McDonald's

McDonald's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced restaurant with
Swing Manager (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours, cranky customers
8 hour days,
learned how to calm an angry customers down, and how to make someones day.
some managers care, others dont
Fun workplace, can still get task at hand done
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Taber, ABAugust 26, 2014
Pros: the team, good hours, half off food.
Cons: new hires, having to work almost every sunday
I never dreaded going to work, I knew I could have fun there as long as I got what I needed to done. Our team was close, we all got a long well despite any diversity.
This was my first job so I put my heart into it, I wanted to be the best employee I could, and they helped you along the way, how to improve yourself to your next advancement, taking you – more... aside when you have a bad day. Co-workers were easy to get along with and often brought out of their shell.
The hardest thing about this job i would say would either be the cleaning of grease off of anywhere it collects or, the overwhelming of advancing, and not wanting to disappoint.
The most enjoyable part was working as a team. – less
enjoyable place to work with great people
Customer service (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: stress free environment
Cons: not enough staff overnight
i really enjoyed working with mcdonalds, fast paced environment with great staff members.
Productive career advancements
Salary Manager (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: working beyond the hours you are getting paid for occasionally
I have worked at McDonalds for collectively 10 years
I have worked my way up from just a regular worker to a salary manager I started when I was 14 and am currently 25.

I currently am in charge of the inventory management, training, co-workers performance review, customer relations
The Typical Day At Work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Thompson, MBAugust 24, 2014
Pros: eating lunch there was great, especially the free smiles.
Cons: unsure of a spare moment.
To McDonalds,
When I worked at McDonalds, it made me feel proud of myself. Im glad to have the opportunity to have a job review ; since when I was there I learnt that to keep a job and have a job is the only way a person should live.
The hardest part of me was to probably keep my head up after I made a mistake. While balancing life I learned that talking – more... to my coworkers more about the job then after the job, is the better key. Yet still the most enjoyable part was to have an occupation and to know that I am providing for my family to have a future that is brighter then the past. – less
Good first job
Cook (Current Employee), MilcreekAugust 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: minimum wage
It's McDonald's, customers are rude, mangers are tolerable, overall, not a terrible first job
Canadian company of Fast food Restaurant with great benefits and rewarding career.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Surrey,BCAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free meals, bonus, benefits.
Cons: no fixed shift
My job is to run shifts as a manager that is all about great customer service. My responsibilities consists of managing people , sending them on their breaks , setting targets , balancing tills, holding crew accountable for their role. It is great feeling to be part of one of the greatest companies, great management who put their people first. It gets – more... challenging at times to meet all success factors of great customer satisfaction when something comes up or some crew call in sick. – less
working at ymca new comer centre
i was a server (Former Employee), scarborough,town centreAugust 22, 2014
Pros: got to help other youths
Cons: alot of paper work
i enjoyed working at the ymca new comer centre mostly because i got treated equally even though i was a youth employee i also enjoy being there because i got to help other youth find jobs and i enjoy the company of the staff members, and i got to do hands on which works better for me the hardest part of my job was the paper work at times it got overwhelming, – more... apart from that i loved my job because not only did i got to work with fun supportive people but i also got the customer service experience that i needed. – less
Bad Managment
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Kincardine, ONAugust 22, 2014
Pros: half of food
Cons: bad managment
A typical day is cooking food and making sandwiches and cleaning.

Learned how to cook a burger (lol).

Management was very hard to get along with.
OK
Kitchen (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONAugust 21, 2014
It was ok to work there at the time. I had more problems working at McDonalds with some of the people but other people were great to work with
skilled, productive, fun, and team work job
Crew Trainer, Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 21, 2014
I have gained a lots of customer service experience, developed and gain self confident, learn to work as a team member.
not fun, sexist environment, not worth the money, managements terrible, dirty place to work, no chance of moving up in the company, conglomerate
Front Counter/ Drive-Thru/ Kitchen staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the crew
Cons: no room for expansion/ growth, small wages, sexist environment
a typical day at work is unpleasant because tasks are not divided equally amongst the employees and usually the guys are given more demanding tasks as in things like "heavy lifting" ,climbing ladders for stock basically anything labor intensive is a "guys" task when we all get paid the same we should all be given the same tasks.

Management is very – more... hit and miss especially because my store is run by a bunch of sexist women who pick and choose who their favorites are and give them the easiest tasks.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my fellow crew because those are the people along with me who get the job done. – less
fun place to work
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), torontoAugust 19, 2014
Pros: discounted meal
Cons: tiring
McDonald is a great place to work for young students looking for part time job.
Not a nice place to work
General Staff (Former Employee), Dublin, DAugust 19, 2014
Was never trained on anything except for the bins. Constantly changing and replacing bins for the entire day in a busy restaurant takes it out of you.
Fast pace enviroment
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2014
-Alternating between making food and working till
-Learned extensively about cleaning and sanitation
Hard working restaurant
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 17, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: low pay
The job was essentially a very hard working typical job, there are several responsibilities that every worker had and completed. I learned several positions and new valuable skills that essentially gave me a lot or experience and a maturity growth. The hardest part of the job was working as hard as some of us did and seeing that there was a low pay. – more... The most enjoyable time was making the customers happy. – less
Review on McDonald's
Floor Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free food, socializing with coworkers
Cons: overnight shifts are a must every month
McDonald's is my first job in life. I started at the age of 15 and have excelled throughout my six years of working there. I am now one of the floor managers at my location and my job couldn't any tougher than dealing with customer complaints and the heavy duty work load depending on our rush hours. All in all, my experience is very good and I am happy – more... to be apart of my McDonald's family. – less
Needs Better Mangement, and more people for the job.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 14, 2014
Pros: amazing people to work with, with crew outings.
Cons: stressful
The Co-workers are great, however Management expects fast results when then do no have enough people to do the job. It can become very stressful at time because of this.
productive work serving food to the customers
Grill Cook/ Kitchen (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: discount of 50%
Cons: working in a muddy place
The routine is the same. I learned to work Fast under pressure and keep myself busy at all times. I was only a crew member. Co-workers we're nice with me. The hardest part was working when it got really busy with barely anyone with me. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
McDonalds
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: over time
Greeting Costumers
- " welcome to Mcdonalds" " How can I help you today" ?
- help costumers order their food
- I learn how to communicate well with costumers
- I learn the meaning of "hospitality"
- I learn out to problem solve
- I worked well with my co-workers
- the hardest part abut the job is dealing with confusing costumers however, I always solve – more... the problem by recommending meals to them.
- the most enjoyable part of the job talking to people everyday and putting smiles on people faces. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more