McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,181 reviews matching the search
Challenging job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2016
It's busy at lunchtime. My co-workers are nice and helpful. I learned the importance of dealing with customers and different types of people. Good management. The hardest part of the job is when it is very busy and I'm the only one working in the kitchen making sandwiches/burgers and batch cooking due to lack of crews. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I make the customers smile and laugh. It feels so good to make someone happy even when you are tired and stressed.
Pros
50% crew meal
Cons
dealing with grumpy customers
It was a fun Workplace Environment
Crew Member/Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2016
It was a very nice environment to work in taking orders, packing them and stocking condiments. Cleaning where necessary. Management was pretty helpful when needed be. It was a great to make friends easily while working with the crew members. There was the rush hour where it would get kind of difficult but we would eventually reach our sales goals by working hard.The most that the enjoyed about the job was meeting new people everyday and conversing with them.
Pros
Great Coworkers and flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun, and friendly, fast-pace, working environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of all crew members constantly communicating to ensure maximum productivity. I learned to multi-task and remain occupied with work at all times. At McDonalds, the crew which I worked among was very friendly and collaborative. The hardest part of the job was working short of crew members. Most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with co-workers, as the crew consists of kind, young and older people, with lots of knowledge and stories to share.
Pros
Discounted food prices
Cons
Hard labour occasonially
Enjoyable work experience, however, not very rewarding.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
Amazing place to work for students for who need a part-time income. Opportunities for advancement are apparent, however, management positions are not very rewarding. More responsibilities are placed on managers without a genuine pay increase. Other than that, the work environment is enjoyable and the shifts are very flexible. Would definitely recommend a position at McDonald's if your lacking work experience or have a busy schedule.
Pros
Flexible shifts, friendly staff, opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Minimum wage, irritating customers, lack of hours.