McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable, Organized workplace
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount, always on your feet
Cons: customer's always right, minimum wage
Mcdonald's is an efficient establishment, my location was very organized and my responsibilities consisted of arriving on time to keep the lobby, bathrooms and seating area all cleaned and stocked up. In order to maintain a smooth running business you must always take the customers needs into consideration. Also, you must learn to be part of a team – more... and manage your time in order to complete all your tasks.The best parts of the job were that the manager was incredibly down to earth and the other employees always assisted if you needed help while being easy to work with. The most challenging part of the job was constantly satisfying unhappy customers. – less
Great for starting out
Team Leader (Former Employee), Golden, BCSeptember 28, 2014
I belive working here set me up for working. I worked while in highschool and they gave me great hours and money for what I did. I receive a bursary from them when I graduated.
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 28, 2014
I enjoyed working here. However, I am ready to move on and find myself a secure full time job.
good place to work at
Cashier, Processed (Current Employee), 2115 kipling aveSeptember 27, 2014
lots of employee benefits
fast-paced environment
working with many different people of different views and opinions
flexible hours
Flexible hours, accredited training, fantastic career prospects
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 27, 2014
1. Fast paced service, Maintain quality of the food and customer service.
2. I have learned how to work in a team. How to handle the customers and how to give very good customer service and maintain the quality, How to cash handle, How to use the EPOS and how to become a team leader.
3. The management was very much supportive to the staff and taught – more... me how to give exceptional customer service,how to to cut down the food waste, how to cut down the labor cost. I learnt all and became a assistant manager of the store i used to work for.
4. The Co-workers were very helpful and we used to help each other out with swap shift if there was any problem raised.
5. The store was a 24 hours store and it was very hard to work on overnight shifts.
6.Learning new things in a friendly environment was the best part of the job. – less
Welcoming workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: employee discount. flexible schedules
Cons: few hours during hiring
Working at McDonald's was a very enjoyable job, about which I had few complaints. If you were on time, stuck to the target at hand and gave it your all you flew through your shifts, well I felt that I did. What I learnt is that working in a fast pa ed environment is my kind of thing. I love the adrenaline you get from being totally lined up but it's – more... a great feeling when you know that people are there for something that you've made or are giving away. Another thing I've learnt is that people\customers love it when you know what you're talking about. Knowledge is key. The hardest part of the job had to have been the stress of when a customer complains, but not in a fashionable manner a horrible toddler fit manner. Trying to remain calm is key too. What I enjoyed most about the job was working hard and being recognized. I loved and looked forward to going into work! – less
Great First Job
Manager (Current Employee), Pierrefonds, QCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: short breaks
Working here was great as a first real job experience, i made my way up in the years i have been there and really enjoyed the people i worked with. The hardest part of the job would have to be running around all day with minimal breaks. By the end you are extremely tired.
Very friendly people to work among
Crew Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: double shifts
It was a very productive place to work I've learned a lot of skills while working at McDonald's its a up tempo and fun place to work
Productive and fun while working
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 23, 2014
my typical day is Monday it's very slow starting.
i have learn how to handling cash. quick and easy way to working,etc
co-worker are always helps to-teach new task coming up.when is not bust i find out it is very hardest part.
the most enjoyable part is serving customer
great to work with your hours . great chance of advancements
Swing Manager/ Cashier/ Drive Thru (Former Employee), calgary, OntarioSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: flexibility, advancement .learning
Cons: management can be overwhelming
always was able to work with my hours, with my children.
I advanced quickly. They put you threw courses, and lots of learning. So many classes available for great chances of advancing .
Fun atmosphere to work in
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: nice employes
Cons: burns are made during process of burger making
Learned to work with all aged group, and made a big improvement on my english. Employees are fun to work with, and the managers are all so sweet and helpful.
fun place to work
cook (Former Employee), surreySeptember 22, 2014
i would recommend working at MacDonalds as your first job the training is great the people are great
Great 1st job to learn skills to further future career.
Inventory Personnel and Cook (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on meals
Cons: long hours, minimal wages
- Usually 8 hrs shift. Standing up.

