McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,633 reviews matching the search
Flexible and a good training ground
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2016
Mcdonald's is perfect for students. If you want a job who will cater best to your busy student life, then McDonald's is the one for you.
Coworkers are so friendly. You get a mix of customers, some are nice, some are mean. That's normal for a customer service focused job.
All in all, I enjoyed working at Mcdonald's and have learned a lot that I can use in the future- organization, patience, time management, honest, etc.
Cons
minimum wage; grease; stinky uniform
fun workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONApril 10, 2016
A Typical day at work was order taking, taking out orders, delivering great customer service, and interaction with customers. While working here I've learned how to work with a team. In addition, customer satisfaction and basic ethics have become of importance. Management was reasonable and reliable, followed by upbeat and hard working co workers. The hardest part was working quickly and attempting to aid highly unsatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with a hardworking and team and being able to experience connection formed with regular customers.
Productive workplace with energetic coworkers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford OntarioApril 11, 2016
Enjoy working with the current employees at my location. Typical day includes constant stocking products or completing orders taken. I've learned that not everyone will perform up to standards and will have to take responsibility and complete their tasks. Most difficult is working with coworkers who do not do a thing, the job becomes much more difficult. The easiest part is working with people who understand what to do throughout the day and who are knowledgeable.
Pros
Discounted meals. Flexibility
Very nice people and clean atmosphere.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 6, 2016
My day to day job at McDonalds.
I would start by obviously punching in, making sure my area is stocked so I don't have to run around when it gets busy. Depending if I'm the cashier or the runner I would bag the food or either take the orders and make the coffee. The hardest part is to bag the meals because you need to ensure that everyone gets exactly what they ask for, while doing so you need to make sure you are doing it as fast as possible so nobody has to wait long.
Pros
half off food.
Cons
customers think you are not intelligent because you work at mcdonalds
Fun workplace but managers had different opinions
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 23, 2016
Each day was different. The managers had very different opinions. Some managers just did not care and said I did a good job, but others would look and see I may have missed some things and I would get in trouble. It was very confusing. I learned that you need to be working quick and get the job done. My co-workers were very kind and some were lazy which made my job harder for picking up their slack. The hardest part of the job was when it got super busy and I had to try to keep up with the pace, making all the food on time. The best part in my opinion was when it was not busy at all, so I could get all of my stuff done.
Pros
50 percent off lunches
Cons
Not enough hours for me
fun workplace and competent employees
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 18, 2016
I am with a very supportive management and energetic staff working in Mcdonalds. I was transferred in my current location when it was still new and the business was still slow. But now, it seems like everyone wants to eat and go to the drive thru. the hardest part is when I have to deal with missed shifts where my crew cant work under my shift but still I gave my 100% and tell my crew that we can still be on top. The most fun part of my job is knowing that at the end of the day I know that I served my customers with quality fast and accurate service and at the same time,having fun working with my employees.
Good place to work while going to school.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABApril 28, 2016
It is a fast paced work place. Managers are kind and flexible with your schedule, and school. You'll always have the opportunity to upgrade your position. A typical day at work is me being a cashier, and helping the customers, or running their food. Some days I am in the back making the food. Management teach me new things every day to help me move up in my position. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the customers when something has gone wrong in a way that won't upset them more. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends at work.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Closes' late
McDonalds
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 8, 2016
McDonald's was probably not the best job I had but I loved how much I learned from that job. I now can work in high stress, and high paced environments. Cleaning was a huge part of my job too everything had to be spotless. My co-workers were pretty much al people I went to high school with so we are all pretty good friends and had lots of fun at work. I enjoyed my time there. What I learned from there is now very valuable to me in my life and I can go anywhere with the skills I learnt from them
Pros
Making friends and having fun
Cons
not enough money
Non stressful environment and flexible work hours
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 10, 2016
Arrive and start helping co-workers manage something until given a certain task. I would help batch cook, clean the kitchen, etc.. until I was told to do specifically do something. I learnt to manage my time and try to never arrive late, and how to deal with a bad day at work. The co-workers were helpful and nice people. If I ever needed help to do something, learning to batch cook, someone would always help me. The worst part of the job, was what wasn't involved with people, throwing out the garbage, because I was the only one doing it.
The best part of the job was batch cooking, because I got to be a part of the team that helped deliver the food and people would talk to me.
Productive and Fun workplace with a wecoming atmosphere
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONApril 12, 2016
A typical day working at McDonalds' is very busy but manageable. I have learned plenty of customer service skills that will be essential to me in life. Co-workers and Management are very friendly and welcoming and has great communication and teamwork. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is done correctly during the rushes & the most enjoyable part of the job is keeping people satisfied while having a good day at work.
Friendly and beneficial place to work
Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONApril 13, 2016
Working at McDonald's has given me a new appreciation for those working the public sector. A a lot of my co-workers work here part time, like myself, and have to balance work, school, and life at the same time. The environment is very fast paced and productive, but there are also many initiatives taken by management to help you continue doing this work. The hardest part of the job is the early hours, and the extra hours that you pick you pick up sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work together as a team to attempt to provide the best customer service possible.
Summary of previous work at McDonalds
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONApril 15, 2016
Easy to adapt in a fast paced and friendly environment. Managers and other authority figures were respectful and passionate about their job thus resulting in positive energy throughout all employees. The most difficult aspect of my job was having to take orders as well as clean customer spills at the same time if need be though I got the job done with hastily. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with different faces everyday.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
Rude Customers
A lot of favoritism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
The managers were not all that friendly, the staff was predominantly Asian and showed favoritism towards the Asian employees as well as employees of other races who attempt to assimilate the Asian language culture and behavior, they once insinuated an employee had mental issues when a customer got mad at him, instead of standing up for him because it was the customer in fact doing the wrong thing.
Pros
you meet some nice people
Cons
Managers show favortism
Not the most enjoyable workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  2480 Gerrard St E, Scarborough, ON M1N 4C3April 19, 2016
McDonald's was quite an experience. A typical day at work would be taking customer orders and dealing with large crowds of people. I worked in the front and learnt to increase my patience in all parts of the day. The management wasn't the best, but I learnt to cope with them by just doing what I was told. The hardest part was to always keep the restaurant clean, because of all the customers. One thing I definitely enjoyed was a 50% employee discount.