McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,955 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced, Fast Shifts, High Pressure
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
At McDonalds, every day was a new rush of urgent service and face-paced duties. Customers were always served promptly and respectfully, and employees tried their best to keep up with demand. Coworkers were extremely friendly, though management was intimidating and often insensitive. The job definitely asks for personal sacrifices in time, energy and patience.. but is rewarding in the end. The worst part of the job is the application process and daytime management, while the most enjoyable part of the job is how rewarding the work feels at the end of the day.
Pros
Free lunches on overnight, long shifts feel short.
Cons
Advice is difficult and often mistaken, No tips
Fun and very fast paced workplace
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work is usually busy because it would be me and one worker who prepared most of the orders. I learned to work with other people and become a team leader. I was given the responsibility to train and teach new workers who joined our team. The management was very good and the best part was they were peers which allowed me to connect with them. The hardest part of the job was the hours because it interfered with my work life and social life. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made and the skill to perform at an extremely fast paced environment.
Pros
Made many friends
Cons
Graveyard Shifts
It is a fun place to work, for a first job, but other than that, I say no.
Provide Courteous Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shepard, ABJune 1, 2016
Not somewhere I'd work now unless in a management position. Which is what I made the mistake of doing previously. co- workers didn't like it so much, because for the amount of work they where doing and the little pay they received they were not happy. The management could use some work. You would think just because an individual was there for a long time they would be fit to lead. I assure you that is completely wrong. Mcdonalds should establish some sort of leadership training program to help there leaders grow not only the business but also the employees as well.
Pros
Nice people all around
Cons
Didn't suite me
Fast paced, ever changing environment.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
I went from newest crew person in 1997 to managing a restaurant in 2003. The opportunity for advancement is available to everyone. On a daily basis working with 14-75 year old people. Very diverse teams is always a learning opportunity. Staffing over the years has been challenging but also very rewarding. Some managers delegate the hiring, but I enjoyed this too much. Meeting potential hires and seeing potential was enjoyable. I also liked offering positions to students seeking their first job and new immigrants to Canada.
Pros
company car, expenses, health benefits
Cons
staffing, at various times at various locations
Always changing, fast-paced environment
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 1, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working at McDonald's. Working with a team of people, in such a high energy work place, was thrilling as well as challenging. McDonald's management has such a tried and true training system in place that when a new situation arose, I always felt prepared and supported. Because of my experience with McDonald's, I was able to work at the Vancouver Olympics and make many lasting memories, and for that I am quite thankful. The most difficult aspect of the job, and my personal reason for leaving, regarded the salary.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Low pay
Fun with friends to work with, very hot and greasy in the kitchen
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 24, 2016
Making sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Clean all surfaces as you go. Maintain food quality and safety. Grill burger meat and chicken breasts from frozen. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the high temperatures especially in the summer, as well as the feeling of being greasy. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked beside. Most employees are highschool and college/university age so it's easy to make friends if you are also in that age group.
Pros
Great people, fast paced
Cons
High temperatures, greasy kitchen