McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: cheap food, work-life balance, diversity
Cons: unappreciated crews, poor management
Fun place to work at but does not give employee any opportunities to grow and learn new things.
I learned how to deal with customers and built a strong network
Hardest part of the job is when customers makes a big deal out of everything
Work Hard No Appreciation
Customer Service (p/t) (Current Employee), Vancouver BCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: work experience
Cons: constant days with staff shortage that lead to annoyed customers
Constantly cleaning when the restaurant is not busy. Taking orders and receiving payments. Quickly preparing drinks, fries and deserts while sandwiches are being made.

I have learned how to proficiently multi-task and how to deal with angry customers.

Unreliable and disrespectful management never willing to help, always putting people down and yelling at workers for situations that are uncontrollable.

Co-workers are great treat each other with respect always looking out for each other and always there to help

Constant staff shortage is the the hardest part of job.

Making new friends and building customer relationships is the most enjoyable part of job.
Productive and Goal orientated workplace
Cash register and customer service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2015
Pros: half off, discounts
Cons: Management lacks consistency
Working at McDonalds really shaped the way I saw the fast food industry in the sense that it allowed me to appreciate the way in which anyone working there had the oppurtunity to advance and become more efficient in the work given, in a fast paced productive manner.
Large work envrionment, Very fast paced and busy
Lobby, Back, Front (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Half off food, Friendly co-workers
Cons: Tedious, Violent Managers
Typical day involved cleaning the whole lobby area so the customers have a clean area to eat, sweping the washrooms, taking orders and preparing the drinks and baked goods for the customers. The management was friendly for the most parts except for a few unruley or dim witted managers. Co-Workers were friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job was having to clean all the washrooms and deal with he vile odours. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make friends with my fellow co workers.
A good job If you're a busy person who wants flexible hours
Crew, Cross trained in bk Dt and window (Current Employee), irq, Cross and wall mart locations in oakvilleAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly co workers
Cons: slopy management due to over employment
The management is a hit and a miss depending on the day, person you talk to and what is happening around you. Because there's always hundreds of other co workers you're not going to get super intimate with any of the head managers until you've worked there for a few years. Depending on the store most of your co workers are pleasant. Swing managers can either be the best people in the world to work with or the worst depending on how good they are at their job.
Fun place to work..
Service Crew (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2015
Good people to work with. Great team! Great company! It is a busy place and I enjoy working and love being part of the team!
Fun job!
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free ice cream on a good day, and 50% off on everything everyday!
Cons: Low pay
It was my very first job and I loved it. I was happy there, I loved what I did and my management team was great. I was able to develop my communication skills by learning how to serve people and deal with various customers. Some were nice, some were in a hurry, some were rude and other just didn't know how to communicate with other human beings. Although sometimes the job was really challenging, it taught me a lot of things that I still use today. It was one of my best experiences and it certainly opened up some doors for me. Some might think that the job is demeaning and very low profile but I found out that it's all about how you conduct yourself in your work and the people you work with.
Fast-paced working environment with good opportunities for advancement
Supervisor (Current Employee), Gatineau, QCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced work
Cons: Unreliable co workers
McDonald's is a mixed bag overall. On one hand, the work is fast-paced and employs a variety of different skills which allows me to develop as a competent worker. There are also different avenues for growth within the company. On the other hand, working alongside young unreliable teenagers can be frustrating when teamwork is such an important factor of the restaurant's smooth operations. There also isn't a sense of individualism which can be frustrating at times. Overall, it's a good starter job that has given me lots of experience needed in order to move up in the job world.
productive
Order Taker (Former Employee), 5453 dundas street westAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good hours
My typical day at work was always very good. I had a lot of fun at work. My co-workers were very nice and friendly. They were the best. I liked working at Mc Donalds.
productive and busy environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), ottawa,onAugust 26, 2015
