McDonald's Employee Review

It's not for everyone!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA23 September 2012
You count your register, you take customers orders, and you serve. I've learned that many people who work here are undermined to believe there's only one job for them and won't get any better. I've learned how to pick my idea and not fall. Also, I've learned that by you serving there isn't always the objective for someone else. Management is okay, but they are very expectant of others. Your co-workers aren't very friendly, they are seriously on some meth and expectant of others to follow them. The hardest part of the job is rushing things to get done and dealing with strange people you don't know and having to hear from the company that your behavior is low. The most enjoyable part of the job is free lunch when someone who took and order made the mistake.
Pros
a mistake free food!
Cons
the untrusted company

Other McDonald's Employee Reviews

Easy beginning job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2018
Being at McDonalds for a year has taught me to break out of my shy "shell" by teaching me to be more comfortable talking to customers and fellow co-workers. It was a great place to start an early work career or even get the feel of being in the work force.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay
good first job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2018
it is a good first job since you can improve your communication skills right away, easy money but you really need to work hard for it, great diverse culture of people working here
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
stressful most of the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.6K