- Work on many different stations.

- Learn concept of teamwork and need for safety rules and Regulations

- Learn concept of multitasking on jobs.
Crew Trainer
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Demonstrated excellent customer service by greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner. Trained new employees and encouraged them to be motivated team members. Maintained a clean and organized work environment in order to adhere to food and safety guidelines.
Productive, Benifits, hours
Kitchen, Cash, Drive Thru (Former Employee), Cote St LucSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: because of the pace of work would miss out on alot of breaks and not enough workers per shift.
One of the best things about working at McDonalds is they have flexible hours and are willing to work around your schedule. Working here also made me work at a fast pace and there was always opportunity for growth, and advancement. And lots of extra hours if needed.

Sometimes you have to deal with rude customers and there's not much you can do about – more... it, but still be polite and smile throughout it all. In order to provide good customer service.

What I've learned from working at McDonalds is how to work as a team to it's full potential and the different ways of communication with others. – less
mcdonalds job
cleaner (Former Employee), fredricton, nbSeptember 16, 2014
Cons: bad management
the pay was good, the job was simple, the management was not! I was loving my job at first and then the manager seemed to have no manners. the reason I left my job other then for school was the fact that the manager would curse and me every time id set my own schedule and didn't follow hers.
Welcoming fast food restaurant, with some exceptions
Crew member (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers, 50% discount(blessing and a curse)
Cons: early mornings
McDonald's was a very enjoyable place to work. The only time I wouldn't really look forward to going into work was if I were working a shift until 12 on a Sunday and having to wake up early the next morning for school. My co-workers were helpful and understanding, with a few exceptions, like every workplace I'm sure. The hardest part of the job would – more... be when a rush of customers came with low amount of staff working. – less
Mcdonald's Review
Crew Member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: quick pace
Cons: not enough consistency with shift times
I liked working here because of the team atmosphere and the fast pace. It was an overall good work experience.
It's a very good job .
GĂ©rante de plancher (Former Employee), Montreal ,QcSeptember 16, 2014
When you are young it a good job , when ou work at mcdonald's there a lots of door that open for you . You gain some experience , a gteam spirit .If you want you can get promote fast when you put your energie . The raise is every 6 months , you get a evaluation that can help you to be better if you want to archive in the compagny .
McDonald's teaches employees important skills needed for the future!
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good team, recognition for hard work, free food/discounted food, fun managers, strong skills learned
Cons: tiring, long hours, rude customers (sometimes)
Though working at McDonald's may not seem like the most enjoyable job in the world, I am grateful for my time at McDonald's and all of the people I was able to work with. As one of my first real, part-time jobs, I grew as an employee and an overall individual. My managers always pushed me to improve and showed me what I was capable of in the workplace. – more... A typical day at work at McDonald's includes serving customers, ensuring stock levels are complete, stations are regularly cleaned, ensuring customers are happy with our service, and working as a team to get everything done.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my co-workers and getting to know the customers. I made many relationships with my co-workers and always enjoyed working with them! They made working at McDonald's fun. We all became a family and team, working together to make sure that our restaurant succeeded. The hardest part would be when it would be very busy and we were understaffed or had new people on the floor. Other than that, I would say working at McDonald's is a very good experience for everyone. It teaches you how to work with other people, how to provide excellent customer service, and how to multitask well.

The managers always knew how to handle the things that employees may not be completely sure of. As for my managers, I always enjoyed having them there. They were all hardworking, fun, fair, and caring. The employees were always taken care of by all of the managers at the store.

I learned many transferable skills such as how to provide excellent customer service, to be a strong leader, how to manage any problems, how to run a business, and how to work with co-workers of varying skills. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more