McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,956 reviews matching the search
Fast paced
Instructor Leader (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QCJune 25, 2016
99.9% the store was completely busy. Working at McDonalds was one of the toughest jobs I had, which made me into the hard worker I am today.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Good place to work if you are a student.
Guest experience leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 24, 2016
due to the flexible hours if you are a student it is great because they only book you for times and hours you are comfortable with. When you work full time though there is very little advancement, I've worked there 2 years full time and have never been promoted.
Pros
some nice co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
breaks not paid, overworked, crowded work areas
Very easy workplace but lots of manual labor
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Very easy workplace where you have to put in the work to move up. A lot of mediocre Management in place, due to lack of requirements or certificates to management levels. If you put in enough work ethic and your management really likes you, you will move up easy.
Pros
easy work, fast paced
Cons
Mediocre Management, Low salary, not enough Benefits
It was a good job
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2016
It was a good first job, learned a lot, never the same things happening, people I worked with were cool, I was good at what I did.
Okay
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
It's a fast pace job which I love
Great place to meet new people
Learned how to be more efficient and think 5-10mins ahead of everyone else
Average
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Always learning something new. Fun people to work with, without them, this job would have been terrible. Management was nice and understanding, they would take the time out to help me learn something new. I learned a lot of customer service skills, including how to deal with an irate customer and how to service people with excellence. The hardest part of the job was having a really long line and a complaining customer that you don't have time for but have to deal with the situation before you can move on to helping the others.
Pros
Discounted meals and flexible hours
Cons
Gross environment, wreaked and was extremely hot.
FAst paced and Hard working environment.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2016
On a typical day i would work as a cashier on drive thru or window and take orders. Pack food to be handed out and also clean utensils, lobby and etc.Gave me good experience in communication, being able to upsell more and experience as a cashier.
Hard worker
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Working at McDonalds was one of the toughest jobs I had, which made me into the hard worker I am today. Even though I struggled at first since it was such a busy environment, I turned into one of the best employees they had. Rewarded me best drive-thru crew and employee of the month.