McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,961 reviews matching the search
Good start off & part-time job
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
Very flexible hours. Will meet some good and bad people. Although it is a fun place to work, management could use improvement. You will also learn and experience a lot.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Rude customers
Good Company
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 27, 2016
Great company still employed looking for new employment,just looking for a change in my career currently open for anything
Pros
People, Pay
Cons
Hours
Busy environment but fun and nice people
Crew member/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 26, 2016
Typical day you would have to deal with many various customers and experiences. Wether you are working at a night shift or early morning, you must be able to have social skills and patience when dealing with customers. I learned that the customers are always right, even if they may not be. I find being a multi-tasker is really important because you will be told to handle many different tasks at once and along with that comes pressure, which you should be able to prioritize and manage in order to successfully be a crew member. The fun part is the people you work with. My favorite shifts would be late night because there is less stress, not that busy occasionally and therefore you can meet the people you work with and get to know them. Overall, it was a good experience for a first job, i have learned a lot about how to deal with people on various situations and I believe it will help in the long run!
Pros
customer service experience, meet new people
Cons
busy stressful environment, long hours, sometimes I would get called in unexpectedly
Great people to work with, very good company to be employed by.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 26, 2016
I worked for Mcdonalds for just about 2 years and by far my coworkers were amazing people to be working with, the management staff were as well great to work with.
Good Starter Job
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 26, 2016
McDonald's is a great first job because it really teaches discipline and many other skills that will benefit their employee with jobs in the future.McDonald's also encourages growth within the company and are always looking for ways to help you improve and train you to promote you. A typical day at work at McDonald's is extremely exhausting and strenuous, the store is basically always going to be busy as its a very popular food chain and it is VERY fast-paced.In my experience there is almost no work/life balance as I would find myself scheduled up to 9 days in a row and still getting called on my days off to come in and work.Almost all customers are extremely rude and disrespectful, and will talk down to you almost every chance they get.The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant disrespect and keeping up with the pace but once you get the hang of things it's fine. McDonald's is somewhere you want to work if you want a lot of hours and to be hired with ease.
Pros
free meal coupons, employee of the month, employee appreciation, benefits, growth in the company is easy
Cons
very demanding job, very busy, disgusting customer base
Fast paced
Instructor Leader (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QCJune 25, 2016
99.9% the store was completely busy. Working at McDonalds was one of the toughest jobs I had, which made me into the hard worker I am today.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good place t