McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
food counter attendant (Former Employee), westgateJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no hours
i had fun working there but they give low hours and they pay really low
Quality
Crew trainer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: minimum wage
Quality was just as important and quantity. During my two years of working as an Mcdonalds employee I learnt the importance of cleanliness and to always keep the customer satisfied.
a fun place to work with lots of room to grow
Kitchen crew (Former Employee), Shediac, NBJuly 17, 2014
Pros: incentives for a good job
Cons: worked long hrs with no breaks durring busy times
Well a typical day at work at mcdonalds consist of a fast pased inviroment prepairing burgers for customers,when we got new burgers we had to learn how to make them the right way.
Loved working in a team inviroment everyone worked well together and help eachother out when needed.
The hardest part of this job was trying to rember all the products that – more... had to be made correctly.
The most enjoyble part of my job here was interacting with the other staff and the customers and trying to help out a customer with a complant and make them leave happy. – less
My experience at McDonald's
Team Member (Current Employee), London, OnJuly 16, 2014
Pros: learned new skills
Cons: not enjoyable to work there.
Enjoy working at McDonald's, but over the last year I'v been there, the store has changed and have not been enjoying it as I used to.
I want to start a new job and get more experience out of a new job.
A great place to work!
Team Leader (Current Employee), Mount Pearl, NLJuly 16, 2014
I believe McDonald's is a great place to work. I get along great with all my co-workers, and I always feel well respected.
Good experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: some people you work with
Cons: angry customers
There are so many tasks that have to be completed when doing this job. Whether it be multi tasking or qudra tasking. It can get very stressful but I have been doing it for four and a half years now. I have learned a lot about customer service, quality, food management, safety, cleanliness, managing, money management, time management and more! The hardest – more... part about the job have got to be the angry customers or the mean customers, but the nice customers sure do make up for it! My favorite part is the magic moments created when there is a regular customer and you are a name to name basis with them, it makes it feel more real. – less
Learn a lot and good flexible scheduling
Team Leader/Opening Manager (Current Employee), Penticton, BCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: little pay
A typical day at work is taking charge to make sure everything runs smoothly and to make sure that customers are satisfied. I learned all the basics while working there for 5 years. From how to make coffee and take orders, to solving problems and trying to run a restaurant. At the end of the day it's not where you work, its who you work with that will – more... make or break your day. I do my best to be a team player and get along with everyone and I have made a lot of friends working there. The hardest part of the job is when you cannot solve a problem during busy peak hours and the most enjoyable part of this job is compliments from customers. – less
we have good products ...and hospitality training
Team trainer in customer service (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: lunches are half price
Cons: need more hours
typical day at work is all about preparations for next day r following staff.....i learned to find solutions for difficult situations.
my co-workers are very hard working and goes above and beyond to please customers ...hardest part of job is late night shifts 10pm-6 am ..most enjoyable part of job is reaching our targets
Productive and fun place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: standing long hours
The place keeps your mind and body upbeat at all times. You get to learn different procedures from making McDonald's sandwiches to obtaining management skills such as leading the team through a peak periods.

You'll get to meet people from different background and culture. Fun to have culture exchange!
it was very excellent.
Dishwasher duty (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great managers, employees, supervisors.
I learned to work in a fast paced environment, while remaining calm at all times. I understood that cleanliness is essential, and to do what I can so the day runs smoothly.
Energetic job, great people
Crew Member (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great staff, easy job, hours fly by
Cons: poor management
McDonald's was a fast paced job, which I enjoy. Hours were supposed to be very flexible which was actually my only problem, since the store I worked for did not once try and help me work around school. The training was very well done and after 2 training days, I was ready to go and fully do the job.
Fun Dynamic Workplace
Art Discovery Day, Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2014
Assisting the kids with their art project's, preparing and cleaning the materials that need to be used.
It was fun workplace but so tiring at the same time.
Crew (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Pros: enough break time
Cons: long hours at school days
It was fun working at McDonald's but it is so tiring at the same time. I learned a lot like from there. For example I become more outgoing, I learned taking orders, and especially I learned the most in the kitchen. Cooking, making burgers, and cleaning after.
Great first job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Quesnel, BCJuly 11, 2014
Receive order, clean , and deal with customers.

I learned how to manage problem customers and good cleanliness.

the most enjoyable part of this job was the friendly managers and owners i worked with.
Mediocre workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJuly 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off all mcdonalds in canada
Cons: not enough hours
As a crew trainer I can work all 3 positions on the floor: window, kitchen, and drive thru. So depending on what station im at my day varies. Typically i would be taking orders or running on drive thru or i would be preparing orders in the kitchen. I loved my co-wokers, because i had been there for all of high school i was really good friends with everyone. – more... The job really wasn't that hard but i had worked there for more than 3 years so i might have just been used to it. I really enjoyed being around people all the time when I'm at work, it made me feel like i was a part of a team. – less
Fast pace, fun, team work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: very fast pace
Working at McDonald's will enlist you with the ability to work in a fast pace environment, you are constantly on your feet, meeting and serving customers will the best service.
You will learn how to work with other employees and deal with different levels of stress from the good quality food requirements and time limits that need to be met.
Great way – more... of learning to adapt and working on many skills that can be used elsewhere. – less
excellent place to work for
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBJuly 10, 2014
I learned everything from grill person to Management within the 5 years I was there. Best place for young people to start their first job.
Fun and Exciting place to work
Service Crew / Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: not enough people
Everyday at McDonald's seems to be a new day for me. McDonald's has mold me to become more of a Leader than a worker. Everything in McDonald's seems to be fun, having a lot of good and energetic co-workers and I can't say anything negative about it.
fun at work
Kitchen/Crew trainer/Maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 50 percent discount for food
Cons: super busy
It was great to work at McDonald's for early ages. It helps you to be responsible and really have a working experience as well
Great starting position for first-time Job Seekers
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Québec City, QCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: too many "new" employees, can never really keep a steady workflow.
Evening to Over-Night shift.
I would arrive 30mins before my shift began to make sure the duties of the current shift were completed before they were dismissed because this would mean all their duties would spill onto me and increase my workload.
Most nights I ran the kitchen alone, very difficult on holiday nights and friday nights where tons of orders – more... come in and I am the only one there to knock them out one by one, most nights there are generous and kind Managers that come in and help with the Kitchen orders to take half the load off me.
During the slow periods I'm usually cleaning the Kitchen or knocking out the daily to-do list.
The last thing I usually do is wash all the trays and equipment used for the night in order to clean and ensure the Kitchen is ready for the overnight staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely the people, the people working upfront and the managers, all very friendly and great company on quiet lonely nights and the very busy ones. probably the only thing that kept me working there for a year. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million – Read more