Working at mcdonalds was always fast pace, moving, and learning environment. Each day working there was always fun and positive. While working there I upsold products, took orders, made food, cleaned and did many other tasks depending on who was working and on how busy the store was.
productive and fun working with co crews
McDonalds Crew (Current Employee), ABAugust 26, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short hours
fun while cooking especially in the grilling station. happy to meet customers in the drive thru and also happy to serve customers in the lobby
Sr. Manager, Project Management Office (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Zero work/life balance. Always under pressure to perform and produce more.
Not a bad place to start your career. You get the opportunity to learn by doing. There are a ton of barriers for advancement. The company is built on the shoulders of young people who're humble and have no career ambitions aside from making it at McDonald's.
Varied form of work
General Crew (Former Employee), Thompson MBAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Employee Awards/Rewards, Fun Staff, Great Owner
Cons: Varied Staff, Some sour employees
Typical day of work consists of basic cleaning around the store and outside on the property if requested by manager. Take cash, orders, and prepare the orders. Worked grill and as front personnel.
Good Place to Work and Friendly Co-Workers
Team Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed seeing people everyday and being able to get outta the house, I enjoyed knowing that I was able to put a smile on someones face by getting the right order. Good customer service skills are integral to the way we do things at McDonald's. A crew member will be expected to provide customers with a quick and accurate service and show sensitivity to their individual needs, both from behind the till as well as in the dining areas. Food Preparation and cooking the wide variety of food we offer involves using a broad range of equipment and tools. They need to produce orders to a consistently high standard and understand that quality control is vital. Cleanliness and Hygiene requires thorough training in order to maintain our high standards. Before they start, they learn to use a variety of cleaning utensils and chemical cleaning products along with the correct protective equipment
fun place to work
Front Line Staff - Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Great place and awesome collegues. Very supportive management. the whole team was full of energy and the shifts were carefully planned. the management took care of the employees and ensured that everyone was motivated, focussed and suitably rewarded
fun work[place
CASHIER (Current Employee), Regina, SKAugust 24, 2015
Pros: free Lunch
Cons: not enough working hours
I wold like to work over there.we all are working as a team. i learn time management,accuracy, customer service.The most enjoyable task is to make happy unsatisfied customer.
Backroom, Grill Master
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
Cooked meat and chicken products,
Trained on breakfast.
Prepared the customers sandwiches as they were ordered.
Trained new staff as they got hired
Fun and Enjoyable
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Staff and hours
Cons: Pay and short staffed
Great place to work very flexible with family and work. Only down fall not enough staff and under paid for the work you do.
Fun Place
1st Assistant salaried Manager (Former Employee), barrieAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Mcdonalds. I was there for a long time but needed to focus on my family and the hours didn't fit my needs. Its a great first job
Working in the ghetto when your not ghetto.
Cashier (Current Employee), Downsview, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Discount Meals, Flexible Schedule and Time and half on holidays
Cons: Having to deal with customers with attitude and rudeness
_ Typical day at work would be clocking in, asking the manager where she needs me, I would either be on till taking orders, or running the orders on the screen. At times if their are to many people in the store working it gets hectic with everyone running around.

The people who go and order are always never listening to their orders which forces to have to put their orders elsewhere, then they come back from wherever they ran off to and require a new batch of their same order so we have to promo it so the kitchen knows. I am also required to check the lobby; clean tables, chairs, remove garbage – more... and check Restrooms. Sweeping and mopping is also required of me.

I do not like talking badly about the management, but to say what I must in a positive manner, their are a few that need some more training in order to run and manage a group of people and how the store runs, some of them are unprofessional, it has to do with their age and maturity to handle stress but also experience wise they are not prepared.

Co-workers I recall someone robbed me on the first day I started they went into my bag and stole money from me. Some of them are full of drama and love to create conflict in the workplace. Things are looking better now a lot of them left the store and things are calmer then when I started.

The hardest part about my job is, dealing with the store being short staffed at times and having to struggle to make sure everyone leaves satisfied

I enjoy working to serve customers and put a smile on their face, I really do appreciate when I can make someone's day brighter. – less
Headquarters