face by getting the right order. Good customer service skills are integral to the way we do things at McDonald's. A crew member will be expected to provide customers with a quick and accurate service and show sensitivity to their individual needs, both from behind the till as well as in the dining areas. Food Preparation and cooking the wide variety of food we offer involves using a broad range of equipment and tools. They need to produce orders to a consistently high standard and understand that quality control is vital. Cleanliness and Hygiene requires thorough training in order to maintain our high standards. Before they start, they learn to use a variety of cleaning utensils and chemical cleaning products along with the correct protective equipment
fun place to work
Front Line Staff - Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Great place and awesome collegues. Very supportive management. the whole team was full of energy and the shifts were carefully planned. the management took care of the employees and ensured that everyone was motivated, focussed and suitably rewarded
fun work[place
CASHIER (Current Employee), Regina, SKAugust 24, 2015
Pros: free Lunch
Cons: not enough working hours
I wold like to work over there.we all are working as a team. i learn time management,accuracy, customer service.The most enjoyable task is to make happy unsatisfied customer.
Backroom, Grill Master
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
Cooked meat and chicken products,
Trained on breakfast.
Prepared the customers sandwiches as they were ordered.
Trained new staff as they got hired
Fun and Enjoyable
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Staff and hours
Cons: Pay and short staffed
Great place to work very flexible with family and work. Only down fall not enough staff and under paid for the work you do.
Fun Place
1st Assistant salaried Manager (Former Employee), barrieAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Mcdonalds. I was there for a long time but needed to focus on my family and the hours didn't fit my needs. Its a great first job
Working in the ghetto when your not ghetto.
Cashier (Current Employee), Downsview, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Discount Meals, Flexible Schedule and Time and half on holidays
Cons: Having to deal with customers with attitude and rudeness
_ Typical day at work would be clocking in, asking the manager where she needs me, I would either be on till taking orders, or running the orders on the screen. At times if their are to many people in the store working it gets hectic with everyone running around.

The people who go and order are always never listening to their orders which forces to have to put their orders elsewhere, then they come back from wherever they ran off to and require a new batch of their same order so we have to promo it so the kitchen knows. I am also required to check the lobby; clean tables, chairs, remove garbage and check Restrooms. Sweeping and mopping is also required of me.

I do not like talking badly about the management, but to say what I must in a positive manner, their are a few that need some more training in order to run and manage a group of people and how the store runs, some of them are unprofessional, it has to do with their age and maturity to handle stress but also experience wise they are not prepared.

Co-workers I recall someone robbed me on the first day I started they went into my bag and stole money from me. Some of them are full of drama and love to create conflict in the workplace. Things are looking better now a lot of them left the store and things are calmer then when I started.

The hardest part about my job is, dealing with the store being short staffed at times and having to struggle to make sure everyone leaves satisfied

I enjoy working to serve customers and put a smile on their face, I really do appreciate when I can make someone's day brighter.
Happy customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: happy customers very happy and seeing there face time and time again
Cons: some management
you would come in and make sure everything was up and ready to go coffee made fries were stocked for lunch grease turned on , hash browns in the freezer.I learned that make a customer happy is a come back customer,some management were great and other not so,co-worker where great to work with.
I liked McDonald's
cashier (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Nice co-workers, Amazing managers, and a amazing boss.
Cons: no hours
I did like McDonald's, but i didn't like the fact that i got less hours than others, and if i did get hours it would be the weekends. I can't work the weekends because i go to church during the weekends. I did state in my application i couldn't work during the weekends. Overall i didn't have hours at all.
Good working with a good team and the management
Restaurant Service Crew (Former Employee), PhilippinesAugust 18, 2015
It is my first job to work in a fast food chain. I experienced what are the things doing in this kind of business. I have lots of people encounter.
Very fun place to work
Swing Manager (Current Employee), Carleton Place, ONAugust 17, 2015
At Mcdonalds it is very busy, you can learn alot in just 5 mins, The management is great, and so are the co-workers. This job can get very stressful but in the end you feels good about how well you did.
Fun and Demanding Job, Great Atmosphere
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Listowel, ONAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Guarenteed Breaks, Employee Gold Card (50% Off McDonald's Accross Canada), Great People
Cons: Long Hours, Hot Conditions
McDonald's is a great place to work.

While a lot of your job will involve standing around and working for long hours (up to 8), the atmosphere and the overall experience gained makes up for it.

While you will likely initially be earning minimum wage, there is a lot of opportunity for advancement and higher wages for those who put the effort in. You get what you put in with this job.

While there are many challenges associated with this job, such as the long hours and sometimes hot working conditions, the satisfaction at the end of the day makes it all worth it.

The Crew Trainer aspect only raises that satisfaction, as you are responsible for training new staff on a variety of different stations. Knowing that you've made an impact within the business because of your training is a great feeling, and provides a lot of experience for future jobs and positions.

McDonald's is a great place to work for a part time or starting job. I would recommend it to almost anyone.
Productive Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
McDonald's was my very first job. I worked here as well as attending college and found the work and school balance to allow me to accomplish all that I needed to.
Good Work Experience
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), MontrealAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Learning and Fast Paced Environment
Cons: n/a
• Receive food and beverage orders, advised on daily specials, and delivered food and drinks.
• Ensured customer satisfaction by monitoring needs and fulfilling special requests.
• Trained, and supervised crew.
poor work enviornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2015
poor work enviornment with little pay for the job duties required. high stress and fast paced.
good business training and development programs but little to no advancement
Headquarters