McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,789 reviews matching the search
Productive, a fun working environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaMay 29, 2016
I learned a lot working at MacDonald's. Like how to deal with customers. The management was always good. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been, working with a lot of great people.
Pros
50%off of food
Cons
Always expected to work on the days booked off.
Fast paced work
front staff (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABMay 29, 2016
I like working at a fast paced and I just hate it when some co workers don't put an effort by helping each other but somehow, everyone works well
Pros
Free meals when you upsell foods
Cons
Lots of hours
Flexible workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2016
A typical day would include lobby or kitchen shift depending on the schedule.Some of the skills I've learned are keeping up with the restaurant demand according to the time of the day,communication skills due to customer interaction and managing time.
The people are great but the management and scheduling needs a bit of work.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 29, 2016
A typical day depends on what day of the week it is and what the weather is like. For example, on days where it's cold, coffee sales go through the roof and on hot days, it's ice cream. Sometimes it's so slow that people go home early, some days its so busy that you've got line up after line up and you're doing a 4 person job on you're own. The hardest part of the job is having to work with managers that use their power to abuse you and boss you around while they stand in the corner and pretend to look busy. The most enjoyable part of the job are managers that respect and care for you and treat you like an equal and not a pack mule. They let you laugh and talk as long as you're still doing your job. Aside from the days that make you want to walk out, the people you work with make the suffering worth while. It's definitely a good first job to help build character and train your skills.
Pros
Free meals for a job well done, music is allowed after the dinner rush during the night shifts, we're allowed to socialize with the guests and create a more personal and comfortable atmosphere.
Cons
Favouritism makes it occasionally unfair to advance in the workplace.
Bad
McDonald's Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 29, 2016
Managers do not care about the employees, they are number one. Even if you are a student you will be required to work certain shifts that sometimes do not cooperate with school
Fast pace
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 29, 2016
Working at McDonald's has it's perks, but there is also a great amount of negatives to working there.
The hours were great, and even though I was part time, I was still getting many hours, and earning a good amount of cash, but the way we were treated was not what an acceptable form of communication, between Employee and Manager.
Pros
50% off you meals
Cons
Strange hours
Typical first job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  GTA, ONMay 28, 2016
Dealing with customers can be invigorating and infuriating. But that is the name of the game. You learn how to work hard and smart. They do instill good values in younger people working. Everyone has to start somewhere and McDonalds is a good launchpad to start at.
Pros
Food and food hours
Cons
Hot and sometimes annoying
benifits
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 28, 2016
this company has helped me gain good customer & multitasking skills. I've been taught how to deal with all types of customers in the most professional, reasonable, articulate manner & also adapt easily to changing time pressures.
It sucks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCMay 27, 2016
Aside from the fact that I made really good friends overt here, the job sucks. Rude customers, the managers don't respect your availabilities, they will always call you to come early to work, etc.
Pros
Friends I made
Cons
Rude customers, Bad managers
The environment in this organization supports a balance between work and personal life.
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 27, 2016
My supervisor gives me praise and recognition when I do a good job.
I am encouraged to learn from my mistakes.
My work is challenging, stimulating, and rewarding.
There is a strong feeling of teamwork and cooperation in this organization.
Customer needs are the top priority
Pros
My manager encourages and supports my development.
Cons
understaff -sometimes
typical days work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 27, 2016
Handling cash, giving correct change, graveyard shifts, and morning shifts. Ensuring everything was clean and sanitized. Multi-tasking while working on the drive-thru, following company and provincial standards of food preparation. Having great customer service, and faster at my tasks each day, but also so doing everything the proper way. Helping teach/guide the newer crew members when they asked or if i noticed any struggles.
Excellent opportunities for students
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 27, 2016
At McDonald's an employee is given great training, and learns how to deal with all sorts of customers, including those who may in some way be disabled. I feel that there is generally a strong, supportive atmosphere between coworkers, whether they be at the same level or in the case of management and staff.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Hard work, can be dirty and tests your patience when dealing with customers.